It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Interesting.

My thoughts.

The clothing, hair, and glasses are, as mentioned, from that time period (I know I remember I was 8, that was like picture perfect of how my dad dressed). The kodak carousal projector is also as mentioned, period. We had a similar model. Some film medium at that time could produce similar responses. However; something to me does seem slightly staged, but not sure why.

As far as his claims.

Saying the Soviet Union would desolve in 1980 was pretty out there. They were, at least militarily, beleived to be ahead of the US. They had just invaded Afgahnistan. Their Navy was growing, they had clamped down in Eastern Europe, so that is pretty spot on of a prediction.....and no one was suggesting that would happen. I'd have to dig, but I don't even think the US government had a solid idea of the discontent and economic problems in the USSRuntil at least 1984 to 1986.

Everyone driving electric cars by 2005 and oil almost done, pretty much missed that. Sure we are moving int that direction, but not all that quickly,....

Flying Car....epic fail. Sure there have been prototypes since the 50's, but we aren't really any closer on a large scale then we were in the 50's.

US being attacked at home, while that seems like a pretty psychic statement...really that wasn't all that out there of a prediction. Rome, Frankfert, London, Munich and several other cities in Europe had had terrorist attacks up to the point. Nothing of the scale of 9/11, but it was pretty well assumed that the US would be hit sometime in the near to mid distant future. I remember in 1994 in a Political Science class on Terrorism, it was pretty well accepted that it was a matter of "when not if...... if not, why hasn't it yet happened?"

The Obama part is pretty uncanny....but I don't know if it was really all that far fetched to say by 2005 to 2012 we would have and African American president. African American's by 1980 were moving up in corporate American, and the especially in the Military as General Officers. . The date itself is a little uncanny.

The fact that he can't see past 2012, well that's a little weird. But I don't think the 2012 phenomenon was unknown at that time, just not widely known.

I don't know. It's weird, but something seems fake about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

cool blue shift now change the color of the hair for the lighting and the structure of the facial expression without it looking weird or unhuman

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
cool blue shift now change the color of the hair for the lighting and the structure of the facial expression without it looking weird or unhuman

I think the color of the hair is okay, but the contrast is off. As for the facial expression, that's all him. Maybe he's an alien or something.

EDIT: There. Fixed it. Although maybe his head is just a smidge too big.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Watched the video. Downright silly - I guess there is always someone who will buy into it - and that can probably be applied to 98% of the "information" on sites like this.

I come for the entertainment!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

That is so awesome!

You get the win today!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TILTed

And i come in peace lol. Im not saying that hes right but the video and the guys real and he does believe what hes saying the guy that was talking about were his eyes are pointing is right that comes right out of the psychology books all you have to do is pick one up and read it so its either mental illness or hes a hit and miss seer

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Et Voila, c'et un hoax.

The email address at the end is [email protected].

Search for HM2012 and you have a marketing company at www.hm2012.ca... in French talking about a competition marking the 20th edition.

He lived in California (ca) for 20 years (20), etc.

My guess is it's from them and an attempt at a "viral" marketing campaign.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If there is an Elite tarot card that depicts the alien encounter, do please share this thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

This website is canadian (note the .ca in the address) witch is advertising inter-universities sporting competition for students in marketing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

lmao ok you win there im checking it out now

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolidGoal

This website is canadian (note the .ca in the address) witch is advertising inter-universities sporting competition for students in marketing.

Yes I know its canadian, but it's also the code for california, which coincidentally is where this french speaking man has supposedly been for 20 years.

I think they're clues to the hoax.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This video looks remarkably fresh for something that is supposed to be 30 years old.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
From the hm2012 site:

La créativité et l’innovation ont toujours été centrales au Happening Marketing. Les étudiants passent des mois à pratiquer dans le but d’en mettre plain la vue aux juges ou d’apprendre des techniques leur permettant de se démarquer face aux équipes adverses. Mais qu’arrive-t-il lorsque leur instinct les pousse à prendre une chance, et de tout risquer?

En l’honneur de la 20ième édition du Happening Marketing, en 2012, nous encourageons vivement les étudiants à plonger tête première! Nous voulons mettre l’accent sur la prise de risque et la démarcation. Nous voulons qu’ils écoutent leur trippes quand tout autour leur indique le contraire. Et s’ils prennent une chance? Et s’ils se démarquaient? Et s’ils osaient?

Le Happening Marketing 2012 à l’École de Gestion John Molson est au centre d’un point culminant qu’en au commerce Québecois. La ville de Montréal détient certains des plus grands siège sociaux d’entreprises et d’agences de marketing. Avec l’accès à un grand nombre d’organismes, Montréal est une métropole où les médias sont présents sous toutes leurs formes. Pour la 20ième édition de la compétition, nous comption gagner de la visibilité par le biais de divers outils promotionnels. En renforçant nos relations avec un nombre grandissant d’individus prohéminent dans la communauté d’affaires de Montréal, la compétition, ainsi que tous les participants bénéficieront de cette valeur ajoutée.

TRANSLATED:

Creativity and innovation have always been central to the Happening Marketing. Students spend months practicing in order to make plain to the judges or learn techniques to enable them to stand out against the opposing teams. But what happens when their instinct drives them to take a chance and risk everything?

In honor of the 20th edition of Happening Marketing in 2012, we strongly encourage students to dive head first! We want to focus on risk-taking and demarcation. We want them to listen to their guts when all around them otherwise indicated. And if they take a chance? And they stood out? And if they dared?

The Happening Marketing 2012 to the John Molson School of Management is at the center of a peak in trade Québecois. The city of Montreal has some of the largest corporate headquarters and marketing agencies. With access to a large number of organizations, Montreal is a city where the media are present in all forms. For the 20th edition of the competition, we had gain visibility through various promotional tools. By strengthening our relationships with a growing number of individuals in the community prohéminent Montreal business, competition, and all participants will benefit from this added value.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Yes I know its canadian, but it's also the code for california, which coincidentally is where this french speaking man has supposedly been for 20 years.

I see what you mean (marketing / viral). But I have read the webpage (french is my first language) and I can hardly see any correlation. Its simply promotion for quebecs inter-universitiy sporting competition.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

I see what you mean (marketing / viral). But I have read the webpage (french is my first language) and I can hardly see any correlation. Its simply promotion for quebecs inter-universitiy sporting competition.

are you sure it's a sporting competition and not a marketing competition?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
Is it only me getting the feeling that this was shot last week or something with a shoddy camera? The last minute or two feels like acting, can't really tell why. Besides; don't worry what will happen. Concentrate on yourself this year, let go of your fears, forgive yourself and your family, stop asking 'why me?' and start asking 'why NOT me?'. Love yourself and love others. Be at service to others, and let the plan unfold

edit on 10-1-2012 by OleMB because: (no reason given)

No despite the archaic decor in the background. (Gotta love the slide carosel on the book shelf. ) the video looks to fresh, too sharp, too colorful, to have been recorded 30 years ago. The original would have to be 8 MM or VHS. Is there a way to tell from the video what the original format for it was?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

My mistake Power_Semi,
it seems to be a simple marketing competition.
Although I still cant correlate that site to the original vid in the OP. French, American, why would quebecs marketers be involved in this ? Its a heck of a long shot IMHO.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

This year Happening Marketing is coming to you from JMSB.

For 20 years, over 500 elite students in marketing and communications, from 11 universities across Eastern Canada, compete in the largest inter-university competition in marketing in Canada. Knowledge, creativity and teamwork are put forward to allow these students and volunteers to spread their university.

www.hm2012.ca...

Finis

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't have time right now. But has anyone checked on anything related to towns in France that had a prediction that came true in 1960, and if so, what was the fate of the psychic, predictor???? What was the incident he "foresaw" in 1960 that caused such a stir he was run out (or felt the need to leave) of not only the town, but the country???? Might there be a newspaper or magazine article on this? Where to begin that search. That info might exist, but might not be on the web.........Apparently he felt some sort of persecution or ridicule that he chose to leave France permantely, (or semi permanetly if he came back, even briefly in 1980). That would back up some of this.

Still seems fake, something about the video. Not so much the quality, but it just seems "stagey".

Oh, I have seen or remember interviews during the time fram of the late 70's early 80's where the interviewer was not on camera, and often the questions where edited out, so the answers came out like a lecture. i don't know how common that was, but I know it did happen, and that's how I took this video. I also took it as he was interviewed by another French speaker. Don't know why, just the way it flowed.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

My mistake Power_Semi,
it seems to be a simple marketing competition.
Although I still cant correlate that site to the original vid in the OP. French, American, why would quebecs marketers be involved in this ? Its a heck of a long shot IMHO.

Viral marketing makes no sense to any sane person, so I understand why you can't correlate the 2.

In their minds getting lots of views (akin to the eyeballs in the early .com boom) is all important, whether or not their viral campaigns generate any sales seems to be of no concern.

Just shows you how crap modern marketing is, David Ogilvy would be spinning in his grave.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join