It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who built the pyramids?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordRothschild
Ok, there are pyramids in the sydonia region of mars, as well as structures that resemble a face. Now the main streem media would have us belive that they are natural structures on the surface of mars. But infact, when the subject was looked at by all the experts, they said it would be "impossable" for somthing like that just apear natually.

The 'face' on mars has been shown to merely be an optical illusion, its just a vaguely face like shape. The cydonian pyramids and whatnot are also just things that are claimed ot be structures, and then people usually draw lines connecting them and say that the arrangement is 'unlikely' and therefore its man made. Very few actual experts have said that they are man (or martian) made.

It is'nt just a sand, they are stone structures. You look at the pictures of the pyramids on mars, and look at the pictures of the structure that is looks like a face. How could a structure of that sort be natural.
I've seen lots of stuff in random static patterns. I've seen clouds that looked like stuff. Some people find potato chips that look liek presidents, or oil stains that look like the virgin mary.

I dont know, no one really knows, but theres just know way they made them 100% completely on their own.

Why?

When you look at it, all these advanced civilizations just apeared out of know where around the same time.

They arose out of similiar more primitive 'societies' and didn't occur at the same time.

So you expect me to belive humans went from wondering tribes that hunted for food for 100's of 1000's of years, and the WAM!! pyramids, huge stone structures advanced forms of gov't ect.
No, I wouldn't find that beleivable either. But thats not what historians archaeologists, anthropolgists and ethnologists are claiming happened.

It it was humans alone that where behind these events, we would see a gradual rise in technology and civilization over a period of time, but we dont.

Incorrect, one most certainly does find a progressive, especially and particularly in pyramid building, from walled complexes to platfroms to mastabas to stacks to a range of successful and unsuccesful pyramids to eventually 'proper' pyramids.

If you can come up with an explanation for all this I would love to see.

I think you need to do some more research on the subject if you think that these civilizations popped up fully formed out of nothing.

I would like to belive me ppl were among the most intellegent in the world. But even main streem history and science recognizes that all these advanced civilizations just apeared out of know where.

No, it doesn't.

Main streem history and science also even recognizes that the spix is wayyyyy older than the egyptain civilization.

No, it doesn't either. There is a suggestion from one researcher that the weathering patterns on the sphinx indicate it went thru a long period of being rained on, and that that suggests it existed when the region was 'greener' which was a very long time ago. I haven't seen all the evidence regarding it but I am inclined to think that he might very well be correct. However that doesn't make the pyramids or even egyptian civilization equivalently as old, and it certainly doesn't require aliens to carve a large rock into a lion shape.

Where did it come from?

You suggest that its more reasonable to beleive that aliens broke the known laws of physics to come here and teach some 'wandering tribes' how to cut big rocks to make them look like lions and then left? Rather than the natives figuring it out themselves?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You never see a psychiatrer --- like me -- big/ good story --sure!!!

regards chapo

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
ALIENS DID NOT CONSTRUCT ANY PYRAMIDS. . . ANYONE BELIEVING IN SUCH NONSENSE NEEDS TO LIBERATED OF BREATHING., NONETHELESS, WHO REALLY BUILT THE PYRAMIDS? THEY ARE THE ISRAELITES. WHILE THEY WERE SLAVES IN EGYPT, THEY CONSTRUCTED THE PYRAMIDS. ALSO, THEY RULED EGYPT FOR 400 YRS. JOSEPH IS AN ISRAELITE AND HE WAS MADE PHAROAH OVER ALL THE LAND OF EGYPT. THE OTHER ISRAELITES WHO RULED AFTER HIM WERE KNOWN AS "HYSKSOS" OR SHEPERD KINGS. THE PEOPLE WHO BUILD THE PYRAMIDS IN EGYPT ARE THE SAME ONES WHO BUILT THEM IN MESOAMERICA.
THE DARK LORD OF THE SITH SPEAKING
LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL REPLIES.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Firstly I would like to say that I am not here to cause confusion or debate anyone as some wolud suggest. I like the others here wish to come to a plausable explanation of who built the Pyramids and why.

I did a post on this subject which was locked. I hope I can offer another explanation of the building of the Pyramids. All I ask is that you look at the information that I will provide and decide for yourself.

Some Points

It seems a bit odd that a structure such as the Great Pyramid was built to bury a King in, no matter how great he was. Let's for a minute throw away all of the historical documents that could be forgeries and look at some facts.

Whoever built the Great Pyramid had to have a vast Knowledge of all the measurements of the Earth and of "pi ", which we know the Egyptians could have not known for it is not used in any of the other Pyramids which were failed copies of the Great.

There is also something odd concerning the Sphinx, why would there be only ONE ? there are many inferior Sphinxes in front of other temples or pyramids and usually there are at least two, one on each side of the structure, in some cases there are 20 or more Sphinxes in front of the Temple.

All this brings me to a conclusion.

The Great Pyramid was a Temple and not a Tomb
That it was God that inspired it's building and God that designed it
That the Sphinx is actually one of 26 Lions (Sphinx) that stood before the Great Pyramid

2Ch 9:17 Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with pure gold.
2Ch 9:18 And there were six steps to the throne, with a footstool of gold, which were fastened to the throne, and stays on each side of the sitting place, and two lions standing by the stays: [stays: Heb. hands]
2Ch 9:19 And twelve lions stood there on the one side and on the other upon the six steps. There was not the like made in any kingdom.

Re 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
7 And the first beast was like a lion , and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

In front of the Throne of God there were Cherubim that had a face of a man and the body of the Lion.

We also see that King Solomon built 26 Lions (Sphinx) to sit before God's Temple, these 26 Lions were greater than any other like structures anywhere in the World.

Inside the Kings Chamber there still sits a coffer ( the Ark Of The Covenant was also refered to as a "coffer" ) the coffer is the same size as the Ark of the Covenant

Also

In the inner room (the kings chamber) of the Temple King Solomon built there was two Golden Cherubim whose total wingspan equalled 34 ft, the same as the width of the Kings Chamber.

Here are some Interesting Links, some with biblical info and the other historical.
www.pyramidsarenotamystery.net...
www.eternalthroneofdavid.com...
www.gizapyramid.com...
www.gizapyramid.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
LAST DAY PROPHET, I ADMIRE YOUR INTENSE RESEARCH. HERE IS THE TRUE ANSWERS

THE SPHINX IN EGYPT IS OF JOSEPH; IT IS HIS FACE.
CHERUBIMS ARE FOUR WINGED ANGELS
AS FOR THE LIONS, THE TRIBE OF JUDAH SYMBOL IS A LION; KING SOLOMON IS OF THE BLOODLINE JUDAH, ONE OF THE TWELVE FAMILIES OF ISRAEL

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I heard an interesting theory that when the atlantian empire fell(if it ever existed), there were some survivors who went to Egypt for refuge. It is said that they gave the Egyptions the knowledge to build the pyramids.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by BirdsEyeView]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Main streem history and science also even recognizes that the spix is wayyyyy older than the egyptain civilization.

I heard on a TV program about egipit that they just caved a natral rock formation that look a bit like a lion. And defined its face and body and stuff. That would explain why it apearse old.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the answer is obvious:the Egyptians

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
...their slaves did. We have record of the Hebrew people taking part in it. Now the designers were probably Egyptian. When you have a grand empire, it's almost mandatory that you have to build a massive monument or three. Great wall, Pantheon, Taj Mahal, etc. Big = powerful. Aliens? What in the universe would an alien want to do with such a trivial project? Isn't there a thread in the space-time continuum they could unravel or something? Sheesh...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
If you accept the record written in the Bible, it clearly states ,who built the Great Pyramid ( King Solomon ) , why it was built ( A Temple For God To Dwell ) , why it became desolate ( the rebellion of King Solomon's Son ) , how long it took to build (20 years) where it was located ( in the midst of Egypt and on the border thereof ) how the blocks were moved (by sleds made from the wood of lebanon) how many workers were there ( 153,000 +people) and it also stated that it was a "World Wonder" there was even proof left in the form of the coffer in the Kings Chamber, which is the size of the Ark Of The Covenant.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It has also been proven that they did not use slaves later on.

Originally posted by saint4God
...their slaves did. We have record of the Hebrew people taking part in it. Now the designers were probably Egyptian. When you have a grand empire, it's almost mandatory that you have to build a massive monument or three. Great wall, Pantheon, Taj Mahal, etc. Big = powerful. Aliens? What in the universe would an alien want to do with such a trivial project? Isn't there a thread in the space-time continuum they could unravel or something? Sheesh...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Xabora]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Egyptians built the Pyramids

If you want proof in writting and cant find it, it could be due to a fire in the great library. If you need evidence in stone its all there.

Egypt has an abundance of sand and all you need to do is poor sand fom a vessel on to the same spot and you have a conical pyramid. To stabilize this and make it workable you need to step it e.g. saqquarra, evolve this theory and you get Giza.

There is evidence to show at least the majority of labour was voluntary, as the workers all though worked hard were fed and looked after to a high standard.

Look at the armys of the world today
They face life and death for belief and lifestyle

Lets put this baby to rest and give the ancients the credit they deserve

Pyramids are present in many Equatorial regions of the world.
This is due primarilly because it works and secondly because there has always been a sky above and we want to reach it
Same reasons we use a ladder to change a light bulb

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The Egyptians did not have the means to survey the ground UNDER the Great pyramid... Whoever built the pyramid knew the sand would not swallow it up .....

Egyptians may have slave labored but they were NOT the engineers.....

~peace

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Get over the slave labour theory. Evidence suggest that they lived better than most of the other echelons of life. You dont need an Engineers degree to know that a rock plateau is a rock plateau. Are you also saying they needed engineers to find a Quarry site too. They did not just arrive and build a pyramid. They lived for tens of thousands of years if not hundreds of thousands of years along the nile. This would have been the main route for the out of Africa Theory. They new the area very well. The pyramids at giza were preceeded by many other pyramids. Learning is as much about trial an error as it is a petri dish. Who knows you might even find a pyramid sideways burried under the desert somewhere in Egypt. The spinx wasnt built more so carved out of the natural plateau and then perhaps added too

Spare a thought for the Egyptians Being denied their true place in history. Innocent until proven guilty and where is the evidents that say unequivicably that there was assistance from any other means.
When the balance tips in your favour I will conceed your point

JD7

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The answer as to who and how the pyramids were built will never answered in absolute terms. The passage of time has a way of blurring what really happened. It's quite possible that a pyramid can be built from manual means suggested so far or and extraterrestial or very sophisticated hereunto not currently used methods. What's interesting is the way human nature wants to cling to one theory or the other. The carpenter who has a website showing how he can move large blocks of stone through simple means has in part a subconsous agenda if you read between the lines (this is not to single him out - this can be found in many people), perhaps a better term would be personal bias. But on his site he goes on to describe how to do what he decribes and this can be very usefull knowledge in certain cases. But at once place on the site his wording suggests (in part at least) that he is out to disprove extraterrestrials. There seems to be two types of people who like to solve a mystery. Those who like to to follow their spirit to dispell the mystery and those who like to follow the mystery for their spirit. On the other hand those who insist extraterrestrials built the pyramid(in part at least) want to deny simple explanations because it might kill the mystery and hence rob their spirit. Again going the other way those who think it was done in very simple and easy to understand ways could be threatened that their whole framework of understanding the world could come crashing down, needing a total evaluation for a new perspective. The question of who and how the pyramids were built is so much clouded by our perceptions. Ask two people about the details of who and how their local community centre was built just last year and no doubt although they may agree on some things they are certain to disagree on many other things. And we are going to get to the bottom of something thousands of years ago?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Learn to read bruh....

I said they MAY have slave labored on them.... I highly doubt if they even did that much....

The great pyramids mass weight is in the vicinity of 18 empire state buildings... There is no way of knowing a rock plateau would support the structure....Unless you surveyed DEEP underground. Something that CANNOT be done with a shovel.

As for the sphinx.... Egyptians built it to honor Lucifer for gifting them with the cat. The cat enabled civilization. Before the cat came on the scene man could not stay in one place year round because the mice ate the grain that was stored to get them thru the months that did not promote growth.

The cat ate the mice enabling them to stay in one place year round and in essence leave "nod' ... This is the ONLY reason they worshipped the cat.

This is why the bible likes to refer to the cat as evil ....
God sent the man into nod or migrating patterns and Lucifer enabled civilization by gifting men with the cat....

Anyone with a cat senses what i say to be true .,. they are not like Earth creatures in that they purr 'uncontrollably' and seem to be able to read minds via telepathy...Try to catch one walking on a counter any way but by pure accident .... heh

Now back to what you said.....

You know and I know... you would not admit ET's engineered pyramids even if proof positive was place in front of your face. you would claim it was fabricated by mortal men ....
Considering you yourself have absolutely NO proof Egyptians built them ....
Other than the fact they were built in a land they occuppied and some possess egyptian corpses ... Neither is close to proof of anything ....
Prove to us that Egyptians had even close to the technology needed to perform the task, can you?

~peace

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
"Incorrect, one most certainly does find a progressive, especially and particularly in pyramid building, from walled complexes to platfroms to mastabas to stacks to a range of successful and unsuccesful pyramids to eventually 'proper' pyramids. "

And a progressively inferior pattern is found as well....

some of the pyramids that are not so perfect date later than the great pyramid.... This tells us what?

Someone tried mimicking the great pyramid on smaller scales and were not very successful .....

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
If you accept the record written in the Bible, it clearly states ,who built the Great Pyramid ( King Solomon ) , why it was built ( A Temple For God To Dwell ) , why it became desolate ( the rebellion of King Solomon's Son ) , how long it took to build (20 years) where it was located ( in the midst of Egypt and on the border thereof ) how the blocks were moved (by sleds made from the wood of lebanon) how many workers were there ( 153,000 +people) and it also stated that it was a "World Wonder" there was even proof left in the form of the coffer in the Kings Chamber, which is the size of the Ark Of The Covenant.

I for one am curious to learn how you gather this from Isaiah 19. does that mean that the five cities to speak the language of Canaan is still to come, which means that the altar also is still to come, and thus the prophecy of Isaiah, or does it mean that the language of Canaan is still to be spoken in 5 cities of Egypt, even though the altar is made, so the prophecy has been fulfilled and therefore Christians and Jews alike wait for nothing further?

[edit on 11/8/04 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Sphynx has nothing to do with Lucifer, the Sphynx predates Christian/Judaic religion by many thousands of years, Egyptologist John Anthony West calculated that based on the erosion paterns on the body of the sphinx it would have to be at least 8000 years old, how could they dedicate the construction of an artifact to an entity which had not yet been invented?

The Egyptians built the sphynx with the body of the lion (Leo) and the face of the virgin (Virgo) to symbolise the Earths movement through Virgo into Leo.

The sceptical about revelations in regards to the face on mars at cydonia, should be aware that this information was presented to the UN by their request by ex NASA scientist Dr Richard Hoagland, and has formed the basis of important studies into planetary teleological energy grids. Having viewed a video of his presentation at the UN in New York I would very much like to see proof of this "optical illusion" theory.

There seems to be much confusion between the Temple of Solomon and the Pyramids, the first Temple of Solomon was built in Jeruselem about 1000BC, the great pyramid of Giza was built in Egypt aound 3000BC, 1000 years before the Hebrew patriach Abraham entered Egypt in 1915BC, therefore the two structure are totally unrelated.

The evidence is overwhelming that the pyramids were built by the egyptians, however the origins of the architects are disputed.

The occurence of Pyramids in South America is not merely a coincidence. Svetla Balabanova, a German scientist and drug testing expert, found that Egyptian mummies in Munich's Egypt Museum revealed traces of tobacco and coc aine. One theory is that the nicotine in the mummies came from an Egyptian plant other than tobacco, unknown to modern botanists. Some Old World plants do produce nicotine, but only in minute quantities. No such explanation can account for the coc aine, which only comes from the coca plant of South America. These findings fave been confirmed by Scientists at the Medical Toxicology Laboratory of Guy's and St Thomas's hospital in London, also found was Chinese silk in the hair of 3,000-year-old mummies supporting the notion that the pharaohs had global trade links.

A picture begins to emerge that the architects of the pyramids were an early highly advanced group of engineers who worked as consultants to Royalty around the ancient world building temples and monoliths of esoteric significance.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Flange Gasket]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, for what it's worth, check out THIS link:

www.unidata.ucar.edu...

Not only will this site explain how a determined batch of people COULD build a Pyramid, but how they could build it in a timely fashion, and with a fraction of the personel orginally considered.

BUT... it wasn't cheap!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join