It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recommend a good budget gaming pc build

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
at the moment i have a p4 2gb ram nvidia 7200gs i have had it for the best part of 7 years and it has never let me down but it is ancient technology now defenatly need an upgrade

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

PC makers often use things like onboard graphics (no good for games like the one you want to play) to keep costs down. If you want to take a cheap pre-built PC and upgrade it yourself that's also a possibility. Just add a dedicated video card and you should be "done".

As for windows license, maybe you can find a Linux PC?

ETA My PC (self built) is an AMD Athlon FX51, 3GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE.
Cost a fortune at the time, I'm trying to squeeze every last penny out of it while it still works.
edit on 7/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I picked up a quad core Phenom for $280, Quiet and fast. Now, I just have to fix my windows issue. Person I bought it from said they will me another copy. I'm hoping. And, soon.

If you want, I can refer you to him. Just let me know. He's very nice and will work with you. Will even fix it for you if you run into any problems. But, I got that section covered. Me.

Snug as bug and running smoothly. Quiet and you won't even hear it.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TBR47
at the moment i have a p4 2gb ram nvidia 7200gs i have had it for the best part of 7 years and it has never let me down but it is ancient technology now defenatly need an upgrade

Im sure you can get some good parts for that price.
He was right, a 6850 is 144 CAD. Which is 90gbp. Not too shabby.

Remember to get a board with a good chipset if you wish to overclock at all.
And some good ram, Mushkin Blackline is some pretty good stuff

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I have windows 7 ultimate that i downloaded it works fine and updates

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

I realise that, this is why I suggested looking for a PC that comes with some form of Linux instead of Windows as Linux is "free" and you are planning to install your own version of Windows anyway.

edit on 7/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Go to Overclockers.com and ask the same question. You will get exactly what you are looking for.

Go to the Harware Forum, then General Hardware subforum. Your question has already recently been asked and answered.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

ok thanks ill check it out now

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
Go to Overclockers.com and ask the same question. You will get exactly what you are looking for.

Go to the Harware Forum, then General Hardware subforum. Your question has already recently been asked and answered.

I second that, overclockers is awesome and it's where I do my shopping. I did that with my current PC.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Twice now, after I have downloaded the updates it always says it's illegitimate copy. They can't all be bad copies.

First time, I bought the software after 3 months use, it pulled that BS with me.

2nd time, I bought the gaming system, with everything included, after the updates, after 3 months, same BS.

So, the guy who is a PC builder by trade, is resending me another copy of it.

And, I swear, if it pulls that same BS after 3 mnths, I'm going to scream.

They say 3rd time is a charm.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I though linux had loads of compatibilitie issues when trying to play pc games

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

It does, major compatibility issues.
Wiindows games are best played in Windows. You say you have your own copy of Windows so you just boot your Windows installer and wipe the disk. Install is quite painless with 7.

ETA I am not suggesting you use Linux, just that it shouldn't cost anything on a new PC, so no 50 dollar license cost to MS or however much it costs.

edit on 7/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

i have windows 7 installed on a 20 gig hard drive and have all my files on a separate 120gb hard drive so i never loose any stuff if i after reformat anyway

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

i have windows 7 installed on a 20 gig hard drive and have all my files on a separate 120gb hard drive so i never loose any stuff if i after reformat anyway

Thats much better for performance anyways

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

i heard that windows have created a virus that kills your pc if you dont fix the windows is not genuine alert with in 3 months. not sure if it is true though but your pc is supposed to stop booting up

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

i heard that windows have created a virus that kills your pc if you dont fix the windows is not genuine alert with in 3 months. not sure if it is true though but your pc is supposed to stop booting up

I can fix that for you, but i'de have to U2U with the instructions.
If you want.
edit on 7/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TBR47

Pretty much ditto only I use Linux as my main OS and have Windows in a dual-boot scenario. If I want to play a game I can but don't much as I don't have Rage yet.
Plus I don't know if my old vid card can take it...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No it just locks you out when your 30day trial is over. I think I can help you build your pc. I will make another post. But it will be in dollars keep in mind £400=$617
edit on 7-1-2012 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I have an xbox 360 for games at the moment,but getting bored of it i want to start playing some decent mmorpgs and such you just cant get on the xbox.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Not true.

Just gives you a pop up window, like every 5 minutes.

Trying to get my issued resolved from the person whom I purchased the pc from.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join