It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who built the pyramids?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Thanks Byrd! There's absolutely no doubt that you know what you're talking about. I gotta hand it to you. You an archeologist or Historian or what? Ok, so you've given your rebuttals, point by point. Hope you don't mind waiting for my reply to your 'theories'. But tell me Byrd, is there incontrovertible and absolute proof that the Egyptians built the Pyramids? These are at best conjectures and theories, arn't they?
Secondly, have you seen any ancient Egyptian paintings showing the Pyramids? If so, I'd be delighted if you show me the link. I'd love to see this for myself! And lastly I never meant that the Egyptians never used wheels (on chariots). What I meant was that the wheel was'nt even invented when the pyramids were built. So back to square one....When were they built?
And also, if there are Egyptian paintings of chariots, why are there no paintings of the huge tranporters with huge wheels they must have used to transport the massive blocks of stone over sand? They must have been pretty broad too to reduce the surface to weight ratio. Have you seen any in their paintings? I haven't.
If you have do me a favour, Byrd. I wanna see this for myself, so do give me the link. Thanx. And have a great day!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
is there incontrovertible and absolute proof

No. THere is no incontrovertible and absolute proof of this. The only thing that would approach that would be to witness first hand it happening. Is there any evidence that supports the idea that they egyptians didn't build them?

These are at best conjectures and theories, arn't they?

They are theories supported by eivdence that have not been refuted. The idea that aliens built the pyramids isn't even presented normally as a theory and has no evidence to support it nor does it explain the current evidence better than the archaeological theories.

What I meant was that the wheel was'nt even invented when the pyramids were built.

Source?

why are there no paintings of the huge tranporters with huge wheels they must have used to transport the massive blocks of stone over sand?

How many exciting posters of transport trucks are there out there compared to race cars and motor cycles? I don't mean that as comically as it sounds.

You are going to address the other points raised by Byrd, right?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There was a programme on the discovery channel showing a theory on how the pryamids were built,it showed the construction of a large walkway running around the outside of the pyramid made of earth,as the height was gained so the walkway was raised with more earth,when the pyramid was completed the earth was taken away-it actually looked a very practical way to do it.
Also it showed some ancient graffiti inside a chamber of one pyramid that had been unopened until recentley-it was actuall something like "Abdul woz ere" and was believed to have been done by workers as they sealed the area it was found in.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Although most of the time people usually need to get there two cents into a topic no matter if it has been stated before, I really would not like to see another 15 pages on this. Why? Well it seems that I am either greedy or am trying to do this for simplicity sake.

Once again:

This topic can be found here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
Although most of the time people usually need to get there two cents into a topic no matter if it has been stated before, I really would not like to see another 15 pages on this. Why? Well it seems that I am either greedy or am trying to do this for simplicity sake.

Once again:

This topic can be found here

OK man! I quit. This is a topic that can be debated for a zillion years. It's really pointless. And thanks for the thread. Din't know the topic's been slaughtered to smithereens here too! So yeah, we should close this Chapter. Good idea and let's call it a day what?.... But I feel sorry for Byrd. I promised I'd come back to him on certain contentious issues. But that's not to be.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I really don't think anyone is going to particularly miss you posting a non rebuttal to the details byrd gave. If you really are giving up, the it looks like either way no evidence for aliens building the pyramids will be presented.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Who built the pyramids?

Bob

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
"no one" can prove who built the pyrimids...it's all speculation!

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sure, its all speculation. But some of the theories that have been formulated have been supported by the evidence, and others have been refuted, and others are neither supported nor refuted by the evidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've heard that the pyramids seem to point to one point in the sky. If this was so then the Egyptians or whoever built the pyramids had a great education in space and math to be able to construct them to fit that.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I did this subject before, the thread was closed, the facts are still there.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Not sure if this is true but i heard something abot the circumference of the great pyramid in inces is the same as the circumferance of the earth in miles and the hight in inces is the same as the distance in light years to Alph Centary (our nearest star)

Speculation is futile.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
why cant we accept our ancestors were brilliant people? They understood engineering, construction, Medicine, Science, Geometry, calculus, all types of knowledge.

The Pyramid is a complex construction, but there are more complex constructions that are the same age or older. The monoliths on Malta, the constructions in Bolivia, teahuanacu, the constructions in the south pacific islands, on and on

We know little more about gravity than what newton wrote 400 years ago. The steam engine was invested by Hero, thousands of years ago. Batteries that are 2 thousand years old. The Mayans understood Time so well their 2000 year old calendar was the worlds most accurate until the invention of the Atomic Clock in 1954.

Maybe we have become so ignorant, we must look for excuses why our ancestors appear so intelligent.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Okay guys due to the amount of pressure that I've been facing , I simply can't keep this a secret no longer so here goes nothin......I built the Pyramids yes its true!

now that I've said that we can stop with the Pyramid Threads

LL1

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Let's see that's 186 stones cut in 21 days by 12 modern men:

www.pbs.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Ok for the guys who think the egyptians built the pyramids,what about the ones that are older than the egyptian civilization? I've been studing into this stuff for years, and I know all about egyptian history ( cuz my ppl come from egypt) And the BIGGEST question is, they who build the pyramids on Mars? And dont ****'n try to tell me theres no pyramids on mars, cuz that **** just piss's me off to no end.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There are some things about the pyramid that are unexplained and are currently imposable to reproduce with our current technology.

For example: -

In side the main pyramids at Giza there is a trough cut into the hardest stone. this trough is like a large bath but on closer examination it appears to be perfectly smooth.

Scientist scanned the surface of the trough with an electron scanning microscope and found that it is perfect in dimention and is smooth down to the molecular level.

What does that mean I hear you saying.....

Well, it means that even if this trough was cut out of the hardest stone with the hottest laser we have today, it would not be so perfect a cut.

In a nutshell, it is still outside of our technological reach to cut such a perfectly smooth surface.

Now, the egyptions were clever and they used so many different engineering techniques but they did not have the ability to manipulate molocules!!!!!!

Who ever or what ever made that trough was way beyond the technical expertise of the egyptions and in fact way beyon where we are today.

So the Question of who built the Pyramids is a very very interesting one!!

Personally I think we are all in for quite a few shocks this century. The main shock I feel will be the realisation that we are not the first inteligence to grace this earth!!!

Has anyone read terry brooks the Shinnara stories?

Seems like fantasy... but there fantasy is post modern, that is that we loose technology and have to start civilisation again....

This seems like a more likely explanation as to the discrepancy in what is possable today and what happened in the past.

Your comments welcome!!

All the best,

Tim,

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordRothschild
Ok for the guys who think the egyptians built the pyramids,what about the ones that are older than the egyptian civilization?

Which of the pyramids are older than egypt? If the pyramids are older than egypt, then why did the egyptians start with the stepped pyramid and work their way up?

And the BIGGEST question is, they who build the pyramids on Mars?

There are no pyramids on mars.

And dont ****'n try to tell me theres no pyramids on mars, cuz that **** just piss's me off to no end.

That hardly means that they exist. At best there are hills or something that are roughly triangular in shape. But perhaps I am unaware. What is the evidence for either of the claims above?

timuk74
smooth down to the molecular level.

Where was this research done?

and in fact way beyon where we are today.

And they build in chuncks of rock. To put a dead body in it.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok, there are pyramids in the sydonia region of mars, as well as structures that resemble a face. Now the main streem media would have us belive that they are natural structures on the surface of mars. But infact, when the subject was looked at by all the experts, they said it would be "impossable" for somthing like that just apear natually. It is'nt just a sand, they are stone structures. You look at the pictures of the pyramids on mars, and look at the pictures of the structure that is looks like a face. How could a structure of that sort be natural. I dont think so. I think this stuff is just being ignored. I used to think the egyptians built the pyramids too. I thought is just a conspiracy to say aliens built them, to discredit my ppl as african savages, who were incapalbe of doing anything intelligent. But when you look into, theres no way you can tell me ppl 4000 years ago could have built the pyramids on their own. Now im not saying that aliens built them 100%. Maybe they simply showed them how to built them. They do say that their civilization was a "gift" from the gods. I dont know, no one really knows, but theres just know way they made them 100% completely on their own. When you look at it, all these advanced civilizations just apeared out of know where around the same time. So you expect me to belive humans went from wondering tribes that hunted for food for 100's of 1000's of years, and the WAM!! pyramids, huge stone structures advanced forms of gov't ect. It it was humans alone that where behind these events, we would see a gradual rise in technology and civilization over a period of time, but we dont. We go from wondering tribes, no writing system, no records of history to pyramids and advanced civilization. Now I have a very open mind, and when I have an opinion I dont ignore all others. If you can come up with an explanation for all this I would love to see. I would like to belive me ppl were among the most intellegent in the world. But even main streem history and science recognizes that all these advanced civilizations just apeared out of know where. Main streem history and science also even recognizes that the spix is wayyyyy older than the egyptain civilization. Where did it come from?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by livenlearn
What I find interesting is how the Great Pyramid was built on then exact dead center of all Earth's land mass's

Actually, it wasn't.... err... isn't.

pointing true north, true south, true east, and true west.

This was common in all ancient people, and was simple to do. Generally it's the sacred structures which will be aligned like this.

Also, and how they used the sacred inch, which the great pyramid measures 36,522 sacred inches

Actually, they didn't. They used the egyptian cubit and the measurements are quite different in that and don't correlate to inches. Someone took the measurements of the Great Pyramid and divided it by 365.22 to come up with this artificial standard, the "pyramid inch." It's like taking my height (63") and dividing that by 365.22 and announcing to everyone that the "Sacred Inch" is now 0.1697 inches and relating 1697 to a historical or cosmological event (I'm too lazy to do that right now, but I could if I look for it.)

So there's nothing miraculous about it. It's just a bit of dividing by modern measurements to give a measurement that the ancient Egyptians would laugh at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi to all of you --- Iam baaaack, many bon jours from Paris to all of you.

To Byrd - super moderator, and to Gazrok - super juge - super humor .

Yesterday I call my psychiatre and he reply Come here , Hey I think for

my mental health also! Hmmm...

Eh well - I wish to help you Byrd -- not me , other big head-- UK. web

So 4 biers in the pockets , 2 km. feet and I am in Dr. Bernard cabinet

I put under his nos the paper (I tape before ) and I wait -- reaction ???

Poor Doc. poor Dr. Bernard -- fascinating -- his eyes like 2 Sun .

" Very good for my patients'--( the folls what ) - I think poor people to

my self. He work in St. Anne -- psychiatric hospital in Paris.

Now folks --- aspirine or anti- depresive drogs under the hand,ready ?

The following come from my old dictionary... you know that I am sure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNITES DE MESURE
--------------------------

metre = m.
deci = 0,1
centi = 0,01
milli = 0,001
micro = 0,000 001
nano = 0,000 000 001
pico = 0,000 000 000 001
femto = 0,000 000 000 000 001
atto =0,000 000 000 000 000 001 ( atto say something to you ? )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the HERO find better -- hey folks on Earth we have all -- ready??

24902 MILES Circumference (Earth ) =131482560 ft. = 1577790720 inches.

1/43200 th of the Circonference would give a Royal cubit lenght as

20,751 666666666666666666666666667 ( 30 chifres after the , ) ???

This would give a side lenght of :

437,20825636495060637699783149962 R.C. and the perimeter of is

1748,8330254598024255079913259985 R.C. ( Royal cubits )

The dimentions of the Great Pyramide --- please
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first reaction , I cry !

second reaction I drink 3 botles wine , and after I don't think nothing

because me=0....But the Doc. he fall in love to the paper!

regards chapo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join