It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

This was already identified as a Kodak Carousel for slides.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by Power_Semi

Yes you make a very KEY point re the 'speaking English' That is the biggest give away! After all that time in US - even with an accent. Or does he just feel more comfortable expressing himself in his Mother Tongue in case things he says are taken out of context MMMmmm I'm on the fence.

there is nothing that says he moved to the US though. just that he left france.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

weve figured out its not a book its a kodak carousal i knew as soon as i saw it it wasnt a book you can tell if you look at the end the box is open

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
K....uh, is this guy for real? He has officially freaked me out. He was SPOT ON about 911 and Obama and the wars for oil and religion (although, those reasons are not all that amazing to figure out). I was amazed and then he started talking about 2012 and my amazement went to a uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my gut.

Who is he? Any proof of him besides this youtube video?

Maybe he and Michael Jackson know/knew something. The man in the video of the OP seems odd. Not sure but it could be acting.

21 sec
edit on 10-1-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
as for him speaking french honestly my uncle has been in america for about as long as this guy was and he still prefers to speak in spanish. as to why no one has seen the video before it could have been locked in a storage facility for a long time and found on storage wars for all we know lol. I honestly cant say its been debunked off of what we have so far

link   
Whether this is a hoax or not, I definitely think it's the same guy in the photograph – his nose, chin, general facial structure and cheekbones are the same.

So, my general questions are:

• Who was the poster who found the image of this person in the audience (what are the slim chances of this unless this poster on GLP was in on the hoax?).

• Was it the same person that posted the original YouTube video?

• Who edited the original 1980 footage? Again, the same person as above?

• Why now?

This is becoming more and more intriguing... something doesn't add up (I hope).

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by darknull

ya he would talk about his home which he briefly did in the begining but if you watch he says that he moved to america if you live in america arent you going to see things from were you are your perspective when he was living in france the moon landing would come up because it was historic to all humans.

Maybe.

Anyway, someone did well to find him on a French tv program from 1980 as well, imagine the chances of that. (i don't think it's him in the tv picture, it's just similar glasses, different hair colour and face if you take the glasses away)
edit on 10-1-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Yes you make a very KEY point re the 'speaking English' That is the biggest give away! After all that time in US - even with an accent. Or does he just feel more comfortable expressing himself in his Mother Tongue in case things he says are taken out of context MMMmmm I'm on the fence.

there is nothing that says he moved to the US though. just that he left france.

"In my home town in France they used to call me "the psychic"... one particular prediction came true so I was forced to leave France... so about 20 years ago I came to California."

So are we to assume that the interviewer is American and asking him questions in French, the interviewer is asking questions in English and he's answering in French (presumably the interviewer can understand french then), the interviewer has travelled to see him from France and is asking questions in French (in which case why not ask about France in the future), or what?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE HAS MENTIONED THIS cause I haven't read the ENTIIIIRE thread but............ wasn't NOSTRADAMUS also from France?????

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

if you knew stuff was going to happen before it happened and thought 2012 would be your death or the end of everything dont you think you would act a little strange yourself honestly the guy came off pretty honest to me and i would be nervous to say aliens were coming in 1980 to youd probably get locked up in a lonely bin. It seems like theres probably something out there on it though before 1980 because he says something along the lines of thats what you came here for on the alien part didnt he

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here are some references:

Reference picture from here.

My impression is:

1. He had seen all the things he is talking about. I can´t say if only in his visions or on tv (if this is a hoax)
2. If he is an actor, he´s really really good!

His face is telling the truth.
Here are some reasons why:

0:14 He talks about, why he had to leave country: His eys are constructing sounds while he say´s he was called psychic (eyes middle left), his feelings come through (eyes down left)

0:55 He says "Man will walk on the Moon in 1969" (eyes down right, does mean: talking to himself) , after this he says his parents laughed, he´s looking down left (there are his feelings again, I see dissappointment/frustration because they did not believe him)

The whole interview his eyes are (down, middle and up right) up right means: visually remembered images. He says, he always is seeing images, well that´s right.

4:12 He says: "but some kind of savior" his face says, he does not believe it´s a savior, he smiles just with one half of his mouth. ( I think the synchronity of speech and the subtitels are not perfect some seconds before that moment, when he´s talking about the black president). I think he believes that this could happen, but in his reality it seems to be kind of strange. It´s like saying: Wtf, the president is black? *and shaking his head*

4:21 The world in 100 years. Here comes the weird part! He does not really want to talk about this, but he knew he would have to, that´s why he´s smiling/expecting it. I think he had seen something. He more and more is sucking air through his teeth untill the end of the video. His hands are before his body, like a shield. He´s talking about his possible death, and his body language says, he is trying to protect himself.

5:31 Talking about the alien encounter: eyes for a second down left, feelings, his hands over his legs, like he would be pushing away something unpleasant.

5:37 He says: I suspect, that´s what you came here for. (My personal opinion is, that there are 3 other people in the room. He looks up left, for the first time. This would otherwise mean he is lying, but he is looking at a person which is standing.)

5:54 – 6:34 I wish we could hear the questions. It seems, the interviewer does not believe him: is asking if he feels happy about the encounter? The psychic get´s pissed and quits the interview. He seems to be more and more tense.

I hope he´s wrong.
But for me the fact is: He´s believing in his own words.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numino
Here are some references:

Reference picture from here.

My impression is:

1. He had seen all the things he is talking about. I can´t say if only in his visions or on tv (if this is a hoax)
2. If he is an actor, he´s really really good!

His face is telling the truth.
Here are some reasons why:

0:14 He talks about, why he had to leave country: His eys are constructing sounds while he say´s he was called psychic (eyes middle left), his feelings come through (eyes down left)

0:55 He says "Man will walk on the Moon in 1969" (eyes down right, does mean: talking to himself) , after this he says his parents laughed, he´s looking down left (there are his feelings again, I see dissappointment/frustration because they did not believe him)

The whole interview his eyes are (down, middle and up right) up right means: visually remembered images. He says, he always is seeing images, well that´s right.

4:12 He says: "but some kind of savior" his face says, he does not believe it´s a savior, he smiles just with one half of his mouth. ( I think the synchronity of speech and the subtitels are not perfect some seconds before that moment, when he´s talking about the black president). I think he believes that this could happen, but in his reality it seems to be kind of strange. It´s like saying: Wtf, the president is black? *and shaking his head*

4:21 The world in 100 years. Here comes the weird part! He does not really want to talk about this, but he knew he would have to, that´s why he´s smiling/expecting it. I think he had seen something. He more and more is sucking air through his teeth untill the end of the video. His hands are before his body, like a shield. He´s talking about his possible death, and his body language says, he is trying to protect himself.

5:31 Talking about the alien encounter: eyes for a second down left, feelings, his hands over his legs, like he would be pushing away something unpleasant.

5:37 He says: I suspect, that´s what you came here for. (My personal opinion is, that there are 3 other people in the room. He looks up left, for the first time. This would otherwise mean he is lying, but he is looking at a person which is standing.)

5:54 – 6:34 I wish we could hear the questions. It seems, the interviewer does not believe him: is asking if he feels happy about the encounter? The psychic get´s pissed and quits the interview. He seems to be more and more tense.

I hope he´s wrong.
But for me the fact is: He´s believing in his own words.

All depends on whether he's right or left handed.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Only this: In exactly what capacity do you feel your agreement is justified with his comments? I do have to wonder about that. He has made statements about his visions of the future. Your perspective on this is less than irrelevant.

People tend to write things just to sound clever. It seldom comes across that way, if ever. Think before you post.

This certainly was very, very interesting though. I will start trying to track this man down now. Great stuff. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

The old, "I beat you because I love you" tactic. I have seen my old man use this one on many occasions. Rough them up and then give them a hug afterwards so their left wondering what the heck just happened. But, it was nice to wrap it up with a compliment. You could have got your point across without all the verbal jabs at the op is all I am trying to say.

link   
All depends on whether he's right or left handed.

That´s correct!
But the fact is: looking down left is showing feelings.
Talking about his perents who were laughing at him causes strong feelings.
What would mean: The facial diagramm is correct in this case.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Numino because: (no reason given)

link   

that is a good possibility that its another French man but if hes not living in France and nothing major happens that he would hear about it in California or wouldn't effect him there what could he tell the camera man. When i was little i would have dreams about stuff that would happen and it was always looking through my own eyes unfortunately i dont dream anymore due to reasons i dont want to talk about

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

if you knew stuff was going to happen before it happened and thought 2012 would be your death or the end of everything dont you think you would act a little strange yourself honestly the guy came off pretty honest to me and i would be nervous to say aliens were coming in 1980 to youd probably get locked up in a lonely bin. It seems like theres probably something out there on it though before 1980 because he says something along the lines of thats what you came here for on the alien part didnt he

To be honest, this guy freaks me out. Meaning the man in the video
And indeed I should see this matter in a different perspective. Its a different era. Back in the day everybody knew each other on the block, now we dont even know our neighbors

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Hundroid

I too was looking for signs in the books - It could be ' Arousel ' (he is French lol)
I also am very intrigued to learn why he had to leave France? I think this will be more telling if we could find out.

Actually it's not a book, the box says "carousel" and it contains a slide projector, there's a picture of it on the box. Let me see if I can find one like it.... ah yes, Google rocks!

Edit to add: these slide projectors are 80's- era, but that doesn't mean the clip is legit. I agree with those who feel the clip is too clean-looking to have been taped in the 80's. In the mid 80's I did a movie as a college project, about all that was available to the average person back then was 8mm which was VERY choppy. Granted it may have been a studio production, but the home environment background implies it wasn't.
edit on 10-1-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

that is a good possibility that its another French man but if hes not living in France and nothing major happens that he would hear about it in California or wouldn't effect him there what could he tell the camera man. When i was little i would have dreams about stuff that would happen and it was always looking through my own eyes unfortunately i dont dream anymore due to reasons i dont want to talk about

You would have imagined he'd be quite well known to be interviewed, I've googled french psychics, clairvoyant, etc to death and can't find a thing about him.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Here is the photo...

Well, that image certainly can't be faked...

edit on 10-1-2012 by Blue Shift because: Changed Berlin Wall image.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The chrominance and luminance sampling levels are way out for that era of technology, this is clearly a hoax. Sorry if already covered.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

word of mouth reached people alot better back then than a paper might not have been documented at all. If he had a bad experience in france with it in the sixtys he could have been like keep my name out the paper.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join