It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Campaign Major Announcement Tomorrow, 01/15/12

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe he's taking Jesse Ventura up on his offer and running as an Independent ? I could really get behind that team ...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by Misoir

Thats a pretty cruel joke

If Bush endorsed Ron Paul, I would have to take a good long look at my political beliefs and ask myself "am I an idiot?"

Way too funny
and I'd have to agree

edit on 1/15/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
My feelings are, If Ron Paul don't get elected for POTUS, then the US citizens deserves what ever erosion of freedoms and liberties, and also wealth and jobs, that anyone else would bring. The only other candidate even half worth anything is Romney. Obama can not win again, anything and everything must be done to stop his policies, their killing us and destroying the fabric of America. America only has a very few years left before we go the way of the USSR when they collapsed

you need to recognize the reality that the American public doesn't always get what they vote for...

many times in the past not only have the presidents not won the popular vote, and there have been claims of voting fraud

presidents are choosen with the electoral vote system, not the popular vote as you can see most recently with the 2000 presidential race. Gore won the popular vote, but Bush ended up claiming the victory.

there have even been times when neither candidate was won the electoral vote, and the House decided whom became president

In 1824, John Quincy Adams was elected president despite not winning either the popular vote or the electoral vote. Andrew Jackson was the winner in both categories. Jackson received 38,000 more popular votes than Adams, and beat him in the electoral vote 99 to 84. Despite his victories, Jackson didn’t reach the majority 131 votes needed in the Electoral College to be declared president. In fact, neither candidate did. The decision went to the House of Representatives, which voted Adams into the White House.

In 1876, Rutherford B. Hayes won the election (by a margin of one electoral vote), but he lost the popular vote by more than 250,000 ballots to Samuel J. Tilden.

In 1888, Benjamin Harrison received 233 electoral votes to Grover Cleveland’s 168, winning the presidency. But Harrison lost the popular vote by more than 90,000 votes.

In 2000, George W. Bush was declared the winner of the general election and became the 43rd president, but he didn’t win the popular vote either. Al Gore holds that distinction, garnering about 540,000 more votes than Bush. However, Bush won the electoral vote, 271 to 266.

www.factcheck.org...

please don't blame the public when clearly they are being scammed by a corrupt system

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I can't help but feel it is going to have to be a BIG NAME if this is some sort of announcement of a backer or running mate.

One does have to keep in mind ( this is, if voting still means a dang thing of course) that your regular Johnny on the street isn't going to really know many of the names we have been throwing around.

So, like I mentioned, it will have to be a VERY well known name to cover a big part of the board, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
George W. Bush endorses Ron Paul

You panicked for a minute didn't you?

I sure did. haha.

I would start pinching myself expecting to wake up.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Navyblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by Navyblue because: messed up quote

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStonerMessiah
Maybe he's taking Jesse Ventura up on his offer and running as an Independent ? I could really get behind that team ...
I would have to agree. JV would put them all in their place.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know if this is going to be aired on TV? i just scanned C-span but it is just running re-runs.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Link

“State Sen. Tom Davis announces his endorsement of Ron Paul tonight- "We need radical surgery not an aspirin"”

Well the rumors were true... wish there was a live feed tho!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Live stream of this special announcement; it is up right now:
[url=http://www.ustream.tv/cbsnews]-->LINK

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Lol Ugie, I would even think about putting on a msm to watch the news feed on the bottom, if I actually thought they might show something about Ron Paul, but even still, there are playoffs on yano! One must have priorities.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
Link

“State Sen. Tom Davis announces his endorsement of Ron Paul tonight- "We need radical surgery not an aspirin"”

Well the rumors were true... wish there was a live feed tho!

Agreed. There's nothing in the MSM about it (naturally), nothing. Frustrating.

Edit: kneverr added a link to a live feed.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kneverr

Thanks for the link, listening now

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kneverr

That's old stuff replayed.It's CSPAN....look at the on-screen time in upper right hand corner.

Here it is- www.ustream.tv...
edit on 15-1-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There is some confusion. I think this is the right feed. www.ustream.tv...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hopefully he's announcing his retirement.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry about that, updated the link a few minutes after. [url=http://www.ustream.tv/cbsnews]-->Link

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Hopefully he's announcing his retirement.

If he isn't elected you will regret it, for our Country's sake.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul just indicated in his rally that HE'S NOT ANTI WAR. He's for a strong national defense and that we go to war only when necessary and CONSTITUTIONALLY. We defend ourselves overwhelmingly and then come home, not stay like an empire does. The most important thing he said is that foreign entities like NATO and the United Nations shouldn't dictate our military actions. He is 100% for United States sovereignty.

He's the only candidate who's even mentioned the NDAA! He's talking about it now. The MSM hasn't even touched it.

You anti Paul trolls are doing nothing but spreading misinformation.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Im worried that this was announced on football sunday when most americans at home and outside are tuned to the games. This makes me mad that they would rather watch football rather than his speech

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Don't mind them, they are a small minority who are very insignificant around here. Of course Ron Paul is anti pointless war and that is a stance almost anyone with a brain can get around. Watching the live stream now and it's always refreshing to watch someone like him speak so logically, compared to his corrupt competition.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join