It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recommend a good budget gaming pc build

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have a budget of £400 just for the tower. I was going to buy one already built on eBay but the graphics cards always seem rubbish or they have micro motherboards in.i am a complete noob when it comes to building pcs and don't really understand all the different types of sata hard drives and types of ram you can get.i just want a gaming pc capable of playing battle field 3 on full settings.and also has a good cooling system.anyone have any recommendations?
edit on 7-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

what is that in USD???? i would recommend going to tiger direct or newegg.com i built a pretty bad # gaming rig pretty affordable. did some clan gaming for a while wit it ..... =MAD= but any way i could come up with a built it just takes a while ... do you have a case or do you need one ?

send me a private message i will work something up for you

i am just going to give you a detailed build list....always remember buy where you can return it otherwise if it DOA you might end up spending a lot more

edit on 7-1-2012 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You probably wont get anything that can run BF3 at full settings for that much.
My computer is double that, and still can't play bf3 max.

But you can get something decent if you know someone who could build it for you, then you could just buy all the parts (which is cheaper in the end).

When i upgrade my new system ill be selling this system i have, plays bf3 on high, it can do ultra, but the fps drops too low (need a ati 5970 or greater to max bf3, or a crossfire configuration)

a 5970 is 330 dollars canadian, which is 252 euros.
edit on 7/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
When it comes to gaming computers.
"You get what you pay for"

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is as low as i could find in a pre-built PC in that range, from newegg.ca. Im sure newegg offers the same in europe.

Link

It would probably do BF3 on high settings no problem. But ultra is really hard to achieve with a game that looks so damn pretty.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I wouldn't clasa good BUDGET gaming pc as something that can play BF3 on max. I would class a budget pc as something that could play BF3 on medium, which 400 pound is more than enough. My old 300 pound PC can play BF3 on medium.

Also, if your pc is double that, you've been ripped off. My friends can play it max with a 500-600 PC

edit on 7/1/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

I wouldn't clasa good BUDGET gaming pc as something that can play BF3 on max. I would class a budget pc as something that could play BF3 on medium, which 400 pound is more than enough. My old 300 pound PC can play BF3 on medium.

Also, if your pc is double that, you've been ripped off. My friends can play it max with a 500-600 PC

Im using an older platform, most of which the parts are not made anymore. Good parts though. But im due for an upgrade. Not really worth double, its technology. I paid 400 dollars for mobo, cpu, ram, and the video card. (the video card was 400 dollars new at the time) so i was psyched. The case is 200, psu 150. I just need to upgrade the motherboard,cpu and ram soon. New i7.
Then im getting a new 7k series ati card.

And when i say max settings, i mean max settings on 1080p. Which is harder to do than much else. What parts for 500-600 bucks would do a decent fps on bf3 on ultra settings?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

He also said BF3 on max settings, which would only be possible for something in that price range on a smaller 17" screen, 1280x1024 is easy to max. 1080p, not so much (i do it fine, i can run bf3 on max settings to if i lower it to 720p.. and no. im not doing that
)

So i just run it on high on my sick 23" monitor.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

400 for the mobo? Erm, that's a bit much tbh, you can get a good mobo for 60-80 pound which is compatible with I7's etc and anything else you would need with an high end PC. which is what? 120 dollars? give or take. You can also easily pick up a ATI 6800 series which can most play everything maxed(seen it done) which is 130+ GBP.

A decent powersupply only costs 50 pound. Ram? you can get 4-8 gig DDR3 extremely cheap here, 40-50 pound. HD's are also cheap, unless you want to go SSD. Cases are also cheap, unless you want to go big again... I got mine for 40 pound and it's great, a lot of space too.

So really, it's not hard to do.

Edit: Although saying that, I have another friend that spent 1k on a new PC and it turned out he couldn't even play BF3 .... Don't have any idea what he did with that. Black screens etc even on easier to run games

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

i can i have managed to build a quadcore pc 8gb ram and Evga NVIDIA GeForce GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express2.0 Graphics Card SuperClocked with a 250gb hard drive for 400 GBP on amazon but i just wasn't sure if the parts all worked together at there best
edit on 7-1-2012 by TBR47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

not just for the motherboard also the ram graphics card and hard drive

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Let me look, I'll tell you.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47

not just for the motherboard also the ram graphics card and hard drive

No, he said he paid 400 for his mobo or did I misunderstand?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

oh ok though you was talking to me lol sorry

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh! your talking about GBP?
Nevermind. I also forget that you get cheaper computer parts than we do here in Canada.
So don't mind me, and no. 400 dollars for the CPU, motherboard, ram, and videocard.

I bought them off a friend who was upgrading to an i7, i had crap before.

I have it OCed as well, they are good parts for an older platform (socket 775)

Im sure you can build a system for that amount that can run bf3 on a decent resolution with high settings, maybe some ultra thrown in. But im working with an older system, i do not know the performance increase of an i7 yet.

But when i do upgrade, my motherboard cpu and ram will cost me 1000 dollars, a little less. Because i want good quality and good performance

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have:

Asus p5q motherboard
Intel q9550 2.83ghz, overclocked to 3.6 stable
Ati Radeon 5870 Vapor x
4gb (came with 8) OCZ Reaper 2.1v

For that at the time i bought it was amazing, because the graphics card alone new at the time was 400 bucks =P So i got all that for 400 bucks. Then i bought a new case which was 200 (i wanted a really nice one, so i foot the bill for it)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

that looks like a nice pc but i feel ill be paying for windows 7 which can be like 50gbp alone i don't need it i have it on disk

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

That's fairly good, I loved that CPU. I used to have it
Worked wonders.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

50 alone?! From where? show me
I was going to pay 120 for it...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'll admit, i did not pay for my operating system. But sh, don't tell anyone.
Thats one of those things i dont consider for myself when building a PC.(for myself, not for other people)

But if you do not believe in 'pirating' then just pretend i didn't say anything.

And yes! this CPU is so good. I almost have the settings for 4ghz down
, just need to tweak some more to get it. This board is also a mid-range OCing board. So its harder to hit that threshold. Hence my wanting to have an i7 with a really good motherboard and ram. and a solid state drive :3.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join