It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul supporters move in on live Fox News broadcast.....LMAO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Thanks Ron Paul...but no thanks...we are doing just fine without your centuries old philosophies.

Seriously? We're doing fine??? The interest on our debt is hovering right around 100% of GNP, we're in debt up to our ears, the Fed is devaluing our money at an annualized rate of some 23%, the middle class is disappearing and the poverty rate is exploding and you thinm we're 'doing fine'??

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Seriously? We're doing fine??? The interest on our debt is hovering right around 100% of GNP, we're in debt up to our ears, the Fed is devaluing our money at an annualized rate of some 23%, the middle class is disappearing and the poverty rate is exploding and you thinm we're 'doing fine'??

Oh, and the answer is "it was better in the 1800s?"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No one denies that Ron Paul supporters are dedicated and enthusiastic.

But that doesn't win elections...evident by Iowa and NH.

The only thing evident in IOWA was how unorganized, sketchy and pointless the caucus is. I mean seriously all the different stories as to where the remaining votes were, One of which they were on their way in a truck but there was no way of contacting them, then saying that story was false haha where the hell did that story come from. Also how the first projected winner was incorrect and it was actually Romney by 4 votes lol. Not to mention all the stories you can find about lights going out after votes were turned in. Stick to primaries people and allow recounts if needed.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I really don't understand this fear some of you have. You talk of Ron Paul as our savior and messiah...he is the ONLY one that can "save" us.

No one has used those words in my thread. Kindly refrain from putting words in the mouths of the members posting in my thread. Your courtesy and cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

NightGypsy

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Court testimony saying it is possible doesn't mean that it happened.

It is possible for me to rob a bank, no bank vault is 100% safe...but that doesn't mean I have done it.

See how that works???

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

No one has used those words in my thread. Kindly refrain from putting words in the mouths of the members posting in my thread. Your courtesy and cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

He said you "talk like"

And you do. Well most of you.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well.. Ron Paul is a loser either way.
If he wins it means TPTB allows him to win.. If he lost.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I really don't understand this fear some of you have. You talk of Ron Paul as our savior and messiah...he is the ONLY one that can "save" us.

Sincerely,

NightGypsy

I am posting in an ATS thread, and following their T&C...I'm sorry but this isn't "your thread".

I did not put any words in anyones mouth...I didn't quote a certain member or direct it to a certain member. But some Ron Paul supporters in this thread are talking like it will be the end of the world if Ron Paul isn't elected.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's funny, I have Never seen any one call a person a savior or messiah, aside from the people that are against that person.

YOU called him a savior and messiah, I've not seen a Paul supporter do that. So, if you want to see that name quit being thrown around, than quit throwing it around.

we are doing just fine without your centuries old philosophies.

Yeah, this country is doing fantastic!

but the country isn't going to collapse just because Ron Paul doesn't get elected.

If that is what you are taking from people supporting Ron Paul, then you are not listening. People want change, which is why Obama got voted in on his lies. We want change because we know that if things don't change, things are only going to get worse, and frankly, things suck for a lot of people, whether you want to admit that or not.

People are looking for a candidate who may provide actual change. People are so desperate for change, any kind of change. People are looking at Ron Paul because there is a potential for change.

We get it, you don't like Ron Paul. There are quite a bit of issues I disagree with him on as well. But at least I am willing to listen and consider his views, rather than just stick my fingers in my ears screaming " wrong wrong wrong".

Anyway, I have chores to do for the day, so I will see you around the boards, no doubt in another Ron Paul thread, making sure that people see that you do not like Ron Paul as a candidate.

edit on 11-1-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

The more everyone (in general) not just this forum talk about the fanaticism or lack thereof from supporters of candidates the less time we talk about the actual issues and who really has the best interest of the people. This is the same issue the candidates themselves have. Lots of people are not really ignorant only consumed by everything else and political contemplation isnt number 1 on their free time list. We would all be better off debating issues and not the level of support we have towards a candidate.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The mods moved this thread from "2012 U.S. Elections" forum to "People and Politics."

WTH?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It's funny, I have Never seen any one call a person a savior or messiah, aside from the people that are against that person.

Oh ya.

Quote from first page of this very thread.

For all our sake let's hope that this is just the beginning of an increasing support base. Because if the establishment wins another cycle --- irrespective of which established party that may be --- it's over for us. We have very little hope of slowing down this plunge into collapse but the status quo --- of either flavor --- is zero hope.

See? Its over for us if he doesn't win. Zero hope. Only he can... save us.
edit on 11-1-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

That's fine if you don't get it, but I don't understand why you spend so much of your time flaming him?

Why don't you spend your time building up your choice of candidate besides putting down others?

I have never seen Outkast flame anyone. You are changing the definition of "flaming" and replacing it with the one for "Criticize".

This is also unfair. Many people "Flame" Obama for real and I don't see you saying "Why don't you spend your time building up your choice of candidate besides putting down others?"

So, its alright to "flame" or criticize someone as long as its not Paul?

I'm not part of the "many people" you speak of. I can't recall that I've ever flamed Obama. I don't agree with the way the country is going but I don't blame Obama (even though he isn't helping). It started way before him. For me this isn't a Republican or Democrat issue. I don't claim either as my party. I've never been much of a conformist. Paul is my candidate of choice because he makes the most sense. End of story.

I'm not out to attack you or Outkast Searcher. I've read other posts from Outkast that I agreed with, I just don't understand why every Ron Paul thread Outkast is there "criticizing" Paul every step of the way. It's as though he or she feels threatened by the rise of Paul supporters.

Peace to both of you. We are in the same boat, we just disagree on who the Captain should be.
edit on 11-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: can't spael

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Only he can... save us.

Kindly refrain from putting words in the mouths of those members commenting in my thread. Your courtesy and cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

NightGypsy

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

We would all be better off debating issues and not the level of support we have towards a candidate.

Great then, lets take a step to the side then and we will debate issues that surround Paul.

Where do you want to start?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

We get it, you don't like Ron Paul. There are quite a bit of issues I disagree with him on as well. But at least I am willing to listen and consider his views, rather than just stick my fingers in my ears screaming " wrong wrong wrong".

I have looked at his positions...I have listened to him....and there is more I don't like about him than I do like about him.

I like his foreign policy...but I'm not willing to trade his foreign policy for living in a society where discrimination is openly accepted. Or where corporations are supposed to "self regulate"...or where we allow poor people to die in our streets because there is no social safety net.

ATS is my website of choice to discuss things...politics is one of my favorite topics...Ron Paul threads pop up everyday...so I talk about him.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Only he can... save us.

Kindly refrain from putting words in the mouths of those members commenting in my thread. Your courtesy and cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

NightGypsy

What? When did I put words into anyone's mouth? That post amounted to basically "Ron Paul will save us". Your right, in the post it just said that in more words than "he will save us".

Paraphrasing is a lost art it seems.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Anyone (YOU) who would vote for Obama obviously doesn't understand what Americans should have to fear. Your government (the people who are supposed to be working for you in this country, see government has a tendency to stop and start working for itself) and your president just passed into law that they can indefinitely detain and probably execute you at their whim. What does Obama have to say about this? "Meh, sure I'll sign it, not that I'll do anything". Apparently the rest of us Americans (along with Obama) have completely forgotten that presidents are cycled every 4 years.

Save us from what? If Ron Paul had everything his way...end the fed and put us back on a gold standard...we become a third world country over night. Do you know what it means when we say we are on a gold standard??? Anyone who owns our debt can say "Hey...we want our payments in gold now"...and we don't have that gold to pay them. Prices for everything jumps sky high, the middle class just collapses...and the low income people starve...because Ron Paul would have eliminated all social programs.

You are taking everything WAY WAY out of context, strapping it to a rocket ship and sending it into space here on a Russian rocket no less.

There is no BOOM, we turn into Somalia overnight, this is just propaganda you are creating based on fear, this is rather ironic considering your first few sentences up there.

Thanks Ron Paul...but no thanks...we are doing just fine without your centuries old philosophies.

I don't think the word "Progressive" applies to the Obama administration, unless it's progressively stripping away our rights and our space program. I certainly haven't seen any progression in the last three years, at least not in his administration, some of us citizens ought to be commended though. The only century old philosophy here is the apparent tendency in political nature to oppress people.

Obama is about as progressive as Fox News is honest. Ron Paul is the most progressive out of the lot of em really, hes the only one who wants to get up and change anything. Here's a vague definition of progressivism if you want to know:

Progressivism is an umbrella term for a political ideology advocating or favoring social, political, and economic reform or changes through the state.

Though that's not entirely what I view as progressive politics. I don't know how everyone got so brainwashed that when they think of the word "Progressive", a mental image of Obama appears, but it needs to stop.
edit on 11-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

We would all be better off debating issues and not the level of support we have towards a candidate.

Great then, lets take a step to the side then and we will debate issues that surround Paul.

Where do you want to start?

Why do we have to start at issues surrounding Paul? this just shows you already have a naive bias point of view and will proactively seek one sided information. I do not claim to know enough for a debate as I am new in my political interests. I was simply pointing out how by reading this thread I have learned nothing to real issues. It seems that most of Ron Pauls views are agreed with and the main one he takes heat on is Foreign Policy but mostly because he does not explain it, he lacks public speaking but one should point out that he is actually speaking where as Romney is reading a teleprompter most of the time (fact).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join