It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Well, we can indeed come up with many excuses and cultural causes for the numbers, but that does not change the reality in the end, which is that they indeed often and sometimes mostly are evil.

Wait, I'm sorry, I don't understand this statement do you mean to tell me that you believe that most Muslims are evil?

ALS
edit on 9-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

In some countries, yes. Evil.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by BO XIAN

The expert did not believe his source. He immediately contacted INDIVIDUALLY 12 other high ranking Muslim sources all around the world. They EACH ONE TOLD HIM INDIVIDUALLY 70%.

Firstly I'm going to need a source for that statement.

Do not hold your breath. This one particular poster has an interesting posting history.
Claims to be Christian.
Posts all kinds of unfounded untrue things.
Check a few posts in a few other threads.
You will see a trend.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by MrXYZ

The literal interpretation of most religions is pretty horrible...but luckily only a tiny minority takes things literally.

While that may be true in some parts of the world (such as US), there are plenty of countries where this is not true, and globally the proportion of literalists and extremists is still surprisingly high in Islam (and possibly in Christianity too, but every religion is different).

British muslim youth (page 47)

This poll works against you. Since it claims to be asked of Muslims only yet the percentages still very from SPECIFIC COUNTRY to SPECIFIC country, it is obviously a cultural (local) view and not a religious one. Otherwise all them thar Muslims would have been on the same page no matter what country they were in. Nice job.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That is just silly. Of coarse some people are evil but evil is only evil. It is not due to someones country, religion, colour or creed.

ALS

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I take it you've never been to the Middle East?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm wondering if he's ever been out the house.

ALS

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kafternin

This poll works against you. This poll works against you. Since it claims to be asked of Muslims only yet the percentages still very from SPECIFIC COUNTRY to SPECIFIC country, it is obviously a cultural (local) view and not a religious one. Otherwise all them thar Muslims would have been on the same page no matter what country they were in. Nice job.

I never claimed it was not cultural, in fact that is indeed my view. I was just disputing the "tiny minority of extremists" paradigm.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No, I havent. But I am still more inclined to believe my sources over a personal impression (anecdotal evidence) of someone on the internet that could be easily misguided.

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm wondering if he's ever been out the house.

ALS

What a valuable input into the discussion, well done!

edit on 9/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I ask again though, how many people did the poll? This number really matters if we are to get the true percentage of the countries views. (polled Vs countries population). You can't just poll one hundred people on there views then tag their stats to an entire nation.

ALS
edit on 9-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Violent Jihad as ordered/exhorted/encouraged by 109+ verses of the Koran.

The stats above indicate that in some countries it's essentially over 80%.

IIRC, the measure was . . .

--participate personally in violent acts.
--fund violent acts and actors
--provide safe houses for same
--politically and otherwise defend such acts in the body politic.
--believe that such violent acts are engaged in by TRUE MUSLIMS and that those who don't are 2nd class Muslims.

I haven't managed to track down the expert's name. I may try again. Others on ATS heard the same C2C show.

Folks may believe in the fantasy that only a small minority of Islam supports violence.

The contrary evidence is in the founding documents.

Those who don't support actively every word of the founding documents are considered and consider themselves to be 2nd class 'Jack Mormon' Muslims.

BTW, the phony cry about "out of context" is utter nonsense. The 109+ verses are NOT taken out of context at all. When context is considered, the picture is WORSE.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

This poll works against you. This poll works against you. Since it claims to be asked of Muslims only yet the percentages still very from SPECIFIC COUNTRY to SPECIFIC country, it is obviously a cultural (local) view and not a religious one. Otherwise all them thar Muslims would have been on the same page no matter what country they were in. Nice job.

I never claimed it was not cultural, in fact that is indeed my view. I was just disputing the "tiny minority of extremists" paradigm.

Well...it's a FACT that only a tiny minority are extremists

Funny enough, you accuse them of hating the rest of the non-Muslim world...yet you do EXACTLY the same thing by talking down on an entire group of people based on the actions of an extremist minority. That's like me calling all Christians uneducated dumb fools because a tiny minority believes in nonsense like a flat earth, or a 6k year old earth, or a global flood, or similar hogwash

Figured you haven't been to the Middle East though, you clearly don't know what you're talking about...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You can't just poll one hundred people on there views then tag their stats to an entire nation.

As a psychologist and sociologist, I assert very fiercely:

That's SCIENTIFICALLY FALSE.

BTW, I've been to the Middle East for a number of weeks

and

I had a Muslim as a roommate sleeping 2-3 feet from my bed--for more than a year. And he would agree with what I've written.
The issue is NOT the size of the sample vs the size of the population.

THE ISSUE

IS

HOW REPRESENTATIVE IS THE SAMPLE of the general population.

The Pew survey people use the best sampling and survey construction methodologies. They are top flight.
edit on 9/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

edit on 9/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

In other words, you have "heard" that nonsense somewhere but can't find the source (and you might not even bother looking for one)...sounds perfectly reliable

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Posts all kinds of unfounded untrue things.

Really? Prove it.

Certainly I don't post false things knowingly.

My assertions about Islam and Christianity are true to the best of my research and experiences.

I don't doubt that they are contrary to many folks' unfounded fantasies and assumptions.

Most of what I assert about Islam is in the founding documents.

I'm not impressed with the level of ignorance on ATS about such.

My Muslim roommate would agree with 99.99% of what I write about Islam. I've often checked such out with him since coming to ATS. I'm still occasionally in touch with him.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Most of what I assert about Islam is in the founding documents.

Which most Muslims don't take literally...just like most Christians don't take the bible literally. Of course they often won't openly admit to that, mostly because it can get them into serious trouble from the small group of rulers in their respective country.

My Muslim roommate would agree with 99.99% of what I write about Islam.

Sample size of 1...clearly must be true

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I remain thoroughly convinced that the bulk of folks of your perspective on ATS and elsewhere

have no more than a 0.0000000000000% interest in THE TRUTH.

However, I have made some progress . . . though I don't know if this person is the expert concerned, or not. I don't think he is.

He's at least in the ball park.

Here's an archived show for those interested:

archive.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Wellllllllllll in a period of questioning Islam, he researched its origins and dimensions very extensively over a year or so period.

He knows more about Islam than probably 90% of Muslims do.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Special Guest Host Art Bell welcomed returning guest Craig Winn (teawithterrorists(1)), an author and entrepreneur who has made an in-depth study of terrorism by conducting in-person interviews with such groups as al-Qaeda. The basic message of these Muslim fundamentalists according to Winn, is to "slay the infidels wherever you find them," which includes Christians and Jews, as well as Muslims who don't believe in the Jihad.

"I came to the conclusion that religion is poison," said Winn, who believes it is essential to fully comprehend doctrines such as the Koran in order to understand the roots of terrorism. (His soon-to-be-released manuscript, Prophet of Doom, includes all five Islamic holy books along with his commentary.) In the next ten years an American city will suffer up to a million casualties, he predicted. The cause could be a dirty bomb containing "daughter products" from nuclear reactors such as Cobalt 60 and Strontium 90. A coffee can-sized amount when exploded 200 ft. into the air, could make a city uninhabitable for a hundred years, he said.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Guests:

Craig Winn

"According to Allah the most vile of creatures is a peace-loving Muslim," said author and Islamic terror expert Craig Winn (teawithterrorists(1)), Tuesday night's guest on the show. Winn said his study of translated versions of the Koran and the Hadith (books of Mohammed's teachings) show the manuscripts to be riddled with exhortations to commit violence and terror against those who don't follow their doctrine.

"Muslims are the victims of Islam…The greatest service we can do for mankind is to release them from this tyranny," Winn continued. He believes that the public is widely misled about Islam, thinking that it is a peaceable religion that was hijacked by a small segment of fundamentalists, when it is actually based on violent teachings. Winn puts forth that the western world must own up to the fact that "Islam is at war with us." One of Winn's solutions is to try and separate fundamentalist doctrine from the money that powers it.

He does not believe that al-Qaeda masterminded the 9-11 attacks, but rather it originated from a different terrorist group based out of a mosque in Hamburg, Germany. "There will be another attack in the next decade and it will be much more massive than 9/11," said Winn. He speculated that New York or Washington would be hit by a radiological or biological weapon that could potentially kill 30,000 people. Winn believes that America's potential strike in Iraq is misguided and that we should pull our troops back. "Iran is infinitely more dangerous. We're picking the wrong villain at the wrong time for the wrong reason," he said.

1. www.teawithterrorists.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Most of Winn's "analysis" is based on the Koran itself, and by interviewing TERRORISTS (he freely admits that!) and NOT by analyzing the general Muslim population. That's like focusing on the horrible parts in the bible (that no sane person takes literally), and then basing your opinion about Christianity on interviews of some crazy Christian fundamentalists like Pat Robertson

edit on 9-1-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join