It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begin Sex Ed in Kindergarten, Says New ‘National Standards’ Report

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
My eldest was taught the name of her Vagina was vagina, and her elbow was her elbow...very matter of fact. A hundred years back animals on the farm bred and children saw it...Dogs breed still and opportunities present themselves...chickens and roosters...etc...eggs are used often during the week...

As a child grows a parent can inform...naturally a few will be uninformed or come from major dysfunction...a sex class will not help...maybe basic human biology would be a better starting point...without the school over reaching even further tha they do already-for those in public schools.

About 30 yrs back, Donahue had a show with gay teachers and their plan...

No more

Sally has 2 apples
Johnny has 3

Mark has 4

How many apples all together?

No, they basically stated they would say Sally has 2
Johnny has 3

Mark has 4

mark and Johnny are a couple.

How many apples altogether?

it is ludicrous and beyond idiocy.

Agenda???

Please, spare me the naïveté.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I have a GREAT idea!

Instead of teaching little Bobby and Jill about how to have wild passionate sex with each other, why not teach them how to balance a checkbook, write a complete sentence or that France is a country.

In case you hadn't noticed, Americans are as dumb as a box of rocks..

I think i peed myself a little bit that was so funny, and sad, and gawdawful hilarious.
Name a country that starts with U. bwahahahaha!

apologies -off topic, but that was teh funny

edit on 19-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowDancer
Failing to teach our children to read,write,and do arithmetics...anal fisting is now at the top of their list.

Seriously? Anal fisting?

We're basically talking about body awareness.

You have some issues IMO.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowDancer

Shadowdancer, if you took the time to read some of the comments only two or three comments above yours, you might not have had to expend all that effort disturbing us with your scary irrational fear mongering delusions.

Here, I'll make it easy for you, one of the last comments by user Believer101: CLICK ME

mkthxbai
edit on 19-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I hate how these fools think its ok to expose kids to sex at such a young age when they will clearly not be able to understand the seriousness of it.

What is the world coming too?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Reading some of these responds makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. So how does telling a child the truth about how reality and nature works somehow magically take away their innocence? How much of it? Can you measure it and show some peer reviewed studies that show this? Perhaps I should also mention that a camera does not steal a person soul btw.
There is 3 possible scenarios:
1) Parents dont do their job and educate their children when the questions arise. Then they learn the stuff in the school.
2) Parents do their job and do educate their children. Then they get same education from another source too.
3) Noone educates them. They learn on their own and start experimenting. So we leave it to chance that they figure not to start having children at age 10.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh Noes!
The Evil Liberal Gay Atheists are gonna teach kids that sex 'cool as long as you wear a condom' and that gay sex is 'normal'!! Soon their agenda to make all of our kids either gay or pregnant will come to pass!!!

Well at least this is what I feel is going through people's heads from a post like this!

Come, on people.....America is one of the most sexually repressed Nations in the Modern Western World....and yet we have one of the highest teen pregnancy rates as well! All of this nonsense of trying to make kids think that there's something 'wrong' or immoral about even discussing sex instills a feeling of rebelliousness and 'dirtyness' in the kids minds when they think of sex....That's why there's much less teen pregnancy in countries that have a much more open culture about sex and sexuality.....if you really care about your kids then you shouldn't instill such a negative morality into the idea of sex.

Remember that saying "if you outlaw guns, then only outlaws will own guns".....Well guess what..If you make sex seem like a a guilty and irresponsible pleasure then young people will only have sex in guilty and irresponsible ways ! You drive those ideas into young kids heads enough time it sticks!

Just relax....Schools are just giving kids the facts....like they're supposed to, and the younger the better, honestly. If you want to instill negative, and immoral connotations into the very act of sex of itself, that's up to you....but it'll not have the effect you want...

Oh and PS....If you're worried that teaching kids to respect gays will make them gay.....it won't. You can't just turn 'gay'. You're either gay, or you're not. I've never had a problem with homosexuals, and count many gay, lesbians, and bisexuals as my friends....yet it's never tempted me to become gay!
You simply like what you like.....personally I like redheads. I had a buddy that was only attracted to obese women. He didn't turn that way....it's simply always been what turned him on....same with any sexual desire.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I took a look at those standards, and the main thing that I really have problem with is that they routinely emphasize going to authority figures if they're being bullied or are having problems. They keep encouraging, all the way up, going to authority instead of trying to solve the problems themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=dodgerblue]I don't believe that kids are ready for that kind of curriculum in kindergarten. I certainly wouldn't want anyone telling my boys about the birds and the bees at that age...

Well, Kids are told about "Birds and Bees" and not about Sex. By telling them "Oh, the storch brings the children", "Birds and Bees" and other lies, it's no wonder we have so many teenagers aged 12-15 running around as mothers, because they were never told, they were never educated and found it out the hard way, because the parents though "uuuh but children are innocent, leave them innocent, don't tell them nasty things"...and than every education already is way, way too late.
I think it's a good idea to teach children about it. I mean children are curious and the so called "playing doctor" starts around 5-6 years of age usually.

And finally: We should arrive in the 21st Century and all people should finally realise that Sex and having Children is part of our live. Sex isn't something evil, it's not from the devil and talking about it shouldn't be a taboo. Just because most americans are prude and most religious folks are prude, doesn't mean that Nature starts it's normal way by kickstarting sexual interests (Freud said a few interesting things about how children discover sex and their sexuality) and later puberty.

One would think in the 21st Century Europeans would learn to mind their own business.

Because it isn't a matter of prudishness, but a matter of freedom. Giving children, young human beings, the right to self determination without outside influence. When they are ready the information should be made available. Doing so too early could very well have the same effect as brainwashing.

P.S
Freud only holds historical value in Psychology(as Freud has been totally debunked as a crazy charlatan, left to an age renowned for it's embrace of the crazy and absurd), and the only place where his "theories" are still being used is in Feminist circles(enough said).

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am not a parent and I would have to say no to sex ed at that age. It seems kids nowadays don't even get the chance to be kids anymore. The weight of the world is bearing down on them enough already. Why rob them of their childhood innocents? I say let them be and let them play.
edit on 19-1-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Who is behind this? Disney?

Seems like certain people would like to "educate" small children about sex to provide an opportunity to seduce them, IMO.

Let's not turn kindergarten into pedogarten.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Are we seriously looking to teach children to lose their virginity at an earlier age...? My God...girls are losing their virginity at 10 these days.

Yes, I'm afraid this is exactly what they are doing. The future society that they are planning for requires that people mature very early and become adults at 20. This is the "New World Order" that you hear politicians talking about. It will happen to your children's children so your children are being prepared or "pre-programmed" for it now.

The most terrifying aspect of it is that people will also be required to die young and not burden others "for the good of society" in order to cut out all the costs of healthcare and retirement. That means you and I will be subject to euthanasia when we reach retirement age. They are going to start with our generation as they have made us the most "useless" and destructive in the eyes of future generations because of all the drinking, smoking, drug-taking, partying and the "destruction of the planet" - which they are going to blame on us and use as the excuse to end our lives early.

I'm a teacher and only yesterday I saw this question in a coursebook: "Do you think this generation will be blamed for global warming and the destruction of the planet in the future?" There is no doubt in my mind that we will be.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I know it's been said a few times in some fashion earlier in the thread, but it bears repeating.

I taught 5th grade for 5 years. Everything in this standards report (which I assume most contributors did not actually read) is already taught in schools...with the exception of the identity piece. The identity piece states that sexual orientation is e romantic attraction of someone to someone of a different or the same gender. They should know that by the end of 5th grade. That's the only difference from what is happening now, in a lot of schools. I've had to teach the other stuff, and when a kid is troubled about it, social workers are already teaching the identity piece in small group sessions.

20 years ago, in 5th grade, we had the puberty talk and filmstrip. In P.E., we learned body parts. In 4th grade science, we learned sexual and asexual reproduction. This is all not new, with the exception of the identity part.

The identity part is good, because by 5th grade, kids are starting to feel that pull. We don't want them to act it out, but it is an undercurrent in every 5th grade class by March of that year. Ask any 5th grade teacher. Furthermore, kids as early as second grade are calling each other "fags." The identity piece is a good one, since it educates about those terms, why they're used, and why they're negative and should be avoided.

I won't speak to the 6-12 standards, since the post was clearly designed to incite anger about the whoring of our children and that's a K-5 claim.

Why are people worried about information as a corruption, when there's an all out war on the FCC currently to eliminate censorship issues, the hyper-sexualization of 13 year olds on "kids" television, and a current political climate where the solution to difficult issues like this is "ignore it and it'll go away?" Certain retail outlets market shorts to 12 year old girls that basically say "I like to bang guys" and you're worried that they'll start giving oral to random guys because they learn that the name for the thing is a penis?

Here's a better idea: Stop treating women like they're only fit to keep the house and have the kids. Teach young girls why they should aim as high as possible, and why early sexuality can prevent those goals. Teach young men that they're not more effective males because they get lucky at parties. Allow contraception to be purchased by families that choose to do so (I'm looking at you, Rick Santorum.) Give everyone involved the information to understand what a good choice is. Last, stop attributing the massive amount of judgement to girls who make mistakes. Help young, sexually active students remember that they can make a more positive choice starting today...not that they're already screwed it all up and are going to hell.

Bringing sexual issues to the forefront is the only way to deal with it. I know it's easier to pass judgement on parents of kids who make mistakes than to actually fix a problem, but the kids deserve better from us than apathy followed up with a healthy dose of contempt.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yup, 'cause teaching kids gradually over 6 years why those frightening changes are happening to their bodies, why they can't seem to lose that extra 10 pounds that they get picked on for, and why making fun of someone because they're gay is a horrible thing is totally going to breed sexual dysfunction.

Maybe part of the dysfunction is due to the fact that it is absolutely inappropriate to give any information out to someone until they're of age, and then it's high fives for the guys and shame on you for the girls. You're probably right though, I'm sure that has nothing to do with it and it's all because they learned what a boob was too early.

Your comment is offensive, lacking in any thought whatsoever, and a major part of the problem. When people who try to address these issues which are plaguing our children are immediately labelled as pedophiles, how do you expect the problem to ever be addressed?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Teach the kids about money?????

The one subject not taught ANYWHERE is money, hell doctors graduate in their 30's not having this education.

My friend, the wealthy don't want us to know about money, permiscuous sex at 5yrs old sure, not money...America needs strippers, cashiers, stockboys, coffee frothers, not young adolescents with monetary education....I wish I knew then what I know now...Homeschool kids if possible or at least teach investment and money as a tool from young age, government don't teach that. Government runs education.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rottensociety

What does this even mean?

Adults at 20 is early? I finished my undergrad at 20. The only things I couldn't do at 20 that were "adult" were drinking at the bar without a fake, and renting a car at the airport. Biologically, we're pretty much there at 20, and 18 year olds go and die for us. How is 20 any earlier than it has always been? I would argue that, due to the increased emphasis on college education, more students are becoming "adult" much later than before, when high school and then a decent job was possible. Next time you want to fear monger, shoot a little lower....like 15.

Number two: They're going to make the NWO, which will undoubtedly reduce the population by a large amount due to the environmental problems you allude to, by getting kids to reproduce earlier? How does that work? They're going to create sustainability by having MORE babies? Unless you think Soylent Green was a conditioning piece, you're completely off the mark there. If anything, the NWO would endorse a "one and done" strategy. Think more Gattaca, less Jerry Springer.

Please elaborate....how exactly does teaching what a friend is in Kindergarten, so that in 4th grade they can understand the difference between friend and partner, help the NWO again? I still can't see the connection. Also, what does that have to do with global warning, elderly euthanasia, and blaming you for all of it?

I feel like I'm my high school debate class, where the tactic for every resolution was to say that doing anything would result in WW3. Kids can't learn about sex because of Nuclear Holocaust, Famine, Religious Persecution, The Decline of the Euro, The Underground War With the Greys, and Barack Obama. Oh, and Death Panels. Death. Death again for emphasis. Oh the humanity....stop this now!

Am I doing it right?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I have a GREAT idea!

Instead of teaching little Bobby and Jill about how to have wild passionate sex with each other, why not teach them how to balance a checkbook, write a complete sentence or that France is a country.

In case you hadn't noticed, Americans are as dumb as a box of rocks..

I'm not sure how many times I have to quote this, but I'll keep doing it until people like you understand what they're REALLY doing:

Recommendations for students by the time they reach age seven include that they "Use proper names for body parts, including male and female anatomy” and “[p]rovide examples of how friends, family, media, society and culture influence ways in which boys and girls think they should act.”

Starting in the third grade, and upon completion of the fifth – when most children are 10 years old – students should be able to “[d]efine sexual orientation as the romantic attraction of an individual to someone of the same gender or a different gender” and “Identify parents or other trusted adults of whom students can ask questions about sexual orientation.”

By completion of the eighth grade, the report says, students should be able to “[d]ifferentiate between gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation,” “[e]xplain the range of gender roles,” and “[d]efine emergency contraception and its use.”

I ask you, where in all of what I just quoted does is say they are going to actually talk about sex to anyone younger than 8th graders (13 - 14)? Even to the 8th graders it's only about emergency contraception.
In YOUR sex ed class, did they teach anything about how to have "wild, passionate sex" with someone else? In mine, they taught us anatomy, safe sex precautions, and we had to watch a god awfully boring film about the growth of a human child in the womb.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MentalData

When I taught 5th grade, I always ran an Economics Education enrichment project. We played The Stock Market Game, even though since it was a compressed timetable for competition's sake, and kids invariably ended up shorting companies with bad earnings reports in a last ditch effort to make a quick five grand and win, I always believed that this sort of education was important.

However, that didn't prevent me from teaching the required adolescent curriculum, since they're not mutually exclusive.

Also, why did you decide to bring up "permiscuous (sic) sex with 5 year olds?" The standards through 2nd grade that have you all uppity involve names for body parts, what a friend is, and that they have the right to tell drunk Uncle Charley that he can't touch them there.

Having made a few calls to DCFS out of obligation, I wish more kids would have been taught how to stand up to Uncle Charley. No offense to anyone named Charley.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I refer you to my post HERE to ask you a serious question. Where in any of that does it state they're doing this to "sexualize children to seduce them"? By age 7 they ask the kids know the name of their parts, what makes boys different than girls, and how the media, friends, family, etc. puts pressure on young kids today to look, think, act, and dress in a specific way or be shunned.
If you think that's "sexualizing children to seduce them" you have some major problems and need to get yourself checked out.

As I stated before, in that post I referred you to, actually:
Sexual Education =/= teaching about sex

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Thank you. This is very important.

Why do people equate the instruction that "the thing you pee with is called a vagina" with "the thing you pee with is called a vagina, and now that you know that, you should know that you can also use it for doggy style sex?"

There are plenty of reasons to be upset with government and the education system. We don't need to make things up to fit that bill.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join