It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

bingo~~! exactly what's happening right now in Seattle WA. it's dumped 2" of snow here in the last 90mins here in Forest Grove, OR.

weatherbug states it's suppose to be 43*F today for a high, at this point, I'm not holding my breathe; if the models continue to be correct, Portland will maybe/should be socked in with snow in 2 days..

we'll have to see .. weatherbug_seattle_report

thx jrmcleod~!

edit on 18-1-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thanks for your reply Komodo. As mentioned here in my weekend update, i expected heavy snowfall for the NW of the US, which will slowly move east across the northern states. I don't understand how national weather forecasters struggle to come to the same conclusions as i have within the same time frame as i have? I guess its just the uncertainty...they don't like being wrong

I posted this thread nearly 10 days ago, whilst we were still in the midst of mild air, wondering if winter would actually arrive this year, and now we are in its grip in the areas mentioned. As an amateur weather forecaster, with limited knowledge, even i could see the tell tale signs of the change. The signals were falling into place...mainstream weather outlets are just too conservative in my opinion.

For those of you in the UK wondering where the snow is...the northern half of the UK, from around Manchester north can expect some snow even at low levels from tomorrow through to Friday, but expect more widespread snow next week as the Polar Vortex over Greenland destabalises and a blocking effect takes place.

Unfortunately i will be in Egypt from Friday onwards due to work for 10 days so wont be able to keep you all up-to-date with anything weather wise due to limited internet, however, keep your eyes on the weather channels, winter here in the UK will be arriving shortly

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
whoa~! I just looked outside and there's another 2 inches of snow.. I totally expected half of the snow earlier to be melted.. ~~!! we NOW have 4+ inches.. as of this post

here's the weaherbug report for out area
edit on 18-1-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here's some news from the other side of the world. The Kruger National Park in South Africa is flooding. It may or may not be relevant but the words used by the South African Weather Service are definitely ominous.

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — Flooding at Kruger National Park, a top tourist destination in South Africa, has caused mass closures of roads and entrance gates, blocked off access to guest camps and forced one lodge to be evacuated.

The SA Weather Service has warned South Africans to brace themselves for "strange weather" in the next few months, including heavy flooding in February.

Link

edit on 18/1/12 by AmidstBinary because: Add link

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'd just like to thank jrmcleod for causing it to rain here after a lengthy semi-drought! I'm odd and absolutely love the rain. I can't stand sunny weather. Finally, after nary a drop for most of last year and all of Winter thus far, it is forecast to rain (90% probability) tomorrow, with potential scattered Thunderstorms. Thanks, jrmeleod!

In all seriousness, though, I can confirm a temperature drop and greater forecast precipitation here in the Bay Area for those keeping track of where you were right on the money with. It’s been down in the 30s at night here, which is pretty cold for us. I know all you snow people are thinking ”that’s not cold!” but when you’re used to your worst weather being fog...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
More weather updates...

a town not far from us, call Veronia, is under a state of emergency due to power outages and flooding.. the coast is having 110mph winds ..

source KGW

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I don't know, I think people just exaggerate things a lot, I mean winter happens every year, it gets cold, but every year winter comes, and every year people get surprised. I guess it's just me, but the day I'll be surprised is the day that winter doesn't come around. It's actually pretty chilly now, we've had -30 and lower with the wind here.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Hello again Mr McLeod another quick update from the area I am situated in you will know of because of my posts in other threads. Well I take my hat off to you again as all day here the wind has been gaining strength and I guesstimate that we have been suffering sustained gusts of 40-50mph here. There has been rain with it also but that has been sparse with only the odd cloud breaking and a slight downpour.

I know your fantasy island models predicted snow but as anybody that has followed your posts with on ounce of common sense will understand they are just that...fantasy predictions that have been 90% correct so far ! I for one am not bothered if you are incorrect about what adverse conditions we are going to suffer the fact that you are right about adverse weather is good enough for me and I take my hat off to you again for giving us warning.

We seem to have lost a few people, from our isle from your earlier threads on this one, but I am still behind you and think that ats should give you some recognition for your contribution to the site in the near future, for warning people and maybe saving people from finding themselves in dangerous situations, climbers, fell walkers, roofers etc ect.

Anyway you said that you will be off to the middle east for ten days so I would like to wish you luck. I hope that things go accordingly on whatever work assignment it is that you are undertaking. May you return to bonny Scotland to feast on lorne sausage, haggis & tablet with Gods speed, safe and well.

edit on 19/1/2012 by theguygeeza because: Spelling mistake

edit on 19/1/2012 by theguygeeza because: Slight addition

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here in Southwest VA and we usually have a mean winter. Past few years have been especially bad. This year though it seems were rounding out in the 60s on our way to February. Im not sure its ever coming

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
For those of you in the UK wondering where the snow is...the northern half of the UK, from around Manchester north can expect some snow even at low levels from tomorrow through to Friday, but expect more widespread snow next week as the Polar Vortex over Greenland destabalises and a blocking effect takes place.

I disagree on that, but I think that after next weekend things may get a bit interesting here

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
We are getting our biggest snow storm of the season
right now. Wind is blowing from 3 different directions,
causing a lot of drifting, dangerous driving, the streets
are ice as the temps are close to zero. Hoping the
electric doesn't go out. Thought I would drop by with
a weather update. Anyone else getting hit out there.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
and I don't want to play the global warming card, but something is erring with our planet right now

It's not a 'card' - it is fact according to 98% of the scientific organizations on earth, the US and other Militaries, NASA, etc. So you are in good company. Kudos to you for paying attention.

Here is the list: en.wikipedia.org...

And this is why when you hear someone say that "them thar scientist are in on a global warmin hoax ta line thair pockets!" it cracks me up.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I havent had time to digest this just yet. Alot of good information thow. Im down in texas so we will let yall know whats going on with the cold. I personally dont see it happening over here but thats just a hunch which dont mean jack crack popple lol. Appreciate it and keep it up! Very informative

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I disagree on that, but I think that after next weekend things may get a bit interesting here

Just to confirm, that shortly after i took off from Aberdeen Airport yesterday morning, there was a lot of snow inland Scotland. There wasn't any at my house, on the coast but as we climbed it was quite widespread.

I'm in Egypt just now with work so i cant post an update on this weeks forecasted weather for the UK or US due to limited internet so i would appreciated it if someone could provide an update for people in the Norther US states and the UK for this coming week. Last i checked the models were predicting a good cold snap for the UK from the middle of this week onwards, maybe someone can help out in my absence?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It has been as high as 80 degrees F here in Anderson County Texas about 14 hours ago and is in the mid 60s now... It's unusually warm but who knows, it could get cold and even snow as late as March or April... I'm hoping that this coming summer isn't as bad as it was last year.. The daily high temperature was 118 degrees F a couple of times and seldom less than 110.... It was the hottest summer on record for this area...

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well we just got the Internet back late last night and we had power a few hours earlier. Everything ended up freezing where I'm at so ice encased branches and sometimes trees were snapping in half. I would post some pictures of my truck sickle but it's not letting me upload pictures.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Any predictions for Europe? Especially Germany? I hope to see some snow again

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Not sure where you are located, but where I am, we have had cold, as always, since last month. Doesn't seem any milder to me!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Went from 11 degree's to 5 degree's in about an hour here in Bodmin. Currently having Hail storms

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

The temperature plummeted here in Basingstoke last night too... Went from mild to freezing cold in a few hours!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join