Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

An Iranian's view on the whole situation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Do you deny Iran hangs gays in the streets with the permission of the government? And do you also deny your president famously and proudly announcing to the world that there are "no gays in Iran"?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Do you deny Iran hangs gays in the streets with the permission of the government? And do you also deny your president famously and proudly announcing to the world that there are "no gays in Iran"?

Was it not long ago, Black Men were found hanging from trees .
Nice to see you stand up for your beliefs though, you go girl.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Yep, but we have moved past that, havent we?

And when those black men were swinging, it wasnt with the governments explicit permission. Think before you speak.

Did our president ever announce proudly that "There are no more blacks in the USA!"?
edit on 17-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
if i was an iranian government official and i saw the destruction and invasion of iraq and the plunder of oil with contracts given to western oil interests, the overthrow of gadaffi and the current theft of it's oil and the undermining of syria and over 130,000 u.s. troops occupying a neighbouring country, afghanistan, my nuclear warhead program would be operating at over 1000% capacity.

especially since the west lies and no matter what you do, if they are determined they will invade.

iraq gave up all wmds and barely had an army, the complied with all inspections, they were still invaded.

gadaffi, gave up all weapons and renounced terrorism, he was overthrown and killed.

complying with the west, history shows, only makes their invasion less bloody and easier.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This video clearly shows why Iran must be dealt with:

THE ENEMY

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by averageGuy505

Originally posted by FlyersFan
.... Iran is guilty of instigating war all around the world.

I agree, Iran is very probably guilty as charged. But they aren't " instigating war" with us here in America.

Did you forget that Iran's Mahdi Army killed many U.S. troops in Iraq? That right there is the justification for bombing the Iranian leadership and nuke sites.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Brave writing, I loved it.
Thanks.
S&F

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by n00bUK

There we go screaming about stealing resources.

Like IRaq and KOSOVO and the like.

Doubt it pal.

We steal nothing.

We liberate.

Make free.

Someday you may be free from oppression..

If you lucky.

We steal nothing? we liberate? We make free? What a laugh!
You have obviously been living on another planet while America has been killing robbing and oppressing countries all over the world for the last fifty years.Now they are quickly ramping up their robbery and killing and oppression of their own citizens each and everyday.
Your post only strengthens peoples beliefs that America is sick and will eventually self destruct from within,not from outside sources.I really feel sorry for people like you.

My signature clearly explains people like you and it is still relevant to this day after it was spoken thirteen years ago.
Doesnt matter who said it or in what context it will always be true of most Americans. Sad.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Obelisk67 because: edit
edit on 17-1-2012 by Obelisk67 because: edit
edit on 17-1-2012 by Obelisk67 because: text

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

No, I don't believe we hang gays or blacks anymore.
We idolize gays and we imprison blacks...at least the ones that are not playing sports. And in that case, we are back to idolizing.
The U.S., as a country, is seriously "soul" challenged. We really get a kick out of pointing out the evils of other countries, yet we don't much care to for some soul searching of our own.
Like our prison population. Yes, we are first in the world. AND, they work for our military industrial complex. Great huh?
Speaking of our military, how many suicides do we have every year from active members of our military? We don't have to hang anyone, WE HANG OURSELVES.
Pathetic argument to demonize a country. Look at your own.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Panetta admits Iran not developing nukes

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, didnt Iran kill US troops in Iraq? How about Hamas, Hezbollah? Youre gonna tell me those two terrorist* organizations are fighting in self defense? Why all the secrecy with its nuclear program, if its just for civilian use? Why all the upgrades to its missiles and warheads? And you didnt change the idea with that quote, different words, same meaning.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Th word Zionism gets thrown around a lot.

The word is a lie.

Zionism is support for an Israeli state. Everywhere I look it's being used for something it doesn't mean.

Also saying the regime occupying Jerusalem must be wiped away kind of is saying the same thing that was reported. It means he's saying Jerusalem must be liberated. And liberation usually happens by destroying the army doing the occupying.

As far as I can tell this is just a continuation of war propaganda. Only now we see it from the other direction.

War propaganda from either side is still war propaganda. Filled with lies and skewing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by seenavv

Th word Zionism gets thrown around a lot.

The word is a lie.

Zionism is support for an Israeli state. Everywhere I look it's being used for something it doesn't mean.

Also saying the regime occupying Jerusalem must be wiped away kind of is saying the same thing that was reported. It means he's saying Jerusalem must be liberated. And liberation usually happens by destroying the army doing the occupying.

As far as I can tell this is just a continuation of war propaganda. Only now we see it from the other direction.

War propaganda from either side is still war propaganda. Filled with lies and skewing.

From what I've read the quote is about changing the regime's policies in order to resolve the sovereignty dispute with palestine.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Wind power.

Make free.

Two of the best things I have read in a long time. I guess I would be angry too if I was your age, and wisdom still didn't want to be my friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I will never forget watching Ahmadinejad's speech at the UN on CNN (US) in 2008, during the tumult of the September banking crisis.

I fully expected to hear him spout a bunch of hate-filled rhetoric about the end of the US and Zionist world economic domination.

Instead, what was translated as he gave it was a beautiful, humanistic, passionate plea for the world societies to see each other for what we are - family, brothers and sisters all - and to treat each other respectively as such and respectfully across the board.

I was stunned.

When he was finished, Wolf Blitzer burst onto the screen and said something to the effect of, "A blistering speech by Ahmadinejad of Iran, who blasted the US and heatedly condemned Israel ..." For those who didn't bother reading the translation of the speech as Ahmadinejad gave it, their perception of what had been said was formed by a four-second sound byte of complete and utter bull# by Wolf Blitzer and CNN.

I learned a valuable lesson that day.

Thank you, OP, for this incredibly well-considered and thoughtful thread. Extremely well done.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Exsisto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

The problem with that comes with saying who has sovereignty.

No nation in Arabia has true sovereignty. Besides Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Iran, all the other nations were created by the British government dictating what borders went where.

When Iran said what it said, they were saying to erase Israel. because Iran knows perfectly well who made those borders, and they know perfectly well that no border west of theirs is legitimate. They simply want to rewrite them as they wish, without Israel existing.

And hell, to some degree they have a right to say that. Who were the British to decide who got what land?
edit on 17-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by seenavv
it amazes me how you can be on this website with such a record and continue to spew propaganda from the likes of Clinton, CIA, and the US Department

It amazes me how many iranian apologists and iranian government agents have appeared on this site in the past few months. It's like a flock of pigeons or a gaggle of geese or an army of ants or an infestation of termites ...

It amazes me how you can try to spin the government of Iran as being something benevolent, when it's not.

It amazes me how I can post information from many different sources and yet the apologists for Iran refuse to acknowledge the truth of them. Reports from El-Arabya or Amnesty International are suddenly 'cia'. :shk:

YOU SAID THIS -

Originally posted by seenavv
You do realize any attempt to interfere with the decisions and actions made within a foreign country is an instigation to war. Therefore any form of interference labels the instigators as the aggressors in the conflict which could potentially lead to an all out war.

That's EXACTLY what Iran does all around the world.
Your statement turned around and bit you in the backend ...

It is a game played by both sides, and for the most part it is quite easy to spot.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Excellent post. I don't know if it will do much except preach to the choir. Based on discussions I've had with folks, forums, and other places to comment, and using facts such as what you have presented, many seem to have already made up their minds on our big flag-waving US foreign policy. When presented with factual information....usually contrary to the programmed rhetoric from our media, politics, etc, they just get a glazed look on their face and/or argue with nonsensical rebuttal. It's almost as if something like truth would wreak havoc on one's fragile mind after decades of conditioning with lies. But never give up!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
what gets me is, you lived in america all of your life... You spent only a year in iran, yet you're an Iranian? And you have an opinion on what america does against iran?

If you lived half your life there, then I might give you some room here... But you have not. So you know everything about Iran and what they are doing, yet you admit you only spent 1 year out of your whole life as an iranian, and you can tell me that you have some special opinion that trumps any others? Then, not by your own information, but information gotten from Youtube of all places.. Sorry dude.. You're american. Not Iranian.

Priceless...

Thats like asking the British how France should be run. I'm sure alot have been there... but that doesnt give them the know it all to tell the French how things should be.

Spend another say... 10 years in Iran... the last 10... and tell me how it goes.

No matter what you say America does... you cannot discount what Iran has done. At very least, we do it to other 3rd world countries... Not our own people and not our neighbors.
edit on 17-1-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Yep, but we have moved past that, havent we?

And when those black men were swinging, it wasnt with the governments explicit permission. Think before you speak.

Did our president ever announce proudly that "There are no more blacks in the USA!"?
edit on 17-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Who cares about what they do?! What moral validity does your opinion hold? You sit there in your lazy chair and you don't care one way or another and are just using it as a pretext. Admit it, you are scared to death.

Blacks have been treated like beasts in your country. No one invaded you for it, but following your logic somebody should have right?
edit on 17-1-2012 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join