It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I Thought this was going to be about something real. Just because,there are spikes in searches for strange sounds and russian scentist are digging does not mean a creature is sleeping under the ice. you do not have any evidince. You did do a good job writing your thread and did you just watch that THING movie lmao. I am exctied that they are driling there.Might find a new species of animal. maybe they will find your creature but,i doubt you can hear it all over the whole world that would be so loud that the people drilling woldnt have any ear drums left haha.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

The American and UK Scientists were mainly worried about underground channels connecting numerous lakes together. Their biggest concern is huge amounts of pressure in the lakes being connected through these channels.

With Russia refusing to stop the drilling American and Russian scientists are rushing to punch through in 2 other lakes hoping it will equalize the pressure.

With that in mind what if there are channels that connect lakes all around the world and this is going to create a loss in pressure worldwide in all the lakes thereby causing major parts of land to just collapse. If I remember right there is a large concentration of sounds heard near the Great Lakes and Gulf of Mexico just to name a couple. Then with the recent breach of the crust in the Gulf adding to the problem. It could also be the Gulf floor is cracking up and that tension release on the continents is causing them to shift rapidly.

This could be the sound that's heard worldwide caused by the drilling.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I almost wish I had never began my thread on the weird sounds. I recorded it and it sounds nothing like a creature. The "godzilla" sounds are FAKE.....It sounds nothing like "gozilla" or any other creature. These hoaxers have completely undermined a serious topic. I am ready to just disassociate from the topic completely, even though I want to know what it is.....because I don't want to be lumped in with all this crazy stuff. It is NOT a monster

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Are you saying that one creature is the reason to the strange sounds heard worldwide? Must be a hell of a lungs on that monster!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
aha i see now its so clear. the whole thing smells like old eggs 'big monsters' 'strange noises' drilling and viral rumors.

meh... how much are they paying you to start the next part of the viral...what will it be monster sightings...missing boats and planes.

the strange noise phenomenon was interesting well before the start of 2012 but now its being copied and abused in a quest for views and ticks. (at times even by me)

im off it now . good luck selling the movie or game or whatever
edit on 19-1-2012 by MaximinusThrax because: stuff

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Is this connected to Cloverfield part 2?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Everyone's thinking it. I'm just saying it...Cthulhu.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
You mean they've woken the Midgard serpent?

Seriously though,i can't get my head around how you came up with this theory......especially with no evidence.
The sounds sound more like machinery to me.

Although the Bible does say something about a group of people drilling into ''hell'' and unleashing something.
edit on 19/1/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Release the Kraken!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
On a rather different note, after doing some reading about lake vostok, it seems that the area has been effectively closed off to both the drilling company and "visitors" and so on , due to environmental reasons. Makes sense right? A very delicate eco system under the ice needs protecting right? Only its NASA who have taken over the supervision of the site. Reports also say that a large magnetic structure straddling the crust and the mantle has been discorvered or rather eluded to. Too bad we can't just go there and have a look for ourselves, we should keep a close eye on this matter

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

yes im thinking so...or something similar

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Possibly a bit far fetched, however does anyone ever recall reading about the 'bloop', I have included a link below so you can have a look into this interesting sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) in 1997.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-1-2012 by Nustle because: spelling

edit on 19-1-2012 by Nustle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Haha, good one, OP, you had us going for a minute.

Giant Creature

Wait, you're serious?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
You mean they've awoken the Midgard serpent?

Seriously though,i can't get my head around how you came up with this theory......especially with no evidence.
The sounds sound more like machinery to me.

Although the Bible does say something about a group of people drilling into ''hell'' and unleashing something.

I think you're thinking Lord of the Rings. The Balrog was released when the Dwarves dug too deep in their mines.

I'd suggest that rather than any creature residing at the pole, we more likely have an accumulation of matter there which shifts in time with Earth's rotation, enough to keep it balanced. Gravity would have put it there to begin with (in much the same way that gravity and centripetal force formed the planet into an ovoid form to reduce wobble). If we were to throw off the balance introduced by that accumulation of mass at the poles, I'd expect the planet to react. Adjust. Things would shift into new alignments... and this would likely come through in a visible way at night, with a notable wobble in star locations, and it would cause an increase in seismic activity as gravity and centripetal force try to squeeze the planet back into an optimum shape. Maybe it could be noisy.

Ever turn on an off-balance ceiling fan?

Do we have any correlation of these noises to seismic events?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
just as a precaution , practice correct pronunciation of "Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!".

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Good thread, but I must ask; have you watched Cloverfield lately?

LOL i know right? Seems like everyone wants SOO badly to be in a real life disaster/horror movie scenario

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Maybe Lovecraft wasn't so crazy, being afraid of deep water and underground caverns. Hopefully those scientists don't end up pulling an At The Mountains Of Madness, or worse, John Carpenter's The Thing.

Also, I'a Dagon. I'a Hydra. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

Well Lord of The Rings was based off of Norse Mythology so thats probably what i was thnking about.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

There could easily end up being a lot of truth to what OP has touched on here.

Of course I believe in God tho so don't listen to me.

Revelation 9:1 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss.

King James
And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

But who knows

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join