It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well the temperature has certainly dropped here in the south east UK.
We had quite a good frost and the puddle of water in my garden froze.
Imo if this keeps up then I am in strong agreement for a possible snow event here in the UK, given the right conditions.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
Mr Mcleod sir!

I was still awake at 5am and the wind was really picking up here in NW UK. It started gusting badly, so much so, my window made a terrific bang when a gust tried to open it after I secured it during Bowbag2.

I consider where I live to be fairly sheltered having lived in some pretty wild and exposed places in the UK. Were we due for an uptick in the winds too?

Rainbows
Jane

Hi, I did notice when looking on the METO over the past couple of days that there were some gust forecasts for around 20 - 30 mph for thursday.
It did get a little gusty here yesterday, but nothing like we have had over the past couple of wind events.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IncarnationSix

What we are seeing here is a change in the dynamics of the weather pattern across the Northern Hemisphere. The set up that has brought us this milder weather is shifting and its becoming more favourable for cold lovers. The US could be particularly hard hit around the area's below from around the beginning to middle of next week onwards. The UK, by standards of late will also experience a bite, that will come as a shock to most. There is also the potential for Europe to be in a bit of a freeze later on, around the 20th January, which, if all other ingredients fall into place (speculation at present) could lead to a sustained colder period for the UK around the 20th-25th January.

My advice here would be to prepare for cold, if it materialises (dependent on severity) at least you are ready. There is no harm or fear mongering intended here. This is a legitimate forecast for potentially very wintry weather for the US and the UK/Europe. Take the advice or leave it...time will tell

This is a conclusion on what the models in the OP are illustrating. This thread was never meant to be a forecast, and most can see that. I have tried to show that the weather patterns that have been associated with winter from November through to January is going to change to a more "normal" outlook. I did this because of these threads below, which were causing confusion and concern...

Will we have a winter this year?
The joy's of spring in JANUARY
Earth's climate unraveling

Can we please put this issue to bed now?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

This "windy" weather was the proceeding of a cold front that brought colder air south over the UK. This cold front was part of a low pressure that tracked north of Scotland but it wasn't very notable.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Double post

edit on 13/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Thank you Jamie. Wind has settled but still unusually 'warm' here for this time of the year.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I live in the Greater London area, not too far from Heathrow. We had our first frost this year, this morning.

It's definitely getting more nippy as the days pass.

Although most of this week has been incredibly mild, i actually got overheated walking to the shops with the sun out and winter coat on.

I got a cab this morning and the cabbie told me the gritters have been out in force since Tuesday. So they are obviously expecting a cold snap bringing ice or snow with it.

We may have a Winter after all.

edit on 13-1-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Is what I was saying earlier on in the thread, gritters are unusually busy here again too. I admit that winter is nothing new but the speed in which it's arriving is a little quicker than normal.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

This is nothing,we`ve had mild winter here in the South of the UK plenty of times in the past couple of decades.i`m betting the same is true for N.America too.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thank you Mr. McCleod for the heads up. Caught this a couple days ago and was able to fill in the precautionary items before the hords hit the market the day before the snow actually began to fall here. I am in Easter KY USA. It began snowing yesterday afternoon, then tapered off to intermittent overnight. Total 2 inches, which isn't much but enough to call off schools in my area. It continued to intermittent snow today with only one additional inch of snow. I look forward to your weekend update and models for next week and the following too. Finally the snow is here and the pre/re blooming of my plants will finally get to go dormant. Question: how far does your model go into the future? Wondering if spring will be late or unusually cool, they are always wet so thats a given. Congrats on a successful thread, aside from trolls, your information is several days ahead of MSM, so like being prewarned. Thanks again,

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Yes, sir, except you were right, weren't you?

Note to ATS: perhaps an honorary emoticon shivering its pants off, as per this outstanding and accurate thread has, as of today, demonstrated?

Excellent.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
thats a pretty rapid decline in temperature although i'm not too worried living on the coast, we get the warming effect off the ocean southwest wind, it snows when the winds are northeasterly.

I said this 4 days ago.

www.weatheroffice.gc.ca...

snowfall warning issued due to a front moving down from alaska, nice..lol

and the winds are coming from northwesterly it seems so this is just all wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Winter certainly is back here. It's -1° and yesterday it has been snowing. It's white outside and i hate it

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Quite shocked in the temperature drop this weekend.

Was 12 deg C during week here on the South coast of the UK, last night it dropped to -3 deg C (the coldest this winter bar far)

And today it's sunshine with a beautiful blue sky, but -5 deg C (23F) - A bit of a change from 12!

edit on 14-1-2012 by Ozvaldo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Figure I should give you a star and flag now, because we went from +10-12C for the past month and a bit, to -4 two nights ago, and right now I'm looking at about half a foot of snow outside my house. First real snowfall of the season too.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Your prediction my friend seems to be coming into fruition! Last night in central England, we had a pretty massive frost. It happened suddenly since the past few days have been mild. -3 showed up on my car thermometer this morning at 9am. It hit about 3 degrees C this afternoon but it seems to be cooling again. So yeah I think your prediction is pretty accurate so far

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nice thread.

The one thing to take to heart as we continue tap dancing into 2012 is that THERE IS NO NORMAL ANYMORE. Not only weather, but human consciousness, magnetics, electromagnetics, astrology, DNA, etc. Get ready for change, change is coming and even change is changing. No matter what goes on around you, stay in your center. The change doesn't have to be good or bad, it can just be change. Here's to heading into the hurricane! Pull up the anchors.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Mr Mcleod, I have tried to warn friends again on face book but they never listened about the storms so will probably think I am making things up again. I have posted links that make it easy to follow but I am sure 95% will take no notice.

I take my hat off to you again, you have been right so many times in the past. I just hope it is not as bad as the winter of 1995, the drifts were immense then.

All the best and congratulations on another warning that is nearly correct again, a couple of days difference can't be helped, well done.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OK you were right now make it go away. 16 F here in Southwest Michigan and a foot of snow

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join