It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate audience goes crazy cheering when Gingrich says "We'll kill our enemies."

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I saw this on the South Carolina debate last night and am utterly disgusted at how the audience went ballistic cheering. This clip isn't even half of it. A few seconds later, the camera showed people almost falling off their seats in utter joy. If this the attitude of our country, I have officially lost hope. We're doomed to continue the vicious cycle of bloodshed.

This comment pretty much sums up how ridicioulus this is:

Andrew Jackson was considered a terrorist just like Bin Laden. A dissident. Britain sought to "kill" Jackson without due process. It was laws like Newts which made citizens like Jackson join the revolution.
By the way, Jackson later went on to kill thousands of Natives and loved slavery. He also tried to invade South Carolina because they weren't paying enough taxes. Newt's comparison is so offensive to the history of the state.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
it's a psyop - they insert this kind of stuff (can you say canned).
vote RON PAUL - and we won't have to worry about our borders - on account of he will defend them.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
seems like, jesus christ is not their lord.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You would think our fellow Americans would be weary of war and just tired after better than a decade of it. Yet here we are...cheering for another one while still fighting the first one from clear back at the start of the nightmare. When does it end? Will my kids child know America at peace?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Let this be something you remember when planning your next vacation or move....stay out of south carolina

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
America is just as bad is Iran and all them places they say are terrorist, I dont know many, no wait - in fact i dont know ANY western nations that cheer at the though of killing their enemies - these people need to take a step back and look at their selves and take a deep thought about their own actions before wanting to force their way of living down other cultures throats.

+38 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I doubt these people would be cheering so loudly if Newt put a gun in their hands and told them they had to go to war as well. The game changes when those not affected by war, who cheer for war, are faced with the threat of getting their hands dirty.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

What is the problem?
In warfare, you kill your enemy.
I want my dangerous enemies dead.
Don't see the issue here.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Disgusting last night and still disgusting.

The one guy bouncing on his chair makes me want to vomit.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
What is the problem?

Who are our enemies again? Anyone labeled a "Terrorist" + Iranians? Chinese? Russians? Libyans? Egyptians? Syrians? Venezuelans? Cubans?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

What is the problem?

By the way, I must have missed the declaration of war. Which war is it you are talking about?

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

What is the problem?

The problem is that it leads to an endless cycle of bloodshed. We're all human and we all live on the same planet. We need to stop killing each other and learn to talk things out like sane people.

Part of the reason we have enemies is because we stick our noses where they don't belong.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Does anyone else here ask themselves if they have some type of mental illness that makes us different from the majority of people in the world? I sometimes wonder how many different types of human beings there are, i am on the whole glad that i am whom i am, however sometimes it is hard to be this way.

Perhaps in the future of this wonderful world they, tptb will design a machine where all of us who think differently to the mainstream can go to be socially re-programmed with the response that tptb would like us to show,now theres a thought!.

I cant help being how and who i am, but this kind of mentality blows me away, are people really this shallow?

I sometimes question if i was born in the wrong time lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

What is the problem?

Who are our enemies again? Anyone labeled a "Terrorist" + Iranians? Chinese? Russians? Libyans? Egyptians? Syrians? Venezuelans? Cubans?

Anyone that threatens the US.
Very simple.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

What is the problem?

By the way, I must have missed the declaration of war. Which war is it you are talking about?

Different topic all together.
You may be surprised as to my views on that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

What is the problem?

The problem is that it leads to an endless cycle of bloodshed. We're all human and we all live on the same planet. We need to stop killing each other and learn to talk things out like sane people.

Part of the reason we have enemies is because we stick our noses where they don't belong.

While I agree with the fact that the US federal govt sticks its nose in the business of other countries and even the US citizen, I still have no problem with the statement of killing your enemy.

Talk only goes so far. Look at the UN. That is the biggest bloated group of wind bags that could ever have come together.
Lots of talk, no results or resolutions.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I find it curious that when a certain type of americans see a group of muslims chanting "death to America", they equate them to fanatical barbarians, but when the same feelings of bloodlust and hatred are expressed in public by their own compatriots, it's "not an issue".

These warmongering conservatives should maybe pause at some point, and reflect on which country the world as a whole perceives as the greater threat. A third world muslim state, engaged in a fumbling effort to devellop nukes, or the worlds greatest military power, that has been engaged in constant state of war since the middle of last century, and that is slowly but surely producing generation after generation of dim-whitted fundamentalist christians who unfortunatly get to vote (and are, on occasion, elected president).

Think about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What is the problem?

Interesting. I wonder how you will feel, should tptb decide your enemy is now your Father, or Brother...maybe that neighbor milking his own cows and growing a vegetable garden....

Will you feel safer then...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join