It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye?

There are many references in scripture that indicate that an eye for an eye is good justice. This notion that a penalty should fit the crime has even been adopted by most legal system in the world.

Leviticus 24:20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.

This rather good policy is often contradicted in other scriptures that call for death to sinners who have done much less in terms of harm or sin than causing a death. We are told to stone unruly children, fornicators, witches and so on to a rather long list.

God himself has either killed or had killed many, even children and babies who in no way could have killed anyone.

Scripture tells us to revere life yet God and many of the laws attributed to him seem to ignore completely any reverence to life. In fact, to me, scriptures seem to make life an extremely cheap commodity even as it shows how important we are supposed to be to God. His greatest achievement in fact that even angels are to bow before.

Should an eye for an eye be re-written by God and the bible to read ------ an eye for whatever the hell God, Jesus and the scriptures say?

This immoral killing goes right back to Eden with God killing Adam and Eve for following scripture and emulating God.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

When they did as asked, and this was recognized by God himself; Gen 3: 22 Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: He killed them by withholding the tree of life.

This issue of indiscriminate killing is an important contradiction in scriptures.

What do you think God’s law is?

An eye for an eye or the punishment should fit the sin; or, kill even if the victim to be has not come anywhere near killing?

Regards
DL

www.youtube.com.../u/4/0ny-CDU4EFs

www.evilbible.com...




posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.



Sounds about right wouldn't you say?




posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The 'eye for an eye' precept, exists in several cosmological treatises...it is a precept designed not for the commission by man, but by god (whoever you believe this is).

It does not translate well, when being commissioned by man because, all the intricacies of a situation, both worldly and non-worldly cannot be seen, and therefore, mistakes in its human commission occur.

Akushla



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 

What do you think God’s law is?

When the NT was written, you had the Roman legal system so Christians realized that was now God's Law.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I'll admit, I didn't read all your post, but I got the general idea. And I am all for killing when it comes to people that earned it. God is too, as the world will find out soon enough.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611
 

. . . as the world will find out soon enough.

And this gives you a feeling of satisfaction?
Have you talked to anyone about this problem you have of hating people and being generally anti-social?
What if all the people in the world just continue living, is that going to make you angry?
I think you should ask Jesus in your heart and to start caring about other people and to work to bring social justice to the world, as Jesus did and commands us to do, rather than following this doctrine of demons where you gloat over the suffering of others.



posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611
 

I'm reluctant to speak about your post until I'm sure I understand it.

And I am all for killing when it comes to people that earned it.
Who are the people who have "earned" it? People who attck you and you have to kill to protect other lives? Enemy soldiers in a war? People the state have sentenced to death in a legitimate legal system? Anybody else?


God is [all for killing] too, as the world will find out soon enough
I know death will happen and judgment, but what is this "soon enough," and what do you mean by God is all for it?



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Seems so. We have to be punished for our sins. Jesus suffered the punishment for us.



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


And this gives you a feeling of satisfaction?
No, it gives me the feeling of
...as I clearly posted


Have you talked to anyone about this problem you have of hating people and being generally anti-social?
What if all the people in the world just continue living, is that going to make you angry?

I don't hate people. I'm just smart enough to know some people need killing. Easy as that bud.

I think you should ask Jesus in your heart and to start caring about other people and to work to bring social justice to the world, as Jesus did and commands us to do, rather than following this doctrine of demons where you gloat over the suffering of others.

First of all....."social justice" what?!?!
Second, I am saved and the opinion I have on killing people who earned it is the Biblical Doctrine all Christians are suppose to have. If they don't, it means they are ignorant of the Holy Bible.
Third, I don't gloat over the suffering of others. I just acknowledge it as coming from God. God is long suffering remember?.....not eternally suffering. God will have His vengeance. You better be on the right team. And the "social justice" team is not the right team
You do know God works "evil" as well as working "good" right?



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952
 



I'm reluctant to speak about your post until I'm sure I understand it.
Well at least your honest! And this one statment makes you smarter than 95% of the people that post to me!
Including the above babe ↑.



Who are the people who have "earned" it? People who attack you and you have to kill to protect other lives? Enemy soldiers in a war? People the state have sentenced to death in a legitimate legal system? Anybody else?
I will leave that answer for you to find out. But I will give you a hint, the answer is found in the Holy Bible! (And in the New Testament too, not the Old! So no queer, witch, or child killing here).....(unless they earned it too!) Also, the USA gets their laws regarding capital punishment from the same place.


I know death will happen and judgment, but what is this "soon enough," and what do you mean by God is all for it?

Talking about the tribulation. God is all for it.........in fact...He causes it, directly. Revelation 6:1.... And you know what the reaction from Heaven and myself is to this event of mass killing??? (If your a Christian it will be the same) Read Revelation 19:1-6 and you will see how I will act after God kills a whole religion and the people in it. ALLELUIA......


Get right with God through His Son Jesus Christ, peoples...or prepare to burn.


edit on 14-1-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611
 

the opinion I have on killing people who earned it is the Biblical Doctrine all Christians are suppose to have. If they don't, it means they are ignorant of the Holy Bible.

I think it is a made-up philosophy that is not biblical but uses a patchwork of little bits of text taken out of context, misinterpreted and arranged into a spliced rearrangement and forced to say something that was never intended by the writers of the Bible.

First of all....."social justice" what?!?!
God will have His vengeance. You better be on the right team. And the "social justice" team is not the right team You do know God works "evil" as well as working "good" right?
No, I don't "know" that.
Destruction did happen, as in the temple of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD, but other descriptions of "end of the world" destruction in Mathew and Revelation are symbolic of a destruction, on a spiritual level, of social injustice, which we are tasked to carry out by spreading the truth of Jesus and by works of good for others and being kind and loving and understanding and forgiving, of others.
I think you need to be on the right side of this for your own judgment which will happen at the end of your life, and long before the world ever ends.

edit on 14-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.



Sounds about right wouldn't you say?



As compared to all the places where we are told to kill for infractions that are less than killing, sure.

Thing is, is we are to follow God's law, we have no idea what it is because of scriptural contradictions.

Who is insane enough to hand their souls on contradictions.

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
The 'eye for an eye' precept, exists in several cosmological treatises...it is a precept designed not for the commission by man, but by god (whoever you believe this is).

It does not translate well, when being commissioned by man because, all the intricacies of a situation, both worldly and non-worldly cannot be seen, and therefore, mistakes in its human commission occur.

Akushla


And just where does that indecision leave you if you have to administer justice?

Do you land on the kill side or the eye for an eye side?

You are on the bench. Judge.

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Greatest I am
 

What do you think God’s law is?

When the NT was written, you had the Roman legal system so Christians realized that was now God's Law.


But which law.
The kill for minor infractions or the eye for an eye?

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


I'll admit, I didn't read all your post, but I got the general idea. And I am all for killing when it comes to people that earned it. God is too, as the world will find out soon enough.


Thanks for the fear mongering.
You have learned well from your God.

So you would stone unruly children then.

Even your own?

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by KJV1611
 

. . . as the world will find out soon enough.

And this gives you a feeling of satisfaction?
Have you talked to anyone about this problem you have of hating people and being generally anti-social?
What if all the people in the world just continue living, is that going to make you angry?
I think you should ask Jesus in your heart and to start caring about other people and to work to bring social justice to the world, as Jesus did and commands us to do, rather than following this doctrine of demons where you gloat over the suffering of others.


+ 1

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Seems so. We have to be punished for our sins. Jesus suffered the punishment for us.


So it take being punished twice for the same infraction to appease your God does it?

As to your substitutionary atonement.
You really like to see the innocent be murdered so that the guilty can walk away eh.
Nothing like trying to profit from murder. Sick.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I am sure that a rape victim will be pleased to bump into her rapist the next day. Good closure for her that.

Re-think. Your soul is at stake and your immoral stance is suited for Satan.

Regards
DL



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 

But which law.
The kill for minor infractions or the eye for an eye?

Paul said the civil authorities (Roman) were authorized by God to deal with criminals, so in the Christian system, we don't inflict punishments for crimes, ourselves because the government already deals with that, but at the same time, we are not to enter into the system to deal with issues between each other (other Christians) but to resolve these issues "in-house" so to speak (presupposing, of course, that we are not blatant criminals, being Christian, but only have disagreements).
edit on 14-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
An eye for an eye does not apply to Christians, revenge is sinful. For Jesus said in Matthew 5:39 - "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."



posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am
 


How can you judge me of liking murder? Jesus' death seems sorrowful to me, but He took on the sins of the whole world. Either you accept this or die in your sins. You act as we have an alternative to salvation. It is only our pride which tells us we can be saved without God's grace. Without faith, no work can get you into heaven. Yet faith alone is not enough. Nothing unholy will enter heaven.
edit on 14-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join