It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Iranian's view on the whole situation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+141 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This thread contains my views up to this date on the Iran situation, in addition to a response to seabag' piece on Iran titled "Warmonger Thread"

First off I am 100% Persian blood, but born and raised all my life in Canada and USA. I have visited Iran for a total period of 1 year in my life. I love the people from all of these countries but I despise all of their governments and establishments. My friends call me an anarchist, but I gain my perspective solely from the right and wrongdoings of any government/ regime

1. Death to America chants

You will NEVER fix a problem unless you address it's root causes

Gee I wonder... why do some Iranians chant death to America? What did we (western powers) ever do to them?
A question the mainstream media will never ask, or answer.

The west and Iran 101

My family has directly suffered many decades because of the harrasment the west has brought upon Iran. Their lives were shaken.. from the Iran-Iraq war which lead to the death of almost one million Iranians, to violent uprisings instigated by the CIA, and endless theft of our countries wealth and stability. And now we've ended up with a religious theocracy that is practically just as bad as the people they originally sought to eradicate from our country... our best attempt at making things right was foiled by the CIA in 1953. Thanks America

Anyways, these death chants are solely made by extremists and used for the purpose of empowering the regime. They do this through the promotion of an external enemy and by utilizing an understandable hatred amongst Iranians towards toward the west. In essence, they are baseless; practically a bluff on the regimes behalf because they know they don't stand a chance against "America"

The funniest thing is, Iranians chanting death to America is usually the only footage you see of them from the mainstream media. You know we are ordinary people with lives, children, and feelings too right? Or are you so brainwashed by MSM to think Iranian people are some "lesser" beings whose primary method of transportation is through the use of camel's?

2. But, but Ahmadinejad is a bad bad man! I don't want that fool in control of a nuclear weapon especially after he said he wants to wipe Israel off the map!

Ahmadinejad is no saint, far from it, but he never made such a statement. Most Iranians despise him greatly and think he is a puppet mouthpiece. But to deliberately misconstrue statements made by him and use it for war propaganda doesn't make him any more evil then you think he is

To quote his exact words in Farsi:

Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

I will tell you from my personal understanding of Farsi the word "map" does DOES NOT EVEN EXIST in this famous, misinterpreted statement

Direct, literal, Non-Zionist translation:

The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time

Part 1

Part 2

The Guardian's Jonathan Steele cites four different translations, from professors to the BBC to the New York Times and even pro-Israel news outlets, in none of those translations is the word "map" used. The closest translation to what the Iranian President actually said is, "The regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time," or a narrow relative thereof. In no version is the word "map" used or a context of mass genocide or hostile military action even hinted at.

The acceptance of the word "map" seemingly originated with the New York Times, who later had to back away from this false translation. The BBC also wrongly used the word and, in comments to Steele, later accepted their mistake but refused to issue a retraction.

www.prisonplanet.com...

As Cole correctly notes, Ahmadinejad was quoting the Ayatollah Khomeini in the specific speech under discussion: what he said was that “the occupation regime over Jerusalem should vanish from the page of time.”2 No state action is envisaged in this lament; it denotes a spiritual wish, whereas the erroneous translation—“wipe Israel off the map”—suggests a military threat. There is a huge chasm between the correct and the incorrect translations. The notion that Iran can “wipe out” U.S.-backed, nuclear-armed Israel is ludicrous.

reviewcanada.ca...

The phrase he then used as I read it is “The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] from the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).”

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope– that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah’s government.

www.juancole.com...

Other:
www.guardian.co.uk...

3. Ok I don't really want a full out war or anything, but things like stuxnet and other covert-ops is a-ok!

You do realize any attempt to interfere with the decisions and actions made within a foreign country is an instigation to war. Therefore any form of interference labels the instigators as the aggressors in the conflict which could potentially lead to an all out war.

So just because your not directly calling for a war on Iran, does not mean your actions are not asking for war
edit on 17-1-2012 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
4. Iran is attempting to obtain a nuclear weapon

To this day there is ZERO LEGITIMATE (Non-Zionist) sources that suggest Iran is after a nuclear weapon

Our calculations show that Iran's plan to enrich uranium to 20 percent in a single cascade is likely not the best option for fuel production, but it's also hardly a great advancement toward a weapons capability. If Iran wanted to quickly produce the amount of material needed to fuel the Tehran Research Reactor, it could legally use the entire 23 cascades currently operating at the Fuel Enrichment Plant at Natanz, where it would take only four months to produce the 115.8 kilograms required to fuel the reactor for about 20 years. It would take less than another month to produce enough 20 percent material to make bomb-grade uranium, ultimately reducing the time to a weapon by one-half. But Iran has shown no indication that it wants to expand that capacity.

www.thebulletin.org...

In 2010, Iran said it had increased the enrichment of uranium from the 3.5% needed for commercial nuclear reactors to the 10-20% needed for a research reactor near Tehran

Weapons-grade uranium is at least 90% enriched

www.bbc.co.uk...
20%, and 90%. There is a HUGE difference so calm the $#% down because if Iran were really after the bomb their enrichment of Uranium would be taken much more seriously

How many times do some of you idiots buy into this form of fear SO easily? Even if it's been proven you've been lied to in the past, and by the same people!

weapons of mass destruction, evil terrorists, axil of evil, weapons of mass destruction, they hate American's, 911, aaaand weapons of mass destruction

5. Iran should not have a nuclear weapon, it poses a danger to the entire world

EVEN if Iran was after a nuclear weapon, they have every right to as a party member of the NPT
The current Iranian regime is stupid.. but not stupid enough to perform an action that would result in their inevitable annihilation

Do you seriously think they would use a nuclear weapon against anyone?
Ever heard of mutually assured destruction?
Does that ring a bell?
Or only when its used in the context of the cold war ?

IF Iran were after a nuclear weapon it would be for the sole purpose of its own defense. Foreign bloodthirsty and oil-thirsty countries like US and Israel wouldn't have a chance at Iran's natural resources if it were ever to posses a nuclear weapon

Look at the history, Iran has been consistently violated of it's stability and resources by western powers. It has not attacked a SINGLE country in the past 100 years, and has only been attacked BY western forces in the past 100 years

If anything, the most dangerous country in the entire world to posses a nuclear weapon, includes the same people trying to prevent Iran from having one: The United States of America. The only country to ever use a nuclear weapon on people resulting in the deaths of almost 200,000 civilians.

Ask yourself how many wars has the US started in the past 10 years?
And don't tell me it's because of 911 because your a disgrace to the motto of this website if you believe the official story
-------------------------

Now I'm personally not for Iran or anyone obtaining a nuclear weapon, but nor am I for hypocritical imperialists preventing others from having them to expand their never-ending theft of natural resources from foreign countries

It is sad to see that, although some see past the paradigm the elite have forged to keep us divided, they still remain oblivious to the reality that EVERYTHING they force down our throats is a LIE. The point is, it doesn't matter if Iran is after nuclear weapons or not! Western powers are after the regime of Iran to achieve total and indefinite domination of the middle east to further their plans of establishing their New World Order, which is the real enemy of humanity, not the ordinary citizens of the nations of this world!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Thanks for your summation and the dose of common-sense re: Iran

For those who beat the drums of war and think that those types of actions are the only solution - there's no better way than to support that view than by joining the military and/or sending your children into the armed forces.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

edit on 17-1-2012 by staticarium because: I give up. Just look on google for Iranian mountains - so beautiful. OP is lucky to come from such a beautiful place

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thank you for this. I see the people on the warmonger thread chanting Death to Iran (in so many words) as equivalent to the Death to America chanters.

I wish they could all get together on a battlefield and have it out with one another and leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Majorly cool......
Ive always felt the the Iranis are very much the same as us....trapped by a goverment that has the guns to do what it wants to its people.
Canada, The US, it makes NO difference.
The people in control are very much busy taking care of themselves, and whats good for them......
The rest of us, despite our nationality, colour, or whatever, are just fodder for the elite.
Nice meeting you!
best regards stirling

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Anyone remember the nut jobs burning the Koran here?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I enjoyed reading this well thought out thread, thanks for posting. Unfortunately i think war with Iran is now inevitable, and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it....

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

How about arming #e muslims in IRAQ to attack us troops with Iranian weapons.

How about killing and tortturing your own people. What about that woman Jourrnalist that was held in Evan Prison who was tortured and killed.

Sorry no love here pal.

You reap what you so.

You so hate well expect hate to come right back at you.

Let me ask this question.

If Iran has all the oil and gas reserves and so much money and pipeline and export money.

Why do they need nuklear power.

How about some wind technologies.

ZNo they want to be able to threaten their neightbors with nuke weapons.

Tha is why there will be a war and we are all gonna die.

That is the way it is.

You want ISREAL wiped off the map well we shall all be wiped off the map someday as we are the poison that is inhabiting and destroying this earth buy our drilling deep into the earth crust and sucking all the oil out.

Well how about all the water that is contaminated and all the poision we spew on the earth.

Doesn't matter as when it happens it happens.

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
You want ISREAL wiped off the map well we shall all be wiped off the map someday as we are the poison that is inhabiting and destroying this earth buy our drilling deep into the earth crust and sucking all the oil out.

Nice reading comprehension there. I think he addressed that point in his OP and I am pretty sure no where did the OP want Israel to be "wiped off the map".

+40 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

reply to post by seenavv

How about killing and tortturing your own people. What about that woman Jourrnalist that was held in Evan Prison who was tortured and killed.

Sorry no love here pal.

You reap what you so.

You so hate well expect hate to come right back at you.

If Iran has all the oil and gas reserves and so much money and pipeline and export money.

That is the way it is.

Well how about all the water that is contaminated and all the poision we spew on the earth.

People like you scare me. You have no balance - its just all their fault, this disturbs me. . .

You think you can dicate how their internal policies should be ran, because you think you are some how morally better? You need to wake up and smell the coffe that your country (America) is the biggest threat to humanity's peaceful existence. If america would just bring back its troops and stop stealing other countries resources and holding their countries back so they can not prosper, then i think America wouldnt bee seen as it is now - a bully with weak citizens who are brainwashed by materialistic dreams, hell bent on shooting anything they can

I think you need to step back and stop thinking you have the right to dictate how people should be living their lives, when in all reality - it has zero effect on your life, your just been dragged into thinking this effects you by them showing you 'human right abuse' videos (which half are staged) and your accepting it hook line and sinker. Maybe you should look closer to home and see that the freedom you have now is in shackles, everyday there is a battle against your own constitution and how much freedom you have - until America is perfect, I dont think you have the right to impose your way of life on anybody
edit on 17-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
You do realize any attempt to interfere with the decisions and actions made within a foreign country is an instigation to war. Therefore any form of interference labels the instigators as the aggressors in the conflict which could potentially lead to an all out war.

In that case .. Iran is guilty of instigating war all around the world.

Iran - state sponsored terrorism - Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad

Iran Most Active Sponsor of Terrorism In The World

The report charges that Iran's involvement in countries like Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan and in the Palestinian territories threatens efforts to promote peace, economic stability in the Gulf and democracy. The report singles out the Quds force, an elite branch of Iran's Revolutionary Guard as the channel through which Iran supports terrorist activities and groups abroad. The report also takes to task Syria, an Iranian ally in the region.

Arab News - Irans international terrorism threatens 'The Kingdom'

Iranian Involvement in Syria

El Arabiya - Iran Working For Syrian Regime to Stay.

Syria and Iran - Together in International Terrorism

With the absence of an Iraqi threat since 2003, relations between Syria and Iran have deepened, sustained by their shared support of terrorist organizations Lebanese Hezbollah and Hamas, and their enmity toward Israel. Both Tehran and Damascus have continuously provided Hezbollah with funding, training, materiel, and political support since its creation in the 1980s. According to a 2008 Congressional Research Service report, “Syria is an important interlocutor between Iran and its Hezbollah protégés; Iranian weapons transit through Syria on their way to Hezbollah caches in Lebanon.”[4] Joint assistance for and advocacy on the behalf of Palestinians in the region is also an integral component of bilateral relations between Iran and Syria, with officials from both countries often stridently criticizing Israel on a host of Palestinian issues. The two states also cooperate militarily beyond their support for proxy militias, with the Islamic Republic supplying arms, ammunition and military technology to Syrian security services. In the wake of the Arab Spring, which has led to widespread unrest in Syria and posed a formidable challenge to Assad’s regime, Iranian officials have dispatched IRGC Qods Force advisors, training personnel, and other resources to reinforce Assad’s assault on anti-regime protesters.[5] After a June 2011 meeting between Qods Force Commander Qassem Suleimani and Syria’s Deputy Vice President for Security Affairs Muhammad Nasif Kheirbek, Iran agreed to provide $23 million to Syria for the construction of a military base in Latakia, in order to facilitate direct arms shipments from the Islamic Republic to Syria.

NORTH KOREA'S THREAT TO THE MIDDLE EAST AND THE MIDDLE EAST'S THREAT TO ASIA
Iran is in cahoots with North Korea and together they are 'interfering' with the security and stability of the entire Middle East and Asia areas.

Iran is the world's biggest supporter of terrorism and subversion, opponent of U.S. influence, and enemy of the Middle East peace process. It backs violent revolutionary Islamic movements in many countries. Since the end of the Iran-Iraq war in 1988, Iran has been more restrained about at least overt challenges to the regional balance of power. Given its limited resources, Iran has not gone all-out to build a huge military force. Despite this caution and the election of a relatively moderate president in 1997, Iran's basic goals and doctrine remains. In addition to its covert activities, Tehran could still attack or subvert more systematically Gulf Arab monarchies. .... Tehran want to manufacture the weapons it needs internally, which again makes North Korea an attractive partner. U.S. Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs Joseph Nye stated in 1995 that Iran was seeking advanced weapons in order to "control the area around the Straits of Hormuz and intimidate the smaller countries" so as to gain "hegemony over the Persian Gulf." This is why the United States has tried to impose international sanctions against Iran and to block its obtaining weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

There we go screaming about stealing resources.

Like IRaq and KOSOVO and the like.

Doubt it pal.

We steal nothing.

We liberate.

Make free.

Someday you may be free from oppression..

If you lucky.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to Rocky Black

I haven't seen any evidence of this, except from the same people who said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq..
regardless US troops never should've been in Iraq in the first place. And the US is the one who brought Sadam to power and provided him with chemical weapons to use against Iran

BTW they also said Iran was behind 911, do you believe that too?

I never praised the Iranian regime or any such action.. please reread my post..

Neither one of us can really answer this question... just because a country has oil, gas, and money does not mean it no longer has any need for more energy whether in the form of nuclear or not

How about less sanctions and threats, and instead more diplomacy ?
Ok but seriously, wind technology is an investment the entire world should be making... I don't know what Iran's situation is on this but seems to be going off topic..

First off, they don't have a nuke, and they're not after one
In my OP I simply envisioned a scenario where Iran would be obtaining a nuclear weapon and the reasons why... which are more then reasonable if you understand Iran's history and it's present day situation. But then you gota ask yourself... why does ANY country in the world have a nuclear weapon?

That is the way it is.

It sounds like you pretty much want this (war) to happen..

Alright now its really clear you haven't even bothered to read my post in its entirety

Tell that to the corporate parasite in North America that has suppressed all attempts at reducing dependence on fossil fuels

sure

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

it amazes me how you can be on this website with such a record and continue to spew propaganda from the likes of Clinton, CIA, and the US Department

I never claimed to be a supporter of the Iranian regime but I can surely discern between the lies and what's actually happening... the only terrorists in your eyes are anyone the US says is a terrorist

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

reply to post by n00bUK

There we go screaming about stealing resources.

Like IRaq and KOSOVO and the like.

Doubt it pal.

We steal nothing.

We liberate.

Make free.

Someday you may be free from oppression..

If you lucky.

You mean 'Make free' to take right?
Liberate to 'take' right?

Did the war in iraq 'liberate' 150,000 -400,000 people who were killed?

War is profit. Simple. War is not something that goes on forever.
Not unless your the ruling elite and want to control the rest of everything.

Iran is one of the last places where their resources are actually owned by their country instead of by outside interests.

Read: Confessions of an economic hitman

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Its really easy to look from our end of the world and be like "OMG THEY ARE FUNDING TERRORISTS". (if even remotely true)

Ever consider the possibility that perhaps they are helping allies in the fight against occupation of their homeland?

Do some role reversal, what would YOU do, if you lived in Iraq and had a family and some foreign military was occupying your country, walking your streets, fighting 'terrorists', most of the time at the sacrifice of innocent people..

I'de pick up a gun and fight too.

Terrorist = Freedom fighter depending on your perspective. Obviously some peoples is "Omg mainstream media tells me iran is bad, therefor we must completely # the country like we did with libya, iraq, afgan, and various others!"

It would have been much easier to destroy the dictator himself with a precision strike, rather than leveling cities and killing thousands.

Oh wait, there's no money in that. Looks like we need to flatten the entire area so we can allow the our own companies to go in and rebuild the nation.

Guess what the Libyan 'Rebels' put up as soon as they were 'in power'. Oh, a central bank based on the failed federal reserve system? debt based currency? Lol.

See where im going?

also as a note: None of us live there, we cannot possibly know what is really going on without actually being there. Accepting news from any news source should be taken as a halftruth at best. We see it here. And everywhere.

Im not 'pro-this' or 'pro-that', just observation

Why buy middle-east oil when you can just go to war with them and take it for free (at the expense of lives, and the taxpayer, and economy)
edit on 17/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

it amazes me how you can be on this website with such a record and continue to spew propaganda from the likes of Clinton, CIA, and the US Department

It amazes me how many iranian apologists and iranian government agents have appeared on this site in the past few months. It's like a flock of pigeons or a gaggle of geese or an army of ants or an infestation of termites ...

It amazes me how you can try to spin the government of Iran as being something benevolent, when it's not.

It amazes me how I can post information from many different sources and yet the apologists for Iran refuse to acknowledge the truth of them. Reports from El-Arabya or Amnesty International are suddenly 'cia'. :shk:

YOU SAID THIS -

That's EXACTLY what Iran does all around the world.
Your statement turned around and bit you in the backend ...

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm glad the haters argue with their ignorance , and not their brains, makes it so easy.

Why nuclear power? Over 30 countries are wanting to go nuclear for their own reasons.
Iran's oil is not forever, and nuclear is a way for cheap power ,leaving the oil for export.
Dubai was built with the plan of oil running out.
Saudi Arabia wants nuclear power , their country floats on oil.
www.nuclearpowerdaily.com...
Guess we should bomb Saudi Arabia too, hell, where in the neighbourhood.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Good post OP.

Some of us wholly aware of the fact that "The West" wouldn't give a Rat's A$$ about Iran or if they possessed the motivation to acquire a Nuke if they were not in possession of the World's SECOND LARGEST OIL RESERVES !

Simply look at India, Pakistan and North Korea...no sanctions ...no sabre rattling against them ....simply due to the fact that they haven't any OIL !

I especially wouldn't waste too much time responding to the warmongers simply because they are simply doing their Job which is to demean and discredit anything that doesn't correlate with what we are told to believe on our audio visual subliminal programming devices aka Televisions.

And it all becomes quite painfully apparent and clear...

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join