It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
drunk

Beg to differ. There was total chaos wherever I went at the end of 1999, kind of reminded me of a Prince song.

For Christ's sake, live up to your name.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Wasn't the world suppoused to end yesterday or something...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well there wasnt chaos where i was unfortunately so i beg to differ was rather peaceful New years Eve actually, no crowd trouble, me and my g/f and couple of friends to BBQ that night.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Only the Y2K conspiracy that had people in fear of their planes falling out of the sky and the infrastructure everywhere turning off at the stroke of midnight when computers couldn't roll over the date.

But that was more the Money God talking and providing ill gotten employment, not the Almighty.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 05:01 AM
link   
But to the blood suckers(money grabbers) that is total chaos.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Abraham- When you say you'll live forever, what exactly do you mean? If you're talking about life after death or reincarnation then that's your deal, I aint gonna criticise, but if you mean physically then you're going to be very disappointed; human life is extraordinarily fragile and often short. I know that all too well.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sorry that I don't share all of your enthusiasm for the subject, but, why is it such a big deal? I mean if the world ends or changes or whatever, there's nothing we can do about it. Why bother trying to count down the time? Just live like you are gonna die tomorrow, and forget the rest. I have always had slight irritation with people who are always wondering about the afterlife. I am having enough problems dealing with this life, I don't need to worry about what happens in the next one.
~Peace out.
Make somone
2day.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"The World" won't end.

Check this out:

www.sacredroad.org...

ONE

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Here's a interesting little graph that correlates the projected world end timelines of the Bible, Toffler waves (illuminati pike plan), Quantum philosophy, the Mayan calendar, Astrology, I Ching (McKenna timewave), Great pyramid chronograph and the Hopi Indian, Aztec and Hindu prophecies. They all pretty much seem to say the same thing. I can't vouch for its accuracy or authenticity though.

It must be considered atleast a little odd that these all correlate so well. Taking the 'accuracy or authenticity' for granted for a moment, one could draw the following conclusions:

1. Things start getting bad this year (2003). Atleast 4 or 5 predict WW3 for this year.

2. A global depression will hit around 2006.

3. Between 2009 and 2012, things get increasingly bad leading up to a pole shift (possibly manmade) in 2012. All Ages end in 2012, the end of the Pisces/Aquarius transition ends etc., with a zero-point(as the mayans call it) on dec. 21.

4. The only bright spots appear to be between 2009 and 2011 where the Hindus offer us 'alternate futures' and the alternate futures offered by the Egyptians in 2012.

5. Logically, up until Dec 21, 2012, we have the chance to change the path of destiny and avert the chaos/destruction/end which follows. For after 2012 (dec 21) we see 'The Great Purification', 'Earth Falls into Void', Armageddon, Biotech Holocaust, Bottomless Pit -- all the really nasty stuff.

That's what i got from glancing at it anyway. Cool graph.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
we'll pick for the end of the world in 2013?

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"The Mayan Long Count Calendar ends December 21, 2012. What this means is a matter of opinion and conjecture."

one of the mayan elders said the world doesn't end. It just starts a new period of the Earth and we become more enlightened

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Absolutely nothing will happen in 2012 and here's why.

The Mayan's were expert astronomers and because of this they were able to determine a very very accurate calendar. The fact that it ends in 2012 means nothing, it just means that the calendar starts over again at the beginning because their calendar corresponds to earth location in space and it's just a cycle that repeats itself.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Anyone read the recent Time magazine that has a picture of Ben Franklin on the front cover? Inside it has a paragraph that briefly mentions 2012 as being the year when the world ends.....It's the July 7, 2003 issue.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
ok I can see into the future, and this is how I see what happens that leads up to 2012, and it's very scary.

2005: The Second Autobot and Decepticon war starts on planet Earth, as well as Cybertron.

2009: The SDF1 crashes in the southern pacific, all nations make peace to rebuild this unknown alien ship.

2010: The first robotech assault aircraft roll off the assembly lines.

2012: The earth's surface gets obliterated by the arrival of the massive Zentradi fleet. The date shall be Dec. 21. The battle for Earth follows in orbit.

P.S. Refer to Transformers and the show Robotech for any further information

ID

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Greetings members of above top secret. I am new here and thought I would share some information I have heard regarding the 2012 end of the world prophecy.

On December 21, 2012 The Mayans believe that the 5th world age will begin. This means that our present age (the 4th) will end. The Mayans were aware of the galactic occurrence of precession. Precession is caused by the wobbling of the earths axis. This wobbling causes stars to shift in positions about 1 degree every 72 years. It takes 25,800 years to complete one wobble or cycle of precession. I may be mistaken as it has been about a month since I last read about the subject but I believe a cycle of precession ends on December 21, 2012. Also on that day the sun lines up with the center of the milky way and a dark rift will appear in the sky as a result. The Mayan people believe this rift to be Xibelbebe or the road to the underworld.

It is my opinion that these two events coupled with the end of the long count calendar (as mentioned before this takes 5,125.36 years) give a large amount of credibility to the Mayan prophecy. Many compare this to Y2K however I believe this to be a much more serious "end of the world" scenario as there is a great deal of scientific research to back it.

Now this may all blow over and be filed as another great end of the world scare come and gone. All I can say is I for one will not be resting easy on that fateful day.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i made a post aon this topic about a month ago
i will give you the link LINK TO POST

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hi can someone please give a generally accepted date please, as i've seen two on this thread and also read somewhere that it was december the 28th?

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
correcto-mundo!

21 dec 2012, winter solstice, end of great year cycle.

the earth aligns with the galactic center on solstice day,

Sagittarius A*, the galactic core massive black hole

known to scientists since 1995, has the pleasure &

irony of being in the constellation of the same name...

'the Archer' ironically may be the source of the ID

mayan-synopsis post; "a dark shaft" etc....

Q: will 2012 date also be the time when a high-energy
gamma ray & x-ray burst ... completes the 26000 year
voyage from the black hole to tear away the earths magnetosphere, ionosphere, van allen belts?
causing the 'purification' and the 'pole shift' all at once?

MAYBE !

enjoy the journey

youse science buffs- news.bbc.co.uk...

www.space.com...

ENTROPY til then

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As a matter of clarification, the world won't end, we will. The planet will be here long after we have turned to dust.

ID

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
"As a matter of clarification, the world won't end, we will. The planet will be here long after we have turned to dust."

Exactly what the Mayans believe, our age will end and the fifth will begin. I believe the reason many people believe that we will be here when the world itself ends is because we for the most part are a very egotistical race and it is difficult for us to accept that we are just one stage in the grand scheme of things. Our existence is but a blink of time in the life and times of planet Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join