It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
just like planet x
I dont doubt the sumerians but those people that claim to be in telepathic contact with aliens
plz give me a break if aliens are sending them telepathic messages i think the first to NancyL would be

JESUS CHRIST LEARN BETTER HTML UR PAGE IS TEH SUXX0R!!!

have I mentioned that I love you, Lysergic? that is the greatest post on this subject I've read so far

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Posted by ID (Pss t i dont know how to do ur quotes)

"2012

Greetings members of above top secret. I am new here and thought I would share some information I have heard regarding the 2012 end of the world prophecy.

On December 21, 2012 The Mayans believe that the 5th world age will begin. This means that our present age (the 4th) will end. The Mayans were aware of the galactic occurrence of precession. Precession is caused by the wobbling of the earths axis. This wobbling causes stars to shift in positions about 1 degree every 72 years. It takes 25,800 years to complete one wobble or cycle of precession. I may be mistaken as it has been about a month since I last read about the subject but I believe a cycle of precession ends on December 21, 2012. Also on that day the sun lines up with the center of the milky way and a dark rift will appear in the sky as a result. The Mayan people believe this rift to be Xibelbebe or the road to the underworld.

It is my opinion that these two events coupled with the end of the long count calendar (as mentioned before this takes 5,125.36 years) give a large amount of credibility to the Mayan prophecy. Many compare this to Y2K however I believe this to be a much more serious "end of the world" scenario as there is a great deal of scientific research to back it.

Now this may all blow over and be filed as another great end of the world scare come and gone. All I can say is I for one will not be resting easy on that fateful day.
"

Also. If you have read the new Nexus magazine, or jsut wait 2 months for them to put it onto thier web stie...Thier is an article in there about the Egyptians and the pyramids.

Very interesting.

Inside the pyramid measuring 1 inch as a year from the outside of it, the year 2004 descends into a botomless pit.

but thats just the descending path.

The upper path in 2012 has material inthe pyramid turn into granite inthe kings chamber.

But basically what it's saying is this.

There are 2 paths.

1. WE can go into a bottomless pit (armageaddon (not correct spelling) and if that happens, we hsould be seeing MAJOR MAJOR wars next year with the likes of nukes, etc. Now this makes me nervous as North Korea is threatening about Nukes ,etc and we seem to be heading into a bottomless pit.

2. We can evolve, learn, and become a higher being. Expand our conscious in 2012.

Now not only does the sun align with the centre of the galaxy, etc. Also another 3 galaxies align with our galaxy.

So things are REALLY coming into alignment. And i cant wait to find out what's going to happen if anything

And i dont know why..but i have a feeling something's going to happen.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

"As a matter of clarification, the world won't end, we will. The planet will be here long after we have turned to dust."

Exactly what the Mayans believe, our age will end and the fifth will begin. I believe the reason many people believe that we will be here when the world itself ends is because we for the most part are a very egotistical race and it is difficult for us to accept that we are just one stage in the grand scheme of things. Our existence is but a blink of time in the life and times of planet Earth.

Planet of the apes here we come??

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
Yep thats right although I`ve just read a book which says its actually 2013 not 2012. Not sure what to make of it.

Probably just someone who have forgotten that there is no year 0. After 1 BC came 1 AD.

As for this calendar ending in 2012, I have written about this in another thread about the same subject. The Mayan callendar doesn't say that the world will end in 2012, but 21 of December 2012 marks the end of one age and the start of another. There is much speculation that the Mayan calendar and the Astrological calendar is one of the same, which means that the Age of Aquarius will start in this year, but I haven't done good enough research on this.

I believe it was Toltek who said that this new age would be a world without clocks, that time as we know it will cease to exist.

Perhaps we instead of saying "the time is twelve" will say "The Sun is on it's highest now".

Blessings,
Mikromarius

ID

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The Mayan callendar doesn't say that the world will end in 2012, but 21 of December 2012 marks the end of one age and the start of another.

This is true but as I said before with the start of each world age there has been a new dominant species or a drastic evolution of the previous. Therefor humanity MAY end on that day or me may just evolve somehow into something different. This doesn't not have to be a drastic change in the least but it would signal a new era of our existence.

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i believe that on but 21 of December 2012 the human will not end, but the main super power will fall.

ID

posted on Aug, 17 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I assume you are referring to the united states. If I am incorrect in this statement please inform me of it. I do not believe that the Mayans would make such a profound prediction about a trivial political event (yes in the grand scheme of things it would be trivial). What ever happens on that fateful day will be much bigger then the fall of a government.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
All great civilizations fall, all great powers loose their power, this isnt the end of the world though. If The US lost its super-power rank, it would rise up again eventually. France used to be a major power, then it just simply decreased, not the end of the world.

ID

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ah the civilization may have fallen, almost to the point of being lost to the minds of men. But the prophecy still remains and has stood unchanged...waiting to be fulfilled ....2012

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

plz give me a break if aliens are sending them telepathic messages i think the first to NancyL would be

JESUS CHRIST LEARN BETTER HTML UR PAGE IS TEH SUXX0R!!!

LOL, I needed a good laugh, thanks.
As for Nancy, yea didn't she say it was coming nearby in 2002/2003? or was it this year? hehe

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
and the fifth age will be the new age of enlightment.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have read on this, and I think the wheels of time will just switch over like an odometer chaging over. I don't see it as some incredible event that will forever change mankind, or anything, I just think the next day the sun will rise, the birds will sing, and we'll all go to our s***ty jobs again.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This theory is kinda fun to watch because it names an exact date and its vague enough that it cant really be disproven until that date happens.

I don't really take it too seriously though. While its possible that they knew something we don't, I have some doubt that they would have better knowledge of future events. Unless it was a far orbiting comet or asteroid. Even if that was the case, I have serious doubts about their ability to plot the trajectory with that much accuracy.

Still its fun to consider. I guess most people who believe this theory assume that they had some ancient inside info. I think people tend to accept the possibility because really we had no idea what they believed or why they believed it.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
theoretically were all one people in the past, so i think every culture might have a little insight

hopis talk a lot of the same sort of events

www.welcomehome.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dec 21, 2012 is the date that the earth completes it's precession through a complete zodiac. It is also the winter solstice for 2012. The Mayans tracked precession because they believed that the earth went through cataclysms at the end of each precessionary cycle. They didnot predict the end of the world, just the completion of a 25,766 year cycle. Again, I do recommend that those who are interested in the end of the world scenarios read Graham Hancock's books, "Fringerprints of the Gods" and "Underworld" It will help you all understand the cause and effect of our natural environment and the amazing insights that the ancients had of it. It will not explain how they knew.

It is also a time when the planets will be located in a blank space of the milky way. Recent theory suggests that this dark spot is negative matter and/or energy. It may be what John of Patmos refers to as the skye opening in Revelations. He goes on to describe someone coming out of this opening. Possibly a metaphor for a flow of negative energy that is attracted to the planet earth because this is the only planet surrounded with a magnetic shield and also produces the most sound waves in our universe.I do wonder if it is these two unique attributes of this planet that is ultimately the cause of its' extreme upheaval at the end of each precessional cycle. Also known as the end of civilization.

Anyway, approximately 25% of the population survives, so pick a straw

[edit on 16-9-2004 by j2ts2]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Anyone heard of us moving into another dimension on the date above?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh my god. How many times has this topic been discussed. Do a search.
I have a prediction though: You will die in 200 years. If it happens it happens. 2012 has as much value as Y2K

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
with such discussion going on about 2012, i have come to a conclusion; being that cockroaches seem to outlast every major catyclysm, may i humbly suggest that we establish a peace treaty with, crossbreed and in time, forget our differences (a la family guy)
. i just hope my head isn't cut off and await death to finally arrive in one month...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think they just stopped making calenders. Who said it meant the end of the world? Has anyone made a calender that goes past the year 3000? Maybe so, but if we stopped making calenders that go past 3000 that doesnt mean the world will end then!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
yeah, the fact mayans would even go up to 2012/2013 means they just don't have alot of things to do. I'm sure with all the time they had before the age ends they could wrap up the next 20,000 years in another calender.

guess they didn't see the spanish coming heh, mystical my ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join