It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
An eye for an eye does not apply to Christians, revenge is sinful. For Jesus said in Matthew 5:39 - "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

And that works for you does it?

If a man rapes your wife, what do you do? Offer your daughter as his next?

Recognize that most of what was put into Jesus' mouth was un-workable rhetoric.

How about the women who cannot divorce their husbands that beat them twice a week because Jesus will not change his divorce policy that says, let no man put asunder.

Regards
DL

That is why Christ did not do away with the law my friend. As a Christian we should turn the other cheek. For the lawless we are to hand them over to those that enforce the laws.

1 Timothy 1:9 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,

Thanks for the dodge.

Would you deny that woman a divorce or would you tell her to ignore the words of God and Jesus and get one?

If you are just going to bob and weave then do not bother us with a hypocritical reply.

Do you follow Jesus on this or not?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Greatest I am

That would be called idolatry.

Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before me.

First commandment.

Jesus broke the first commandment then when he said, only through me.

What once took the Trinity has been usurped by Jesus alone.

Unless you want to play around with the word "me" of course.

Christians tend to butcher common language to whatever they want it to mean anyway or use the old, it is out of context B S.

I see that you are not man enough to recant your lie above. Quite the Christian.
God know you now as one who has yet to repent.

Regards
DL
edit on 23-1-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

How can you judge me of liking murder? Jesus' death seems sorrowful to me, but He took on the sins of the whole world. Either you accept this or die in your sins. You act as we have an alternative to salvation. It is only our pride which tells us we can be saved without God's grace. Without faith, no work can get you into heaven. Yet faith alone is not enough. Nothing unholy will enter heaven.
edit on 14-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

Sorrowful but not enough to get you out of the line to profit from his murder.
One would expect Satan to do what you are doing.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Only God can draw out good from evil. If you do not profit from His murder in hell you will be because He knew what was coming and did it for the sake of convicting the world of its sins and saving mankind from death everlasting.
edit on 23-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

2 Kings 14:6
But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

You will note what scripture says about you putting your sins onto someone else.
This is just one of many but those like you who would profit from the murder of an innocent man do not care what the WORD says.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

I admit that even as a 'Christian' (Disciple of Christ) I don't have a full and complete understanding of Gods Law. I do know that Biblical Scripture says that it is impossible to know and comprehend the mind of God so anything you or I say will just ultimately be speculation. I do know that in Matthew Jesus told His disciples that he hadn't come to abolish the Law of Moses (Levitical Law) but rather to fulfill it because we humans are incapable of doing so.

I think (this is just my opinion) that the Old Law of an eye for an eye or the Law of Blood Atonement is fulfilled by Jesus and that we are now commanded to live by the law of love and forgiveness. Paul said that we were to be lead by the Spirit of God rather than the Law. That is what I think.

What does a God need with blood? Especially the blood of his own son?
You want to know God's law yet you butcher his WORD.

Hear the WORD of God and stop trying to profit from the murder of Jesus.

www.youtube.com...

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Perhaps God knew Jesus was going to die, and he sent him anyways to show how much he loves ALL of his children...

sadly he did not have to die, but his own followers would not defend him... and even denied him...

It can be shown that Jesus didn't want to die either, but he submitted to his fathers will... and showed no fear in doing so because he knew life after death is a fact.

And IF he didn't die, how else could he have returned from the dead to prove the afterlife is real?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Gods ways are not our ways. His 'justice' is to have children with cancer or for innocents to be washed away in tsunamis. That's not an eye for an eye. Those kids don't deserve to be all diseased. Likewise, others in high positions get away with murder and theft. So I say that definately Gods justice is NOT an eye for an eye. At least not here on earth ...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Gods ways are not our ways. His 'justice' is to have children with cancer or for innocents to be washed away in tsunamis. That's not an eye for an eye. Those kids don't deserve to be all diseased. Likewise, others in high positions get away with murder and theft. So I say that definately Gods justice is NOT an eye for an eye. At least not here on earth ...

One question...

How do you know these children/people you mentioned did not deserve what happened to them?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Perhaps God knew Jesus was going to die, and he sent him anyways to show how much he loves ALL of his children...

sadly he did not have to die, but his own followers would not defend him... and even denied him...

It can be shown that Jesus didn't want to die either, but he submitted to his fathers will... and showed no fear in doing so because he knew life after death is a fact.

And IF he didn't die, how else could he have returned from the dead to prove the afterlife is real?

LOL.

Sure. He loved all of his children but not Jesus. No man who loves his son will set a condition that includes his murder when there is no need to.

If God did love his son and needed a divine death, then he would have stepped up himself.

Is that not what any of us would do?

Or are fathers supposed to bury their sons and not the other way around.

What would you do?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

No argument friend.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

LOL.

Sure. He loved all of his children but not Jesus. No man who loves his son will set a condition that includes his murder when there is no need to.

If God did love his son and needed a divine death, then he would have stepped up himself.

What would you do?

Regards
DL

As with everything... his life and death had a purpose...

IF i was God... then being God i would know that Jesus (even though he suffered a horible death) would still be fine after his passing... Death should not be feared, though his torture was something he definately feared... but this is due to "physical pain"... Fear of pain is obviously something that everyone has.

Now myself being God... i would know that his life and death would show the path to all that choose to listen... Thus "awakening" millions of my children to the reality that life after death is a real thing, not just a myth...

Understanding this reality brings peace and harmony to the soul... and destroys the real fear of death.

IF i were God i would also obviously understand the sacrifice that was needed to open my childrens eyes...

IF i were God... i would send my son to show the rest of my children the way... and guide them in their time of need.

12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

But how much "greater" is the love of God when he sends his son to lay down his life for ALL?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

One question...How do you know these children/people you mentioned did not deserve what happened to them?

Seriously? What on earth could a two year old child have done to deserve cancer .. the pain of the disease, the pain of the treatments, the terror, ... what could a baby have done to deserve death by terror and drowning in a tsunami on Christmas Eve? Answer - not a thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

One question...How do you know these children/people you mentioned did not deserve what happened to them?

Seriously? What on earth could a two year old child have done to deserve cancer .. the pain of the disease, the pain of the treatments, the terror, ... what could a baby have done to deserve death by terror and drowning in a tsunami on Christmas Eve? Answer - not a thing.

Answer: I do not know... Only God does...

Those particular persons past lives might have led to such things happening to them in this life...

There is a purpose behind all things my friend

edit on 23-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Jesus commands are out of love. It is you who do not understand. No one needs to be subjected to any type of abuse. The person beating his wife should be put in jail. This is why we have laws for the lawless. The law that puts him in jail also entitles her to a divorce. Jesus is not commanding anyone to stay in an abusive relationship.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Perhaps you should be God, seeing that your wisdom far surpasses his. You question what you do not know. How about we just accept that the Spiritual Body that lives for eternity is far more important than the physical body that passes away.

I imagine whatever happens to our physical body is for the benefit of the Spiritual body. Those things that I do not understand, I humble myself and accept God’s wisdom is greater than mine.

I recommend you try letting God be God. I am certain that the wisdom of the one who created all things far surpasses the wisdom of the created.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Jesus was not just man but God.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

LOL.

What would you do?

Regards
DL

As with everything... his life and death had a purpose...

IF i was God... then being God i would know that Jesus (even though he suffered a horible death) would still be fine after his passing... Death should not be feared, though his torture was something he definately feared... but this is due to "physical pain"... Fear of pain is obviously something that everyone has.

Now myself being God... i would know that his life and death would show the path to all that choose to listen... Thus "awakening" millions of my children to the reality that life after death is a real thing, not just a myth...

Understanding this reality brings peace and harmony to the soul... and destroys the real fear of death.

IF i were God i would also obviously understand the sacrifice that was needed to open my childrens eyes...

IF i were God... i would send my son to show the rest of my children the way... and guide them in their time of need.

12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

But how much "greater" is the love of God when he sends his son to lay down his life for ALL?

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Your agreement with human sacrifice shows your immorality.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Jesus commands are out of love. It is you who do not understand. No one needs to be subjected to any type of abuse. The person beating his wife should be put in jail. This is why we have laws for the lawless. The law that puts him in jail also entitles her to a divorce. Jesus is not commanding anyone to stay in an abusive relationship.

You turn for help from man's law and ignore God's.
That is wise.
Jesus was commanding that people stay in abusive relationships.
He is not saying ignore the law of God and turn to man's law.
You can play with your interpretation of the words but the words remain.
Let no man put asunder.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Perhaps you should be God, seeing that your wisdom far surpasses his. You question what you do not know. How about we just accept that the Spiritual Body that lives for eternity is far more important than the physical body that passes away.

I imagine whatever happens to our physical body is for the benefit of the Spiritual body. Those things that I do not understand, I humble myself and accept God’s wisdom is greater than mine.

I recommend you try letting God be God. I am certain that the wisdom of the one who created all things far surpasses the wisdom of the created.

Only if you can prove that you are created. Till then, morals should guide you and bible God is in no way moral.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Jesus was not just man but God.

He was not of the line of David as prophesied and if God, you might remember that God cannot die.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You are not punished for your sins, but by them. Also you are not rewarded for your actions but by them.

If God is an absolute being, is there absolute justice? (look up definition of absolute)

To learn more about this theory, please this ebook

www.yogebooks.com...

For a different perspective on Jesus, please read Mystic Christianity

www.consciouslivingfoundation.org...

Also, Karma ties into the idea that Jesus died for our sins (the idea though that Jesus died for our sins is a perversion of the fact that Jesus lifted a considerable amount of karma/sin from the world, read Christianity to know what im talking about the author explains it)
Also remembered the 'virgin birth' pertains to Jesus being born with no prior karma

edit on 25-1-2012 by MoeSantana because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join