It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army Standing in our midst.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
And we let them.

The police force of today would by the founding fathers have been considered a standing army* and who are they Standing against? Look in the mirror if you are not in a blue uniform then you are their enemy.

The Constitution prohibits a standing army- even though the government changes it's name to "Police, DHS, ATF. etc, etc.."
“No State shall, without the Consent of Congress … keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace…” The modern idea that armed(Guns, tazers, pepper spray and an unlimited amount of backup- think these guys aren't spoiling for a fight?), armored, cops stalk among a disarmed or, at best, minimally armed populace would have sickened the Founders. If they had imagined it they would have immediately abolish both police forces and the laws stripping citizens of their right to defend themselves, or, as the State puts it, to “resist arrest.” and that can be as slight as looking them in the eye.

The Founding Fathers feared a standing army. Police forces as we know them did not curse the world until after the civil war but the FF would have seen it for what it had the potential to become, The FF dealt with British Army units patrolled such restless cities as Boston in the late 1760’s. Among their duties were two that remain pillars of policing today 1- stealing for the State (the Redcoats infesting Boston sniffed out smuggled – ie, untaxed – goods, just as cops today issue traffic tickets and other citations) and quelling resistance by arresting troublemakers and if you are informed enough to know your rights or even worse inform others of what their rights are. then you are just such a troublemaker.

Remember this oath? You have heard it enough even if you haven't taken it yourself.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

The police force (Standing army) is a domestic enemy and as a threat to public safety they far, far, far exceed the likes of Tim McVey, the Unibomber etc.
You know why the police force doesn't keep or publish the number of people wounded or killed by interactions with the police? Because the numbers are so damned high!

Here is what others had to say about standing armies.

When a government wishes to deprive its citizens of freedom, and reduce them to slavery, it generally makes use of a standing army." – Luther Martin,

"The objections which have been brought against a standing army, ... may also at last be brought against a standing government. The standing army is only an arm of the standing government. The government itself, which is only the mode which the people have chosen to execute their will, is equally liable to be abused and perverted before the people can act through it."H.D. Thoreau

To hammer my point home if the police were not patterned after an army then why do they adopt military rank? Sargent Lieutenant, Captain, Trooper?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Because Police Departments are para-military organizations with defined rank structure. military- resembling discipline, a table of organization, limited span of control, and unity of command. Military style organization is very effective way to manage organizations and departments.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
not to mention that most Police officers are prior military
edit on 17-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Police brutality is almost a daily occurance. Let the people govern themselves i say. Dont tell me i can go to jail for defending myself. Total waste of tax dollars.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Be my guest.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Police brutality is almost a daily occurance. Let the people govern themselves i say. Dont tell me i can go to jail for defending myself. Total waste of tax dollars.

People will not step up to the self government plate simply because somebody or some group "let" them govern themselves. It is, in my sincerest beliefs, humanities destiny to achieve self government, but such a state will be taken not granted.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

We get your point but what can a police force of 100 do to a hundred thousand just for an example? Many police will take off their uniforms and join us when push comes to shove. The cops today for the most part are grown up nerds who got picked on in school and now have a power trip, feeding off each other to look cool amongst coworkers.

I for one have had my run ins with these crooked cops and one time it took everything I had to not pull out his gun off his waist and beat the crap out of him, the lying scum. Saying I rolled through a stop sign when I stopped and looked right at him being all sneaky hiding behind a convenient store 30 feet away, I just shook my head and drove away after looking both ways. Then he pulls me over. Little did he know my current boss at the time was the former sheriff and the current one got an ass chewing right in-front of me.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
not to mention that most Police officers are prior military
edit on 17-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: (no reason given)

Normally not for long anymore because they see the corruption and leave. I have friends in the local police forces in the area and they are toughing it out just for the benefits and pension but hate the crap that goes on.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

We get your point but what can a police force of 100 do to a hundred thousand just for an example?

Quite a bit if the 100,000 is unarmed and conditioned not to stand up to injustice.
edit on 17-1-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Trust me, a self government will end in Chaos. Our government may not be that perfect but at least it hinders someone from killing because he wants to ram the # out of somebody else's wife.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
Trust me, a self government will end in Chaos. Our government may not be that perfect but at least it hinders someone from killing because he wants to ram the # out of somebody else's wife.

As much as i dislike the current state of affairs and am an advocate of anarchism, i have to agree with that statement. In our current state of affairs, there would be chaos, simply because a large number of people would take advantage of having no "law." Would things eventually even out, who knows.

That said, S&F for the OP. It actually made me think...and agree, 'cause i have never really considered it as such, even in all of my "police state" comparisons.

Now, i am curious as to the amount of current uniformed police officers in the US compared to the current number of active duty and reserve military. I bet i can guess which is higher, and i bet it's not the military.

And that is scary, when the true threat is considered citizens.

Th paramilitary police force could very well be considered a standing army, now that the OP makes such a good point, although it's arguable not to secure the country from outside invaders but from those within. However, i have no doubt that the police force would turn against armed invaders if it came to that (and wold also turn against internal "invaders/citizens"). What wold happen in the event of a true invasion? Cops and citizens fighting alongside one another?
edit on 17-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

you are essentially correct
the police are just another version of "the king's men"

the whole idea behind the establishment of our current police system was along the line
that they would be accountable, because people were getting fed up with their abuses.
what actually happened is that they became the mayors men

don't forget folks giuliani refers to the NYPD [new yorks lowest] as "his army"

history does not repeat itself, but sometimes it rhymes

and to the fearful person who drank the kool aid and equates anarchy with chaos

get a big dog, a gun, grow a pair, and take responsibility for your life

and to my fellow anarchist; currently backsliding:
there can be deliberation and judgement even in anarchy
the Jews proved that, by being anarchists for 400 YEARS after the death of Moses.

and that's the real reason "everybody[actually TCOTBIP] hates the jews"

top topics

join