It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing the good through the bad...The Israeli agenda on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I would like to start by saying that Israel is NOT a monster of a country. Israel has done both good and bad in this world just like nearly every other first and second world country has on Earth. By some members definition, Israel is nothing but a cesspool of corruption and is incapable of goodwill towards humanity. This is the topic I would like to address in this thread. This topic is about an idea that no matter what good a country does, if there is bad attached then nothing can be good about the said country, and how we often are guided to overlook the many good things that the country, its people or its government may also offer to the world. This thread is also about bringing the many good things that Israel does for the world to the forefront of the conversation.

Lets say there is a fictitious member on a fictitious forum that only starts threads that do nothing but bash Israel. Lets say that this person edits out of context to fit his or her view of reality. Lets also say for the sake of argument that this member has continually denied that anything good ever comes from Israel and only bad emerges from anything Israel does. It is my belief that this person is an anti-Semite. Someone who only complains about a specific race all the time is considered racist, so the same logic fits here for anti-Semitism.

It is my belief that this disgusting form of racism must be confronted in the hopes that the fictitious member gains insight into the negativity that he or she is breeding in a world that is already filled with enough hate. This thread will not be about bashing the fictitious member! This thread will be about the good that is often left in obscurity when the gang mentality takes over after the fictitious member posted mostly negative thoughts and many times falsehoods about a country or its people!

With that said, let us look at some of the good willed actions of the Israeli people and its government.

www.freerepublic.com...

Here we see that Israel has actually taken initiative and secured funding as well as coordinated an effort to fly some very sick Palestinian children to Italy for medical treatment at specialty facilities. Not only that, but they also arranged for 23 family members to go with them.

Six of the children suffer from thalassemia, a genetic blood disorder, and one has a heart defect. The four boys and three girls from Ramallah, Jenin, Nablus, and Hebron, were accompanied by 23 family members, some of whom will donate bone marrow to the children.

Civil Administration official Dalia Bassa, who is in charge of the health division unit responsible for coordinating the assistance, worked around the clock for two weeks in order to arrange the children's trip.

Now before you say "ok, so a few Doctors are kind" please understand, this is more than a few Doctors. This had to be cleared through the Government as well as the Military. This effort involved many people from both the Israeli Government and Military.

On to the next example.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Here we see just how much Aid the Israeli Government actually gives to the Palestinian people. Watch the video please. I find it odd that no mention of this is EVER made by anyone who constantly asserts that Israel is out to destroy the Palestinians.

How about another example?

www.ynetnews.com...

For first time, delegation of Israeli experts trains Chinese pediatricians to diagnose and treat child abuse and neglect.

So these supposed monsters are still kind enough to send help to another country that views Israel through neutral if somewhat hostile looking glass. I bet there are many Chinese children that are happy to have their help and goodwill.

Have you ever heard of Mashav?
www.kh-uia.org.il...

This is a conference held by the Israeli Government that helps train thousands of citizens from all over the world in Agriculture, Development, Medicine and much much more.

In 2007 MASHAV was active in 112 countries, training thousands of participants in courses focusing on human capacity building. The courses, taught in English, French, Spanish, Russian and Arabic, were offered in a wide range of disciplines, including Agriculture, Education, Economic and Social Development, Community Development, Rural and Urban Development, Medicine and Public Health, Science and Technology.
Some 2,468 professionals participated in 119 courses in Israel, while 4,765 took part in 92 on-the-spot courses offered in 29 host countries.
MASHAV experts were dispatched throughout the world on 110 short-term consultancies and humanitarian medical missions to 43 countries and eight long-term experts served on MASHAV demonstration projects in five countries around the world.

Ahh, here is another interesting tidbit.

www.theisraelproject.org...

Apparently, Israel is doing everything it can to ensure that Germany has jobs and a good economy.

In 2008, Israel imported 2.7 billion euros worth of products from Germany – mostly high-quality processed goods such as chemicals, plastics, metals, machinery and vehicles. In that period, Israel exported 1.5 billion euros worth of products to Germany – mostly high-tech products, chemicals and machinery. German suppliers accounted for 11.7% of Israeli imports in 2009.

“There’s no doubt that one of the aims of the cooperation between the two countries is first to preserve jobs and then to increase employment,” said Dan Catarivas, who heads the International Department at the Israel Manufacturers Association.

Here is yet another example of the goodwill of the Israeli government and its people.

www.jpost.com...

They were among the first countries to send any form of Aid or assistance to Japan after the disastrous quake earlier this year.

IsraAID-First, an Israeli humanitarian umbrella group organizing the search and rescue team, said it would reach Japan by way of South Korea, and join Japanese teams already in action.

“We’re sending six medical professionals and people specializing in search and rescue,” Shachar Zehavi, the head of IsraAid, said. “Many of these people were members of the Israel Defense Forces search and rescue team in the past.”

I can continue to find these examples of the good side if Israel all day long just as the detractors can find bad info about Israel all day long. This is not a perfect world, but we as humans are doing the best we can with what we got. Sometimes our religious or political ideologies cloud our eyes so we can’t see anything positive through all the negatives being thrown up in our laps these days.

It seems my other thread on this subject went to the trash bin due to the ATS authority feeling I had attacked another member in my thread title and the opening OP as well. I would like to say first and foremost, I in NO WAY attacked the member in question. I DID present factual information about the members posting habits. This is not an attack. It is the truth. I am not Politically Correct and I will never be. I will not sugar coat anything I say just to keep someone’s feelings from getting hurt. If you don’t want your feelings hurt, don’t do stupid things. I learned that lesson by the age of 4.

One last thing. There are things Israel has done that I question vigorously. Mostly the brutal power they use when retaliating. BUT, they are retaliating. They do not for the most part instigate any attack from them. They retaliate when attacked. This does not excuse some of the brutality that has been used, but knowing this, I do understand why they react as they do.

edit on 19-7-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: edited title to reflect OP better

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
oh for gods sake

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Positive and negative energies are located EVERWHERE. So 1 cannot call Israel all good or all bad, its mixed like the Universe.. I do wish since the Lamb is said to come from there that it was more peaceful. But thats me.

Be well

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Thats it? No contribution or debate? Do you think I'm wrong? Right? Or do you just want to put something mindless there without thought or logic?

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Exactly! There is no all evil or complete serenity anywhere, including Israel.
edit on 19-7-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Why don`t you debate your bogeyman ..... in the debate forum ?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I cant. It's a fictitious person that doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A few good things does not make up for the bad.
This UN report shows you that the bad, well is really really bad.
UN Report

I criticize other governments too, not just Israel. I don't understand how people defend them and it always erks me when someone pulls the antisemitic card on people who have a problem with Israel's policies, not the people themselves.

edit:
I checked out one of the propaganda pieces you posted - here - I call it propaganda because the none of that would be necessary if there wasnt a blockade. That video gives Israel credit for allowing Israeli-screened trucks into gaza. What a joke.
edit on 19-7-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Star and flag. The list is much much longer, I can assure you, but thank you for your research. It's a breath of fresh air. (one last thing...your thread is a Gem! )

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It is always good to see Israel doing good in the world, however it is important to distinguish between private individuals and government policy. Not all of the sources you posted suggest that these were government initiatives. None-the-less it is good to see somthing usefull being done to help the world.

However, just because we are able to appluad the good which comes mostly from collective groups of private individuals and areas of government, does that mean we should overlook the bad done and the laws violated. Just because some good is achieved does that mean we should not deplore the negativity?

America provides money for development to the third world on an enourmous scale, however this is often a simple PR stunt as was the case with USAID provided to Central America when at the same time (during the Reagen administration) they were providing support for violent insugencies, counterinsurgencies and dictatorships which often resulted in Genocide as was the case in Nicaragua and Guetemala. It is important to distinguish the good and bad and to note that the good does not excuse the bad. Would you allow a murder to go free because he donated billions in aid to Africa? No that would be stupid. (I am not comparing Israel to a muderer- I'm only giving a simple analogy).

It is also important to note that not only does Israel provide extensive Humanitarian aid to foreign countries, but so does China, Russia, Iran, the US and Britain- yet I still deplore the actions of all 5 of these countries.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Note taken....and out the window it goes.
Second....

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Every country in the world has an evil underbelly. So where are all the outrage threads over Finland, or Zambia, or (insert random country here) ?

The problem is the extreme hatred of a certain large group of people, that is thinly veiled by claiming hatred for a group within the larger group.

I will be watching this thread. Canned responses from Stormfront should be appearing soon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
"I would like to start by saying that Israel is NOT a monster of a country. Israel has done both good and bad in this world just like nearly every other first and second world country has on Earth"

Yes and Hitler,and Starlin both did good and bad during some stages of life.

Bombing children in Gaza needs to stop, Israel IS BAD and thats why the world is turning on them and you would need to be blind not to see why or notice.

Zionists bankers are fighting on the back foot in 1000 plus cities across the world as we speak but i'm having trouble finding any good they have done for the general public.

Did not read the rest of the article, got stuck on the opening statement

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Israeli agenda on ATS?

I thought they'd all been banned.

They mighta missed one though, cause the only Israeli agenda I see being pushed around here at the moment is your OP.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Ah TA, this was a necro thread my friend.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I don't think you seem to understand this forum, the people writing in it, or the people in the streets talking/protesting for or against Israel.

Non of these people are driven by logic, or cold calculation, they're (or should I say we're) all motivated by emotion, propaganda, misinformation (or lack of vital information), popular opinion, bias and predetermined narratives, that were put together by those with an agenda on either side of the fence.

Long story short, they don't care.
If your post was anti Israeli, the same people who are now rolling their eyes would be instead basking in the glory of their narrative. And the hardcore pro Israelis aren't any different.

Welcome to the kindergarten.

With respect,
Eliad.

new topics

top topics

join