It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural remedies "seldom effective"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Curing an autism-spectrum disorder is not really something all that inconceivable.

Autism-spectrum is a very.... broad... category. It, generally, defines neuro-atypical individuals with an expressed impairment of functional capacity.

For example, Asperger's is an Autism-Spectrum disorder. These people are, often, quite intelligent with very accurate methods of memorizing details. However... this often comes at a cost to social function. People and social interaction are a painstakingly learned behavior - if at all.

"Cures" for a lot of autism spectrum disorders are simply a derivative of neurocognitive therapy. Essentially - training someone to be able to function in a more normal manner.

A lot of doctors will use a placebo (of any kind) to help reinforce the effectiveness of the lifestyle change.

Sure - the autism may have been largely rooted in lead poisoning. Teaching the kid to function more normally isn't a cure for lead poisoning any more than teaching someone a form of echolocation is a cure for blindness.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by dadfortruth1

well as I said before, this issue is based on individual experience but how would feel if one of your children had been cured from a disease that the general medical practice had decided could not be cured?

last post from me in this thread but all the best and when you experience an alternative cure, then you will change your opinon.

and I guess that is what it takes?

cheers

I'm sorry Thurisaz I think you missunderstood me.
This was in my first reply on this thread

I'm sure a large percent of natural remedies sold on-line are bs! but there are heaps of benificial natural remidies, that can be found and used for free that do work.

I do believe very passionatly about natural remidies. But I agree that alot are just crooks taking advantage of sick people, that is why i highlighted the "seldom" part in the op's thread title.

please read my thread I started that was closed www.abovetopsecret.com...
I just wish we could talk more about some in partucular.

I take natural garlic and horseradish tablets every day to give me resistance to colds, and it works. I have also done a lot of research on "natural" cancer cures, for my father who was diagnosed with terminal cancer (pls see my link)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
well hugs to you and thx for the explanation.

years back when in first joined and discussed Austism and immunisations, it was so heated and now I don't bother sharing my info because of it and so that is why I intended to make a brief contribution and then run....out of the thread.

I agree, there is a lot rubbish out there and it makes it hard for honest practitioners.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
You are being ignorant, and I say this respectfully. A lot of our medications are derived from plants.

Sure drinking tiger's blood may not give a boost to your sex life, but ginger root helps nausea, peppermint settles the stomach..etc..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
I've used colloidal silver to cure an ear infection and a lung infection.

Works great for infections.

I was introduced to it by a guy who runs a motel in Kaniva. He was terminally ill with cancer, had a lot of his insides cut out (saw the scars), and given six months to live. Once he ran out of money, the medical industry told him there was nothing more they could do for him.

They did tell him he could try his luck by seeing an elderly Tibetan lady who claimed she had never lost a cancer patient. The reason they did this (he believes) was that he was that far gone he would ruin her flawless reputation. She put him on colloidal silver and long story short, he is in fine health to this day instead of dying in 2001 like he was expected to.

Those at the top of the medical industry who control the doctors are nasty, evil pigs.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
He's probably right about the colloidal gold, specifically. From what I've read about that stuff, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

As for the rest, however; I can barely verbalise my level of contempt for mainstream medical science in general terms.
edit on 16-1-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Your welcome, right back at ya

I know how you feel. There is somthing "not natural" causing lots of sickness and health problems, and I feel there is a link to this and the big farm/drug companies. and the same thing with child vacinations.
why do we have to bombard our kids with somthing like 28 injections in their first (most important) years of life
thats for another thread.

Apart from the things I cant talk about on ATS, I can recommend regular use of any fruit or veg with purple pigment (Anthocyanins), and Dandalione root has some amazing properties.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by domasio
I think lots of natural remedies induce the placebo effect, which would explain their popularity: people think they work, so they work.

I'm a firm believer that the mind controls the body, so I think that certainly has a lot to do with it.

Makes you wonder why TPTB feel the need to have graphic warning pictures on cigarette packs saying "THIS IS WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU!". Lots of money in sick people...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think people tend to forget that we are an animal on the Earth, and as such our body is designed to take in natural chemicals and organic foods. Antibiotics, painkillers, GMO's, etc. are all manmade chemical based products and therefore do not belong in the human body. There is simply no reasoning for taking these chemicals unless you dilute your knowledge enough to think big pharma is out to help you, instead of profit. Oh yeah and the oil companies and the energy companies are all looking out for you too

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Not long, painfully, and with lots of problems

The most common modern pain reliever sold by the drug companies is Aspirin... Aspirin came from Willow Tree bark.

In fact most medicines today came from some herb or other plant originally so to say that herbal medicine is ineffective is simply promoting ignorance. If this wasn't true, why do the feds burn weeds to stop us from using them? Why does the CIA claim to torch poppy fields while selling the opium for funding?

But great thread... This will definitely help spread awareness

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't buy it. Of course that's what the mainstream anything will say. I take Colloidal Silver and it works WONDERS for me. And yes, there are a too many posers out there with scams and supplements/vitamins that are not of quality, which is why I don't buy the cheap, generic, filler vitamins in bulk from places like the a basic store, because I personally never noticed anything positive from taking them.

I used to be really depressed and of course, the doctor prescribed an anti-depressant without hardly asking any questions. I used it for 4 months, and felt like I was going to explode. So I did my research, looked into certain vitamins, and after 3 months of taking D3, Niacin, and a few others in the mix, I completely got rid of that depression with no ill-effects or feelings of wanting to end my life. No mood swings, either.

I work in a hospital, and I see daily what happens with people who believe everything a doctor or nurse tells them, without researching anything to see if there might be a better, more natural alternative. In the end, it's an individual choice what you believe or don't believe. But what I do know is I take lots of supplements and vitamins, and I have never felt better, I haven't had the flu in 11 years, haven't had a cold in 2, and I work in a hospital, so to avoid those landmines in my workplace is not easy by a long shot.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
they're a hell of alot safer and more effective when used proper than the drugs pushed by big pharma and western "doctors" .

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't know who I distrust more. The pharmaceutical companies... or the doctors who promote their products.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Disagree 100% with the article, as per personal experience, I will stay on natural Medicine than with big pharma big profits poison.

And that is all I going to say, no need for arguments, once you learn how big pharma works to discredit anything that can take a chunk of their profits you know that nothing can be trusted unless you have been there and experienced by trial and error how natural medicine works, after all before big pharma profit making drugs we humans relayed on natural medicine to keeps us healthy and worked for thousands of years.
without profits.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hallelujah, sister!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Only the profitable ones are effective . . .

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There is no Federal or State Law in the United States banning Placebo's.

Many of the drugs Americans buy are....Placebo's. If you THINK the pill makes you better, you get better.

Google "Purdue Oxycontin Placebo", it was even found some of the narcotics in the United States are....placebo's.

Natural Remedies are more effective than placebo's. Doctors just don't make their cut $$$$.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Herbal medicines definitely can work. It's the highly diluted trace-amount snake oil shams that don't. You know, the ones that say 3x HPUS, leading people to think it's a concentration when it's really barely trace amounts? Any successes attributed to them seem to be much more logically attributed to the placebo effect.

I have taken straight-up herbs in tinctures and infusions (i.e teas) for many years. I've also tried many a homeopathic remedy only to waste an embarrassing amount of money. Pleurisy Root and Ginger will clean your congested lungs out far faster than Chestal ever will. Straight honey will help you kick that cold or flu cheaper & easier than Oscillococcinum (do you really think traces of Muscovy liver are going to help?) White Willow Bark & Lavender are an amazing headache remedy. Swap Lavender for Peppermint & it rivals Excedrin for migraines in my experience. Hawthorne berries has kept my high blood pressure safely under control for years.

We need to remember that we don't need homeopathic companies to aid our health. The supplies are within reach, and unadulterated to boot, for anyone willing to learn how to use them.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
While I agree mostly, there is truth to some of them. It's too bad all the snake oil salesmen obscure the real ones.

Lemon juice (citrus) cured my kidney stones and prevented a very painful operation. Three fourths of all kidney stones can are soluble in citrus acid. The less common uric acid stones are not. This procedure can cost over $10,000 dollars in the US. So, for $3 worth of concentrated lemon juice, i prevented Canadian taxpayers from paying over $10,000.

When my doctor asked where my stone went just before my operation and i told him about the lemon juice, he became downright hostile. Lost a lot of respect for that man.

edit on 16-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
yeah, natural remedies are crazy.. I mean... how could they work??? there NATRURAL..this man was taking tons of pills fro a debilitating skin disease daily... stopped the pills fasted on fruit and vegitable juice then began eating non processed foods... hasnt had an outbreak since.. suck on that natural remedy..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join