It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

Speaking of plausible explanations:

Mass Effect 3 viral marketing campaign?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Actually, they stopped drilling at Lake Vostok because they were advised that we would either contaminate the lake under the ice, or a prehistoric disease could come up from it.

Get it right.
edit on 18-1-2012 by BrnBdry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I would like to say good job on attempting to correlate unrelated data and events, but you took it much too far in my opinion. I find it hard to even want to read through any facts or data presented, because already having heard your hypothesis, I immediately found it to be preposterous.

However, I did ponder it, against my better judgement, and decided that your hypothesis does not have even a remote chance of being correct. I think common sense tells us as much, but if you want more scientific reasons, or logical reasons, here are a few, and I neglect to provide further explanation of them for obvious reasons. They are self-explanatory, and while a couple may have a counter-point, we would have to assume too much to make these counter-points seem feasible.

The sounds that are being heard sound nothing like a living, breathing animal would make.

A living, breathing animal would not be able to produce a continuous "roar" for the extended periods these sounds have remained audible.

This is not really important to my argument, but the data shows there were still searches for "strange sounds" on Google prior to the drilling operations, therefore your conclusion has less merit in my opinion. I hold that the sharp increase near the time, but not exact, of the deeper drilling is mere coincidence.

MY MAIN ARGUMENT...

Sound waves would have dissipated well before reaching any other continent, if the origin of those sounds was Antarctica.

If the sound waves were traveling through the atmosphere, then the sounds themselves could be followed to the source, theoretically, and therefore should be heard in more areas than what has occurred in these isolated events.

You may rebut that the sounds travel within the Earth itself, or through the Earth, but again, even with a medium, sounds would fail to travel so large a distance.

The sounds are reported to originate from a "direction", as opposed to coming from under the witnesses' feet. Therefore if the sound were indeed traveling through the Earth, it would appear to originate not from a specific direction, but from the exact spot the observer is located.

Also, if the waves were strong enough to travel using the Earth's composition as a medium, and the sound waves were strong enough to be heard by an observer, they would also have a physical reaction on the area surrounding the observer, ie earthquake-like effects, or at the very least the vibrating of the ground the observer is standing on.

So I have shown that the two mediums that the sound could utilize, if emanated by a monster or originating from Antarctica at all, to travel such a large distance, are not sufficient enough to provide a viable explanation. Therefore your hypothesis has been refuted sufficiently, at least in my opinion.

I could of course have taken this to a much greater depth had I felt it was necessary, so let's not argue points that are obviously implied by the ideas and propositions I have listed in this post.

Also, just because I do not think your theory is viable does not mean that I wish to force my beliefs on anyone, but I will say that if an issue can be resolved via facts, then that belief has in fact simply morphed into "truth". This may or may not be the case here. Let me hear what others think about these points.

edit on 1/18/12 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I'm sorry but I kinda had a chuckle at your screen name.....SeriousIndividual...

I appreciate the time and effort you put into this *theory* of yours. On another note...I think it would make an excellent movie for the Sy-Fi channel. You should submit it

It's a good tale, no? I think they already did the movie though... It was the last Starship Troopers movie where the entire planet turned out to encase the bug/super monster they nuked to kill. err... I hope no one was waiting to watch it for the first time... lol.. That would kinda be a spoiler huh?

Seriously though.. Nothing more exciting than Antarctica...if only because it was a warm, temperate and by some accounts, equatorial land at one time in it's ancient history...so entire an entire continent's worth of animals, plant life and all that goes with it has lived and died beneath what is now barren ice....except for a few warm (??) water lakes and the environment they spawn.

I don't know about creatures that can be heard around the planet, but it won't shock me to hear the first Russian to stick his head down there by probe or in person is met by some critter equally baffled and curious, staring right back. Maybe a fish or something entirely different than anything we've seen before. After all...whatever would be there has evolved for millions of years across it's own 100% isolated line. I can't wait to hear more when facts start leaking out!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Good thread, but I must ask; have you watched Cloverfield lately?

I was just going to post that.

Cause that creature sounds like alot of those sounds.

www.soundboard.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

I never gave a reason why they stopped drilling. It clearly says they stopped because of the Winter season and would return in December. You act like I said they stopped drilling because they awakened a giant creature, which I never said was the reason.
edit on 18-1-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There was a thread here on ATS in december, that was about how the earth was a living breathing organism ?
Something like that ? Maybe this creature is the earth ?

Maybe the creature posted the thread ? Ahah !

To tell you the truth I think OP has brought attention to some significant correlations going on here that could at least prove the authenticity of these sounds somehow. Good job OP! SnF.
edit on 18-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Does anyone else find the original poster's screen name ironic in light of this post? I'm just putting it out there. This is better than all religion and/or creation posts. Truely grandeose....

edit on 18-1-2012 by Philodemus because: bad spelling

Sorry Destinyone, just saw your post! Didn't mean to step on your toes, but mine is staying up. The only thing serious here is the serious stretching of the imagination. So, funny.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Lovecraft would have loved this thread. Shhhh be quite don't wake The Ancient ones. Cthulhu rises from the deep. Suspect its utter rubbish but its a fun idea to roll around in your head for a minute.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
These strange sounds are not from some monster I'm afraid. The sounds were heard all over the world, that's why there were so many searches on it. There is at least 5 threads on the strange sound on ats that I can remember. I heard it myself don't know what it is but the only monsters we have here are of the criminal variety.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Not sure if trolling, or...

I do thank you for the thread, friend, although I can't agree with your premise. I'll admit it's POSSIBLE...but that's not saying a great deal. It is definitely cool of you to bring up two very interesting subjects and tie them together in such a novel way, however.

I'll have to look more into Lake Vostok as well, which I'm ashamed to admit I had also forgotten completely about. Thanks for the belly chuckle, regardless - and I hope we find some more benign explanation for the weirdness and that your "giant earth-affecting monster" theory is NOT correct!

Have a great night.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

There could easily end up being a lot of truth to what OP has touched on here.

Of course I believe in God tho so don't listen to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit - spoiler warnings, come on!!

Was it worth watching, honestly? I think I finished the second movie, and that was about enough for me...interesting tie-in with the...well, perverted Gaia theory, though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 18-1-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

2012 I mean lol

edit on 18-1-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You know what? This morning I had a dream about a monster reaking havok around me, I never saw it but I heard the screams and gunshots and the roaring/howling... Throughout I focused on just making sure everyone hide ourselves well and I could help but compare it to something almost lovecraftian... Seeing this now sends chills up my spine.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
Does anyone else find the original poster's screen name ironic in light of this post? I'm just putting it out there. This is better than all religion and/or creation posts. Truely grandeose....

edit on 18-1-2012 by Philodemus because: bad spelling

Sorry Destinyone, just saw your post! Didn't mean to step on your toes, but mine is staying up. The only thing serious here is the serious stretching of the imagination. So, funny.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

No prob Sweet Pea...Great minds think alike....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I like your theory. Not sure if I buy it, but I like it-well thought out with interesting corolations. Perhaps they are going to awaken Cthulu. Then we will all be sorry. They will be through the ice in a week huh? There are a number of surges into novelty on the Timewave next week-perhaps this will play a role.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Sooner than a week now...probably in the next few days. If there is something huge down there when they send a camera down I hope it's seen.

In the Antarctic summer of 2012–13, the Russian team also plans to send an underwater robot into the lake to collect water samples and sediments from the bottom. An environmental assessment of the plan will be submitted at the Antarctic Treaty's consultative meeting in May 2012

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So... the Jurassic Park will have a new stuff ?
I wonder how much the ticket will cost me.

New! Partial thawed Vostokia Monster (Bob) on tour, contact your travel agency for reservation. Exclusive photo and sounds CD compilation available!
Liability release paper must be signed. Another product from InGen Research (Russia).
Visit www.vostokmon.com for details.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join