It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Scientists Have Awakened a Giant Creature

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is my theory...

As Russian scientists drilled into the ice sheet of Lake Vostok early last year they unintentionally awakened a giant creature living in the depths of the lake. Drilling stopped in early February of 2011, but the damage had already been done.

Take a look at this chart-

See it for yourself- Search trend of "Strange Sounds"

Notice how searches of the words "strange sounds" spiked in late 2010. Wonder why? Read this...

Drilling for sample cores was halted in 1998 at roughly 100 meters (300 ft) above the suspected boundary where the ice sheet and the liquid waters of the lake are thought to meet. In November 2010, when the team came up with new, ecologically-safe methods of probing the lake without contamination; the scientists submitted a final environmental evaluation of the project to the Antarctic Treaty System's environmental protection committee and were given the go-ahead to sample the ancient waters.

What may be going on here is that in 1998 when drilling stopped, the creature was just about to be woken up, but luckily the drilling ceased. Twelve years passed with no drilling whatsoever, but in late 2010 the drilling began again and with so little distance left between the ice and the liquid waters, the creature began to awaken.

Throughout 2011 there were many reports from around the world of people hearing strange sounds. Most were consistent in the form of being a low rumble with no apparent direction. These were the sounds this creature made as it awoke. As you can see from the search trend chart, searches stayed pretty consistent through 2011. The reason for this can be determined from the following text...

In January 2011 the head of the Russian Antarctic Expedition, Valery Lukin, announced that his team had only 50 meters of ice left to drill in order to reach the water.

Drilling stopped on 5 February 2011 at a depth of 3,720 meters (12,200 ft) so that the research team could make it off the ice and onto the last flight before the beginning of the Antarctic winter season.

Drilling had been going on for about three months when it ceased in February. The creature had been awake for most of that time and it's anger had been building as the sounds of drilling echoed through the depths of Lake Vostok. With the drilling halted until December, the creature's discomfort stayed consistent which is reflected by the the search trend chart as said previously. You'll notice near mid April searches of "strange sounds" dropped, but spiked near mid May back to the level they'd been at throughout the beginning of 2011. This drop is either the result of a glitch or from my theory as follows. Drilling stopped in early February and the creature slowly began to calm down, but not by much. Nearing mid April, it tried to rest again and manage to do so for about a month, but awoke on it's own after now having it's sleep pattern disrupted in late 2010. The creature's anger rose to the level it had been at before and slowly built. This is also reflected by the trend chart as you can see after the spike, searches continued to rise into August and then dropped month by month. I believe this reflects the creature's attempt to again calm down and possibly rest, but little did it know within the next few months drilling would continue.

Over the past few weeks and into December there has been a huge spike in the amount of topics and reports of strange sounds being heard around the world. Check the search trend chart to see how massive this spike really is. What might be causing such an increase? Read the following...

The drilling team left by aircraft on February 6 and will have to wait until the next austral summer begins in December 2011 to try again.

When drilling continued in December the creature exploded with anger letting out louder roars than ever before thus the massive spike in searches of "strange sounds". We've seen a lot of new videos recently showing the newer sound being heard which sounds more like a massive scream/roar unlike the sounds heard throughout 2011 which sound more like a consistent vibration or lower groaning/roaring. Now I don't know how many of these videos can be trusted as I've recently found many of them to be an obvious hoax (they use the same audio played in another video), but what can't be denied is the spike in searches and the fact that these new sounds do reflect the current condition this creature must be in.

As of 13 January, they had reached a depth of 3737.5 meters, about 15 meters away from liquid water. With three teams drilling around the clock and making progress at an average of 2 meters per day, Priscu says they're on track to break through within the week.

If they break through within the next few days and the drilling ceases permanently then maybe this creature will be able to calm down enough to finally one day rest again as it had been doing so for however long before late 2010. Only time will tell, but in the meantime I'll elaborate a bit on one more thing. Obviously the Russian research team would be hearing these sounds at a much louder level than most other people on the planet and they most certainly would know much more this creature than anyone else. We all know how it goes with the expeditions to Antarctica. Whatever discoveries made there, stay there, and in the minds of those sworn to secrecy.

This could get interesting.

Ex. text from:
Wikipedia (cached page because of the blackout)

news.sciencemag.org...

edit on 18-1-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So lake Vostok is the new Elenin/Niburu X?

Great.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Really? A giant creature.

And what type of giant creature is it? Care to elaborate?

Lol @ Godzilla.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

I'm not being a wise guy but do you seriously believe it's a monter down there?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So your evidence that a giant creature exists in Lake Vostok is:

1-Russian scientists drilled a hole in the ice.
2-An uptick in strange atmospheric noises.... worldwide.

Am I missing any other 'evidence'?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

It obviously has adapted to live in water for long periods of time and is large enough to be heard around the world through vibrations or the sounds themselves. You paint the picture of what it may look like.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
in any case they will be breaking through the ice any day now and i cant wait to see what has evolved in this inhospitable environment

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
wow! now thats as far fetched a theory as they come.
a creature whose roar can be heard around the world?
those scientists are dead meat for sure
nice idea but hardly plausable
a creature whose roar is definitely bigger than its bite...
edit on 18/1/12 by SecretKnowledge because: if i was an american, i'd vote for ron paul too

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So why do people hear it from all over the world that are localized? Not to mention a sound coming from a lake bed that could be heard from around the world . One would think everyone person in the world would of heard this sound. I imagine the sound of a nuclear explosion would be extremely loud , but not enough to have the sound wave travel the world. To have a sound wave or shock wave that big would of ripped apart Russia. I would think

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I cant wait now. I had forgotten about Vostok. Im excited to find out what they find down there.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Are you able to comprehend how large the "creature" would have to be to make noises all around the world.

And I'm sure someone else just pointed out that the noises people are hearing are localized to the region they live in.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Popular because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I kinda had a chuckle at your screen name.....SeriousIndividual...

I appreciate the time and effort you put into this *theory* of yours. On another note...I think it would make an excellent movie for the Sy-Fi channel. You should submit it

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Popular

It all depends if you hear it and care to even consider it as being more than it actually may be. I've heard the faint rumbling sound just like many other people and the only reason I heard it one night was because I decided to act upon it by opening my window to have a better listen. I happened to be laying in bed around 4AM in a silent house so that adds to the strangeness of the sound. Maybe a lot of the time people hear these low rumbles, but don't even notice them because they either don't care or the sounds are mixed into the daily sounds around them. As for these recent videos with the loud screaming/roaring that goes on and off...like I said many have been proven a hoax so who knows about that sounds, but as for the other sound, I've heard it myself so I know what many people claim to hear is actually going on.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa cause the strange sounds we've heard sound absolutely NOTHING like a creature, geez these articles about the sounds are getting worse by the day. rubbish

link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It would...maybe I will.

link   
Leviathan;

Leviathan

Might as well be at this point in time.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
reply to post by Popular

It all depends if you hear it and care to even consider it as being more than it actually may be. I've heard the faint rumbling sound just like many other people and the only reason I heard it one night was because I decided to act upon it by opening my window to have a better listen. I happened to be laying in bed around 4AM in a silent house so that adds to the strangeness of the sound. Maybe a lot of the time people hear these low rumbles, but don't even notice them because they either don't care or the sounds are mixed into the daily sounds around them. As for these recent videos with the loud screaming/roaring that goes on and off...like I said many have been proven a hoax so who knows about that sounds, but as for the other sound, I've heard it myself so I know what many people claim to hear is actually going on.

Yeah I'd be looking at more plausible explanations first, instead of jumping to massive conclusions.

Try thunder.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What is the "speculation" on what this "Giant creature" could be?

Anyone remember the Bloop noise?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Good thread, but I must ask; have you watched Cloverfield lately?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join