It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic's predictions for 2012 -- From 30 years ago. [CONFIRMED HOAX]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InFriNiTee
I've read through this thread entirely. I agree with some of the other posters on this thread. The one thing that would've given this guy a plentiful bit of credibility is if he actually said his name in the video.

What needs to happen is someone should find out who this guy actually is. IF we had a name to work with, we would be able to verify the age of the man in the video in comparison from when it was recorded in "1980." My verdict is that this is a hoax, unless the man can be positively identified. One suggestion would be to look in the city where he said he was from, and look up psychics in his area. I'm guessing if this guy is still in California that he must have some type of psychic services that are offered to customers at a business he created (With that accurate of predictions, I do not see how the man could not open a business).

Track him down, and that will be the proof or proof of a hoax.

Star to Russo for an interesting thread.
Just did a quick google search for psychics in Los Angeles Ca. We're not going to find this guy this way thats for sure. Unless you want to make a lot of phone calls.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Astroboy2000

The CIA would definitely add period props for authenticity.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This video has been PROVEN a hoax. This guy is seen in a recent presentation of Drunvalo Melchizedeks.

(taken from a comment made on the video)
----------------------------------------

hm2012.ca...

La plus grande competition de marketing

inter-universitaire

-----------------------------------------

Seems it is a marketing company. Probably a movie.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Your avatar is awesome.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

That is so fake I dont know what to say. Good try!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Probably already been mentioned but I went to YouTube, clicked on the user who uploaded, Paranormal74. This user joined January 7, 2012 and this is the only video uploaded.

Whenever these things come up and the poster is brand new, then my gut tells me that this is some sort of viral marketing promo.

The video looks too good to be from 1980.

HOAX
edit on 10-1-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

1. His glasses don't seem to fit comfortably on his nose
2. That's a wig!
3. I don't remember anyone wearing those kinds of trousers with a jacket like that in the '70s
4. the plant in the background is just a little too obvious - it screams cliche '70s to me
5. that mug would have been removed from the piano if it was a real film. Looks like a prop to me
6. His body language is insincere and has an actor's feel about it

I might shoot a clip like this myself! And because I was a teenager in the '70s, I would get the props right because I remember what life was like in those days!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
After watching the full vid and reading through the comments, I'm of the belief that the vid is a fake. My problems include:

(1) -Tape Quality 30 years later. No deterioration, no tracking lines, no transfer problems one usually sees when transferring tape to a digital medium/computer/etc. Looks digital to me.

(2) -The first thing I noticed, is the one thing that most are using to try and legitimize the video; the only recognizable piece of evidence showing this is an early 80's vid, the "Carousel box" on the shelf. The box itself looks about 30 years old, beaten up, faded. I think I have one that looks just like that in my mom's attic. Notice everything else (books, records) are unreadable to even see what they are or if they're period.
That being said; the records too look quite old. I also don't like that the "carousel" box seems placed nearly center screen on purpose, like saying "look at me, look at me! I'm evidence! Research me!" Almost like a film set prop. See the prop placement in new movies trying to push an older timeline. 'Super 8' is a good example. They always make sure you can see the stuff that screams the year the movie is supposed to take place in.

(3) -The guy appears to be scripted. Not saying he couldn't make predictions, jot them down, then read them to camera later, but he seems to be pushing drama into the reading.

(4) -Why the professional box lighting for a shot at home video journal? Most people would take the shade off a lamp to increase lighting, not bring in expensive professional equipment. Even making a box light at home seems a bit much, when opening a curtain is cheaper and easier.

Also:

(5) -Being french doesn't "credit" the rest of the video as real. France has pranksters like the rest of the world.

Just my 2 cent.

eta>
Here's a professionally shot and remastered vid from 1980.
Notice it's not as good as the movie in the OP. Not even close.
The average person doesn't have the millions that studios have to remaster film.

edit on 10-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableDestroyer
This is completely FAKE. One thing, and one thing only sold me on it.

HIS JEANS are from a modern retail store. You can tell by the stitching, the fade in the color, the fit, and the material. I know it sounds funny, but take a look for yourself. Trust me on this one.

Jeans??? Thats what your going on? Jeans styles have not changed since the 1950's. They go tighter or looser or flared or straight but color? Indigo blue same as always. You cant tell from the jeans.

Also, the 80's was the era of the 'desigher" jean. I got my first pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans on 1980.
edit on 10-1-2012 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

link   
Woops, sorry but i made an error and did not take into consideration the bottom of the clip. Notice the strip that runs across and is distorted. This is typical of VHS or some other analog tape media. I dont think that clip started off as digital.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

link   
I say this is fake. Reason being is because this video would've been around 6 years ago when YouTube began. Also, at the end it is quite the conclusion. Whoever edited the clip wanted the end to be dramatic, but it failed. If this was captured on a show, surely they wouldn't have kept the bit of him saying "no more"

Fake, don't buy it. Even though I'd like it to be real lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
reply to post by Annee

Your avatar is awesome.

Thank you. It is me.

And it means "Are you looking in - or are you looking out".

Perspective can change any viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

Such wise words.

Namaste my friend.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have one reply to this video:

Yup! That video was made in 2011.
edit on 10-1-2012 by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sorry, such a scatterbrain today, was out late last night.

It is real video from the 80s. Subtitles could have always been added at a later date.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

My vote is HOAX.

I sent it to a friend in the film industry and they thought it was impressive. The black bar at the top combined with the tape tear at the bottom makes it look authentic, but those can be added effect. He said that was a nice touch.

The vid is just too clear to be something converted from tape. Also, I keep coming back to the interviews that were faked for the movie The Forth Kind. Rumor has it they killed their budget trying to 'dirty' up digital footage to make it seem authentic. Seems whoever did this didn't have that kind of budget.

OiO

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
before I even pressed play I knew it was fake....this was not recorded in the 1980's at all....they didnt even try that hard, damn guys, gotta do better than that!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

The resolution is too high for the time period.

It is a fake.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

The term blacks was being used as early as 1973 when I was in Jr High School. ( thats middle school for you younger ones who dont remember junior high school. )

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
I say this is fake. Reason being is because this video would've been around 6 years ago when YouTube began. Also, at the end it is quite the conclusion. Whoever edited the clip wanted the end to be dramatic, but it failed. If this was captured on a show, surely they wouldn't have kept the bit of him saying "no more"

Fake, don't buy it. Even though I'd like it to be real lol.

You dont want it to be real, if its real than that means the world IS coming to an end in 2012 with an Alien Encounter...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join