It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit.

Adam and eve are a myth... Its well known that the world is much older then 6k years... thus adam and eve were not the "first" people on earth...

This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth,"

Would you mind showing where it says this?

God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

God didn't crucify Jesus... man did... Though as i've said, God knew it would happen... because he knew the hearts of man...

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

More of the myth of Creation... The physical world is chaotic... everything is eventually destroyed...

Its in mans nature to also destroy... and sin is a subjective word either way... Its mans mission to overcome his nature to "sin"... This world is a learning ground... even a school if you will...

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

God knew that it was in our nature as he created all beings to destroy... Its up to us to overcome that nature... as i've said...

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

I've already explained that... there was a need to send his son to show the rest of his children the path... Jesus made the sacrifice of his own will... and he knew that he would not die on that pole... only his body would die...

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

I can't defend Christianity because im not christian... you have whatever beliefs you want about the religion...

Your agreement with human sacrifice shows your immorality.

You don't know anything about me.... so you can assume whatever makes you feel right... remember you only make an ass out of u not me when you "assume"... so enjoy yourself.

I don't have a problem with sacrifice... sometimes its needed... I sacrifice the needs of the flesh every day of my life...

Jesus made his own choice to sacrifice himself to this world... it was the will of his father to show us the path... Both of whom knew what would happen to him when he came to this world... the world would hate him because he spoke the truth of the world, and of the spirit...

Any other questions or assumptions you'd like to make?

edit on 25-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A perfect example of, even as we agree on some things, I generally ignore you.

You are righ. It is all a myth so I do not know why you defend it as real and use Jesus as if he were.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
A perfect example of, even as we agree on some things, I generally ignore you.

You are righ. It is all a myth so I do not know why you defend it as real and use Jesus as if he were.

Regards
DL

simply because what is written about Jesus still holds true to this day... Its pure truth, and undeniable...

And since you've said you "generally ignore me" for the second time... i might also point out You don't generally ignore me...

but i'll let you believe whatever you like

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Jesus commands are out of love. It is you who do not understand. No one needs to be subjected to any type of abuse. The person beating his wife should be put in jail. This is why we have laws for the lawless. The law that puts him in jail also entitles her to a divorce. Jesus is not commanding anyone to stay in an abusive relationship.

You turn for help from man's law and ignore God's.
That is wise.
Jesus was commanding that people stay in abusive relationships.
He is not saying ignore the law of God and turn to man's law.
You can play with your interpretation of the words but the words remain.
Let no man put asunder.

Regards
DL

You have no idea what you are saying. The bible says the laws are for the lawless; I did not turn from God but listened to him. He said to listen to the authorities and follow their laws, but do not do what they do. The authorities have judged the abusive man to prison, and allowed the wife to leave the abusive relationship. I listen to God perfectly, but you choose only the verses that suit your purpose. Since you do not understand the bible I would suggest you listen to those who do.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Of course it was God's plan that Eve eat the fruit and that his Son would sacrifice a body of flesh in order to perfect our spiritual bodies. Do you not see that the creation is based on the principal of cause and effect? God wanted man to have all the wisdom of God, to know good and evil. We were created to find him, he could have easily created zombies that only worshiped him, but this is not what he desired. He desired to create us in his image and teach us good and evil. In this way we might truly love him and be an intelligent creation that can share in his glory.

He created us with the desire to love and to be selfish, in this way we may learn how to love. Class is in session are you learning anything? Why don’t you spend less time worrying about what is perishable and start nurturing that which will not perish? You can spend your whole life trying to satisfy your flesh which is here today and gone tomorrow or you could start to satisfy your spirit that will not die. Love is the only way to satisfy your spirit, learn to love and you will find your life.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Jesus sacrifice on the cross is what cleanses our spirits. It is through his sacrifice that we can be certain of our resurrection. When Jesus healed the paralyzed man he first said I forgive your sins, then the Pharisees accused him of blaspheme. Then Jesus said so that you know the son of man has the authority to forgive sins he said get up and walk.

So that you know the son of man, Jesus has the authority to forgive your sins and promise you eternal life he was sacrificed for you, so that through his resurrection you may be made perfect. You see unless you believe in the resurrection than you can’t believe that you were forgiven, nor can you be certain of your resurrection. You cannot be made perfect until you accept these things.

It is indeed through the blood of Christ, poured out on the cross that we may be certain that the son of man had the authority that he claimed to have. Anything less than his death and resurrection would not have been proof. This is the way God choose to prove to us that we were loved and eternal. Who am I to question his wisdom?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Of course it was God's plan that Eve eat the fruit and that his Son would sacrifice a body of flesh in order to perfect our spiritual bodies. Do you not see that the creation is based on the principal of cause and effect? God wanted man to have all the wisdom of God, to know good and evil.

If so, why did God throw his hissy fit when A & E did just that?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Jesus sacrifice on the cross is what cleanses our spirits. It is through his sacrifice that we can be certain of our resurrection. When Jesus healed the paralyzed man he first said I forgive your sins, then the Pharisees accused him of blaspheme. Then Jesus said so that you know the son of man has the authority to forgive sins he said get up and walk.

So that you know the son of man, Jesus has the authority to forgive your sins and promise you eternal life he was sacrificed for you, so that through his resurrection you may be made perfect. You see unless you believe in the resurrection than you can’t believe that you were forgiven, nor can you be certain of your resurrection. You cannot be made perfect until you accept these things.

It is indeed through the blood of Christ, poured out on the cross that we may be certain that the son of man had the authority that he claimed to have. Anything less than his death and resurrection would not have been proof. This is the way God choose to prove to us that we were loved and eternal. Who am I to question his wisdom?

You limit God's options. He could have found many ways that are better than murdering his own son.

Even the bible agrees.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I did not nor do not limit God. I simply by faith believe what he said. He could have done anything he wanted and indeed did do what he wanted. Which is to send his son to teach us the way and by his sacrifice prove we were forgiven and eternal.
edit on 27-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I did not nor do not limit God. I simply by faith believe what he said. He could have done anything he wanted and indeed did do what he wanted. Which is to send his son to teach us the way and by his sacrifice prove we were forgiven and eternal.
edit on 27-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Then by all means, try to ride your scapegoat Jesus into heaven.

If you believe that God would break his WORD and accept bribes, be prepared to be hell bound real quick.

Jesus said to take your cross and follow him but if you think he meant to jump on his back with the extra weight and have him take your responsibility and duty, then your line, the line to profit from his murder forms on the right.
The line to heaven is on the left.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join