It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural remedies "seldom effective"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Afterthought
How did our ancestors ever survive without big pharma?

Not long, painfully, and with lots of problems

From your point of view, I'm guessing you're working for the pharmaceutical industry. I suppose you are correct that the longevity has increased over the past 200 years, but only a very small percentage of that increase in longevity can actually be attributed to the pharmaceutical industry. Most of the longevity increase can be attributed to clean water supply, less exposure to environmental hazards (extreme heat, cold), reduced infant mortality rates and less risky lifestyles. I would challenge you to show evidence that proves overall longevity is significantly related to the pharmaceutical industry. Maybe you can ask your supervisor if you can't find it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Our government needs to do the research in this field. Private profits never have the public interest at heart.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Our government needs to do the research in this field. Private profits never have the public interest at heart.

Are you saying that the Govt. has our interests at heart?

Who do you think has interests in Big Pharma? Yup, the Govt.

Peace

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Sooooo you don't believe in methuselah and noah??

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You can keep your pills. go ahead and kill yourself with lab grown poisons. Me I'd rather eat some herbs. I know for a fact I feel better with natural remedies.Every strong pain medicine(morphine,codeine,vicodin,percocet) is in one way or another derived from opium poppies.But the man is gonna come down on me cuz I dont want to pay him for the extra lab chemicals.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Correct!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Ok fine, attribute life spans of 65 measly years to "modern advances" while people live to be 110 and credit their long lives to eating right, avoiding medicines, and balancing their diets very well.
edit on 15-1-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by qver74

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by Afterthought
How did our ancestors ever survive without big pharma?

Not long, painfully, and with lots of problems

From your point of view, I'm guessing you're working for the pharmaceutical industry.

nope - I work in aviation.

I suppose you are correct that the longevity has increased over the past 200 years, but only a very small percentage of that increase in longevity can actually be attributed to the pharmaceutical industry.

that wasn't the question - but .....

Most of the longevity increase can be attributed to clean water supply,

thanks to all sorts of things - including a lot of chemicals....

less exposure to environmental hazards (extreme heat, cold),

that must certainly be part of it - but also poisons - after all 1 smog in London is thought to have killed perhaps 4000 people in 1952

reduced infant mortality rates

Which in addition to the above factors can also be attributed to pain relief, medicines and vaccinations

and less risky lifestyles. I would challenge you to show evidence that proves overall longevity is significantly related to the pharmaceutical industry. Maybe you can ask your supervisor if you can't find it.

Since I didn't say it was, and since your assumption is just argumentum ex culo I shall decline your strawman invitation

but thanks for your input

edit on 15-1-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I will conceed that "some concoctions" of natural remedies are ineffective with some people, but to imply that all natural remedies are, is incorrect. I use several natural remedies on a daily basis and some only when necessary, but only in a raw unadulterated state. Mechanization of production contaminates the end product IMO. Also, some natural remedies should not be used in conjunction with others, just like OTC medications. I was diagnosed with severe HBP several years ago and prescribed three drugs, Metaprolol, Acupril and HZTZ. The Metaprolol destroyed the renin production in my kidneys and completely curbed my adrenaline production. As a result of taking the prescribed medicine I am now worse off than before the HBP diagnosis. Last year I began to use Cannabis to control my BP (keeping acurate records) and it works great. I get an increased heart rate but my BP stays below the danger zone. Goldenseal is great for sore throats but is something that I have to avoid now because it raises the BP. I will trust natural over manmade anyday, but that's just my life choice.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

so you mean to tell me you're a "fluoride is GOOD, chemicals are manufactured from germ CRAP but are good for you, and tylenol works better than natural honey" shill??

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I'm confused. If you work for the airline industry, why are you posting a new thread that natural remedies don't work? Have you had personal experience with natural remedies? Possibly a bad experience? I'm trying to find out your motivation for posting this so I can better understand what sort of responses you were hoping to get from your post.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by qver74

He said "aviation".
You know, like air force.

link   
reply to post by qver74

My motivations are in the initial post - to deny ignorance. It is clear to me that there is a lot of it here on ATS - so I try to do my bit.

Why do you thnik someone has to work in a particular industry to post a link to a news item?? Do you think everyone posting about Iran/Israel issues works for Mossad, or Iranian Diplomatic Service, or the US State Dept for example??

link   
reply to post by qver74

I think he's trying to cross reference member names here with those who are usually seen on the chemtrail threads. Those of us who shun big pharma and believe in chemtrails are really batty!

We may even be a threat to national security.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
reply to post by qver74

He said "aviation".
You know, like air force.

Like it, but not it - i've never been in any airforce - civil avaition only - airlines and maintenance organisations.

I was in the infantry when I did part time military service and had a few flights in airforce helicopters tho

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You still never gave your motivation for starting the thread. If you have any personal ailments that are being treated by traditional medical therapy, would you be willing to share these? Also, have you used any "alternative" medical therapies? What was the outcome of each approach?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by qver74

Can you not read??

If you can my reasons are in the 1st paragraph I wrote. If you can't then there's no point posting them again!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
BIG PHARMA must absolutely love people like AtG! Helps them move plenty of their KOOL-AID.

AtG's no doubt willing Big Pharma guinea pig (hopefully)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Embracing CHEMICAL "REMEDIES" invented in the last couple of hundred years is DENYING IGNORANCE?!?!?!!?......

wow.........

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Feather short of a coat me thinks, otherwise there would be an awful lot more flags on here!
Rainbows
Jane

PS I am a qualified CLINICAL aromatherapist of 20 years...just so we get the job thing clear!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join