It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Plus Side, France Has Been Downgraded LOL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Speaks for itself

France has lost its AAA rating

As an Englishman I find that funny as fk! Lol

I hope thhat those Scottish separatists are taking notes lol
Source

edit on 13-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
LOL from London

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
France knew this was coming and in typical French fasion, rather than do something about it, like austerity. They choose to bleat about why the UK should be downgraded before them.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Perhaps they should do some more bending over to Germany hey?

Im sure they have a spare "A" some place lol

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I never knew the rivalry between European neighbors was so serious. Couldn't this downgrade mean an increase in poverty? I know that France and England have always had some competitive spirit against each other but this seems extreme. Don't worry, I know it goes both ways and a lot of French people probably say the same stuff back so I'm not judging as I'm not from there.

My view is that this is similar of a Canadian making fun of America's economic decline, or vice versa since things aren't perfect over here in Canada either. The way I see it is that these downgrades create hurdles for young families looking to get on their feet and buy their first home.

This is a sign of a great depression people.

edit on 13-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Speaks for itself

Source

Don't worry GB is next on the list.

2nd.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Speaks for itself

Source

Don't worry GB is next on the list.

2nd.

GB OWNS 3/4 of the WORLDS debt

I think England will be OK

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You are right.

The rivalry is pathetic and real people suffer.

In Greece, Athens, people are dumping their kids on the streets for aid agencies to take care of.

Join the Euro people!

Or not!

Meanwhile, in the UK, scotland wants an independence vote....

Join the Euro...

Some folks are born without brains!

But France?

LMFAO!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I was very drunk when I wrote this

However the laughter continues

ROLF

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I find is very amusing when this countries start bitching about their credit rating. Let's just stop for one minutes and reflect what it really means?

Standard and Poor's, which began rating insurance companies in the mid 1980s, assesses a company's Claims-Paying Ability–that is, its financial capacity to meet its insurance obligations. S&P forms its opinion by examining industry-specific risk, management factors, operating performance and capitalization. Industry-specific risk addresses the inherent risk in and diversity of the insurance business being underwritten. Management factors include how management defines its corporate strategy and the effectiveness of its operations and financial controls. Operating performance focuses on a company's trend for current and future earnings. For capitalization, S&P looks at the company's capital structure, its ability to raise capital, liquidity, and cash flow.

More can be found here

So basically S&P are like the school teacher giving the student their classroom results, "Good effect but needs to do more". They are obviously not listening in class... Tut tut tut...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I was very drunk when I wrote this

However the laughter continues

ROLF

I'm not drunk and I say 'Up yours Sarkozy!'.
I have nothing against the french people. In fact I feel for them with this arrogant martinet in charge.
As for 'rivalry', I see no 'rivalry' per se. Sarkozy has been belligerent towards the UK hence the general brit reaction. Yes our time will probably come. The whole house of cards is coming down irrespective of the actions of rating agencies. In the meantime I'll savour the moment.

edit on 14-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I never knew the rivalry between European neighbors was so serious.

We haven't been at war with France for over one hundred years now - but prior to that we had more or less been at constant war with each other for almost a thousand years - you can not eliminate that sort of natural mistrust and dislike of each other overnight.

The French in their smug arrogance don't even attempt to disguise their disgust for Britain, or maybe more specifically England, and they have a massive chip on their shoulder about the Second World War.
Unsuprisingly the surrender monkeys handed France to Germany on a plate without barely ashot being fired.
The vast majority of French willingly collaborated with their German occupiers.

In the meantime we in the UK, along with our Commonwealth friends and allies, remained steadfast in our resolve against Germany.
We provided safe haven for a small number of French and we armed and trained them.

When, along with the USA who by this time had been forced to join in, liberated France, De Gaulle, the 'Free French' leader, hated the fact that he had to rely on British help and subsequently did everything possible to harm and discredit the UK.

Since then France has been the prime mover in the anti-English / UK stance that the EU has always taken.

I don't fully understand all this credit business but I'll revel in anything that knocks French pride and arrogance and their standing on the world stage.

And don't be fooled, if it was the other way round and the UK was being downgraded there would be partying in the streets in France!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If war was to break out in Europe, this time I think the loser should be made to keep France.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I Guess its Karma for bombing Libya

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I Guess its Karma for bombing Libya

Why do we need France on our side against Al Qaeda and Taliban? So the French can show them how to surrender. Actually, going to war without France is like... well, going hunting without your accordion.
edit on 14-1-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Lame reason given.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interestingly I hear there is going to be a vote next week in France about changing their flag. They're planning to remove the two outer colors and keep the middle one.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here is a little tidbit of historical trivia that many here may not know. The French originally commissioned the Statue of Liberty for themselves and as she was nearing completion French leaders went to see her. They were aghast to discover that the nearly completed statue would never work in France as she has only one arm raised. To avoid the statue being a total loss they decided to give her to the US as a gift. That my friends is how the US got the statue that has become the symbol of American freedom.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I've been living in France for twenty years and this is the first time I have heard any hint of the French having anything against England! (I mean beyond what I've read going on centuries ago) It's like the same thing I hear from Americans about the french hating them, and yet, for some strange reason, you don't hear anyone criticize the american or the british here, it's all this awe-inspired praise all the time, copying of their fashions and symbols and all.

You know, for me it seems like a sort of sad idolization for the anglo-saxons, which isn't so attractive,
I'd kind of prefer seeing the arrogant attitude you guys are attributing to them, at least it would mean they weren't putting others on pedestals all the time, which is worse.

But because of this, I can't explain how totally unjust it seems to see them all dreaming and worshipping the anglosaxons- who I see doing nothing but put them down this way! Your arrogance would be perfectly appropriate towards many other nations who are your enemies and who act that way towards you- why not talk like this about your enemies, rather than your allies who idolize you? Oh..... because you know the ones that look up to you and adore you won't attack you for doing it, but your enemies might? I am embarrassed of my own people.
It's like a kid who gets bullied at school, so goes home to beat up the little brother that adores him.
Putting down Muslim fanatics is not PC, but say the same things about France, and suddenly it's all cool.

I keep it a secret, and I sit and listen to them swoon about the US and England, and their dreams of going there and how great they are, but sometimes I feel like telling them" forget it! They hate you! Their jokes are crass and cruel and you are always the butt of them! They live a life half as nice as yours and tell themselves you are trash! They hate you because of your friggin' love of them! Ever try to love someone who hates themself???
They end up disrespecting you because nobody that would like them so much could possibly be worth a damn!
They hate you because you love them so much! So start being as they wish you would and get arrogant, cruel, tell jokes about them and treat them as inferiors, as they do you!

I don't want to spread the hate and make it grow though. But I'm sorry, it is really screwed up.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Sounds like with 25 years experience you may be the perfect person to as. If France had a civil war, which side would surrender first?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

If it makes you feel any better I think the anti french feeling is purely bourne out of the British media. I also think that beyond the odd jibe, I don't think there is much anti French feeling at all. I think a few do not like your politicians, but then again who likes politicians anyway?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join