It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recommend a good budget gaming pc build

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So do you want to use your old case a and DVD drive? It would be cheaper.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I dont have the trial version lol i downloaded the pirated version and sometimes when you update a windows icon pops up saying you may be a victem of piracy lol.i know how to fix it though,there is a file you just download of pirate bay and it tricks windows into thinking it is a legit copy again i dont pay for anything i dont really need to lol

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

my pc case is scratched to death and old and my dvd drive starts screaming if it has been reading a disk for longer than 10 minutes

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

According to the BF3 system requirements you'll need a bit more than 400 Quid which is about $650. USD.
The bottleneck with any PC Game and BF3 is your video card. The faster the card and the faster and more memory you have the better.

What I'd recommend is build around a basic system CPU, Memory. Storage....as long as you had about 3Ghz + working for you on the CPU but spend the most you can afford on a decent video card....the recommended level of card for BF3 is around $300. which is about half of your budget.

You will need at least 1GB of memory on your video card to get anywhere near max settings.
The CPU and Memory don't matter quite AS much...as your video card does. But you will also require a power supply that will support the card and your cpu.

Here are the basic and recommended BF3 requirements:

Minimum System Requirements
PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ATHLON X2 2.7 GHZ)
MEMORY: 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

Recommended System Requirements
PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
MEMORY: 4 GB
HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
DVD ROM DRIVE

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What do you all think of this motherboard bundle and graphics card ?

motherboard bundle

graphics card

i probably can win a bid on an ok 250gb hard drive on ebay.and get an ok pc case and psu for the remaining hundred some cases for about 50GBP have a built in psu

i can always go over budget slightly if needed
edit on 7-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
All of this comes out to $490
Its a monster. It has a quad core AMD CPU, 3.0ghz witch you should overclock. A 560TI witch is a GRATE card, it will run BF3 on max settings. its the biggest bang for your buck card. I left room so you could pick out a hard drive and a case. I would recommend getting a after market heatsink so you can overclock that AMD CPU if you need help picking on out just ask. It will greatly increase your performance.

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

www.newegg.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

That Genuine Windows reminder is a system service which you can turn off....their exist tools that will quell that for you.

Isn't Bill Gates rich enough ?

Windows 7.....they are all really upgrades to the original old Windows NT 3.51.....

Peace

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yes thats a nice build but i live in the U.K P&P from the states would bankrupt me lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
Yes thats a nice build but i live in the U.K P&P from the states would bankrupt me lol.

Yea I fingered, google those parts and find a site in the E.U.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

I used to just use a chopped down version of vista that had the media center and games and all the rest of the bs removed it booted up in about 10 seconds was really fast but i encountered driver issues when i changed my isp so i changed to windows 7

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Microsoft makes most of their money from corporations and businessess that require millions of dollars in software. the individual user doesnt really.. make the company money. Lawl, theyre already rich enough anyways.

Im poor

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I know me too company's like Microsoft and BP make like 60k every 4 seconds or something stupid like that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

The motherboard bundle doesn't look too bad but I would take the other post'er's recommendation and compare the cost of those items with NewEgg's .....and shop further in your local if needbe.

But Asus Motherboards are very good, Quad Core AMD CPU is good @3Ghz which can be overclocked with the ASUS....(but check that board out before you buy) and 8 GB of Ram for 195 quid or about $300. isn't bad.

The Video Card isn't bad it does have 1GB of DD5 Memory but in looking at the specs it does come with the older 192 bit wide memory data bus....which is old tech....

See if you can find a 1Gb card with DD5 WITH a wider data bus....this will make it even faster and more apt to support higher resolutions.....

Within your budget ..but push come to shove that isn't a bad video card at all and has all of the basic needs....
You can overclock you video card as well to get a little bit more performance out of it as well....

Peace

I learned the term Quid from the guys on Top Gear....

edit on 7-1-2012 by nh_ee because: Quid Reference...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

I sent you a you to you. Tinfoil hat handy?

ETA Possibly relevant too, always always always an anti-virus scanner, working and recently updated. Another good reason for Linux *cough cough*. It doesn't even bend, never mind break.

edit on 7/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I have a budget of £400 just for the tower. I was going to buy one already built on eBay but the graphics cards always seem rubbish or they have micro motherboards in.i am a complete noob when it comes to building pcs and don't really understand all the different types of sata hard drives and types of ram you can get.i just want a gaming pc capable of playing battle field 3 on full settings.and also has a good cooling system.anyone have any recommendations?

If you're depending on that budget, you may need to buy used parts, but it is possible to build a machine that can handle BF3 for that price.

Or you can start here for an example of a 500 dollar build (this was 6 months ago so it will be even cheaper now (minus the HDD).

www.tomshardware.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

motherboard bundle

graphics card

i probably can win a bid on an ok 250gb hard drive on ebay.and get an ok pc case and psu for the remaining hundred some cases for about 50GBP have a built in psu

It's nice stuff, I would go with it.
I have worked in IT for years and build all my own machines.
Not sure if you would save much, but i would have a look at bundles with the Phenom II x4.
Really good overclocker, if you like that.

Here is a nice card for you for your games ?
Asus GTX560

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Yes that graphics card is nice.will keep that graphics card noted thanks

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

motherboard bundle

graphics card

It's nice stuff, I would go with it.
I have worked in IT for years and build all my own machines.
Not sure if you would save much, but i would have a look at bundles with the Phenom II x4.
Really good overclocker, if you like that.

Here is a nice card for you for your games ?
Asus GTX560

www.newegg.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Ok for a budget build the best way to do it is only buy the parts you need. Your old dvd drive, hard drive, case fans, case itself, power supply (psu), cables and some pci cards like wirelss cards could be brought over to your new rig. But make sure your psu has enough wattage if not get a new one (this is important) but the rest should be fine to bring over depending on what you had you may even be able to save your mobo. Just upgrading the cpu, gpu and ram can make a huge difference and thats only 3 parts.

Most people are stuck in this consumer ideal of throwing it all out and starting from scratch for the new build, which is great for the hardware manufactures but not your hip pocket, not to mention its just wasteful, certain parts of your new build (power cables, fans, etc.) will be exactly the same as the old one anyway.

To find or confirm your parts use a detailed easy to navigate site with plenty of info to decide on what you will get then search the web for the cheapest places to buy those parts, and try to get them from the least number of places to reduce shipping. Read reviews etc as expensive not always ≠ better.

My 2c on budget build.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Don't let anyone tell you building a desktop is difficult. Basically, if it doesn't fit, it doesn't go there. Other than that, the rest is a piece of cake. You can buy a board that will take both IDE and ADA cables to let you use some of the equipment you have. If you have the software, you can update your board, memory, and processor for well under what you have to spend. If you have the software, it can be even cheaper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join