It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iranian's view on the whole situation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It amazes me how many iranian apologists and iranian government agents have appeared on this site in the past few months. It's like a flock of pigeons or a gaggle of geese or an army of ants or an infestation of termites ...
Alright so now I'm a Iranian government agent, or infestation of termites just because my views aren't Pro-Zionist/NATO. I'm an undergraduate university student in Canada, and I already said I don't support any government or regime

It amazes me how you can try to spin the government of Iran as being something benevolent, when it's not.
I never said the Iranian regime is benevolent, if you can READ the OP:

Originally posted by seenavv
And now we've ended up with a religious theocracy that is practically just as bad as the people they originally sought to eradicate from our country... our best attempt at making things right was foiled by the CIA in 1953. Thanks America

All I'm trying to point out is the propaganda sources your perpetrating as fact. If theres any sources I don't trust for sure, its US government sources because they straight up lied about 911, WMD, and the rest they don't talk about on their whored out MSM

It amazes me how I can post information from many different sources and yet the apologists for Iran refuse to acknowledge the truth of them. Reports from El-Arabya or Amnesty International are suddenly 'cia'. :shk:
the amount of sources you post doesn't make them better sources

Iran - state sponsored terrorism - Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad

Iran has consistently been described by the United States as the world's foremost state sponsor of terrorism......According to Michael Scheuer, former CIA officer

Iran Most Active Sponsor of Terrorism In The World

Iran remains the "most active state sponsor of terrorism" in the world, a report by the US state department says.

Arab News - Irans international terrorism threatens 'The Kingdom'

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton accused Iran on Tuesday of sponsoring terrorism the world over, including in the Kingdom.

Iranian Involvement in Syria

As violence has mounted in Syria, US. officials say there is growing evidence that Iran, which has long considered Syria almost a satellite state, is stepping up its efforts to influence what is happening inside the country.

english.alarabiya.net...

www.irantracker.org...

what does Iran - Syria ties even have to do with instigating war or meddling with foreign countries? Purely guilt by association

If you want to demonize whats going on in Syria look no further then American MSM slandering and censoring Ron Paul, and what happened between non-violent protesters and police during the Occupy Protests...

YOU SAID THIS -

That's EXACTLY what Iran does all around the world.
Your statement turned around and bit you in the backend ...

I don't retract my statement, you've still yet to provide any viable evidence of terrorism committed by the Iranian regime in foreign countries. And keep in mind my statement does not exclude addressing the root causes of certain global issues

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

We steal nothing.

We liberate.

Make free.

Someday you may be free from oppression..

If you lucky.

Ah, the hymn of the invader... hasn't changed in centuries.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

you've still yet to provide any viable evidence of terrorism committed by the Iranian regime in foreign countries.

Already provided plenty of it. However, because you are on a pro-Iran-no-matter-what rage, nothing will be good enough for you and you won't believe it anyways. Iran is no better than any other country .. having it's nose in everyone else's business and engaging in shadow tactics around the world. I know that conflicts with ya'lls version of Iran ... all rainbows and unicorns and fairy-folk who sing and dance through the tulips calling for peace ... but it's a fact. The sources I gave are fine. Good luck in never-never land.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

you've still yet to provide any viable evidence of terrorism committed by the Iranian regime in foreign countries.

Already provided plenty of it. However, because you are on a pro-Iran-no-matter-what rage, nothing will be good enough for you and you won't believe it anyways. Iran is no better than any other country .. having it's nose in everyone else's business and engaging in shadow tactics around the world. I know that conflicts with ya'lls version of Iran ... all rainbows and unicorns and fairy-folk who sing and dance through the tulips calling for peace ... but it's a fact. The sources I gave are fine. Good luck in never-never land.
Once again you accuse me of being Pro-Iran. I'm not pro-government/regime/establishment, I'm pro people (not 100% democracy, but republicanism) and people voted for Mossadegh in 1953 but the American establishment obviously doesn't give a # about freedom so the ends justify the means for them...

If your sources were fine they would have acknowledged what really happened on 911. And even if they didn't acknowledge it, at the very least they did not have to use it as pre-text for a war on terror with unlimited funding, no real enemy, and no end in sight
edit on 17-1-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great post OP, not many people in America have the capability of seeing things from both sides of the fence. Logic is an enemy, and truth is a menace.

Pro Iran-War supporters are always flaunting that clip of Iranians chanting death to America. Your thread might enlighten some as to why some might have felt that way and still do today, because of our long lasting meddling affairs there.

Meanwhile I happened to catch a Republican debate last night with a bloodthirsty audience applauding the notion of going abroad and killing our enemies wherever they may be, while booing the very prospect of peace. Pot calling the kettle black, right? S&F for your attempts at wiping ignorance off the face of ATS.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

sry , deleted a mad post reply

cooler head hit the delete button
edit on 17-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
One more thing, unless you are a servicemember who is trained and lined up ready to go to fight them, for whatever reasons you think might be legitimate, your opinion is an empty one to me, an arm chair warrior who's life won't be in jeopardy when there will be, and believe me there will be, great consequences for such an action - You're just in it for the entertainment value, not fooling anyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

2. But, but Ahmadinejad is a bad bad man! I don't want that fool in control of a nuclear weapon especially after he said he wants to wipe Israel off the map!

Ahmadinejad is no saint, far from it, but he never made such a statement. Most Iranians despise him greatly and think he is a puppet mouthpiece. But to deliberately misconstrue statements made by him and use it for war propaganda doesn't make him any more evil then you think he is

To quote his exact words in Farsi:

Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

I will tell you from my personal understanding of Farsi the word "map" does DOES NOT EVEN EXIST in this famous, misinterpreted statement

Direct, literal, Non-Zionist translation:

The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time

You are arguing semantics.

Wiped off the map, vanish from the page of time.

Same meaning, same implication.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am hesitant about posting on this thread but my gut tells me to do so.
Very good thread and good logic, I am sure we all know the war drums beat daily now and it is all about oil (my opinion).
There have been numerous threads on this topic and I think most of them have a common theme, that is the media is trumping up the garbage and most of us know it.

I am neither pro Iranian nor pro American nor pro Syrian but I wonder just when will all this war end?
I believe that this time is going to be a real war as in the invaders are going to be seriously challenged by some major forces.

All you have to do is look at a map of the middle east and just see where the US has been an aggressor in the past 20 years.
This one cannot go nuke because it would spoil the riches (oil) and I believe that this is the one where a certain aggressor is going to be handed their ass back in no uncertain terms.

I disagreed with Canada being in Afghanistan and what do you know? We pulled out with only thousands dead and maimed and a national debt that just soared to the roof.
Now we need a fleet of F35's for christ sake why? To protect our fishing grounds?

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What a wonderful and enlightening thread you have made, I must congratulate you from the bottom of my Heart.

I have one thing to ask of you! Keep posting the truth, people will listen if presented by someone like yourself.

It is evident that even half the people on ATS , who claim they are awake, are sadly still very much asheep,
I mean asleep.

You mention the brainwashing,people on here are still banging the patriotic drum.
What chance does the ordinary man on the street have, who knows nothing other than the news paper he reads with his morning coffee. The news paper that spouts the same old drivel.

People, listen to this man, listen for all your worth,listen and think about your child, your mother, your sister, all the people you love.
Iranians and all other peoples have family just like you. Bridge the gap, see what is staring you in the face.
We are all brothers and sisters.
Our governments have corrupted themselves and are trying to corrupt you. War is not going to help anyone.
It only brings death and misery to everyone who is involved.
A global war will leave none untouched. The chance we have been given here is to stop this war. If we do that, I believe everyting will be better. Israel will not have won, they will not have pushed the US into war. The truth of our era will unfold. It is time for all of us to shoulder our responsabilities to each other.

Deny the ultimate Ignorance of war.
No war in our time.

Rigel4

Rigel4

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Why do they need nuklear power. How about some wind technologies.

Wind is an expensive and interminent energy source that cannot supply the needs of a modern economy. Nuclear can. I have no love for crazy Iranian leadership and their nuclear industry needs to be closely monitored, but we have no moral right to interfere in Iranian ambitions to build nuclear power plants as an alternative for oil.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great post

Thanks for taking the time to present your feelings on this.

I was around in the fifties and remember what my country did to Iran. I remember the brutality that came to the people from the Shah this country backed.

I remember when the Shah was flown into New York by our government to try and save his life.

I also remember the behind the scenes manipulation of Hussein by Rumsfeld and Cheney under Reagan, to get the war going against Iran. All this to have control over that part of the world and its resources.

War is not the answer, and if the governments want to push for it, the people have to stand up and demand it doesn't happen. It is a shame so many in this country still refuse to deny history and to deny Ignorance.

It will take brave hearts like yourself and many more to try to shine the light so people can see the truth, even if it is only one person at a time.

There is still hope!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Star & Flag for you! Finally someone with common sense on the whole Iran issue.

The USA needs to butt out of everyone else's affairs, we already have enough on our plate with a atrociously large debt to worry about among other more pressing DOMESTIC ISSUES. I don't see why our Government is making such a big deal over something so trivial. They want Nuclear power, big whoop, why do we have to go start another war in the mideast and make everyone around the world hate us even more? Oh yeah that's right, our Government is run by a bunch of Oil, Money, & Power crazed loonies who care only about themselves and staying in their seat of power...

I love this country, I hate our Government.

Here's to hoping it's not too late to get these idiots out of office...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

reply to post by n00bUK

There we go screaming about stealing resources.

Like IRaq and KOSOVO and the like.

Doubt it pal.

We steal nothing.

We liberate.

Make free.

If you lucky.

I'm more concerned about people like this guy having WMD's than those chanting death to Israel/US.

"We liberate" "Make free" I very much doubt anyone in Iraq will agree with those statements.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
how can some of you be so narrow minded...

(yes im pointing AGAIN at the americans)

imagine just having finished school..
you are on your way home with your best friend..
suddenly he gets torn apart by some predator drone...what would happen to you?
my guess is becoming radical.....driven by hate and revenge..and why wouldnt you..its perfectly normal..i would do it...

so it is basically like this for every citizen killed you create at least ONE more radical..

..viscious cycle

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Then why did they change to the new nose cones on their Shihab-3 missile that are meant for a nuclear weapon, and why did Russia severely warn Iran after doing so?

Why have they started enriching Uranium in an underground bunker that they will not let the IAEA inspect?

Iran has a lot of blood on its hands and American blood at that. You can make all the excuses you want but Iran is building a bomb and they are stupid enough to use it in a first strike against Israel. Rational thinking is the Iranian leaders strong suit.

If I were the leader of Iran I would invite the President of the U.S. and the head of the U.N. to come to Iran and inspect every site they want if it meant peace and decent relations. Iran has not and wont do this because they are building a bomb.

You telling me we can negotiate with the Russians on nuclear weapons but Iran has no obligation to talk as Obama gave Iran the option?

Hell, the deal was that the Russians supplied the Uranium and they would stop enriching it. Did they? NO!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

EXCELLENT, THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

You want ISREAL wiped off the map well we shall all be wiped off the map someday as we are the poison that is inhabiting and destroying this earth buy our drilling deep into the earth crust and sucking all the oil out.

Nice reading comprehension there. I think he addressed that point in his OP and I am pretty sure no where did the OP want Israel to be "wiped off the map".

The guy is totally blind to any other view than that of his beloved true US.
2nd line

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

.... Iran is guilty of instigating war all around the world.

I agree, Iran is very probably guilty as charged. But they aren't " instigating war" with us here in America.

Simply put, this isn't our problem, and it's certainly not our fight. As near as I can tell, the only reason Obama is talking tough and taking a lead on the Iran situation is to prevent Israel from attacking them.

A noble gesture for sure, except if it means that America has to go to war to prevent Israel from going to war. Which of course makes as much sense as installing screens on submarines.

India has nuclear weapons, as does Pakistan, Russia, Israel and China. All Iranian neighbors. If they feel they need nuclear weapons to be safe in their neighborhood, who the hell are we, or Israel to tell them they can't have them???

edit on 17-1-2012 by averageGuy505 because:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

There we go screaming about stealing resources.

Like IRaq and KOSOVO and the like.

Doubt it pal.

We steal nothing.

We liberate.

Make free.

If you lucky.

Your posts on this thread remind me of this person.

That's you ^

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join