It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Captured By The Critics of Christ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It seems these days most atheists and non believers are so captured by the critics they don't even take the time to research what's being criticized. How many atheists have really read the scriptures of Yeshua with a open mind and a open heart? Its like atheists have strapped themselvs up in a box which they refuse to come out of so they will never find the truth which can only be found in Yeshua Hamashiach. Jesus said "And you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free".

How does one find the truth?

Many people are searching for truth in there lives but they never find it because they are looking for something else that isn't a person. The truth is truth can only be found in a person his name is Jesus Christ the living son of God. People may come to a point in there lives that they may think they have found the truth in some type of philosophy or religion, but they never have the feeling that they have the absolute truth, they are always searching for something and often change there minds about what truth is. This is there conscious yearning for the word of God and to know the Creator.

This is the difference with faith, faith does not change ether you have faith or you do not. With science all you have is theorys, and then the theorys change when different evidence is found. They never have something they can be actually be 100% sure will never change. This is the beauty of faith. Jesus is was and always will be and truth will never change. Jesus is absolute truth, Jesus is truth itself. Truth come's from God. The Holy Spirit both grants us knowledge of the truth and empowers us to tell the truth to others.

Everyone has been given the ability to know truth, but some people choose to suppress the truth due to there own Pride. Jesus said "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. Truth is not found in the principles and philosophies of man. Origin, purpose and destiny is not found in religion or science. The answer to mans questions are in JESUS CHRIST! He (Christ) is the path to absolute Truth, He (Christ) is the ONLY way to the ONLY true and living God.

Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Shouldn't post videos that throw out insults, especially when the consequences are apparently severe.

On the other hand, yes, I read it with an open mind. They say the fastest way to become an Atheist is to read the Bible.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

by Novastrike81
Shouldn't post videos that throw out insults, especially when the consequences are apparently severe. On the other hand, yes, I read it with an open mind. They say the fastest way to become an Atheist is to read the Bible.

In my case, it turned me pagan but to each their own

edit on 17-1-2012 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

They say the fastest way to become an Atheist is to read the Bible

Ouch...

I believe only athiests say that my friend...

Similar to "the fastest way to become Christian is to go to church"

Neither statement is entirely true...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There are no insults in the video, he is just discussing how ridiculous evolution is. You do not have to watch it since it will probably make you doubt some parts of your atheism. (It's hard to suppress truth when its staring you in the face).

I wonder what parts of the bible you read though, because I find it hard to believe people read Jesus' words then suddenly become atheists or pagans, there is no logic behind that. People who read the word ether reject it because of pride, or embrace it because of truth.

I have a hard time believing you have read it at all. Or if you did, you read it with a prideful heart and in a state of rebellion and are not willing to study it in its entirety with a humble heart. Anyone that does that will find the truth.

Matthew 7:14 - "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
edit on 17-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Thanks for the post.
As a fellow Christian and a member of the Christian Motorcyclist Association I think these two lines say it all:

God doesn't believe in atheists

Christ died on the cross for atheists too

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Totaly agree with you, I haven't always been a Christian and there was part of my life that I couldn't give a care in the world for the Bible or Jesus as I was living to please the flesh and not God. But I never had the attitude these guys have, I was just not interested at the time... It really does confuse me how atheists can be so hateful and bitter about something they know nothing about.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I have three questions for you Mr./miss/ misses o.p.

Do you worship 'Jesus'...

Do you know what the first commandment givin by moses was...

Do you believe everything you are told...

and by the way... how do you know that the things writen in the (second roman empires)bible are an accurate depiction of the man known as Jesus The Christ...
( I can provide evidence that suggest the bible was designed to convince citizens of rome, that tyrany is acceptable...)

I also would like a quotation form Jesus` own words, stating that he should be worshiped as his fathers equal... once you provide said quotations, I will bow down and worship the great and mighty christ, but untill i have evidence, that worshiping him, is in fact, non sinfull, I shall refrain from sharing your views...

I personally believe jesus was lgithworker, and great amn, but the idea, that declaring him a diety, is not a sin, just dont sit right with me... did god Not Say...

I am the lord your god, whom you will worship with all your heart, undivided...

( just saying) Im not an athiest, i dont condone athiesm, becuase it has the potential to invoke the original creators wrath...
but I do find christianity, a bit flawed... perhaps 'you' should read the claims made by so called critics, with an open mind, in place of telling others, to read the bible with an open mind...
Just saying...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Akragon

Totaly agree with you, I haven't always been a Christian and there was part of my life that I couldn't give a care in the world for the Bible or Jesus as I was living to please the flesh and not God. But I never had the attitude these guys have, I was just not interested at the time... It really does confuse me how atheists can be so hateful and bitter about something they know nothing about.

Athiests tend to have an issue with anyone knowing something they do not...

They willingly choose to disbelieve because of the "lack of evidence"... when all the "evidence" is right in front of them... Life is more then proof... yet they don't understand it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AwnAegisean

Sure I'll be happy to answer your questions before I go to bed for the night. Sorry if they are not as detailed as you'd like but I'll try my best.

Do you worship 'Jesus'...

Yes I worship Yeshua Ha'Mashiach (Jesus Christ) as the living son of God. Jesus is the only person that should be worshipped. Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Do you know what the first commandment givin by moses was.

I don't have them memorized but I believe the first one was: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

Do you believe everything you are told...

I guess by asking that question you are implying I'm brainwashed or something. =/
Well no that is not the case, I used to be an agnostic and came to faith in Jesus Christ about 4 months ago after searching for truth for over 2 years, I had an awakening and all roads led to Jesus as being the truth, I then became a Christian. No I am not a gullible person, hence I do not believe in evolution. I can see deception for what it is. I research everything that I believe and I have seen undeniable proof for Christianity, and yes it does take a step of faith, but when you take that step you do not regret it. The Bible has never failed me yet.

and by the way... how do you know that the things writen in the (second roman empires)bible are an accurate depiction of the man known as Jesus The Christ... ( I can provide evidence that suggest the bible was designed to convince citizens of rome, that tyrany is acceptable...)

Because there are over 5,686 Greek manuscripts in existence today for the New Testament. There are thousands more New Testament Greek manuscripts than any other ancient writing. The internal consistency of the New Testament documents is about 99.5% textually pure. That is an amazing accuracy. In addition there are over 19,000 copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000.

Almost all biblical scholars agree that the New Testament documents were all written before the close of the First Century. If Jesus was crucified in 30 A.D., then that means that the entire New Testament was completed within 70 years. This is important because it means there were plenty of people around when the New Testament documents were penned who could have contested the writings. In other words, those who wrote the documents knew that if they were inaccurate, plenty of people would have pointed it out. But, we have absolutely no ancient documents contemporary with the First Century that contest the New Testament texts.

Furthermore, another important aspect of this discussion is the fact that we have a fragment of the gospel of John that dates back to around 29 years from the original writing (John Rylands Papyri 125 A.D.). This is extremely close to the original writing date. This is simply unheard of in any other ancient writing and it demonstrates that the Gospel of John is a First Century document.

If the critics of the Bible dismiss the New Testament as reliable information, then they must also dismiss the reliability of the writings of Plato, Aristotle, Caesar, Homer, and the others. On the other hand, if the critics acknowledge the historicity and writings of those other individuals, then they must also retain the historicity and writings of the New Testament authors; after all, the evidence for the New Testament's reliability is far greater than the others. The Christian has substantially superior criteria for affirming the New Testament documents than he does for any other ancient writing. It is good evidence on which to base the trust in the reliability of the New Testament.

I also would like a quotation form Jesus` own words, stating that he should be worshiped as his fathers equal... once you provide said quotations, I will bow down and worship the great and mighty christ, but untill i have evidence, that worshiping him, is in fact, non sinfull, I shall refrain from sharing your views...

Sure there are plenty of quotes from Jesus about this, if you read the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John you will find plenty of them. Here's one that is pretty significant: John 5:23 - "That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him." So you see Christians do worship the Father, in spirit and truth. The Son is the Word of God made flesh. The Son (the Word of God) is light, truth, divine, eternal, and incorruptible. We worship the One God, in the Holy Spirit and in the truth of God's eternal Word (the Son).

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

There are no insults in the video, he is just discussing how ridiculous evolution is. You do not have to watch it since it will probably make you doubt some parts of your atheism. (It's hard to suppress truth when its staring you in the face).

Calling someone a fool isn't an insult? Whatever you say. I watched the first minute and it's obvious this man doesn't understand evolution at all.

Lets be clear, his argument is one big strawman.

First, the C-5 did evolve, not in a biological sense, but you can see the evolution of planes dating back from the beginning at Kitty Hawk up until now. Second, biological evolution is the change in allele frequency through successive generations. You are a product of evolution because you are genetically different than your ancestors.

I know it's hard to suppress reality when it's staring you in the face. It helps to read a book other than the Bible.

I wonder what parts of the bible you read though, because I find it hard to believe people read Jesus' words then suddenly become atheists or pagans, there is no logic behind that. People who read the word ether reject it because of pride, or embrace it because of truth.

I have a hard time believing you have read it at all. Or if you did, you read it with a prideful heart and in a state of rebellion and are not willing to study it in its entirety with a humble heart. Anyone that does that will find the truth.

How does a believer read it with a prideful heart? Are you aware there are different kinds of pride? I studied it for years. Thanks for presuming to have foreknowledge. Such arrogance.

I wonder if you've ever gone a day in your life without judging someone because they don't follow your logic, or lack-there-of. And I read it all, thanks for your concern.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AwnAegisean

but the idea, that declaring him a diety, is not a sin, just dont sit right with me... did god Not Say... I am the lord your god, whom you will worship with all your heart, undivided...

The Unpardonable Sin is Rejecting Jesus Christ as Your Savior.

When you die if you have deliberately rejected Jesus Christ you have committed an unpardonable sin... In other words, none of your sins can be forgiven apart from the precious blood of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 9:22). God is willing to forgive a person of ANY sin, except the sin of not coming to God the Father through the cross of Jesus Christ. Jesus stated in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." There is no salvation apart from God our Savior... "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour" (Isaiah 43:10,11). Also, this Scripture clearly reveals the deity of Jesus, i.e., that He is Almighty God.

( just saying) Im not an athiest, i dont condone athiesm, becuase it has the potential to invoke the original creators wrath...

If people have had the chance to seek truth but suppress it that is there prerogative and they will be without excuse on judgement day.

but I do find christianity, a bit flawed... perhaps 'you' should read the claims made by so called critics, with an open mind, in place of telling others, t

Anyone would find it "a bit flawed" without reading the gospels for them self or at-least hearing them. And I have listened to the critics and I find no convincing arguments that are authentic against Christianity. The reason I believe this is the case is because of the undeniable historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81

Calling someone a fool isn't an insult? Whatever you say. I watched the first minute and it's obvious this man doesn't understand evolution at all.

Actually that was God calling atheist's a fool. The man in the video was not calling anyone a fool but simply quoting scripture for the purposes of his teaching.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by roaland

by Novastrike81
Shouldn't post videos that throw out insults, especially when the consequences are apparently severe. On the other hand, yes, I read it with an open mind. They say the fastest way to become an Atheist is to read the Bible.

In my case, it turned me pagan but to each their own

Yeah, the study and research of the Christian religion made me a Wiccan through and through. Why put up with all of the BS and lip service? Why worship such a cruel God? And why worship a dead man? If I wished to give my worship to a dead man, I would give it to my Grandfather. I could actually see and touch him. Jesus has been dead and buried for some 2000 years, hasn't he?
Jesus and his family have been founded dead in their graves in Israel
So if his bones are found, how about that ascension thing? And does this not prove he died and was buried, and has been found and identified? Of course the Vatican is probably spending millions trying to cover this up.

The very first time I drew a magick circle, and began ritual, there stood the Goddess of Love. She is always with me, and sometimes, I can feel her, and smell her. My love and devotion to her is boundless.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think the catechism sums up what is needed to find God perfectly:

30 "Let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice."5 Although man can forget God or reject him, He never ceases to call every man to seek him, so as to find life and happiness. But this search for God demands of man every effort of intellect, a sound will, "an upright heart", as well as the witness of others who teach him to seek God.

It wasn't until I examined and remove hypocrisy from my heart that I was able to find God. The hypocrisy of pretending to be open-minded to evidence yet having presumptions about the nature of reality.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

what does this mean?

as well as the witness of others who teach him to seek God.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Other people who seek and find God who share their experiences.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Interesting... I like it!

ATS is similar wouldn't you say?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Statistics show that Atheists are more familiar with The Bible than believers. I realized that I didn't believe in every word of The Bible, when I read it and it seemed like a fantasy...

I see The Bible as a book of stories and metaphors teaching the 'rights and wrongs' of it's day. It still has some spiritual truths which are good for today, but that same information can be found through other books, religions, and through your very own intuition...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Let me help you a little as you say that you are a new believer. Here is some bible verses to explain something more clearly to you.

Mathew 12:32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Acts 5:11 Ananias and Sapphira
1 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.
3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”
5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.
7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”
“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”
9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”
10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

If you can understand that Ananias and his wife were well aware of the miracles and healings that Peter had been doing, then you can understand that they knew very well that he was filled with the Holy Spirit. What they did was lie to the Holy Spirit, this is the unforgiveable act. I believe in a very real way, a character like Robin Hood, who justified his sin, was lying to the Holy Spirit. If you know something is a sin but you accept the lie you have essentially nullified the word of God and the Holy Spirit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join