It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begin Sex Ed in Kindergarten, Says New ‘National Standards’ Report

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If you cant control something,it will control you.
And that something is lust...
Sex wasnt a sin at any time....
I cant think of a more foolish person who thinks otherwise.
Yes, there was a condition and a valid one.
Sex should be between couples in a married relationship.
What is the problem with this?
Ya!! your lust,isnt it??
Marrige was like a dam which controlled the flow of lust.since you broke that dam, you are now trying to control with walls of clay..
The end result will be you will turn into animals.
Your lust is responsible for the current condition due to which children are forced to ask those questions.
Now the logical question.
if sex is natural, what is the problem with doing it freely??
Its true that nature develops hormones and other sexual senses with age, so naturally the logical way will be to flow with it?? right??
But what you forget is that nature also gives the power to control your sexual senses..
For example, you dont feel aroused towards your sister,brother,etc. to a certain extent...
In Indian Gurukuls or schools in the old times, emphasis was laid on the further development of this control through meditation,yoga and others.
That control is the natural contraception which nature provides us...
In those times, relationships were based on the feeling of understanding each other first not jumping into bed on first date...
If friendship and trust comes first, there will be much more potential for happy relationship...
There was negligible chance of STD's as sex was with single partner, unplanned pregnancy, single parent child ,child abuse,overpopulation,etc.
Now compare it with so called advanced world of today.
We are going blind with our lust for power,money and sex ...
Pity is instead of controlling these lusts, we are busy finding excuses to justify those.
Irony is, the more lust you have , the more you will seek it.
No wonder we get bored with a partner today.
This mess is our own doing and instead of sorting it out, we are further messing it saying that its already messed up.
If you dont know how to control a reaction, you are surely going to blow it up.
There is nothing like overpopulation.
It all depends upon your need and greed.
Within last few decades, man has destroyed nearly all the roots of his society and after few decades, there wont be any society to talk about.
Sages learn from the past and take actions considering their results on the future.
Thanx.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Maybe I'm alone in this but I don't think so...

Seems to me when I was young, I only started thinking about sex when I was about 12-13...

So beginning sex ed in kindergarten is utter madness. Kids should be able to use contraception by 12-13 but before then, it's crazy.

Anyway, it should be the parents job anyway, not the school's job.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Yeah, and priests/preachers are known and "trusted" by all as well and we all know that child sex abuse never takes place there.......

Not to mention the many teacher/student sex escapades that have went down over the years. So people like Jerry Sandusky wholeheartedly disagrees with you.

I'll never trust anyone with my 4 year old child when it comes to anything remotely involving sex. I dont care how far the subject goes either. I dont care if its just as simple as pointing this or that out.

The job is ultimately on the parents.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Anyway, it should be the parents job anyway, not the school's job.

So what happens to the children whose parents donn't teach them a single thing about sexual education? What about the children whose parents are already sexually abusing them? When are people going to accept that our personal beliefs are not (usually) "right?" Oddly enough I find the majority of people on this conspiracy website to be quite sane, and I would have little doubt about their ability to properly rear children safely and intelligently. But what about the OTHER 95% of people who have no idea what they are even doing for themselves? The people who have been doing drugs non stop since high school? Or the people who spend every moment of their free time drowning out reality with television? "The system" is not trying to turn your children into perverted sexual deviants. They are trying to keep them well informed and able to make intelligent proper decisions.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

So what happens to the children whose parents donn't teach them a single thing about sexual education?

That's why they should teach them sex-ed but not in kindergarten, but when kids are 11-12-13... when they actually think about having sex.

But what about the OTHER 95% of people who have no idea what they are even doing for themselves?

Humans lived tens of thousands of years before sex-ed was created. So it doesn't matter much.

"The system" is not trying to turn your children into perverted sexual deviants.

Considering what the little girls are turning into younger and younger because of the MSM BS they are spewing, I would disagree with that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

No, I did not follow your "debate". I read the title and entire first page and thats enough. Sorry to offend you. I'm glad you managed to pull that much out of my COMMENT, by the way.

I'm Canadian, if it didn't show up for you. I laugh at america each day I come on this sight, one issue after another. Get it together already.

I'm, "in need of leveling up"? ...Life isn't a video game.
As for embarrassing myself? I seriously could care less about that either, I am who I am.
I speak my mind. If you don't like it, don't read or reply, if you're "level 99 intelligence".

Okay? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I find it really difficult to take this thread seriously, I'm 22; my mother was very frank and honest about sex (and everything else for that matter) from a very young age. She was very pragmatic about it and made sure I understood the risks and responsibilities of any act I engaged in. I still have unprotected sex regularly, and have had for the past seven years; the reality of the situation is that kids will do what feels good until they're at a point where they can experientially acknowledge that sometimes doing what feels good does not bear benefits, long term.

I can't believe any of you think that these educational policies will make any difference either way, do any of you honestly believe that any kids even as young as 13 having sex do not know about condoms? You all sound like a bunch of politicians hahaha

edit on 18-1-2012 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I agree too.
I remember i was roughly eleven when i first had such feelings.
it depends upon the environment you are grown.

And today's environment is the reason why this problem exists in the first place.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
reply to post by Believer101

Yeah, and priests/preachers are known and "trusted" by all as well and we all know that child sex abuse never takes place there.......

Not to mention the many teacher/student sex escapades that have went down over the years. So people like Jerry Sandusky wholeheartedly disagrees with you.

I'll never trust anyone with my 4 year old child when it comes to anything remotely involving sex. I dont care how far the subject goes either. I dont care if its just as simple as pointing this or that out.

The job is ultimately on the parents.

edit on 18-1-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

Again, they aren't teaching these young kids about sex. They are teaching them the difference between male and female bodies, what their parts are called, and what the media, friends, parents, etc. are doing to pressure young kids to act, think, and look a specific way.
That's it. Nothing else. I'm not quite sure what part of that you can't grasp, it's quite easy to understand, really.

Yes, it /should/ be the parents job, however look at how awfully parents are doing teaching their kids this stuff. Teenage pregnancy is running rampant, STD's and STI's are running wild as well in teens because they don't know what safe sex is.
One of my college mates was pregnant at 14. She's currently 23 with 3 kids and another on the way. My younger sister has a friend that has a 2 month old daughter and she just turned 16. I went to the same high school with the sister of a girl that just turned 18 and has a 3 year old daughter and a 6 month old son, with different fathers. The younger sister of an old friend of mine had a son at the age of 16. Those are just 4 examples of people I know personally that had kids before the age of 18.
I know of 4 kids at my sisters high school that have STD's from unsafe sex. There's a transgender girl at my sisters school as well that's bullied daily because other kids parents didn't teach their kids properly.
I also know of a boy, he's in his 20's now, that didn't learn a thing about anatomy, sex ed, safe sex, or even where children come from and how they're made until he was 16 in his sex ed class. All because his parents were "too ashamed to talk about such a "taboo and wrong" subject.

Yeah, parents are doing GREAT teaching their kids about sexual education nowadays.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

They won't be teaching kids about sex until they are about 12 - 13. Remember, (and the lot of you seem to be forgetting this) sexual education =/= teaching about sex.
They will be teaching younger kids, and I quote:

Recommendations for students by the time they reach age seven include that they "Use proper names for body parts, including male and female anatomy” and “[p]rovide examples of how friends, family, media, society and culture influence ways in which boys and girls think they should act.”

Starting in the third grade, and upon completion of the fifth – when most children are 10 years old – students should be able to “[d]efine sexual orientation as the romantic attraction of an individual to someone of the same gender or a different gender” and “Identify parents or other trusted adults of whom students can ask questions about sexual orientation.”

By completion of the eighth grade, the report says, students should be able to “[d]ifferentiate between gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation,” “[e]xplain the range of gender roles,” and “[d]efine emergency contraception and its use.”

I don't see anything in that that states they will be teaching kids younger than 8th grade (13-14 y.o.) anything about having sex. Even with those in 8th grade, the main focus seems to be gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and emergency contraception and it's use.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by xuenchen

Absolutely !

THIS is the job of the Parents .... NOBODY Else !

edit on Jan-18-2012 by xuenchen because:

What happens when the parents don't do their job?

thats simple. the kids grow up to vote democrat.

because just like their parents, they think the government and everyone else is more responsible for raising their children and running their lives.

ideas like this are simply liberal agenda being shoved down peoples throats. and if you dont think your 6 year old should be learning about abortions liberals label you as stupid and talk about how "this is like, the 21st century man, do whatever you want, nobody is responsible for themselves anymore, govt is here to save us all!"

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The thought of my 4 yr old learning about anything sexual
from anyone else but ME, makes me very uneasy.
She has asked how baby's are born and all
I tell her is that they grow in a mommys tummy
and a doctor helps to get them out when they are big
Enough. She was completely fine with that reply. She doesnt need any sort of visuals in
Her young, undeveloped mind. I mean yeah young pregnancy
Is a huge issue, but no way I cannot let my girl be exposed
To more than her brain can handle. Let kids be kids, please. Media makes it
Bad enough for em! Humans are sexual beings, they learn these things on
Their own. Proper guidance is necessary but I believe that is the parents job and
MAYBE a school program may help cover more of the basics, but not til around age 12.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Love1hope

Again, I quote:

Recommendations for students by the time they reach age seven include that they "Use proper names for body parts, including male and female anatomy” and “[p]rovide examples of how friends, family, media, society and culture influence ways in which boys and girls think they should act.”

NOTHING in that states they will be teaching these kids younger than 7 years old about anything other than the names of their parts, what makes boys different from girls, and how friends, family, media, society, and culture influence kids today to act, think, and look in a specific way.

Not sure what part of that you guys aren't understanding.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreshNugget
....yeah..

"the great whore gets her way"

Shame on usa. Shame on america, the greatest of whores. Shame on your ways.

This is not for the kids' benefits, we all know this deep down. It is for the mass amounts of twisted and perverted teachers who want to sexualized 4-10 year olds. This because they might be able to get away with it easier on younger, than older kids. [just say they're "make believing,' then feed them pills to "cure them" and teachers continue on..]

Ever wonder why the world looks at you guys like you're insane?
...Y'make me sick to the stomach ...

Sorry, the insane and perverted are you.
Because YOU imply something sexual as well as abuse and child molestation with something which is NOTHING ELSE than necessary sex education.

If you relate sex education with teachers who molest and abuse children, you are the one with a sick mind. Because a healthy person would not even come up with such an idea.
edit on 18-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Heck no!
This is nonsense.
At this time they should be learning basic manners and etc..not freaking sex.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Duceis

Since you wasted your first post on replying to this thread without really reading anything that's been said about what the ACTUAL proposition entails, I'll waste this post in asking you to at least TRY reading some of what the debate on a topic has gone through.

It might save you some embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well than its a good thing I wouldn't ever feel embarrassed
over something as insignificant as a post on a website.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

thats simple. the kids grow up to vote democrat.

because just like their parents, they think the government and everyone else is more responsible for raising their children and running their lives.

ideas like this are simply liberal agenda being shoved down peoples throats. and if you dont think your 6 year old should be learning about abortions liberals label you as stupid and talk about how "this is like, the 21st century man, do whatever you want, nobody is responsible for themselves anymore, govt is here to save us all!"

UNBELIEVABLE... people still think like this? I bet you grew up watching John Waynum, and your daddy cried tears of joy when Reagan got elected. I'll bet your into churchianity too and think we are doing gods will by bombing the world.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I have a GREAT idea!

Instead of teaching little Bobby and Jill about how to have wild passionate sex with each other, why not teach them how to balance a checkbook, write a complete sentence or that France is a country.

In case you hadn't noticed, Americans are as dumb as a box of rocks..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Being a survivor of sexual abuse many decades back gives me deep insight into this topic. I have also worked with other survivors, female and male...as well as combatting rape, incest and sexual abuse...

IMHO Children who have not been exploited sexually rarely have a "sexual orientation" in place by 4-12 yrs old. However, when you have the current 'tsar' of safe education(Peter Jennings) has promoted this liberal agenda to accommodate pedophiles...

Peter Jennings calls himself "...a flaming faggot..." and I have NO confidence in this character regarding children in general. Too many close affiliations with NAMBLA and as a survivor I find their promotion of sodomizing minors and child sex repugnant...

Maybe in this upside down reality, I am the weirdo, but considering the issues, I can take being denigrated for the children's sake. I am no longer a child...and I still have a voice, and the truth cannot be stopped...the greater some obstruct it, and try and deny the obvious agenda, the greater they indict themselves.

I have tutored many through the years...in jr high, HS and even college...too many lack grammatical abilities or general conversational skills, many lack basic math, and most are seriously lacking a scientific background of anything

yet, Jennings when 'appointed'by Barry proceeded to have a big sex "Ed" seminars for elementary school kids and older...

Offensive topics included:

Anal fisting
Man on man
Woman on woman
Man on woman
Etc.,.

Seriously?!?!?

so now when will they require certification in that

What will the licensing fees?

many Bostonians called into a radio show when a few of them decided to play the tapes of the "educational seminar" we're played on air...

Even homosexuals in the city called in complaining that it was too much...

A major case of cognitive dissonance exists

And the envelope is getting pushed further...

I cannot be silent about these criminal acts against the children...when the tsar and his minions found out about the outcry in Boston...they threatened to go after whomever had recorded it...

I can guarantee if most people are found showing or telling small children these kind of things from their car or house...they would be likely arrested IMHO

Insane

Failing to teach our children to read,write,and do arithmetics...anal fisting is now at the top of their list.

As if one needs a class to figure it out...it never was that elastic-but there is no accounting for another's interests.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join