It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I know that Islam has been vilified in the West to an extent, but I do not think that what Vandalour posted can even remotely be compared to the Old Testament of the Bible. Comparatively, one is obviously much more violent than the other.

The main problem I have with Islam, and it isn't the only one, is that their teachings contain horrifying things such as those posted by Vandalour. That is just scratching the surface. At least in modern times Christians are spreading love, respect, etc...

They aren't preaching to kill all non-Christians. There may be some, but not many. And both religions were violent before the modern centuries. And to whoever said the founding fathers were Christian racists didn't pay attention in school. Well actually I didn't learn anything about that in high school, but in college.

The issue of equality among blacks was a prevalent issue at the time of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and many thought that slaves should be freed, and many in fact were. The founders, for the most part, were not Christian in the traditional sense. Most believed in a Creator, but in a different way.

Such as the founders who were masons, which simply requires a belief in a higher-power, which doesn't have to be the Abrahamic God. Heck, many believed in aliens as well, which wasn't a widespread belief at that particular time, at least to my knowledge.

What it all comes down to, IMO at least, is that since the cultures are different there will be animosity between them. People get upset when Christians bash Muslims, but Muslims bash Christians just as much. So what conclusion can we draw from this? Neither is right, therefore both are wrong. Both should be more tolerant.

And those who practice acts that are inhumane in the name of religion, whether Christian or Muslim, should get what is coming to them. I have a hard time believing the prophet of Islam more than the counter-part in Christianity, although I don't subscribe to either, simply because when I study history I tend to believe the earliest account.

Someone who pops up so long after Jesus, making the claims he did, while at the same time teaching things that hurt fellow humans, I cannot stomach. The former is easier for me to stomach, but it has its problem as well. So as I said, both are wrong in their actions, and although I find one's teachings more palatable than the other, I do not think down on anyone of that religion, simply because most were taught those things from the time of their birth.

People think Arab goes hand in hand with Islam because they are ignorant of geography I suppose, lol. The bottom line is that ANY religion that teaches murder, rape, pillaging, etc, should be avoided. If this is what Christianity or Islam teaches, then they should both be avoided.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

GTFO zionist bastard

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Ahhhhhhh . . . so . . . taking some rather infrequent to rare and exceptional cases from the Old Testament

now

EQUALS

the 109+ violent exhortations in Islam's founding documents

THAT THE WAY OF VIOLENCE IS AN INHERENT,

ALWAYS,
ROUTINE,
EVERLASTING [AT LEAST UNTIL THERE ARE NO NON-MUSLIMS LEFT ALIVE]

POLICY,
WAY OF LIFE,
SET OF EDICTS,
RULES OF LIFE,
CUSTOMS,
REQUIREMENTS

OF ALL MEMBERS OF ISLAM.

------------

I gather we're supposed to think that's

truly equal and logical???

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
not sure but this may have been discussed in previous thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

1) Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

www.evilbible.com...

There are atleast ten other verses like this in the bible.

Before anyone says I'm sticking up for Islam, I'm not, I'm simply provide counter arguments.

ALS

Yes but there is a BIG differens christians dont take the words of the bible literally as muslim do of the quran
perhaps the Knights Templars, but thats like 1000 years ago.. the MAJORITY of muslims live by the law of the quran.. and thats a big problem when there are 1.570 billion muslims in the world.

Saying Islam is bad is nothing to do with racism.. its nothing to do with race.
Its all about generations of brainwashing and selling your soul to a relegion.
The Quran and Islam greatest mission is to convert the world to muslims and kill the rest.. dont fool yourself
you could compare islam with nazi germany, that wanted to create a pure race of with one mindset.

edit on 9-1-2012 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Although I generally agree that the koren is more violent than the bible (or atleast the bible is just better at hiding it) I can say I absolutely disagree that all Muslims follow it to the letter! Please did you read the article, did you?

Yes some Muslims do, as do some Christians and Jews we call these people fanatics!

Please you must open your eyes and realise that the hated you have been taught has a purpose. I don't like any religion I think it corrupts the notion of god but I love humanity. And at the end of the day when all is gone politics, religion, money, everything all we have left is our humanity.

Please, a war is coming and it only we can stop it.

ALS

edit on 9-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

1.It is indeed nothing to do with Islam why the Muslim women are forced to wear the Veil or Burkha,but its the men who force them into it.

Yeah Burkha's are horrible, would love to see a man forced to wear one. But with some women it's become more a cultural dress and they aren't all forced. That's another ridiculous thing people believe.

2.Whether Americans like it or not,the founding fathers were Christians and were VERY racist.When they said ''equality between all men''(or something along those lines)they were actually talking about WHITE men only.There would be no Muslims in America if the founding fathers were still around because they would of driven them out by now.

Actually, as the article states Thomas Jefferson studied Arabic and the Quaran so they couldn't have been that racist. The founding fathers were mostly Freemasons, not necessarily Christian, and believed in a 'supreme being'. Freemasons accept all faiths.

4.Once upon a time,the Christians were indeed just as brutal as the Muslims but sadly,the Muslims haven't changed their ways one bit unlike the Christians which is why i look at their religion as quite odd and i do not wish to have it here.

You talk about them as if they're all backwards. Tarring many with a huge brush. Sure, some countries aren't as progressive, some Muslims are strict, but some Americans are fat and dumb, doesn't mean they all are. I know loads of Muslims, don't cover them in your stinking tar.

5.Islam is indeed stuck in the dark ages because once you add science to Islam.....there is no Islam.(science doesn't seem so bad now does it?)

Islam did a lot for science in the medieval ages when the western world was festering in the dark. Thats a backward view and another ridiculous thing people believe.

Quote from BBC "algebra, algorithm and alkali all being Arabic in origin and at the very heart of modern science - there would be no modern mathematics or physics without algebra, no computers without algorithms and no chemistry without alkalis."

Science in the medieval Islamic world

Thats part 1 of a great BBC documentary, i'd recommend watching all parts.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

www.evilbible.com...

Before anyone says I'm sticking up for Islam, I'm not, I'm simply provide counter arguments.

ALS

Yes but there is a BIG differens christians dont take the words of the bible literally as muslim do of the quran
perhaps the Knights Templars, but thats like 1000 years ago.. the MAJORITY of muslims live by the law of the quran.. and thats a big problem when there are 1.570 billion muslims in the world.

Christians dont take the Bible lterally? Are you serious? You should start reading what some of your fellow Christians are writing on this forum. You can find everything from "Israel God promised land", to starting WW3 so their savior can return and whatnot. Or, why dont you take a trip trough the Bible Belt in the good ol' USA, see how that works out for you.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

4.Once upon a time,the Christians were indeed just as brutal as the Muslims but sadly,the Muslims haven't changed their ways one bit unlike the Christians which is why i look at their religion as quite odd and i do not wish to have it here.

Given that only a tiny minority of Muslims are terrorists acting brutally, it's wrong to say they haven't improved.

5.Islam is indeed stuck in the dark ages because once you add science to Islam.....there is no Islam.(science doesn't seem so bad now does it?)

If you add science and rationality to it, Christinaity looks pretty wrong too. After all, we know for a FACT a global flood never happened, and we also know that humans didn't just pop up on earth in their current form without evolution. In short, Christianity is just as bonkers as Islam when it comes to facts and science

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

Originally posted by Vandalour

www.evilbible.com...

ALS

Christians dont take the Bible lterally? Are you serious? You should start reading what some of your fellow Christians are writing on this forum. You can find everything from "Israel God promised land", to starting WW3 so their savior can return and whatnot. Or, why dont you take a trip trough the Bible Belt in the good ol' USA, see how that works out for you.

I don't see them out on the streets burning flags, planting road mines, blowing themself up in crowded places and flying planes into buildings and going crazy about some dude made a painting of their god.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yeah, they only burn Korans, claim all Muslims are terrorists, invade random Muslim countries under false pretenses, and pretend "their" religion is soooo much better when in reality it's just as bonkers. Oh, and do I really have to mention the Christians who killed abortion doctors?

Fact is, on both sides the extremists are a tiny minority. Sadly, those clowns also shout the loudest

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Yeah, they only burn Korans, claim all Muslims are terrorists, invade random Muslim countries under false pretenses, and pretend "their" religion is soooo much better when in reality it's just as bonkers. Oh, and do I really have to mention the Christians who killed abortion doctors?

Fact is, on both sides the extremists are a tiny minority. Sadly, those clowns also shout the loudest

I dont care about any relegions at all.. BUT islam is the MOST brainwashed and sick of them all...
Dont fool yourself, I see what you are trying to do.. but its time to wake up and smell the roses before its to late
Brainwashed kids..

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Again, you are bitching about an entire group of people based on the actions of few...which is WRONG

The literal interpretation of most religions is pretty horrible...but luckily only a tiny minority takes things literally. Which explains why most Muslims don't want to kill you because you're an infidel, and why most Christians won't kill their kid because of disobedience (or take slaves), and why most Jews are ok with mixing linen and silk in their clothes

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The literal interpretation of most religions is pretty horrible...but luckily only a tiny minority takes things literally.

While that may be true in some parts of the world (such as US), there are plenty of countries where this is not true, and globally the proportion of literalists and extremists is still surprisingly high in Islam (and possibly in Christianity too, but every religion is different).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/900a2d441c6e.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b6847a3f9.jpg[/atsimg]

British muslim youth (page 47)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I would like to know how they came up with these statistics. How many people did they poll? 10? 10,000? 10million? I just can't trust the stats until I know the control number.

But having read some of the info it's clear that most Muslims are "moderate" (I really hate that word). It's also clear that the younger Muslims (16-24) are more extreme in there beliefs. I wonder why this is, is it disillusionment with british society or maybe it's just naive youth.

ALS

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Given that only a tiny minority of Muslims are terrorists acting brutally, it's wrong to say they haven't improved.

Several years ago a world class expert on Islam ON COAST TO COAST (I've forgotten his name) was told by one of his high ranking sources that 70% of all Muslims supported violent Jihad in one way or another.

The expert did not believe his source. He immediately contacted INDIVIDUALLY 12 other high ranking Muslim sources all around the world. They EACH ONE TOLD HIM INDIVIDUALLY 70%.

Your assumption is grossly wrong.
edit on 9/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Doesn't change the FACT that the unwarranted invasion of the West killed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people than Muslim extremism

Also, you have to understand that most Arab countries aren't as "free" as the West when it comes to getting proper information. So it's only natural they stick to traditions longer than us, and progress and change will obviously take longer if information is suppressed. Luckily, this is slowly changing.

I spent weeks in the Middle East for business, including Yemen, and not once did anyone try to harm me. Hell, I wasn't even insluted once...and I made no secret out of me being an atheist.

I also drove a nice BMW GS1200 Adventure all through Mali and am still alive. Of course I had a local guide with me, but every single person I met was friendly (and incredibly curious).

In the end, all extremists are bafoons who were dropped on their head as a kid. If you believe infidels deserve to die, you are a clown. If you burn Korans and kill abortion doctors, you are a clown too. All of them are crazy and just plain uneducated and stupid...but as I said, they're still a minority.

And there's a MASSIVE difference between stating you believe something and actually believing something. For example, if you ask the average Christian whether or not that silly global flood happened, they will largely say "yes". But I'd like to think most are intelligent enough to realize what laughable nonsense that global flood story is. The same goes for certain Muslim laws and traditions. Stoning for example has a loooooooong tradition, so the "knee-jerk" reaction is to say you're in favor of it...but if you ask further you often realize they're not really in favor of it. And lastly, it's not as if the execution methods in the US are painless...the injection for example can lead to hours of agony before people die.

It's easy to pass judgement on something you haven't experienced. I have experienced the Middle East, which is why I get mad at people trying to convince people that they're mostly evil terrorists who want to stone women

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The expert did not believe his source. He immediately contacted INDIVIDUALLY 12 other high ranking Muslim sources all around the world. They EACH ONE TOLD HIM INDIVIDUALLY 70%.

Firstly I'm going to need a source for that statement. And secondly we need to know what form of Jihad we are referring to. Is jihad as in "struggle", is it jihad as in "war for the advancement of Islam" or is it used as a generalised term for "the crusade".

Jihad is considered a pillar of Islam, this is true but it meaning seems to differ from scholar to scholar. Some scholars even define jihad as a intellectual battle of faith.

ALS

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Firstly I'm going to need a source for that statement. And secondly we need to know what form of Jihad we are referring to. Is jihad as in "struggle", is it jihad as in "war for the advancement of Islam" or is it used as a generalised term for "the crusade".

Jihad is considered a pillar of Islam, this is true but it meaning seems to differ from scholar to scholar. Some scholars even define jihad as a intellectual battle of faith.

ALS

I can't speak for Muslims (being an atheist that simply wouldn't work), but of all the people I spoke to in Saudi Arabia, Yemen, UAE, Bahrain, and Oman, most see it as a promotion of Islam rather than outright war. Similar to many Christians being ok with missionaries.

I had one client tell me he's going "jihad" on me because he wanted to convert me so I can take a job in Mekkah. He failed, we're still talking, and that's that...no violence whatsoever

edit on 9-1-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Doesn't change the FACT that the unwarranted invasion of the West killed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people than Muslim extremism

Dont want to get off-topic here, but was it really unwarranted? I know that if Slovakia had government comparable to Taliban or Saddam, I would rather want it to be invaded by, lets say, the Chinese. The support for allied invasion seemed to be high at least after the invasion among the natives, too. Its not as clearly black and white as those immoral things mentioned in my post. And I am not sure about the relative harmlessness of muslim extremism, either.

It's easy to pass judgement on something you haven't experienced. I have experienced the Middle East, which is why I get mad at people trying to convince people that they're mostly evil terrorists who want to stone women

Well, we can indeed come up with many excuses and cultural causes for the numbers, but that does not change the reality in the end, which is that they indeed often and sometimes mostly are evil.

And lastly, it's not as if the execution methods in the US are painless...the injection for example can lead to hours of agony before people die.

But its not a general knowledge, most people assume that lethal injection=painless. Not really comparable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join