It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I researched Mayan culture on Mexico's Yucatan peninsula. The Mayan long-count calendar ends precisely at 6 a.m., December 21, 2012.

Michael Drosnin in his best selling books, the Bible Code and Bible Code II, included codes from the hidden text which he says shows a comet is anticipated to impact earth in 2012. Several websites concerning the Bible Code show as many as three comet and/or asteroid impacts between the years 2010.

Someone who formerly posted here had a website (O'Neal?) with similar information but I haven't seen him around for some time.

In addition to the Mayans, several Native American tribes held similar beliefs and one Native American tribe recently held a tribal historical and theological seminar and concluded that 2012 would be the end of time. Nostradamus predicted a similar date but I'm not a Nostradamus follower so I'm unsure as to the exact date.

Another belief held by several Native Americans is that the birth of a white buffalo calf would be the most significant sign of the End Time. A white buffalo calf was born just a few years ago. In 2012, the animal will be age 18, approximately the average lifetime of a buffalo.

Finally, astronomers note that 2012 will be a significant time in stellar alignment, unique to human history.

I don't know whether the End Time will be in 2012 or not, but one thing's for certain: SOMETHING will happen.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I've read a lot about the Mayan's and all that there is about 2012 from them, I really like the things about the Bible Code just posted, I'll have to look more into that, but another person that piqued my interest with 2012 is Terrence McKenna.
I'm not sure how credible he is, or what exactly he means will happen in the year 2012. But I believe it has something to do with the doubling of information. At the bottom of the site you can link to somethings about this. I'm sorry I haven't researched it more, but I'm in a hurry, so check it out for yourselves......or don't...whichever you want.

Go to bottom of page

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Timewave...I Ching.....Yikes

If you can figure it out...be my guest.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Mayans' long count calendar ends at 6 a.m. EST December 21, 2012. The calendar was originally developed from watching stars through their observatories, most notably at Chitzen Itza on the Yucatan peninsual in Mexico.

The priests were the only ones who needed the calendar so they over-complicated it to the point that only trained experts can read it. But their calendar is the most accurate of any society's, far more so than our modern calendar.

The simplest explanation I've seen can be found at onealclan0.tripod.com... . Some other interesting and related items are there too but visitors who go there can look around.

Native Americans and many other societies long ago decided that 2012 was the last year of human existence also and that's why so many websites - including this one - are so fascinated by the year. The Bible Code has many references concerning 2012 as well with many natural disasters predicting the years leading up to that (presumably) final year.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wasnt the world supposed to end 1 a.m. January First 2000?
Joking aside I think the calander is intriguing but by no means says the world is going to end its just another cycle of the calander. There are already tons of threads about the calander that attempt to debunk it so I wont even go there. The bible code in my openion is kind of a dumb theory considering researchers have made strikingly accuarate predictions by a code established in Moby Dick in an effort to prove that any large book can contain coded mesages if someone looks hard enough, hell i myself remember trying to find and being successful at times looking for dirty words in the wordfinds of the sunday morning newspaper.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I believe myself academically and by experience to be an expert in Mayan culture.

Respectfully to the doubting correspondent: Having studied the Mayan calendar and their society in Mexico and Guatemala, I - and most other researchers - have concluded that the original statement made in this tread is accurate. The Mayans did, in fact, believe that December 21, 2012 - precisely at 6 a.m. - would be the End of Days.

I can understand anyone wishing to debunk this. It is difficult for most to believe. All that I am saying is that the Mayans and many other cultures had arrived at that conclusion. December 21, 2012, was not just another day to them. That was literally the end of their long-count calendar. Because of its complexity and flexibility, nothing prevented them from going further than that future moment in time.

However, I will add that the Mayan were excellent astronomers and with faultless logic determined astronomical cycles that began 26,000 years ago will align precisely the same on that day. This is easy to check, including at the website mentioned above.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, i have to admit it is true.Their calculations puts it at precisely Sunday, December 23 ,2012.But how do we know the date has not been edited by sum people with their own agenda?I mean if they could predict the end of the world, why then couldn"t they predict the end of their civilisation.?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Is that 6 am Mexican time?

- Was

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
6 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, December 12, 2012.

10 a.m., GMT.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
2012 is the end but there will be rendings of the Earth years beforehand.Call 2012 a new beginning for that area. See AAER site.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
www.firedocs.com...

A: Yes. It's a dreamlike reality. No one has picked up a tangible future beyond 2012 AD. There is a very abrupt wall there with nothing on the other side.

Q: Prophecies speak of earth changes around then.

A: Curious, isn't it? [end quoted material]

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

Remote Viewer Ed Dames on 2012

www.rviewer.com...

CALL How about that block, that in the year 2012, could that have something to do with some sort of time loop, or time problem that we cause by letting out this technology? [ART : Hmmn!]

LYN I don't think so... now, to be fair about this, I have not viewed beyond this, simply because I haven't been tasked with it. That's one of the things that is in my growing stack of fun targets to do for myself.

but fresh from the influence of Dames as his instructor he said a lot of things he might not say now. Dames says he can't View past some given year (I think it changes from 2005 to 2012). Joe and Lyn have clearly said they have no problem with it at all. -- PJ

And here's a non-rv or oobe related link about 2012...

exodus2006.com...

[edit on 6-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Someone might have said this but maybe the mayans just happen to "dissapear" around the time they finished the 2012 calender.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
every culture has a end of day's guesstimation throughout history. Infact it boils down to the fact that every GENERATION has an end of days theory. In the medieval ages many of them had different times for the supposed apocolypse. Even in our generation, we had people saying 1980 would be the end, no 1990....no...2000...no wait, it should be 2001! Oh no...2008..nope...2012! the mayans said so! yes!

Human culture has always been fascinated with our own demise. We always give off these predictions, and none really come true. Everybody has theyre own apocalypse theory. It's just something everybody has, and so far, none have been right. The Mayan's will be the same, just another Apocalyse theory, thats all.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
St George and Urban Oyster are correct. Also, difficult to argue with WolftoWar.

But I might add one more point. I visited "The Bible Code Website" as suggested above and find it clear from all the information posted therein that the 2012 point is quite different from other predicted dates.

All had good points.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well, I marked my calendar, just in case.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There is a place in Ireland (I forgot the name and location) that seems to be built for December 21st every year.

On December 21st the sun rises and a ray of light shine through a small tunnel inside this ruin. As the sun rises the ray gets longer and longer until it reaches this square in the floor. Then after a while as the sun moves the ray slowly gets smaller until it goes back out the door.

Apparently Pagans used to pray on the stone in that day? Sorry I can't remember the ruin but it is in Ireland. I am too tired to search on google!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
What's the "Dark Rift"?

[edit on 8/10/2004 by GuerrillaFuunkstaahh]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
mexicanhorse.tripod.com...

But in the center of the Milky Way lies the "dark rift"- a black ridge cause by so much interstellar dust which blots out the light of stars within it and behind it. This dark rift was known to the Maya as Xibalba Be, the Road to the Underworld. It was sometimes called "the Black Road."

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I was also reading that the Mayans said that during that time of the alignment, civilizations will move to inhabit other planets.
But that Earth will not be able to inhabit other planets.
Something like that.
Can't find it now though.
Maybe extra-terrestrials will visit Earth? Or try to inhabit it?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The Ashtar Command
Now, because the Earth is out of balance and because I have an interest in the people, I come to assist at this time, to see her through the evolution into the Fifth Dimension.

Originally posted by ID
On December 21, 2012 The Mayans believe that the 5th world age will begin.

CONNECTIONS!?

sanandaseagles.com...
That Ashtar stuff seems like total B.S. though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join