It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
For those saying that the Mayan Calendar ends, it does not end.
A cycle ends according to the Mayan Calendar.
The Mayan Calendar consists of a cycle, within a cycle, within a cycle.
According to the Mayan Calendar we are currently in the 4th cycle which will end in 2012 during the Winter Solstice which begins on December 21st which will result in a planetary alignment.

[edit on 8/25/2004 by Logical_Psycho]

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well, at least the Nostradamus prophecies do not end until 3780 something... I guess we will only live to see if December 21, 2012 is the correct one...

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The mayan callender ends on December 21, 2012. The old translations of the mayan text regarding this ending was able to be translated in two ways. One was the End of the World. Another was the End of Days. In most cultures that describe and End of Days, they are reffering to a great change in the fundamental properties of our world. Therefor, December 21, 2012 could potentially be a begining point for a change in the workings of our Universe. One theory I have heard is that our Universe could potentially merge with another, bonding the laws each universe follows creeating one new universe.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
the calender does not represent the end of days, or that other theory where we will be transported into another deminsion or what ever. I believe something wil happen on 2012, but it will be something unexpected

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thats the day ALIENS will land and teach us how to make new calenders.... hhahahahahah just a joke.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So what if the Myan calendar ends i 2012, or 2013? That doesnt mean the world will end!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's a little fishy to have an exact date like December 21, 2012.

My reasoning, is that the Mayans were'nt christian. they didnt count from 0 AD, and I'm wondering how someone decided which day of the mayan calandar corresponded with the first day of 0 AD? I don't remember hearing anything about Cortez synchronizing the calandars before burning them.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
OK OK 21 DECEMBER 2004 -25920= -23916 who was the gr. oncle to
transmet that mesage ???

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My biggest issue, whatever will happen, will it be painfull?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
People swore that the world was going to end when the year 2000 started.
As 2012 approaches we might see books ,TV shows, websites telling us that the world is coming to an end or that for some lame reason basic services such as electricity will cease . Any one seeing a pattern? Its what people will interpret if they think they can make money.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
the bible code also predicts the END in 2012...

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The Mayan fifth world finished in 1987. The sixth world starts in 2012. So we are currently "between worlds". This time is called the "Apocalypse" or revealing. This means the real truth will be revealed. It is also the time for us to work through "our stuff" individually and collectively.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimjenko1
The Mayan fifth world finished in 1987. The sixth world starts in 2012. So we are currently "between worlds". This time is called the "Apocalypse" or revealing. This means the real truth will be revealed. It is also the time for us to work through "our stuff" individually and collectively.

YEAH....I've read a lot on that subject. The earth will simply shift on the 4th dimension..The world just won't be the same

members.ozemail.com.au...

Just one of many explanations of it....there are many sites explaining 2012

Just don't be scared, the world will just be BETTER for everybody!!!! All the bad person will find enlightment- THE TRUTH will come up!

That's one of my favorite subject hehehe

Love
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
have you read about the base at dulce ,where they were experimenting with time travel and they found that they could supposdley make it possible(ie,philedelphia experiment) and they tried to project an object forward in time but hit a wall at 2012-meaning that nothing or time at least didnt exsist past that date?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is one of the controversies that I haven't been able to buy into. I have heard so many version of this that they all seem to blend together. I've heard that Aliens will assist the earth in a massive transformation into the 4th dimension in 2012. I've heard that the earth will be hit by a life ending meteor in 2012. Or there's the one where the polar shiftings will lead to the destruction of the earth in 2012.

IMO, this is something that is impossible to make any factual claims. You can see the past and where mankind came from alot easier than where we are going. I won't base my life on what an ancient culture's cryptic calander says.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think I JUST WANT TO BELEIVE in it!!!! That is my problem...I want the earth to shift in 2012 so BADLY! It would so great, I'm so sick of the world as it is right now, it sucks.....money, power, beauty, corruption, war, hunger, diseases and so on.....it's too much! We just need a little something important to change the earth completely!!!!! What else than something UNEXPLAINED to reverse everything.
I beleive in a lot of crazy stuff because I think the world can't be like that, it's just not fare.

Let's hope we can all be as one someday (when I don't know!!!)
Love
Ameliaxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
I think I JUST WANT TO BELEIVE in it!!!! That is my problem...I want the earth to shift in 2012 so BADLY! It would so great, I'm so sick of the world as it is right now, it sucks.....money, power, beauty, corruption, war, hunger, diseases and so on.....it's too much! We just need a little something important to change the earth completely!!!!! What else than something UNEXPLAINED to reverse everything.
I beleive in a lot of crazy stuff because I think the world can't be like that, it's just not fare.

Let's hope we can all be as one someday (when I don't know!!!)
Love
Ameliaxxxxxx

I know what you mean! I often wish for some of the more unrealistic things I hear about to become reality. If for nothing else, just to break up the monotony of everyday life. Send in the alien invadors, let the polar ice caps melt away, bring on the asteroids....Anything to get away from the non-stop BS that is spewed everyday.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Several different cultures have predicted the end of this age will occur around 2012. The Mayan, Hopi, and Sumerian calenders along with the Navajo legends put us at the end of the FIFTH age. None of them speak of total global destruction but rather a new beginning where the survivors of the upcoming cataclysm will live in peace and harmony with their creator. Much like the more stylized version in the book of The Revelation. Now if you want to get a little creeped out, look at where these cultures, (including the Egyptians and Celts), are originally centered on a modern map then compare the modern map to a map of Pangia and see what you come up with.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What the Mayans calculated was the end of the ecliptic or great year when the planet earth has precessed through all twelve houses of the zodiac and returns to the beginning at Aquarius. Precession takes about 25,700 years. A timeline of history would show that the earth goes through upheaval approx every three zodiacs. It is also believed by some very knowledgeable paleo researchers that the completion of precession is accompanied by an upheaval so extreme that 75% of the world population is destroyed. So I must say that the earth is not destroyed (unless G. Bush sparkles HAARP too often) but civilization is. The darkness is nigh!!

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mayan calendar was based on some high knowledge, just like the pyramids and all about ancient civilisation

The new calendar was made in the time of Ceasar and the empire...they created the damn calendar like they wanted.

Just like the bible says, (I'm not a ''religious'' person, I just read the bible to get explications...) The revelation is written with a lot of images, it's not easy to understand, but I know the revelation is coming...the earth just can't take it anymore. so 2012, is a nice date for revolution

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join