It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate audience goes crazy cheering when Gingrich says "We'll kill our enemies."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
reply to post by mossme89

Does anyone else here ask themselves if they have some type of mental illness that makes us different from the majority of people in the world? I sometimes wonder how many different types of human beings there are, i am on the whole glad that i am whom i am, however sometimes it is hard to be this way.

Perhaps in the future of this wonderful world they, tptb will design a machine where all of us who think differently to the mainstream can go to be socially re-programmed with the response that tptb would like us to show,now theres a thought!.

I cant help being how and who i am, but this kind of mentality blows me away, are people really this shallow?

I sometimes question if i was born in the wrong time lol.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I do feel like this sometimes and wonder why I, along with many others, think outside the mainstream. Maybe it's a blessing, idk.

It really does shock me to see people cheering for war and death. I just hope we get out of this petty and shallow mindset. We're 7 billion people on a tiny blue marble in a remote region of space. We need to find a way to coexist or we'll all end up dead.
edit on 17-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Let this be something you remember when planning your next vacation or move....stay out of south carolina

Carring on with the current ideal, and American's won't be safe outside of America! ;-/

2nd

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by macman

What is the problem?
In warfare, you kill your enemy.
I want my dangerous enemies dead.
Don't see the issue here.

Interesting. I wonder how you will feel, should tptb decide your enemy is now your Father, or Brother...maybe that neighbor milking his own cows and growing a vegetable garden....

Will you feel safer then...

Never said I was a follower of TPTB.
I know my enemies and I know the real enemies of the US.

The whole attempt of a US Civil War comparison is nice, but that is about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What is the problem?

They way your country is run, you'd think the entire world is your enemy, how many countries have you established a military presence?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

TPTB...You may not follow them....but believe me...the do follow you. On the internet, your buying habits, your gun purchases...

Oh, they follow you...

edit on 17-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And some people think Human beings are an intelligent species......

President Obama said half of America is his enemy. So is it ok for President Obama to kill them?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by domasio

What is the problem?

They way your country is run, you'd think the entire world is your enemy, how many countries have you established a military presence?

If you go back and actually research my stances, you would find that I want our Military pulled out of Foreign Countries.
The US Military should not be fighting nor dieing for other countries problems. Let them kill each other for all I care.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

TPTB...You may not follow them....but believe me...the do follow you. On the internet, your buying habits, your gun purchases...

Oh, they follow you...

That is nice

Yes, the topic of SOPA and NDAA is other threads.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
And some people think Human beings are an intelligent species......

President Obama said half of America is his enemy. So is it ok for President Obama to kill them?

0bama is not representative of the US, nor does he speak or stand for me.
He is a turd of the highest order.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Oh, they follow you...

That is nice

Trying to shoo me off because I hit a nerve with you...to use your words...nice try

Did you even watch the debate last night? I was sickened by the audience reaction.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Anyone that threatens the US.
Very simple.

I think your barbaric, jingoist paranoia threatens the US every single day.

Hrm... I see what you're getting at...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Oh, they follow you...

That is nice

Trying to shoo me off because I hit a nerve with you...to use your words...nice try

Did you even watch the debate last night? I was sickened by the audience reaction.

Shoo you off?
Nope, not me. Please, by all means, continue.
The topic of being followed by TPTB is in other threads.
Staying on topic, no I did not watch the debates.
Don't need it to base or create my decision for selecting a Presidential Candidate.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Anyone that threatens the US.
Very simple.

I think your barbaric, jingoist paranoia threatens the US every single day.

Hrm... I see what you're getting at...

At least you understand.
I do not, nor will I think that living next to your enemy will offer any benefit to either.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

by enemies , do you mean anyone that does not bow down to american war mongers ?
or any country that is not strong enough to resist when you invade to steal their resources

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

What is the problem?

The issue is not the killing of the enemy, it is finding exuberance in the thought of and action of killing another person, be it enemy of not. Even if one has directly harmed you or a loved one, one might get satisfaction at "revenge" and in killing, but to enjoy the process of killing is..well...

To find joy in and to become joyful because of the killing of a human, even if in war, is not ordinary. It's borderline psychopathy.

A nation rallying behind the killing of people, even in war, is not healthy for the state. It's barbaric.

The soldier with a sigh reluctantly recounting how he killed the enemy
Vs.
The soldier bragging with laughter how he shredded a bunch of those folks, as bullets ripped them apart.

Entirely different mental health issue.

ETA:

And when the audience does it, what does that say about the state of the nation? Pretty sick, IMO.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

Oh, they follow you...

That is nice

Shoo you off?
Nope, not me. Please, by all means, continue.
The topic of being followed by TPTB is in other threads.
Staying on topic, no I did not watch the debates.
Don't need it to base or create my decision for selecting a Presidential Candidate.

Seeing as this is the thread title...

Debate audience goes crazy cheering when Gingrich says "We'll kill our enemies.", page 2

And you admit you didn't even watch the debates....how does that give you any ground to judge my posts ...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hey macman, what does that say under your avitar " options are nice to have"?
I really don't think you believe that.
Anyone ever tell you , you would make a great cop ?
Yah, I can see you now in a black jump suit in riot gear smashing heads with your baton smiling and drooling as you feed your hunger for war.
You painted yourself into this corner.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In the future people will never kills others, it will seem odd and sick. We, as a species, will study the past and find "wars" with one another strange and barbaric, like a caveman. We will wonder why this was the chosen way to do business for profit, when it could be done in peaceful and meaningful ways.

This future is past our and our grandchildren's timeframes, but maybe our great-greats will be reading about this era in dismay.

200 years ago the world was vast, now it's a plane ride away. We are essentially one, we just have not come to terms with that yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
reply to post by macman

by enemies , do you mean anyone that does not bow down to american war mongers ?
or any country that is not strong enough to resist when you invade to steal their resources

Yep
, you have found me out.
Because that is exactly what I have stated and what I mean.

Nice stretch though.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Regret in taking the life of someone that means to harm you is not in my wheel house.
Nor remorse for that person(s) either.
Would I find joy in revenge?
Yeah, I guess to an extent.
Maybe walk through life in not wanting to harm others.
In this sense, one is defense, the other is offense.
Would I exact revenge to anyone that hurt my family?
You bet'cha. Without a second thought.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join