It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Leader of UK calls Scots Extremists

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

All these media corporations are owned by the same cabal - Its in the agenda of TPTB for Scotland to become "independent" to isolate and weaken Britain and move them closer to their plan of one world government.

Regardless of what media manipulation is taking place in either country - London media is not anti-scottish because lets face it in Scotland you have it better than you do in England. You get free higher education, free prescriptions - These progressive acts are subsidised by the British Government and also lets not forget, that it was a Scottish king that helped create the idea of Britain, and also until as recent as 2010 we had a Scottish PM.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
The mainstream media in the UK is London centric, you'll agree with that.

The Scottish media's no longer like that.

On the contrary, the mass media in Scotland is mainly sasunnach, based in Glasgow and Edinburgh (the later being a British, not Scottish, name btw) - as indeed is the Govt. No different to the situation in England.

And anything north of Stirling is pointless, empty wasteland fit only for wind turbines ......

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

And anything north of Stirling is pointless, empty wasteland fit only for wind turbines ......

Cant argue with that. I vote for Aberdeen to be governed via Norway.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

sorry again,it was the french in 1604,nice try though

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

the french colonized N.S and called it acadia,the british came after to take it from the french,and needed scotish warriors to do their fighting for them, after the english won,the acadiens went south to florida,an new orleans.
and if is any cosequence,rumour has it that henri sinclair of rosslyn visited N.S 100 years before, the natives held him in high regard,and thats where the glooscap legend began.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

I agree with you, and I live in England.
This whole Independence thing is a bad thing waiting to happen.

People of Scotland, don't listen to 'Little Hitler Salmond'.

He's a nasty wee man.Only good for breeding hatred and lining his own pockets.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by alldaylong

sorry again,it was the french in 1604,nice try though

Take my advice and STOP NOW. You are making yourself look like a complete fool. First you blame The English, for colonizing Nova Scotia,you got that wrong and now you blame The French. .

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Of course I realise that almost everything in the UK is London centric - I was born and bred in N.E. England and have witnessed the effects of this situation as much as anyone else.

In 2004 we had a vote for a North East Regional Assembly.
Unfortunately there was an overwhelming vote against it.
It was viewed as the implementation of another layer of government, which with hindsight it might have been, instead of stripping Westminster of some power and devolving it to the regions.
The whole vote was massively under reported and I can't recall much public debate at all - the pro assembly arguement was given hardly any exposure at all in MSM.

Over the last few years I have witnessed a massive disenchantment with all the major political parties and an increased sense of both hopelesness and apathy.

The North East retains nothing of it's former glories.
Between The Tories and New Labour it has been stripped of everything that made it great.

I would love to have the chance for us to govern ourselves free from only minimal interference from Whitehall.
But it won't happen under the current electoral and parliamentary systems which places adherence to party line and personal advacement before the cares, concerns and interests of constituents and the electorate.

As I have said previously I visit Scotland frequently and have many Scottish friends.
Yes, I have noticed a slight increase in nationalism, but not massively.

There are ties that bind our nations tightly together, but there are also differences that require recognition.

Personally I would devolve much power to the regions, increase the use of referendums at all levels of government, give the electorate the power of recall, abolish party allegiances, rolling governments etc all within a federal system similair to the Swiss model.
But that requires a radical change of mindset that neither TPTB or MSM would allow.

Scotland has an inalienable right to self-determination, I for one just hope they don't choose to sever all ties with the rest of the UK, because rest assured unlike Ireland it would be complete seperation.
United we might have a chance to change the Union for the better.....separate we will both be weaker, and I personally see no sense in that whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"While Scotland (on their own) have never successfully conquered another nation (as far as I'm aware) they have attempted before, numerous invasions of England"

They truly are "mighty Scottish warriors"

Epic lolz.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Scottish Warriors have been some of the greatest throughout history - They were just unlucky to be placed in such close proximity to the English, and to be locked mainly in wars with a greater power. The very fact that Scotland is here today is testament to the cunning, strength and courage of the Scots and their people.

They helped build the British Empire, without them Britain and ergo England wouldn't of been what it was.
edit on 9-1-2012 by RebellionOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
yup always well thought of the services of scottish soldiers were often sought as mercinaries down the centuries

Originally posted by RebellionOutlaw
Scottish Warriors have been some of the greatest throughout history - They were just unlucky to be placed in such close proximity to the English, and to be locked mainly in wars with a greater power. The very fact that Scotland is here today is testament to the cunning, strength and courage of the Scots and their people.

They helped build the British Empire, without them Britain and ergo England wouldn't of been what it was.
edit on 9-1-2012 by RebellionOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Therefore Nick Cleg is calling the majority of Scots extremists.

The guy is a buffoon and totally clueless.

Methinks they are getting deparate.

This is Nick Clegg we're talking about. The Liberal Democrats would've never gotten into power if the idiots who said they were angry at Labour ruining the UK financially wouldn't have voted them again anyway.

I'm all for Scotland and Wales getting their independence because why should a government based in London dictate how those countries are run? Plus you lot in Scotland get your university fees paid for you and free medication so again, us running you makes that unfair too because we should all get it or none of us should.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think that we should just scrap the idea of having Scotland and annexe it into England, which should have been done a long time ago. That would be one up the back passage for Salmond

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We should just abolish the idea nations, countries and states all together.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
More nationalistic nonsense YAY

Isn't in funny ... when we're in a depression (recession.. whatever) and people are losing their jobs and everything is crap and times are heard, we find ways to open old wounds and start attacking those who have nothing to do with anything.

Look at the racism that has seemingly infested football again.... even Stan Collymore getting racially abused on Twitter.... when times are good you don't get as much of this stuff.

All those "Train Racism" videos recently...

Anyway on to this load of ****

So I think what makes Britain Great, is the fact that we are a United Kingdom.... it works.... it's good.

Scotland, Wales, NI, none of them get screwed any more than the average English person.... I guess it's all about perception..

I think if Scotland want to leave (although all polls clearly show they don't) then the people should vote and if successful, let them leave.
I don't think they will be as successful as a singular entity within the EU as they are as a United force with the rest of the UK

I have nothing vested in this, I'm not a nationalist and it affects me in absolutely no way.

But I just think we seem to have something good... something that isn't perfect (no system or arrangement ever is) but something that is good for Britain.

Anyway... as I said, I don't mind either way but we'll see what happens I guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
These things are always there, just in hardship scapegoats and other factors are more apparent. The hardship we all face isn't so bad then I feel like I'm getting a fair deal.

BUT these perceptions are changing - People are awake to a certain degree, the bail out told the whole nation who the real enemy was - Things changed, have changed and are forever changing.

- Polls can never be trusted and are one of the main tools used by TPTB to manipulate people's opinion through the sheep factor.
edit on 9-1-2012 by RebellionOutlaw because: Missed

link   

edit on 9-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Freeborn

There would be no reason at all why an independent Scotland could not work together with an Independent England on any number of issues. At the moment Scotland has little or no say in many deciscions taken by Westminster. For example we are have been dragged into several wars which I doubt Scotland would have volunteered for. Tony Blair could have taken England to war in Iraq but he would have needed to ask Scotland to chum him along. We would have given him two fingers to that suggestion.

In many ways I think a separate Scotland would benefit England in a lot of ways.

I hear many English talking abouts Scotlands free University and free prescriptions and free care for the elderly. These things are not free. They have to be paid for somewhere. Scotland gets a block grant of money from Westminster. The Scottish government chooses how to spend the money. If they choose to give free prescriptions it means there is something else they can't do.

Uni fees in Scotland are paid back later. Not free.

Free care of elderly only extends to nursing care, not personal care which has to be paid for, but is means tested. Even the free nursing care is proving to be expensive and is being considered for scrapping.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Uni fees are paid back later in England not Scotland, Scottish citizens don't have to pay at all - The pay they get from Westminster, without that this is why Independent Scotland would not benefit the Scottish people.

Scotland do have a say over Westminster, Scottish MPs are within Westminster, its not just English MPs, we even had a Scottish Prime Minister - THE RELATIONSHIP IS NOT ALL ONE WAY.

The Act was introduced by the Labour government in 1998 after the 1997 referendum. It created the Scottish Parliament, setting out how Members of the Scottish Parliament are to be elected,[3] making some provision about the internal operation of the Parliament [4] (although many issues are left for the Parliament itself to regulate) and setting out the process for the Parliament to consider and pass Bills which become Acts of the Scottish Parliament once they receive Royal Assent.[5] The Act specifically asserts the continued power of the UK Parliament to legislate in respect of Scotland.[6]

The Act devolves all powers except over matter it specifies as reserved matters.[7] It further designates a list of statutes which are not amenable to amendment or repeal by the Parliament[8] which includes the Human Rights Act 1998 and many provisions of the Scotland Act itself. Even when acting within its legislative competence, the Act further constrains the powers of the Parliament by inhibiting it from acting in a manner incompatible with the European Convention on Human Rights or European Community law.[9] The same constraints apply to acts of the Scottish Executive.[10]

en.wikipedia.org...

There are a few things which Westminster control, (i haven't studied this in like four years so my memory isn't too great on it) - If i remember correctly its tax and interest rates.

The only point any of our countries are "independent" within GB is because of GB because of the United Kingdom - we have a bit of power to stand up to the EU-NAZI-TECHNOCRATS, but without the United Kingdom - We would be powerless.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join