Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Oxize

A thousand times, here, check this out,, then we can exchange a debate about radiation in space, the VABs, and whatever related aspect one might have an issue with.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

You may find this interesting

Peace All

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

No the flag is mostly anecdotal because of the Boy Scout lesson to salute the moon while pledging allegiance when no flag is visible. Yes the equipment would definitely be a better target! I want more information regarding confirmation of anything physical left behind or information as to why there is none, if that is the case. It seems that all of these threads are about analyzing video, physics, body language, etc. when we should be focusing on physical, verifiable evidence. Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That is an old video, OP. I remember watching it a few years ago.

As for the we did go/we did not go to the moon debate, I came to the conclusion that we did go there. However, most of the evidence such as photos and videos are fake/staged. That is why we will never reach full agreement of believers and disbelievers on this subject.

Moreover, my favorite character of the space race will always be Laika, the dog.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Templeton
Please excuse my ignorance here. I am new to this conspiracy, but it seems like the whole argument would be easy to confirm/debunk.

In boy scouts we are taught to salute the moon if there is no flag visible because Apollo 11 planted one there. Surely we have telescopes powerful enough to see it?

Oh good grief no, do you know how far away the moon is? I read that it would take a telescope with a 100' wide lens to see one of the lunar landers on the moon's surface from earth. Even the Hubble does not have good enough resolution to make out the lunar landing sites, they are far too small to be detectable by telescope from this far away. Luckily there have been recent satellite flyovers and they have photographed the landing sites and the photos are quite good, article here:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

More photos here:

www.space.com...

EDIT- I just Googled it and I was quite a bit off, it would take a 100 METER wide (300') lens to make out a lunar lander on the moon from earth. Here's a site that explains it in great detail showing the calculations used to determine the required lens size:

calgary.rasc.ca...

Incidentally, the largest earth telescope has a 10 meter lens. The article points out that it would actually cost more to build a 100 meter wide telescope than it would to just fly there and take photos with a regular camera, LOL!
edit on 11-1-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No more unworkable than the Moon Zoo or Galaxy Zoo program already in place for detecting craters and even strange objects...

Sure there is fantasy movies and pure fantasy ones that would never happen ie Godzilla. But hypothetically speaking here Phage, what would be the best way to prepare the average person for first contact? I am sure you are familar with the Brookings Institute report and its findings. People would need to be acclimated and Hollywood furthers this agenda. Heck they do it with other human issues, war and propganda why not Aliens?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
More "fake Earth". Oh, wait a minute. How does that work again? How does a fake Earth manage to pass out of the frame of the window (6:20)? I wonder why Bart didn't include this part of the "leaked" video in his movie.

edit on 1/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Hi, just wanted to point something out so bear with me please.
In listening to the transmissions on these recordings (both phange and op) I picked up a few things.
In the OP video at 6:10 the astronaut says they have the tv camera pressed against the _ At 3:37 he states they shut out the light from the other windows.
In Phange's they accidently show how they are setting up the shot by trying to get rid of the excess light that's causing the band lines or ripples which is annoying to watch on tv. This starts at 0.43 into your footage with this side note: at 1:55 where they are getting a light comparison they pull back and the camera pov is oval and not the standard. This shows they are trying to obtain a certain effect when lining up their shot.
The most interesting thing in the OP video is at 6:57 where it zooms out. Keep watching because in the upper left you see dim lights. look at all that activity. If the camera was pressed up against the window there wouldn't be all this foreground. Then at 7:23 what's that floating in front of the moon? A space ship? LOL sorry. Keep watching though. At 7:35 someone is standing there. 7:38 Lights! 7:43 the window and earth.
In Phange's video, the window and earth at 7:02. Same circumference.
Another poster pointed out that the ISS is only 220 miles from Earth. The narrator in the OP's video is saying that the Apollo images were taken a few hunderd miles from Earth and not at 130,000. The astronaut said they were at 130,000 miles out at 5:46. ISS video footage shows that these shots can't be attained at 220 miles away
Here is Earth and the moon ISS

scienceblogs.com...

I would say this one is definitely worth serious discussion. Thanks!
edit on 11-1-2012 by DaWhiz because: spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by Oxize

A thousand times, here, check this out,, then we can exchange a debate about radiation in space, the VABs, and whatever related aspect one might have an issue with.

www.centennialofflight.gov...

Thanks for that link - I see the trajectory was designed to go through the weaker part of the Van Allen Belts.
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: add
edit on 11-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by onewithall

I am neutral in my moonlanding believe... This kind of footage and some, convince me almost that TPTB must have threathened the families of these astronauts to keep their mouths shut until the end of time.....which makes them complicit of the crime btw...and have become traitors of the USA and all people on Earth. I find that very unfortunately because I really like mister Armstrong.

On the other hand I also think that the secret off-world society conspiracy have truth in it. With that I mean that TPTB have bases on Mars, the Moon and other planatoids.

So, I have not made up my mind yet what to believe or think is true.

Great docu tho...worth watching.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

a very well presented and easy to follow debunk inline (I always get lost link hopping). a star for you!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
reply to post by humphreysjim

He is a god fearing man. Thats what they say..he cant lie with hes hand on a bible. Otherwise it would have been piece of cake to put a hand on it and say:- Yes, I was there at the time. You can twist the simpliest thing in your mind all you want but it doesnt change the most obvious thing.. He could not tell a lie with hes hand on the bible!

edit on 11-1-2012 by WeekendWarrior because: changed "was" to "is" because guy is still kicking

So if he did that tomorrow, you would change your mind about him going to the moon?

I'll answer for you. You wouldn't, and neither would any of the other hoax believers. Hence the pointlessness of the whole charade and why he was/is right to ignore such idiocy and treat it with contempt.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by xavi1000

"Childish personal attacks"? If someone is being a complete jerk degrading everyone in his path, what do YOU call them? A person with a less than desirable attitude? Oh wait, that's a childish personal attack too.

Did you even read the post?

Degrading ? Showing pure facts and expertise of this stupid OP video is degrading? ...truth is degrading you? ...quit this childish conspiracy with moon landing and concentrate on real conspiracies

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Degrading ? Showing pure facts and expertise of this stupid OP video is degrading? ...truth is degrading you? ...quit this childish conspiracy with moon landing and concentrate on real conspiracies

I did not understand a single word of that.
edit on 1/11/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't think certain "NASA" members like Sibrel much. I know I shouldn't but he makes me howl with laughter.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Once more...keep it up you may be post banned!

****ATTENTION****

The topic is: Fake Earth illusion - footage from Apollo 11, 1969

Any posts that are off topic, rude, obsessions with other members or any other T&C violation, it will be actioned and you may be posted banned.

Discuss and debate the TOPIC ONLY! Or do not respond at all!!

Thank you.
PLEASE READ THIS: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics
edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by wmd_2008

How am I ignorant? Do you know what that word means?

Nobody has "great knowledge" of space. We know just as much about the afterlife as we do about space. Thousands of years of study and all we really know is "well, it might be infinite" or "we think wormholes might be possible. Maybe."

What afterlife

When people come up with BS like yours above you know they DON'T have a clue what they are talking about,compared to what YOU know, Phage and many others have a great deal more KNOWLEDGE of the subject than YOU that is clear for everyone to see.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Every Apollo mission didn't follow the same trajectory, or even the same earth escape trajectory, many people have plotted the trajectories because NASA made them public before the launches for astronomers to follow the flights with their equipment, watch live through their telescopes. All of the escape trajectories were design to breach the VABs as quickly as possible. But you see the most radiation zones are closer to earth, at 40º angles from the equator. The ISS has had occupants for durations of up to 9 months consecutive, radiation is an exposure accumulative issue, and ISS occupants (though with better shielding) are exposed to more than any Apollo astronaut was. They seem fine and some Apollo astronauts are in their 80's today, so they didn't die of cancer yet.
I have so many 'real' links its hard to find them, 3rd Party Telescopic Tracking of Apollo Missions.
Tracking Apollo 17 from Florida.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join