It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Captured By The Critics of Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Here is some more scripture that suggest a different interpretation than the modern church.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Romans 2:14-15 14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

Colossians 1 24:27 24 26 This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. 27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

Galatians 1:15-1615 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.

John15 1-8 1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

Take a closer look at these verses, the Gentiles proved the law, the word of God was written on their hearts. The secret for the centuries was the word, who became Jesus was with all. Paul says that God revealed the Son in him. Meaning the son was revealed as being in him since he was in his mother’s womb, before he accepted Jesus as the Messiah.

You were born with the word on your heart. Christ is the word that became flesh. You were born with Christ and he has always lived in you. If you have not felt this it is because you have not remained in him, for he remains in you. He forgave you before you were created, and he chooses to live in you. He was always there, when you were hurt he was hurt. When you choose not to remain in him, he wept for you to come back. He came in flesh, sacrificed himself to prove to you that he loved you and guarantees your resurrection. But you must remain in him and bear fruit, or the father may cut you off.

Most Christians are teaching in a way that contradicts these verses, there contradictions cause judgment. They go around telling non Christians that they are going to hell. That is not the message of Christ. The message of Christ is anyone who proves they follow the law of love proves that the word, Jesus, is in them.

If you can understand this, you can finally end the separation, judgment and hate. Because realizing the loving unbeliever has Christ in him should make you shower him with love and compassion compelling him to come to the truth. That is Christ in him.

You see there is nothing to judge, nothing to convert to, one only has to accept the truth that the word, which is love, which is also Jesus, lives in them.

Once someone accepts the word as the truth and truly repents, which is done by committing to follow Christ by doing the will of the father, making every attempt to separate themselves from sin, they should receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit. But they were born with the word, which is Jesus.
edit on 18-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I don't like religion because it's tyrannical in nature.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Then you will love Jesus.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I do not disagree with you, although I do firmly believe Hell is a real literal place but it should not be for a Christian to tell others they are going to hell, only God can know a mans heart, but we can tell them the truth and spread the gospel it is important people know about the reality of hell.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Don't you think you are brainwashed? Why do you believe in that religion instead of another?
If your religion said that there was an amusement park in the after-life, you would just believe it? Aren't you disgusted by a cruel god who wouldn't hesitate to make you suffer again and again, for eternity? What makes you believe that hell is a real thing? Don't you see that 'good' and 'evil' are subjective matters? Don't you see that hell is just the ultimate fears of the human brain, and heaven the ultimate hope? Don't you see the blatant anthropomorphism/anthropotheism in your religion? Do you believe the universe has been created only for mankind and that all animals and vegetation exists only to serve man? Really?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes sir/ma'am!

I freely share my stigmata experience with those who I can, because it was other people's witness of God that moved me to try.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I think I already addressed the "brainwashed" question: in this post

There is nothing brainwashed about acknowledging your Creator and showing thanks. However I would question those who believe in evolution as to if they are brainwashed. I have observed society and it would seem atheists are really the ones "brainwashed" by the tentacles of secularism in modern culture. For example here in the UK we are continually subjected to the theory of evolution through state TV, kids are growing up and believing this as fact.

edit on 18-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

whatever you say about evolution, it is the best answer we have today, and if you want scientists to give you a specimen of EVERY intermediary species that has existed, it's not gonna happen. No one has seen the earth going around the sun and doing a full revolution with his own eyes, but would you oppose the fact that the earth goes around the sun ?

Anyway, there's a full batch of other questions that i would like you to answer, if you dare to test your faith.

Why do you believe in that religion instead of another?
If your religion said that there was an amusement park in the after-life, you would just believe it? Aren't you disgusted by a cruel god who wouldn't hesitate to make you suffer again and again, for eternity? What makes you believe that hell is a real thing? Don't you see that 'good' and 'evil' are subjective matters? Don't you see that hell is just the ultimate fears of the human brain, and heaven the ultimate hope? Don't you see the blatant anthropomorphism/anthropotheism in your religion? Do you believe the universe has been created only for mankind and that all animals and vegetation exists only to serve man? Really?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

I decline to answer your antagonistic questions as I do not believe you are asking them out of sincerity. If you believe in evolution you have deceived your self. And I am not apart of any religion, in-fact I hate religion. My advice would be if you really want to know the truth, get rid of all your presuppositions about how God is evil and this and that and try reading the bible.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

I do not disagree with you, although I do firmly believe Hell is a real literal place but it should not be for a Christian to tell others they are going to hell, only God can know a mans heart, but we can tell them the truth and spread the gospel it is important people know about the reality of hell.

Yes but there is no separation, meaning the reality is there is no Muslim, Jew, Pagan, Gentile, Hindu. There are only those who live by the law of love and those who do not. A Muslim is not going to hell for not believing that Jesus was the son of God. The Muslim will only go to hell if he remains an unrepentant sinner. But even the Christian will go to hell if he is an unrepentant sinner.

The advantage to being Christian is great. By being a Christian I know the truth. By believing in, not by words but by my actions, the Father and the Son, I have received the greatest gift one could ever receive. I have been given the gift of Grace and salvation. Our brothers that do not believe in Jesus simply cannot have this knowledge. They are on the outside looking in, and do not know God’s love.

But there are many unrepentant Christians who don’t know Grace and God’s love, who even though they say they believe their actions prove they do not. You see if I say I believe that I should be a vegetarian but continue to eat meat, how can anyone know I believe what I say. If I say I believe in Christ but then do not do what he says, how can anyone know I believe? Belief is something that you prove by actions. Even the demons believe that Jesus is the son of God, do they have salvation? It is by acts that you prove you believe, but it is by Grace that you are saved.

Being saved by Grace is God’s way of telling you I see that you are trying to follow my son, I acknowledge that you can never pay off your dept so I forgive you your dept. Now with a clear mind follow my son.

This is why we need to pour out love on the unbeliever, so they can see that we possess a knowledge that they do not. It is absolutely vital that everyone comes to the son not because they will go to hell if they don’t but because I want everyone to know Grace and salvation the way I do.

So yes we should share that anyone who is an unrepentant sinner will go to hell, because this is the truth. But we should not say that anyone who speaks against the son of God will go to hell. Jesus clearly refutes this himself. When he says anyone who speaks against the son of man will be forgiven.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gosseyn

Do you believe the universe has been created only for mankind and that all animals and vegetation exists only to serve man? Really?

Yep, kind of blows me away. It is the universe and everything that you see that proves that God is real. Even if you believe in Evolution, which has no foundation.

Evolution does not solve origins. Even a single cell is so complex that it proves creation. The sheer number of stars in the Galaxy and the number of Galaxy’s in the universe, and the many visible facts that cannot be explained, and actually refute the possibility of the big bang, is proof of God.

Proof of God is everywhere. But because you are afraid of God you have chosen to reject him. If you knew God you would know that you fear him because he loves you. If you would allow yourself to have a relationship with him he would prove to you that he loves you by Grace and the assurance that you have salvation.

Or you can refuse God and live with the fear of death your whole life, because you have not believed in what is obvious. Honestly the choice is yours. It is in your heart that you know that you should not harm others and be an unrepentant bad person. So I say follow the message that is in your heart. But that it would be better for you if you accepted that the word on your heart is Christ Jesus.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

An open mind and an open heart? Atheists? Buahahaha
They can't hear him bro they weren't meant to.

Ephesians 1:5 In love having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ unto Himself

Ephesians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

Romans 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Romans 8:30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
edit on 18-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

An open mind and an open heart? Atheists? Buahahaha
They can't hear him bro they weren't meant to.

Ephesians 1:5 In love having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ unto Himself

Lonewolf you are correct about predestination, but your scope of predestination is too narrow. The way you believe you are forced to reconcile with yourself that a man like Gandhi went to hell, because he read the bible but remained a Hindu. This is judgment, weather you speak it or not you have judged with your heart. And you have judged a good man to hell. You have nullified the command of God; do not judge, by following the logic of men.

1 John 4:16-18 God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. 17 This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:4-6 4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Do you understand the message to the new believers? The message was simple those who live by the law of love prove they have Christ in them. ANYONE who loves is predestined; it is our job to lead them to Christ not our job to judge them.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Romans 2:14-15 14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.

Colossians 1 24:27 24 26 This message was kept secret for centuries and generations past, but now it has been revealed to God’s people. 27 For God wanted them to know that the riches and glory of Christ are for you Gentiles, too. And this is the secret: Christ lives in you. This gives you assurance of sharing his glory.

Galatians 1:15-1615 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.

Take a closer look at these verses, the Gentiles proved the law, the word of God was written on their hearts.

The secret for the centuries was the word, who became Jesus was with all. Paul says that God revealed the Son in him. Meaning the son was revealed as being in him since he was in his mother’s womb, before he accepted Jesus as the Messiah.

You were born with the word on your heart. Christ is the word that became flesh. You were born with Christ and he has always lived in you. If you have not felt this it is because you have not remained in him, for he remains in you. He forgave you before you were created, and he chooses to live in you. He was always there, when you were hurt he was hurt. When you choose not to remain in him, he wept for you to come back. He came in flesh, sacrificed himself to prove to you that he loved you and guarantees your resurrection. But you must remain in him and bear fruit, or the father may cut you off.

Most Christians are teaching in a way that contradicts these verses, there contradictions cause judgment. They go around telling non Christians that they are going to hell. That is not the message of Christ. The message of Christ is anyone who proves they follow the law of love proves that the word, Jesus, is in them.

If you can understand this, you can finally end the separation, judgment and hate. Because realizing the loving unbeliever has Christ in him should make you shower him with love and compassion compelling him to come to the truth. That is Christ in him.

You see there is nothing to judge, nothing to convert to, one only has to accept the truth that the word, which is love, which is also Jesus, lives in them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Having love does not mean you have Christ in you. People loved long before he showed up, but they had other gods or had none at all. Where are they? Doesn't matter if Ghandi was a good man or not he was Hindu and hindi have alot of other gods they worship, having good works doesn't automatically enroll you in heaven. You can read the bible till youre blue in the face and your eyes pop out, reading the bible doesnt get you into heaven. Being a member of a church doesn't get you into heaven, you can sit on the front pew and still end up in hell. The prime edict of christianity is to what? Have faith in Jesus, believe in him and do your works through him. You got it backwards bro, its not faith through works its works through faith, faith in him and by your faith in him your works shall be made manifest. I have not judged anyone, youre accusing me of judging when all i have done is state the truth and what is biblical. If anything what is written has judged them and to that you can lay at the feet of God.

As the saying goes "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
edit on 18-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So yes we should share that anyone who is an unrepentant sinner will go to hell, because this is the truth. But we should not say that anyone who speaks against the son of God will go to hell. Jesus clearly refutes this himself. When he says anyone who speaks against the son of man will be forgiven.

Yes I think you summarized it nicely. The only way one can have salvation is through the son the Christ through faith, but many choose to reject him and by doing so they turn down the free gift of salvation that he gave humanity when he died on the cross for us. They look for alternatives and to try and make up there own salvation, this is the problem with religion today. We do not need religion, we need Jesus. And I'm not saying people shouldn't attend church, fellowship with fellow brothers and sister in Christ is a good thing. What I am saying is going to church or taking communion does not make you saved.

Off-topic Question: Are you a protestant?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by gosseyn

I decline to answer your antagonistic questions as I do not believe you are asking them out of sincerity. If you believe in evolution you have deceived your self. And I am not apart of any religion, in-fact I hate religion. My advice would be if you really want to know the truth, get rid of all your presuppositions about how God is evil and this and that and try reading the bible.

You prefer consensual discussion with nothing at stake? The questions I ask are the reason why I am an agnostic. And your answer is "read the bible"? Why do you even post here? The moto of ATS is "deny ignorance". I see plenty of ignorance in your posts, so i couldn't resist offering you a little challenge. But you are so comfortable with your fairy tales that you are scared to take the challenge..

I say "good" and "evil" are subjective matters, what do you have to say to that ? Do you agree ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The sheer number of stars in the Galaxy and the number of Galaxy’s in the universe, and the many visible facts that cannot be explained, and actually refute the possibility of the big bang,

This statement makes no sense...

How does that refute the big bang theory?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Watch the first 20 min of this video if you want to know why I make that statement. After that the once athiests now cretaionist proffesor Walter Veith talks about Evolution verse Creation.

www.youtube.com...

If you would like to know more about Walter Veith and his credentials you can check here.

walterveith.org...

I highly recommend watching the entire hour and 20 min. Especially for those who believe in the bible or those that are not afraid of the truth. He does a great job logically debunking every scientific theory on the age of the universe and evolution.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

No, Jesus was a tyrant.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

No, Jesus was a tyrant.

you are incorrect sir...

new topics

top topics