It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deputy Leader of UK calls Scots Extremists

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Oh please hurry and let Scotland gain independence!!

Then we can finally watch them calling for our aid when they lose all their little perks.

One being no more free University. They want independence, then let them have it In every way.

Then watch as the Scots run to emigrate to England like the rest of Europe, wonder why?

edit on 9-1-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

Why do you people insist on continuing to spread this myth of The Scots receiving continued and excessive handouts from our better off, over the border friends? It is a complete falsehood and should cease immediately. Do some research and do not come back and insult us with the suppressed figures of The Office for National Statistics.

When you discover the truth, we will be happy to have you here as long as your paperwork is in order.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
As to the OP, Mister Clegg is an utter buffoon. This English public schoolboy, coming to Scotland and rubbishing the governing party as extremists ... a party elected with an outright majority under a PR system ... well, Clegg's misjudging things very badly & that's being charitable.

But then so is Cameron, again an English toffee nosed twit, sticking his nose in when it's not wanted.

Those aren't my words, incidentally, they're those of a Scottish friend who doesn't want independence. Her hackles have been raised, as have those of many others, simply by an English person telling Scots what they can and cannot do.

For the avoidance of any doubt, sovereignty in Scotland doesn't lie with the British Parliament. It never has. Sovereignty lies with the Scottish people. That was upheld by a court decision in the 1950's and no amount of wheeled out constitutional experts from south of the border can change that.

That means that the Scottish Parliament can hold a referendum on devo max and independence whenever it chooses. And like other parts of the Commonwealth, if it isn't "granted" independence it can jolly well take it anyway, like the United States, Rhodesia etc etc. Or life can be made so difficult for the ruling British powers in Scotland that they will simply be unable to govern with any authority.

Vive the auld alliance

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm American but I've always thought that the independent scotland movement was even sillier than the American south still being worked up over the civil war. I'm sorry my state didn't want slavery! But anyways the bbc always brings those people up and it's like look at the nutjobs in your country seeing as how there if anything more extreme and worked up over events that took place like 700 years ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingdutchman2112

'I'm sorry my State didn't want slavery' - I'm assuming that's a joke...albeit in poor taste.

If it isn't, leave the discourse to enlightened human beings, redneck!
edit on 9-1-2012 by YeshuaPiso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingdutchman2112
I'm American but I've always thought that the independent scotland movement was even sillier than the American south still being worked up over the civil war. I'm sorry my state didn't want slavery! But anyways the bbc always brings those people up and it's like look at the nutjobs in your country seeing as how there if anything more extreme and worked up over events that took place like 700 years ago.

Like 700 years ago or 700 years ago? I know its difficult for Americans to think of historical events further on than, like 200 years ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
This week theres seems to have been a raft of gaffs from senior politicians in Westminster.

The guy is a buffoon and totally clueless.

Methinks they are getting deparate.

This is about as accurate statement as you can make about the westminster morons.
When you have a bunch of people who are where they are not because of ability but because of their fecundity, # is all you get.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Numpty1

Or 20 minutes ago...got to have full concentration on American Gladiators, Beauty and the Geek and WWE.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A part of me thinks there is a bit of reverse psychology from cameron here knowing full well that his toffee nosed twatness and arrogant statements will enrage even the most ardent unionist!

If the Jocks want to go alone I say good luck to you my fellow islanders, just dont make the border to tight as I love the Edinburgh festival and tabbing around the Lochs!

You can take back all of your Westminster based politicians too.. Sorry about that guys, but thats how it goes!

Methinks maybe it could help to bring a more balanced relationship between us all on this island who knows?

I just hope that the dirty scummy EU keeps its dirty fingers off any part of this island.

That is my only fear

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingdutchman2112
I'm American but I've always thought that the independent scotland movement was even sillier than the American south still being worked up over the civil war.

And this is where your lack of historical malfeasance shows.
I know we should not visit the sins of the father onto the children, but, returning the property stolen during a burglary in which the lawful occupants were murdered and raped, is not the same thing.
Rightful property into the rightful owners hands, nothing more nothing less, im welsh and feel a cultural empathy towards scotland as we as a people had to deal with the same treatment and theft of a NATION.
Give it back you stupid english kernigit, your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.
now give it back or i shall have to taunt you a second time.....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

The remains of a quote I used as my signature literally years ago which I haven't completely edited out...but your point is?

That I can't have an opinion on something that is dear to me?
What point of this post, www.abovetopsecret.com... or this one, www.abovetopsecret.com... don't you understand?

I despise our government with a passion and I despise the system that produced both it and the people that are in it.
I also support the right of self-determination.
I just hope that when granted that right the Scottish do not vote for full dissolution of The Union.
Even though there are many faults with The Union I think we would all be better off retaining some links within some sort of direct democratic federal system.

What's hard about that to understand?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

"I just hope that when granted that right the Scottish do not vote for full dissolution of The Union"
Spoken like a true Englishmen.

I,ll assume you can work out why most Scots would find that offensive?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Numpty1

No I don't , please enlighten an arrogant Englishman because I assure you there is no offence intended.

Or maybe you are just looking for something to be offended by to justify your dislike of those arrogant English bastards?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Numpty1

I, for one, will not assume he'll be able to work out why it's offensive.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
And he doesn't disappoint....

Priceless!

link   

It doesn't matter what you or any other RUK'er thinks. Doesn't matter what I think.

It's for the Scots to decide. Can't you get that ? Your opinion & that of those living in RUK simply doesn't matter.

My gf has pointed out there's more pandas in Scotland than there are conservative MP's. Quite true, that's certainly put Mister Cameron's views on the subject into the right perspective.

link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Numpty1

No I don't , please enlighten an arrogant Englishman because I assure you there is no offence intended.

Or maybe you are just looking for something to be offended by to justify your dislike of those arrogant English bastards?

Take your time.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Clegg will become the pariah that we all know he is , Cameron will find a safe tory seat for him and he will defect under a terrible cloud because no Lib Dem voter will want him.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Numpty1

[snipped]

I've made my opiniion clear...Scotland has every right to be able to decide it's own future...but you in your arrogance have to play wit words.
If no offence is intended then none should be taken unless you need to to justify your own ignorance and bigotry.

Regardless of nationality or viewpoint you Sir are displaying all the traits of a complete [snipped]

I have many Scottish friends and visit Glasgow regularly, none have been offended when I have said the same thing to them as they fully understand the spirit it is intended.

The arrogance of the oppressed with their chip on their shoulder, always seeking offence wherever none is intended.

Pathetic.

edit on Mon Jan 9 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You've been here long enough to know what the consequences will be for posting that.

You could've just said "I disagree" and left it at that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join