It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hello ATSer.

I would consider myself a rather tolerant person. I don't care what colour, religion or sexual persuasion someone is. I believe as humans living human lives, we all deserve the same respect. But I will admit my shame at believing the 5 points raised in this fine article.

A conservative commentator recently made headlines by claiming 10 percent of all of the world's Muslims are terrorists. An amazing claim, considering that equals 150 million terrorists and if each were to pull off an attack killing just 40 people, they could exterminate all non-Muslim life on earth.
Either they're not all that dedicated to terrorism, or the claim is utter insanity.
Well, if there's one thing everyone thinks of when they hear "Cracked.com" it's "friend of Islam." Which is why we feel compelled to clarify a few misconceptions for our readers. Also, there is no way this article will ever come back to haunt us in any way.

www.cracked.com...

I'm sure this article is going to cause a lively debate so please read the article before posting.

Thanks and enjoy.

ALS

ETA: we must look at this topic objectively, without the debate of "they can't live here!". The article (and subsequently this thread) deals with the misconceptions we have been taught.
edit on 8-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

#5. If You're a Muslim Woman, You Have to Wear the Veil

For millions of people in the West, when you say "Islam," the first mental image that pops into mind is this:

A two-person Scotch-garded version would sell like hotcakes.
A woman covered head to toe in a burqa. The truth is, if you could suddenly gather all of the Muslim women on the planet into one giant room and had to throw a football to someone wearing a burqa, it'd be next to impossible to complete that pass.
But the whole hide-them-under-a-veil thing must be pretty big among Muslim communities, otherwise Europe wouldn't be all in in a dither over the things, pushing for bans and whatnot. Right?[\quote]

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
1.It is indeed nothing to do with Islam why the Muslim women are forced to wear the Veil or Burkha,but its the men who force them into it.

2.Whether Americans like it or not,the founding fathers were Christians and were VERY racist.When they said ''equality between all men''(or something along those lines)they were actually talking about WHITE men only.There would be no Muslims in America if the founding fathers were still around because they would of driven them out by now.

3.Being an Arab does not make you a Muslim.They are right about that.

4.Once upon a time,the Christians were indeed just as brutal as the Muslims but sadly,the Muslims haven't changed their ways one bit unlike the Christians which is why i look at their religion as quite odd and i do not wish to have it here.

5.Islam is indeed stuck in the dark ages because once you add science to Islam.....there is no Islam.(science doesn't seem so bad now does it?)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

A conservative commentator stating 10 percent of all muslims are terrorists? How ridiculous! So ridiculous i doubt it was stated at all by a non muslim, sounds like typical muslim anti western propaganda.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
1.It is indeed nothing to do with Islam why the Muslim women are forced to wear the Veil or Burkha,but its the men who force them into it.

2.Whether Americans like it or not,the founding fathers were Christians and were VERY racist.When they said ''equality between all men''(or something along those lines)they were actually talking about WHITE men only.There would be no Muslims in America if the founding fathers were still around because they would of driven them out by now.

3.Being an Arab does not make you a Muslim.They are right about that.

4.Once upon a time,the Christians were indeed just as brutal as the Muslims but sadly,the Muslims haven't changed their ways one bit unlike the Christians which is why i look at their religion as quite odd and i do not wish to have it here.

5.Islam is indeed stuck in the dark ages because once you add science to Islam.....there is no Islam.(science doesn't seem so bad now does it?)

Very few of the founding fathers were Christian, racist on the other hand yeah

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I love Cracked. I used to read it as magazine. The humor is pretty subtle, but hilarious as well. Now they are spinning off into the pointing out facts, yet still using humor nonetheless.

They could very well be the "New MSM".

I do hope that they do not get co-opted.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Firstly we must look at this topic objectively, without the debate of "they can't live here!". The article (and subsequently this thread) deals with the misconceptions we have been taught.

Secondly did you read the article or just skip through? What about mohammeds "war laws" they were miles ahead of there time. He had what I would call a medieval 'Geneva convention".

But without Islam we wouldn't have modern science.

ALS

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

It was said by Glenn beck.

ALS

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well, these points are typical stereotypes in America. In Europe for example nobody would say Muslim = Arab

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

1) Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

www.evilbible.com...

There are atleast ten other verses like this in the bible.

Before anyone says I'm sticking up for Islam, I'm not, I'm simply provide counter arguments.

ALS

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Very good post
And very accurate ......
Right up to the fourth and fith point as has already been discribed
( I'd probably go against number 3 as well but not sure )
And this article seems to take a lot of its facts from American Muslims such as how many believe in evolution
If you go to some rural areas and start spouting off about evolution you'd loose your head .... Literally
I was told such a story by my interpreter about a man from his village that returned from having a western education and told the locals man had landed on the moon - well of with his head was the result
Regrettably it's a religion that's struggling to evolve due to the restrictions imposed on itself much as the Christian church has in the past

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Cracked is fanatasic isn't it. It's a rare breed of funny yet highly informative.

ALS

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Ben Franklin wasnt a racist!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

( I'd probably go against number 3 as well but not sure )

Point 3 is drastically untrue. If 61% of Muslims live in pacific Asia then Muslim cannot equal Arab.

www.pewforum.org...

ALS

edit on 8-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I am English and I held these beliefs, except for the first one. I know that not all Muslim women wear (or have to) the burka.

ALS

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Hellas

I am English and I held these beliefs
ALS

Dude you said that out loud!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I've been double checking that strongly stated picture of yours, and unfortunately it is a conclusion that one can draw from those passages.

The only thing is that most people do not try to live the things in their scriptures but only choose the positive and loving passages.

However, the Illuminati and ptb want domination and they funded the NAZI's, and the NAZI's promoted Banna, the Brotherhood and this is actually a NWO plot, because Christ is too much like Wisdom/Sophia/Mohter and Father's Love for them. Note the Church's are all run by them too so people get nothing but pure distortions.
Christ was too wimpy for the macho NAZI ones who like to force, control, hurt and torture people. They consider themselves manly men, but the ability to harm is a messy diaper and its make them tiny tots.

Live as Christ taught and unless someone understands what real Love is and have a loving kind heart, don't read anything else, maybe throw in some Buddha too, because its simply safe for them if they don't have discernment. And know love never harms but only helps and equalizes.

Anyway its the same group. Also according to the Whistle Blowers Rome created Islam, and Mohummed was a Catholic Priest. And that I believe.

So, who has brought the harshness of that faith into modern countries???? And even in the middle east where they, like the rest of the world was growing in modern civilization, suddenly ERGO the NAZI's want to shove them into this hideous trap and hiddeously abuse the women.

Like I'd be dead there, just bullhorn and screaming in the streets. I would never ever share a roof with those criminals, any man that could mistreat anyone like that.

Well Iran had a democratically elected modern Government. CIA didn't like that and they instigated the Sharia mess in there now.

So much for blaming the people, its aint the people that did it. Its NWO, and reptilian brains.

edit on 8-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The only use for anything harsh in any scripture is to tell us what the controllers are up to, but never to put into practice.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Why is it this thread reminds me of the other one about the Georgian government sending the students home with pamplets promoting Islam dress codes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think they are planning something real terrible.

And no matter what, I don't blame the people who have been so lied to and misguided, its not the grass roots people from the middle east's fault.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join