It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well if just earned a S&F from me. Great find even if it turns out to be fake

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I checked out the stuff in the background, looked up the Company Casrousel, and got this

Established in 1984, Carousel Recording Media has many years experience in the blank media sector, with the focus on providing DVD, video and audio media to customers throughout the UK. The company is located in South Woodchester (Stroud).

Hmm 1984 makes me think FAKE, if it is the real Company,
edit on 10-1-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

I am certainly not fluent in French...but after studying it for four years, then 3 years each of my children studying it..I can get by. Most of what I can tell matches the subtitles. But whether this is really from 1980? I have a lamp like the one behind him and I bought it last year. Not that that means anything. This is right up my alley though, I love researching and debunking...I am on it!!!

link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If you could find that book and peg its publication date, you could nail it.

link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by SolidGoal
reply to post by Power_Semi

My mistake Power_Semi,
it seems to be a simple marketing competition.
Although I still cant correlate that site to the original vid in the OP. French, American, why would quebecs marketers be involved in this ? Its a heck of a long shot IMHO.

Viral marketing makes no sense to any sane person, so I understand why you can't correlate the 2.

In their minds getting lots of views (akin to the eyeballs in the early .com boom) is all important, whether or not their viral campaigns generate any sales seems to be of no concern.

Just shows you how crap modern marketing is, David Ogilvy would be spinning in his grave.

My difficulty to correlate does not come from viral techniques, I am fully aware of that. I just don't see how Canadian universities would have an interest in a story about a French psychic living or traveling to California. I would have thought that they would have chosen something say more local. I know someone who is studying marketing in the Ottawa region, I should ask her.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by marvinthemartian

I am certainly not fluent in French...but after studying it for four years, then 3 years each of my children studying it..I can get by. Most of what I can tell matches the subtitles. But whether this is really from 1980? I have a lamp like the one behind him and I bought it last year. Not that that means anything. This is right up my alley though, I love researching and debunking...I am on it!!!

I've already debunked it, try reading the posts one page back

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
Hmm 1984 makes me think FAKE, if it is the real Company,
edit on 10-1-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

Kodak Carousel is older:
en.wikipedia.org...

link   

My mistake Power_Semi,
Although I still cant correlate that site to the original vid in the OP. French, American, why would quebecs marketers be involved in this ? Its a heck of a long shot IMHO.

Viral marketing makes no sense to any sane person, so I understand why you can't correlate the 2.

In their minds getting lots of views (akin to the eyeballs in the early .com boom) is all important, whether or not their viral campaigns generate any sales seems to be of no concern.

Just shows you how crap modern marketing is, David Ogilvy would be spinning in his grave.

My difficulty to correlate does not come from viral techniques, I am fully aware of that. I just don't see how Canadian universities would have an interest in a story about a French psychic living or traveling to California. I would have thought that they would have chosen something say more local. I know someone who is studying marketing in the Ottawa region, I should ask her.

Because they're marketing students who speak French?

So to try and be clever they use the ca to become california, the 20th anniversary to be 20 years since he moved to california from France, he can't see beyond 2012 because it's HM2012 and the obvious other connotations, there's probably other stuff in there, can't be bothered to look to be honest.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian
Does anyone speak french?
For all i know the subtitles may not even be what he is saying.

LOL, good point, he could be talking about how to apply hemorrhoid cream properly or how to make a wig look less fake them his current own does.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok wasnt sure, thats why i speculated

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
These are my reasons why I feel it's a fake.

1. He said, "I suspect that's why you've come here" regarding the 2012 predictions. Now, if his predictions were that widely known that they had grabbed the attention of the media to the point of someone wanting to do a filmed interview, surely there would be some sort of hisortical association ( of any degree ) with this guy. There just seems to be nothing.

2. He said he got a nickname which was 'The Psychic', anyone who acquires such a nickname would have had to first built up a pretty substantial reputation as a seer for people to even begin to start calling it you. Couple that with the above and him having media attention, him HAVING to leave France due to an undisclosed prediction in 1960 and the sheer volume of info in there alone would have gathered at least some fascination and info which should be out there. But nope.

As for his hesitance talking about 2012, well that's obviously been used for dramatic effect. As has the faking/photoshopping of his picture into an 80's chat show audience. Whoever did that and then called him a liar for being in France, knew full well of the knock-on effect of people ignoring that and latching onto the belief that he really, really did say this in 1980.

Just my 2cents.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
FAKE! just by looking at it for 5 seconds!

they did not have pants with that style or cut in the 80's
Th prop background with a stack of vinyl records so in your face

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh my god!! I cant even believe some of you guys believe this.. I'm french, and hes talking like you talk in 2011 2012.. he's trousers are proper 2012 jeans.. And he's wig is from the 1960, not 1980!! Do you remember Duran Duran in the eighties and their hairs?? Vraiment trop nul cette video

link   
I havn't read the entire thread so don't know if this was mentioned before but, if this was real you would expect there to be some mention of the two biggest disasters to hit mankind in hundreds of years.

The 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami which killed hunderes of thousands of people, and the 2011 tsunami which smashed northern Japan.

This dude is claiming he gets 'images' of historic world significant importance. How did he not get these two major events ?

link   
I know this has likely been said, but I have to say it again...

This video is in incredible condition considering it's 30 years old. No tracking lines, no shoddy time/date graphic. This video couldn've been made at this guy's grandma's house last week.

[this is my initial response after clicking play on the video. Now I'm off to finish the vid and to read the comments]

link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
If the video was shot in 1980, it means the guy must have been 40 when he gave the interview (he claims he was 10 when in the 50's he predicted the Man on the Moon). Well he does not look like 40 in the video but a little younger. His clothes could match the ones used in the 80's but I have to say that being the year 1980, it was like being more in the 70's than 80's and in this case his clothes and hair were not following the fashion of that period.

Behind him there's a yellow book which seems to have the title "KAROUSEL" (or CAROUSEL with a C, it's impossible to say) and under it I can read something like "OAK". I googled both words but didn't get anything. Does anybody know a yellow book like that?

If this is for real, the guy is just amazing (much better than Cayce...LOL) but I believe this to be a gigantic fake, IMHO.

Its not a book its a photo slide carosel. We had one. You put your photo slides in and they flashed up on the screen one after the other.

Peace,

Hundroid

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vschnz

What did he say that would indicate he was talking like somebody from 2011/2012?

If he'd dropped 'Lol' in there or other slang terminology I could agree but I don't get that.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I hope that clip is fake, becuase it definitely gave me the chills.... How the hell could this guy be so spot on? If he has been right leading up to 2012, who says his 2012 predictions arent true too?? Hopefully the first thing he said is right and that he passes (no offense to him), but that is better than an alien encounter that wipes out mankind....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

My mistake Power_Semi,

Because they're marketing students who speak French?

So to try and be clever they use the ca to become california, the 20th anniversary to be 20 years since he moved to california from France, he can't see beyond 2012 because it's HM2012 and the obvious other connotations, there's probably other stuff in there, can't be bothered to look to be honest.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

I see your point, but still not fully convinced (nothing personal, I just my nature). Thanks for the input power_semi. I will look on my side to see if I can find something else.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by triune
I havn't read the entire thread so don't know if this was mentioned before but, if this was real you would expect there to be some mention of the two biggest disasters to hit mankind in hundreds of years.

Maybe. He's not claiming to be an encyclopedia who can rattle off every significant thing to happen over the next 30 years. He could have also mentioned how everybody will carry cell phones in the future. Or Rwanda. Or Princess Di. Too bad he was so far off about the flying cars.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join