It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

tell us how you really feel, Phage. haha just kidding.
I have alot of respect for you Phage.

I used to think we didn't go to the moon but now that I'm an ATS'er I'm not so sure. Like I've said before, whether we went or not the fact is that NASA is hiding alot of stuff from us.
If we didn't go, it's a huge theatrical play.
If we did go, there are things on the moon they want to keep secret.
inquiring minds want to know...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Indeed. No one wants to read anymore I guess... like you said there are plenty, but I am looking for information specifically focused on proving there is a flag on the moon, or addressing the technical obstacles preventing anyone from doing so. I have a feeling that it will be an exercise in patience weeding through google results finding something valid which is why i asked for help. Thank you for your reply, however. I will use ATS search as well and will likely find the links you posted previously.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jibajaba

Although this "opinion" is horribly, terribly wrong and ill-informed:

Nasa - is another tax drain - designed to fleece the public.

It succinctly encapsulates the problems back in the 1960s and 1970s, and why the American public's appetite for continued money to be spent on further Moon missions led to the withdrawing of funding.

You said "fleece" up there, and although you probably don't realize it, you hit the one of the many nails in the coffin of the Apollo Program on the head.

Ever hear of Senator William Proxmire? He was a VERY vocal critic of the space program in his day.....as were many others.....they did NOT care about putting people on the Moon, these people all thought it was a waste of money. THEY knew it was real, and actually happening (and not "faked"), but they wanted the money spent elsewhere.

Oh, and "fleece"?? Sen. Proxmire had his own creation, the "Golden Fleece Award" that he used as a political stunt to draw attention in areas he personally disliked, in terms of what he called "Government waste". He coined the idea in 1975, well after the hey day of Apollo, but it indicates his level of mindset.

Golden Fleece Award

Proxmire earned the unending enmity of space advocates and science fiction fandom for his opposition to space colonization, ultimately eliminating spending on said research from NASA's budget. In response to a segment about space colonies run by the CBS program 60 Minutes, Proxmire stated that; "it's the best argument yet for chopping NASA's funding to the bone .... I say not a penny for this nutty fantasy"........

In a number of circles his name has become a verb, meaning to unfairly obstruct scientific research for political gain.

William Proxmire

In essence, there were many in the U.S. Congress like him, and they listened to many of their constituents who echoed the "waste" (they thought) of the space program......I used to hear it all the time, debates where a person would keep saying "We should be spending all that money on the homeless or the poor, and keep it here at home."

See, there were mindless automatons and clueless uninspired people back then, too.......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I of course believe we went to the moon and even being too young to have any firsthand knowledge of it. The Soviets not to mention the rest of the world would have been all over a cover-up. They were listening to all broadcasts and it would have been evident in transmission times, etc.

I think the real conspiracy is why we did not return in 40 years. If there is evidence of Alien artifacts, ruins or structures they HAD to cover that up. Why? We had a damn good reason! The world public was too stupid and self righteous (and many still are) to believe we are not alone.

Look at all the media in recent years APOLLO 18, Transformers 3, Moon, etc that deal with there being “Something” on the moon. Eventually another Brookings institute will report that more than 75% of the population believes in Extraterrestrials.

Then SETI & NASA with the find an Anomaly on the Moon program (See MOON ZOO) will announce they “FOUND SOMETHING” and be in the clear as far as an original cover-up.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

You want proof there is a flag on the moon, but not up to 20,000 pounds of equipment left behind from 6 different Apollo landings? If you don't believe the research, you won't get an image from a telescope, or an orbiting spacecraft with a camera because a flag is tiny is a light scattered lunar surface. Exactly what kind of verification are you searching for, and why a flag if I may ask?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Thunda

But no, Im sure you are all right- nothing remotley strange about the press conference at all.

Half a million people worked on the project, uncounted millions watched the launch. The vehicle was tracked by third party observers. The only evidence you bring to the table is repeating your opinion about the press conference over and over again. Thank you for your highly qualified professional psychological opinion.

And thankyou for your unprovoked attack, sir. What 'evidence' would you suggest. I have mearly stated that I feel their manner is odd- ranting unrelated stats about the Apollo mission brings 'nothing to the table' either.

And 'over and over again'? That would be twice..............

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

flag will be destroyed now. Flag pole should still be there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

How would not "returning" help cover anything up?

What do "science fiction" movies (there ain't no science there) have to do with anything? Does Godzilla count too?

Since when is reality based on how many people believe something?

There is no "find an Anomaly on the Moon program". There is a proposal for such a program. A proposal which seems pretty unworkable.
edit on 1/11/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

We have all been in situations in which others have retained their beliefs despite evidence to the contrary. Instead of treating beliefs as opinions that can be modified, they use beliefs as facts that limit their relationships and opportunities.

Psychoanalytic Social Work (Volume 18, Issue 2, 2011)

The above sums up the moon hoaxers.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Maybe the russkies had something to hide too >

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
It only took a minute to realize their misinformation. If you are only in earth orbit, you are only about 220 miles away, you wont see nearly a tenth of earth, let alone near half of earth. Simple perspective it doesn't even need a diagram. From orbit you cant even see half of America. Ever see ISS videos? Apparently not.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

Don't be (short sighted) RIDICULOUS!: That would of course depends on your"Altitude"! there are "LEO" (low earth orbits") and themoon it selfis in earth "orbit"... i haven't got time for this insanity today.....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why would they want to fake it? just the space race? why havnt the Russians thrown such as big a fit about us not actually going there when they clearly would have known the truth?

Also can someone educate me on this radiation belt? this is the first i have heard of it. I'm feeling a little stupid about that right now lol.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

That "Apollo Zero" film is just as ridiculous as Bart Sibrel's crap films.

Shows a level of science knowledge below that of a five year old child.

Anyway, it debunks itself.....its assertion that just "because" it is "difficult" to "only" get to Low Earth Orbit, then (and this is its logical fallacy), "therefore" there is no way to get "all the way" (240,000 miles) to the Moon.

This is idiotic.....since there are spacecraft all over the Solar System that have been launched and left LEO.

This "film" makes the incredibly illogical leap of fallacious "reasoning" in order to speciously attempt to "prove' its premise....a premise that is patently absurd from the outset.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Bart Sibrel. Maker of "A Funny Thing Happened" and a true jackass.
His crap about leaked footage is lies. His out of context clips, more so.

edit on 1/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)
Thank you Phage. You saved the day again, star.
Lunar module landing site photographed by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter in 2009. en.wikipedia.org...
Apollo 17′s lunar rover – and the last footprints left on the moon by astronauts – from the year 1972. earthsky.org...
edit on 11-1-2012 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: added links

WOW I guess now I have an obsession with Phage because I like the truth not made up bs, WTF its peaces of the truth taken out of context and made into lies. This is the last time I'm posting on ATS now even the mods are defending fake videos lmfao! Laters all good luck
edit on 11-1-2012 by FarBeyondDriven69 because:

link   
Anyone though about Van Allen Belt?

link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
And Neil Armstrong refused to swear his hand on the bible that he was on the moon, that should tell it all..

Why would putting your hand on a book of FAIRY TALES make a differnce to whats the truth

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

'This is idiotic.....since there are spacecraft all over the Solar System that have been launched and left LEO.'

Manned ?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
****ATTENTION****

The topic is: Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

Any posts that are off topic, rude, obsessions with other members or any other T&C violation, it will be actioned and you may be posted banned.

Discuss and debate the TOPIC ONLY!

Thank you.
edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So what do you guys think? This is the first video I've ever seen that makes me believe some of the moon landing hoax conspiracies.

I don't think humans have been to the moon. If they have, it wasn't in the way presented. This series brings up some very good points & inconsistencies:

"Wagging the Moondoggie" by Dave McGowan

I also thought this movie was very good. It interpreted "The Shining" as a movie in which Stanley Kubrick admitted he had staged the lunar landings.

Jay Weidner - Kubrick's Odyssey: Secrets Hidden in the Films of Stanley Kubrick - Part One

edit on 11-1-2012 by someotherguy because: b/c

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, I stated and also illustrated (if anyone hit the link because the file was too large to load on ATS), that at the distance of 220 mile high orbit, you can only see an area less than half the size of America. I had numbers and a graph, all you have is syntax.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join