It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the Plus Side, France Has Been Downgraded LOL

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Besides the idiotic jokes, do you actually have any experience or knowledge of France? Or anything of any relevance to add to the topic here?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
To add to my previous post, another thing going against France is the European Union. The British public overwhelmingly do not wish to be a part of it and France is potrayed in the media of making decisions for the UK and bringing in EU laws that go against our wishes. Again all political and every normal French person I have ever met has been great.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The French have been enemies with England pretty much as long as both countries have existed, there have been brief moment of peace and alliance and the last hundred years or so have been peaceful.

I don't think there is any real dislike left on the English side. Its like a dysfunctional family that makes fun of each other, if another country came along and started making as much fun of the French as we do, we would be quite offended and probably start sticking up for France.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Besides the idiotic jokes, do you actually have any experience or knowledge of France? Or anything of any relevance to add to the topic here?

Seriously? Did you even read the title of the thread?

"On the Plus Side, France Has Been Downgraded LOL"

The whole thread is a joke, dark humor perhaps but a joke none the less. Do you really think the OP is seriously "LOLing" the downgrade? Or is he looking on with fear knowing this is yet another indicator the global economy is very bad and getting worse and the ones going down now will take the rest of us with them. Not unlike seeing someone fall down the stairs, there is nothing funny about them laying at the bottom of the stairs with a broken arm. But, you may have laughed at them on the way down because there is a fine line between humor and horror. What may be seen as "idiotic" by someone who has missed the context will be seen as "dark humor" by someone who has.

Besides, my recent trip to France did nothing to shake their reputation as cheese eating surrender monkeys. I was only trying to be nice, smiling, holding open doors and minding my manners and such but all they ever did was beg for mercy.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I live in the U.S traveled across many states and Don't know anyone that hates French people. Sure we poke fun, but thats just an American thing.

As for me I have nothing against the French, helped us in the Revolution gave us that kick-ass statue. Sorry about the credit downgrade though it was immature of you're leader whine about the Brits saying they should get a credit downgrade. However you can't judge a nation solely on their leaders.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Unsuprisingly the surrender monkeys handed France to Germany on a plate without barely ashot being fired.
The vast majority of French willingly collaborated with their German occupiers.

maybe OT; but i think it's only fair to wish you will have the opportunity to test your purported visceral fortitude in a real event like France experienced in 1940. surely the ~200k soldiers who died on the French side that summer dropped their loaded guns in an unfortunate way...

the chances for that scenario to happen appear much higher than you'd be willing to admit, too

either way, the people you are talking about are long dead and if you spread generalized hate against entire countries like that you shouldn't be surprised if the world will take note. your attitude goes to show what people have long suspected, (even outside CT forums), namely that banking is just another form of institutionalised warfare. do you honestly expect it will stay on the game board? i can't see that happening and the real deal is approaching every day, even if the front lines are as of yet just fragments of a larger puzzle.

PS: back on topic, without progressively increasing debt, the money supply shrinks, such is the nature of fractional reserve lending i can't see how anyone would applaud that mechanism because not only has it cost us prosperity and peace it will inevitably be our downfall if not exposed in time.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I never knew the rivalry between European neighbors was so serious.

It isn't, at least not amongst the normal, sane folk.
Anyone gloating over this in the way the previous posters did probably spends many evenings in the pub lamenting over the lost empire!
Just wait for the bulldog/poodle comments to start, then you know you're back in the early 1900's

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Seriously? Did you even read the title of the thread?

Yes I did. It is the downgrading of France. The LOL was the authors personal feelings about the topic, not the topic itself.

Besides, my recent trip to France did nothing to shake their reputation as cheese eating surrender monkeys. I was only trying to be nice, smiling, holding open doors and minding my manners and such but all they ever did was beg for mercy.

You took a trip to France? And you feel that was enough to get an indepth look and really get a chance to know if your predjudices about them are accurate or not? I had lots of pre-formed ideas too, before I came here. Took me a long time to even start seeing behind my false ideas. It takes some willingness to stop hidng behind the ideas that have been fed to you, to be open to truth.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

So, you are in France and don't know how to say "thank you" in French?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
reply to post by Bluesma

So, you are in France and don't know how to say "thank you" in French?

Of course I do! Is there some reason I should say thank you to YOU? For what? For continuuing to post insults about the french people? Or for admitting that you are doing so only because you are afraid for what looms in your own future?
Most people, when they become aware thay are only taking out their own fears on another, STOP doing it. You ended your honest acknowledgment with another insult to them.
So no merci's, (nor mercy- if you'll notice it is never said as a question, it is mercy being accorded to you, not asked of you) from me. Only a pluck yew. From me, my french children, french husband, french friends.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join