It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's Duty to Venerate and Protect Israel and the Jewish People

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hello. The purpose of this thread is to state that the nation of Israel and the Jewish people are indeed Chosen by G_d and that this manifests itself as moral, intellectual, material, and spiritual gifts for the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. As these gifts comes from G_d, the Jewish people are to be venerated as they by those of us who are not Jewish as is the nation given by G_d to the Jewish people: ISRAEL. For Americans, this must come in the form of unstinting support for The State of Israel. (Disclosure: I myself am not Jewish or Israeli.)

Outline:
1. Scriptural Support
2. Empirical Support
3. Venerating and Respecting Israel and the Jewish People

Scriptural Support

Jesus told the disciples to go only "unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel", and reminded the Samaritan woman, and us, that "salvation is of the Jews". (John 4: 22)

Paul notes the spiritual debt Gentiles owe Israel, and duty to support Israel in earthly matters. Paul warns Gentiles "not to be ignorant of this mystery (Israel), lest we become wise in our own conceit", because Israel's blindness to the gospel will only continue "until the fulness of the Gentiles come in". (Romans 11: 25)

Isaiah on the last days: "The Lord shall set his hand again the second time. . . . . and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel. . . . . from the four corners of the earth. . . . . . and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off. " (Isaiah 11: 11-13)

Amos: "and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, says the Lord your God". (Amos 9: 15)

Genesis: "and through you shall all the families of the earth be blessed". (Genesis 12: 3)
Psalms: "When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory. . . To declare the name of the Lord in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem; when the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the Lord. " (Psalm 102: 16-22)

Zechariah: Israel is being regathered in the land, to meet the One they earlier rejected: "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives which is before Jerusalem on the east. . . . . and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee. " (Zechariah 14: 4, 5)

Micah: "Now also many nations are gathered against thee, that say, Let her be defiled, and let our eye look upon Zion. But they know not the thoughts of the Lord, neither understand they his counsel: for he shall gather them (nations) as the sheaves of the floor. Arise and thresh, 0 daughter of Zion. " (Micah 4: 11-13)

Joel: "For behold, in those days and in that time, when I shall bring again (return) the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations and bring them down into the valley of Johoshaphat and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations and parted my land. "
Daniel: "for thy city and thy people are called by thy name". (Daniel 9: 19)

Empirical Support

G_d has truly blessed Israel and the Jewish people. Israel was re-assembled after WWII: There has been no greater miracle in history than this restoration of an ancient people to their rightful land.

1) The restoration is not finished, the full size of Israel has not been reached, and it remains insecure as a nation. This is where we as Americans can help, should help, and must help.

2) The Jewish people made it through the trials of persecution down through the ages, including the most difficult of all, THE HOLOCAUST. Collectively in history, their suffering is unmatched by any other peoples. None have suffered so much, and yet the hand of G_d is apparent in their continued survival through history’s darkest hour.

3) Despite the immense odds against them and immense persecution, G_d has showered the Jewish people with great gifts. Their intelligence is the highest of any ethnic group, measured by IQ. They hold many prominent places in Academics, Finance, Politics, Media, and Statecraft today, despite being only 2% of the population and historically discriminated against. How else could their remarkable rise be explained except by divine grace? We can see the talent and hard work of this amazing people, who deserve so much as G_s chosen, and have endured such hardships. The rest of us owe them our effort to remove anti-Semitism from our societies and our own hearts, for the there is NO GREATER SIN today.

Venerating and Respecting Israel and the Jewish People

What must we do as Americans?

Venerate Israel and, as Gentiles, adhere to the morality of the en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Seven Laws of Noah, intended for non-Chosen people.

Support Israel politically. Write your politicians in favor of Israel, advocate pro-Israel stances on messageboards. Seek out and shame anti-semites. Eliminate anti-Israel and anti-Jewish sentiment.

Support those politicians who support Israel and the Jewish people, of whatever party. Reject anti-Semites such as Ron “crazy old angy man” Paul.

Support Christian Zionists and pro-Israel preachers like John Haggee. Help spread the word to other Christians.

Learn more about Israel and the Jewish people. Support Jewish people in your community. Patronize their businesses, patronize the businesses of companies with a strong pro-Israel record.

edit on 7-1-2012 by ZionSteel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZionSteel

The restoration is not finished, the full size of Israel has not been reached, and it remains insecure as a nation. This is where we as Americans can help, should help, and must help.

You're a Tool...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
How about this:

No thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately, you will find little support here on ATS. The USA/Israel haters outnumber those of us who are sane and can see past the anti Israeli lies. One thing I would suggest, don't be afraid to put the full word God in your post. Stay true to yourself and screw anyone who thinks different. The only person you have to remain true to is yourself.

Here is a thread I made awhile back in support of Israel.

thread

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Americas duty is to the american people,Israel has enough nukes to defend itself for the next hundred years and they need to start behaving likes adults not spoilt children

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
seriously ?I hope you're sarcastic...

This is an example of extreme religious fanatism.. If he was muslim, he would have been directly linked with alquaida
I say terrorist! Jewish extremists and zionist is the world's n°1 threat (a recent poll did show that, see ats search)
edit on 8-1-2012 by piett because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by piett

I believe this is a satire thread. If so good job, if not oh no!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
in this day and age we need to question Israels claims with scientific means.

so far the evidence weighs heavily in favour that Israel is a rogue nation that uses subtle terrorist tactics.

even after the Libya debacle, about so called human rights where we executed gadaffi through rebel proxys.
if Libya was about human rights, then what is Gaza about? or should I call it by it's real name Palestine.
edit on 8-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
When people start to understand that God don't got no favorites - he's an equal opportunity playa - THEN there's a chance the world might become a better place.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

As an American Born Citizen , my Only Allegiance is to the Constitution of the United States and the Republic in which it Stands . As for the State of Israel , what transpires there is none of my Concern, but of it's Own People .

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Furthermore try looking up USS Liberty and tell me why America owes Israel anything and while your at it check out Israel stealing American secrets and selling the latest American weopons to the highest bidder

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I am quiet curious how many stars OP will get. I'm still baffled ... the niveau of propaganda seems equal to the times white missionaries went to Africa teaching them the bible and enslaving them. But people like that. Most today are in denial of reality and hold on to some false glimses of doing-good actions like : i'm a good person, i support israel no matter what because it was horrible in ww2.

How silly is that ? It's like "save the planet".... SAVE YOURSELF
edit on 8-1-2012 by piett because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If they are his chosen people and he wants to support their nation, he doesn't need our help. He is after all a god. Read the old testament. He can just unleash his fury and wrath and what ever on the infidels.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What you cant reply to anyone here,that makes me think this is a bait thread to stir people up or are you trying to find justifacations for Israels behavior for the past 60 years

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hello ZionSteel,

Hope you are well.

This will be my first and most likely last post on this subject as i tend to stay away from the
controversy of it but feel that i would like to say my peace on this.

Firstly,I am a Christian,One of those fundies as i am called...
Do i believe that Israel and the Jewish people are Gods chosen?,Yes i do,

In saying that tho,I think that it should be remembered that they were chosen,they didn't choose
God,he chose them,

I think that seeing that this is the case then the attitude should be one of humility,One that
is grateful that they were chosen and that it would cause the recipient of the blessing to do all that
they can to walk uprightly before their creator,To do all according to not only the letter of the law
but the spirit also,

What is the spirit of the law?,To treat others as you would be treated,to walk in truth,
to walk in humility and gentleness and kindness towards others as tho they were acting towards God
and themselves.To be as God is as much as possible,This attitude and manner is one that God says
that he blesses and those that walk in such things shall have his protection and blessing and all manner of good things.

Therefore,Is it feasible to do things that are in the manner of contempt and underhandedness,
To be deceptive and haughty and still expect God to fulfill his word to said people even tho they
act against all that they were taught?,

I think not,

God said that "if MY people who are called by MY name will humble themselves and turn from wickedness
then i will bless them and heal their land"-paraphrased.

God calls us to walk uprightly and there are many instances where in the Bible where this was the case
that God blessed the upright,Solomon for one example,Had peace for 40 years because his heart was right with God,and it wasn't his own peace only.It was in all the land of Israel.

In summing up,The way i see it from my limited view,Yes,God wants to bless Israel,He also would want
them to be an example and a witness to his Glory and Love,but i think that expecting him to
bless the land and protect and nourish it while they continue to walk in their own way is
haughty,arrogant and severely misjudging the character of God.

Regards

Violet

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This should be an interesting thread

edit on 8-1-2012 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
At first I thought this thread was satire.

It's not...wow.

"God" is a myth...

"Israel being "chosen" by God is another myth on top of that original myth...

America having any contractual allegiance to Israel is non existent...

Israel being our 'ally' goes against most historical evidence...

Zionism is racism...

Israel's inception and existence is based on Dogmatic, Racist, Theocratic, Collectivist Egoic FRAUD...

No thank you. Israel may go now, we've had enough.

edit on 8-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You are going to get flamed to no end for posting this, so I'll respond before I read further.

I've slowly been led to believe that Israel is the source of a lot of world problems.
Thank you for the scriptural references to Israel because the word of God does not come back void.
I don't know your intention in posting this thread, but it is a nice contrast to all the anti-Israel sentiment on this site.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
One last thing I will say about this, and it is the last. If you are trying to appeal to christians;you really should change your avatar. Their god has this to say:

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

edit on 1/8/2012 by GeistMelange because: Too many bible verses !!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Thank you for your many replies. I did not expect so many so soon.

I have not replied because I have nothing to say beyond my first message yet. It is a statement. Not an argument.

I am not a troll or a prankster. I mean what I say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join