It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Begin Sex Ed in Kindergarten, Says New ‘National Standards’ Report

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thats stupid, kids at that age don't have a sexuality or even understand it. Now if they did it in the 6th grade or whenever they do sex ed I wouldn't mind if schools said "Oh and gay people exist" or whatever but this is just silly and agenda pushing.

The problem with movements that push gay rights they never comprise and ease into it and sometimes pull sh*t thats unnecessary and more harmful to their cause.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by romanmel
I have a GREAT idea!

Instead of teaching little Bobby and Jill about how to have wild passionate sex with each other, why not teach them how to balance a checkbook, write a complete sentence or that France is a country.

In case you hadn't noticed, Americans are as dumb as a box of rocks..

I'm not sure how many times I have to quote this, but I'll keep doing it until people like you understand what they're REALLY doing:

Recommendations for students by the time they reach age seven include that they "Use proper names for body parts, including male and female anatomy” and “[p]rovide examples of how friends, family, media, society and culture influence ways in which boys and girls think they should act.”

Starting in the third grade, and upon completion of the fifth – when most children are 10 years old – students should be able to “[d]efine sexual orientation as the romantic attraction of an individual to someone of the same gender or a different gender” and “Identify parents or other trusted adults of whom students can ask questions about sexual orientation.”

By completion of the eighth grade, the report says, students should be able to “[d]ifferentiate between gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation,” “[e]xplain the range of gender roles,” and “[d]efine emergency contraception and its use.”

I ask you, where in all of what I just quoted does is say they are going to actually talk about sex to anyone younger than 8th graders (13 - 14)? Even to the 8th graders it's only about emergency contraception.
In YOUR sex ed class, did they teach anything about how to have "wild, passionate sex" with someone else? In mine, they taught us anatomy, safe sex precautions, and we had to watch a god awfully boring film about the growth of a human child in the womb.

OK

Now please tell me what the time line is on oh say balancing a check book or learning how to put together and understandable sentence?

Bottom line is this...Dogs know how to have sex and no one gave them sex ed. Schools are FAILING in ALL the basics needed to survive in life like reading, writing and math. Many HS grads today can barely talk in an understandable manner and some dweebs are concerned with crotch related matters?

That has nothing to do with the thread.
Not to be a mini-mod, but the topic is teaching sexual and sexuality education to younger children, not reading, writing, and math.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
Thats stupid, kids at that age don't have a sexuality or even understand it.

Actually, yes they do. I have a few personal homosexual friends and I've asked them when they noticed they were different than everyone else. They told me they knew since they were about 3 or 4 that they were different in the sense of sexuality.
You have your sexuality when you were born, always either hetero or homo, sometimes even both. Never changes throughout your life. Kids may not understand exactly what that means, but they do understand that they're different than heterosexuals if they are homosexual, or vice-versa.

From personal experience, my first boyfriend was when I was 5 years old. I understood completely what that meant and what boyfriends and sexuality were. I was curious about what made boys different from me, and I remember playing Doctor with some of my male friends.
I realized I was a girl and had girl parts when I was 3.

Kids are a lot smarter than a lot of people think.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by Mcupobob
Thats stupid, kids at that age don't have a sexuality or even understand it.

Actually, yes they do. I have a few personal homosexual friends and I've asked them when they noticed they were different than everyone else. They told me they knew since they were about 3 or 4 that they were different in the sense of sexuality.
You have your sexuality when you were born, always either hetero or homo, sometimes even both. Never changes throughout your life. Kids may not understand exactly what that means, but they do understand that they're different than heterosexuals if they are homosexual, or vice-versa.

From personal experience, my first boyfriend was when I was 5 years old. I understood completely what that meant and what boyfriends and sexuality were. I was curious about what made boys different from me, and I remember playing Doctor with some of my male friends.
I realized I was a girl and had girl parts when I was 3.

Kids are a lot smarter than a lot of people think.

This, exactly. I'm transgender, and I knew I was different so young it wasn't funny - I couldn't comprehend why at first, but I could never stand to be around most other kids. I talked to adults, mostly.

I mean, hell, I could read fluently by the time I was 4. Kids -aren't- stupid.. certainly not most. Very perceptive, very socially knowledgeable, at least instinctually - why do you think I stayed away from other kids as much as I could?

Also, for what it's worth, if there had been education that being GLBT is *okay* in Kindergarten, maybe people wouldn't be so hateful and I would actually have gotten some help by now. (I'm 17..) And wouldn't have to be scared of the wrong people finding out.
edit on 19-1-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yeah not to mention that some children start to get "familiar" with those parts at very very young age. God forbid someone should mention what that thing down there is named.
I'm abit troubled by the replies that are basically: Sex ed = bend over and take it. The only source for that image is in the imagination of the posters. In real world it's nothing like that. Giving body parts their proper names and stuff does not equate instant sex like some seem to imagine.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Parents Need the Final Decision

Not Strangers

Parents aren't the best teachers. Many of them teach improperly or not at all.

When my girlfriend was young (around 6 or 7) she was playing in a park with her brother and they noticed there was a man peeing. They peed outside all the time (they were kids, i did it too). Today she has realized the man was watching them and masturbating. When she was on the school bus in first grade a young boy of her age dropped his pants and showed her his penis.

Had my girlfriend been taught by then that what the old man was doing was wrong, she would have told someone and perhaps the sex offender would have been locked up for a bit? Had that young boy on the school bus been taught not to show his urinary tube to other people he wouldn't have been kicked out of public school and possibly changed his life for the worse because he didn't know he was doing something wrong.

If you want parents and parents only to teach their children about these things, then it HAS to be done properly (by the books with none of their opinionated BULLS***) and it HAS to be mandatory. If just one parent doesn't want to do that then it would be better for every child to be taught the same information from a TEACHER who TEACHES for a living.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Dystopiaphiliac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

Parents aren't the best teachers. Many of them teach improperly or not at all.

Teachers are not the best teachers either.

The failing systems is evidence.

When "teachers" are directed by governments and administrators to "teach" by specific guidelines and criteria for certain subjects, they are not really teachers anymore.

How many parents are considered "bad" teachers ?

The liberal and commie style agendas are the problem.

They are doing all this for big grant money. Not for "education".

Smart parents will re-educate their kids their own way anyway,
how do the "we know what's best for you" pseudo intellectuals stop THAT ?

The Majority of American Families ARE Successful

Thanks but NO Thank You !

If you want parents and parents only to teach their children about these things, then it HAS to be done properly (by the books with none of their opinionated BULLS***) and it HAS to be mandatory.

That sounds like a quote from Karl Marx himself !!

Thanks but NO Thank You !

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm a libertarian, and I think there should be sex-ed in schools.. so what if they want to start it in Kindergarten? By the time I was in first grade I had it figured out anyway, simply by turning on the Discovery channel and watching one of those animal programs.

I mean, come on, really? Karl Marx?

Frankly, I'd rather a school teach tolerance than a parent teach hate.
edit on 19-1-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

i am confused kidegardeners aren't even supposed to know what sex is. what good woud this do

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Aren't supposed to know? Oh do tell me some specifics. What part are they not supposed to know? Are they not supposed to know that they have genitelia? Are they not supposed to know about reproduction? Are they not supposed to know that girls excist and boys excist?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The failures of past and current "nationalized" programs are part of the problem.

No Child Left behind is one example.

So, what you are saying is that since it hasn't gone right in a while, we should just give up? Quit?
Are you a quitter?
Are you condoning quitting?
Do want the government to just give up and stop trying to improve anything, anywhere, at all?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

i am confused kidegardeners aren't even supposed to know what sex is. what good woud this do

What good would any knowledge about anything do?
Hey, let's just KEEP kids stupid! Yeah, that'll make everyone happy.

Now, what good would it do? Let's say the school crosswalk guard somehow slipped through the cracks in the system and wants your kid to walk over to his van for something. If your kid was educated about certain types of damaged people, and one of these sick people tried to do things with your kid, your kid would immediately know that what the sick person is doing is wrong, and your kid would also immediately know to tell about it.

What if this was your priest/pastor/reverend/sunday school teacher?

If your kid doesn't know, and the kid is ignorant, and the sick person has frequent contact encouraging continued contact with rewards and praise, then, your kid might LEARN from the sick broken person.

How would you like that?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

The failures of past and current "nationalized" programs are part of the problem.

No Child Left behind is one example.

So, what you are saying is that since it hasn't gone right in a while, we should just give up? Quit?
Are you a quitter?
Are you condoning quitting?
Do want the government to just give up and stop trying to improve anything, anywhere, at all?

Yes, quit the madness now. It's a classic planned failure.

It's too much money going to the ""intellectuals"" with failed results.

It's a scam for millions of dollars.

We have criminals with college degrees running the shows.

We have them concocting all these miracle programs that yield high profits for THEM with failed results for YOU.

Get the psychopaths out of the system and maybe we see results for the money.

The majority of Americans have no problem anyway !

How many teen pregnancies are connected to Ritalin and other amphetamine and psychotic drugs being given to children by the ""experts"" ?? How many teen mothers had "treatments" imposed on them by school "experts" ??

I bet those statistics are well hidden and suppressed.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think you and everyone else crabbing about this are insane.

Yea lets keep lying to our children and keep them ignorant as long as possible!!

When you read the article, it states that kindergarten age children should be able to tell the difference between sexual orientation. Whoopy! big deal! Where is the issue in this exactly?

The world exists as it is. It is probably a better idea to let people come to direct terms with it as soon as possible, over letting them live in a fairytale land of make believe and stories for years upon years. Doing this, I believe, helps foster a disconnect between reality, and a persons view of reality. Growing up I noticed a general trend. The kids who were sheltered from the real world didnt fair to well once they were unleashed upon it. They didnt learn how to deal with and live with real world implications because their parents always sheltered it from them in some misguided belief that once a person turns 18, they are magically transformed into a adult who is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves.

Check this out!
Growing up, both my parents were highschool science teachers. I knew the whole gist of the birds and the bees, in scientific terms, before I even entered school. Hell I was watching highschool grade science documentaries before I even entered kingergarten. I understand the concept of atoms, genes, and sexual reproduction before entering kindergarten to put this in perspective. And I like the think I turned out okay?

my point is, since when is informing people considered negative?

This all reminds me of a speech given by Timothy Leary. He said we should treat drugs the same way we treat fire. "Wether you like it or not, fire exists, its there, it can be very dangerous, but it can also be a very powerful tool.
We must educate our children as soon as possible that fire(any threat) exists, and how to use it properly and in what context otherwise our children will get burned."

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiggyfly
reply to post by rottensociety

What does this even mean?

Adults at 20 is early? I finished my undergrad at 20. The only things I couldn't do at 20 that were "adult" were drinking at the bar without a fake, and renting a car at the airport. Biologically, we're pretty much there at 20, and 18 year olds go and die for us. How is 20 any earlier than it has always been? I would argue that, due to the increased emphasis on college education, more students are becoming "adult" much later than before, when high school and then a decent job was possible. Next time you want to fear monger, shoot a little lower....like 15.

Number two: They're going to make the NWO, which will undoubtedly reduce the population by a large amount due to the environmental problems you allude to, by getting kids to reproduce earlier? How does that work? They're going to create sustainability by having MORE babies? Unless you think Soylent Green was a conditioning piece, you're completely off the mark there. If anything, the NWO would endorse a "one and done" strategy. Think more Gattaca, less Jerry Springer.

Please elaborate....how exactly does teaching what a friend is in Kindergarten, so that in 4th grade they can understand the difference between friend and partner, help the NWO again? I still can't see the connection. Also, what does that have to do with global warning, elderly euthanasia, and blaming you for all of it?

I feel like I'm my high school debate class, where the tactic for every resolution was to say that doing anything would result in WW3. Kids can't learn about sex because of Nuclear Holocaust, Famine, Religious Persecution, The Decline of the Euro, The Underground War With the Greys, and Barack Obama. Oh, and Death Panels. Death. Death again for emphasis. Oh the humanity....stop this now!

Am I doing it right?

I'm not "fear-mongering" at all. I'm saying what I have learnt and I absolutely believe it to be true. Yes, it is a frightening subject, but I don't think we should ignore it either.

By "adults at 20", I meant that 20 will be the height of maturity - which is 40-50 years old now.

With regards to your second point, I didn't say that kids will reproduce earlier as I think people won't be allowed to reproduce at will in the future. However, the sexual age will be reduced.

I think you underestimate what is happening. Just a couple of hours of thinking about where all this is leading to is all it takes.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I appreciate your advice, But.....

I will and have made my own decisions with great success Thank You very much.

Identifying the phonies is golden.

I feel more threatened by having the pseudo-intellectuals screw things up on a continuous cycle with high failure rates.

Your agenda is fine if you can get away with it.

As for me and my family ....

Thanks But No Thanks !!

edit on Jan-19-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You've already made statements that you have been quite diligent in screening through several proper private schools, and from what I gather are indeed having your children go to said private schools.

This proposal would not effect you. This is for public schools.

You are thus instigating and participating in a fight where you have no truck to weigh in.

Further, as opposed to attempting new systems, like the failed NCLB, why not instigate systems like Germany's with co-ed bathrooms that's been shown and proven to work? If not Germany, then, another established system run by another national government that has proven results. Russia might not have a whole lot about it that's overly stellar, but, their education system is actually quite astounding and successful.

I'm all for trashing the entire PUBLIC education system, and replacing the whole thing with something imported from somewhere else that's shown and proven to work.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

This proposal would not effect you. This is for public schools.

I pay taxes for public schools, so I am concerned.

And, the curriculums affect my neighborhood.

I would support something that makes sense and has QUALIFIED credentials, not pot-shot theories designed by gold diggers and people who live 1000's of miles away.

Everything in the U.S. has failed.

Each school board needs to have qualified people.

Most do not.

I'm all for trashing the entire PUBLIC education system, and replacing the whole thing with something imported from somewhere else that's shown and proven to work.

Sounds like a plan, but let's confirm the results.

Convince me and others.

And tie it in with Ritalin abuse and see how that affects the results.

The schools have too many double standards.

Drug abuse and criminal activity is the cause of many of the problems the ""experts"" are claiming to cure with general sex-ed.

I also think economic cycles affect teen pregnancies.

Perhaps this whole problem is economic related in some way.

Note: The private schools my kids went to had no sex-ed programs.
Although they were available as a secondary class at a different private institution.
Not many were enrolled.
And, with thousands of students over many years, there were no problems.
The parents had our own sessions among ourselves.
The parents did the teaching to their own kids.
No miracle workers.
99% of the kids became successful without any outside interference.
no drug problems, no sex problems.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jiggyfly

I would advocate telling until about 10 or 11. Then I think it becomes a situation where the parents have to step in and say that if going through the proper channels doesn't work, then you need to stand up for yourself.

That's basically what I was raised with. It's controversial in these PC times, but the cold, hard truth is that there are many times where a bully simply doesn't understand anything else. People will say that going down to the bully's level isn't worth it and that violence is never the answer. I believe that this attitude is, quite frankly, delusional.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
what they need to do is stop making sexual issues so taboo. I don't want my kids being told about things like that when they're in kindergarten, HOWEVER I don't approve of propagation of the "stork" myth.
A simple: The baby comes from mum's tummy, and the doctor removes it. is absolutely fine.
but "under a cabbage leaf" "the stork brought the baby" are all markers of a sexually repressed society. We are too afraid of sex to tell a child where a baby comes from. It is as simple as that,

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join