It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recommend a good budget gaming pc build

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I defenatly cant upgrade my mobo it is stone age doesnt even have a pcie on it it only has a AGP slot.and my power supply doesnt have sata connections on it. a psu is cheap anyway i dont need a really high wattage one it will only be powering a few led fans,and new dvd drives are cheap too,

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

cant seem to find anyone of those stuff in the u.k seems like a nice build though i will see if i can get similar stuff

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Ahh wow well then yeah you'd be best to get new ones.

Overclocking is another great way to save money, there is software that will make it really easy to do, if you can build a computer then you'd be capable of overclocking it. That way you can get much more out of your cpu and gpu (you'll need aftermarket heatsinks or water cooling if your expecting to overclock as high as you'll hear people doing on forums but even without water just an extra fan or so can get you good results from an oc)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Here's a thought for a powerful yet cheap build...

Go with a micro atx board by a company like asus: 70 bucks
4 GB DDR3 PC-1333 RAM: 21 bucks
A Core I3 2100: 120 bucks
430 watt PS by Corsair: 40 bucks
Cheap case: 30-40 bucks

Re-use your current HDD, and CD-ROM/DVD/Blu Ray drive...

And the expensive part can be the video card which you could go with a 560, or 6850.

Total cost = 400-450$

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
built my own for years...got a $750 gift card from work at a big-box canadian electronics store....

got myself a HP with a AMD AthalonII X3 triplecore

12 gigs of DDR3

1 tera HD

and a ATI HD 4650

2 yrs ago....MW3 plays flawlessly ...this is likely a 400 buck set-up today.

still embarrassed that I use a factory built rig

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Tomshardware is a great site for this kind of information.

That last PC build marathon they had was in December so the information is still fairly relevant. Here is the link directly to the 600(USD) gaming build.

www.tomshardware.com...

Let me know if you need any other information about this subject btw.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Strict because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You are going to most likely need a GTX 560.....unless you can overclock the 550.
Look at the stock clock speeds of the 550 and compare them to the 560....you might be able to do it.

I just checked my video card's specs at Nvidia's website...

It is a Nvida 250 GTS which is 1GB DDR3 with a 256bit wide memory data bus.

Which is why I was a tad skeptical about the 550Ti card you'd asked about....due to it's having only 192 bit data bus.
The GTX 570/580's are already up to 1.3GB and 332 bit wide memory data bus..which translates to much faster framerates...

The site of course told me that I needed to upgrade to the bare miniumum GTX 560....which are coming down in price so I will wait and continue to overclock my 250 GTS until then...

Here's what Nvidia said about my GPU...

The recommended GPU to enjoy Battlefield 3 is a GeForce GTX 560 or higher (the minimum specification is a GeForce 8800/9800 GT)

Not surprised whatsoever but I also overclock my old card and it's works fine.....for now !

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Get an X-Box 360 and spend the leftover money on games for it, and the leftover time (you wouldn't be spending tweaking all the settings for the game to work) actually PLAYING your games...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join