It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I heard there was some huge meteor meant to be heading for earth around 2012 too... Maybe it would coinside with the Mayan thing. I would however bet every person in here there house that the world is not going to end in 2012

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The fact that the winter solstice on 2012 is "aligned" with the plane of the Galaxy has no significance.

It takes the winter solstice 700-1400 years to cross the plane of the Galaxy.

The solstice last year (2005) was within 0.1 degrees (or 1/5th the size of the Sun) of where it will be on 2012.

The Sun crosses the plane of the Milky Way twice every year with no ill effect.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i heard there were certain organizations on every continent who were preparing for the coming date, could anyone shed some light on this??

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110
i heard there were certain organizations on every continent who were preparing for the coming date, could anyone shed some light on this??

well its 1:15am and i was about to go to sleep so i wont put up any links until tomorow but i have read that the calenders stopped in that year because according to "some" experts "something" scared the hell out of the mayans into not proceding after that date. Now there are various orgs that have a different idea of what may happen on that date. It all depends who who takes the upper hand. In other words there are orgs or secret societies fighting each other so they can take control of the "end times" and so they can fulfill their own NWO agenda. Others say that at the end of the mayan calender will be the great alien invasion in which they will have aready have been introduced by whoever "won" between the secret societies, therefore dicking over humanity with their "were here to help" skit and actually launching a full scale invasion in planet earth. I really dont know what to think about that whole invasion thing but I am almost positive that their ARE people right now fighting for domination for the NWO. Has anyone seen that intergalactic fleet stuff or what else they call themselves....starpeople or something i saw a thread about one of their messages here on ATS the other day. Many people think is a Hoex but I think those freaks mean buisness. I ve done some research on those "starpeople" and they have been around since like 92 with an "appearance" at a radio station. I think the commader of those people goes by the "earth name of Chris Michael but his "original name is Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn, Commander in Chief, Earth Project Transition,
Pleiadian Sector Flight Command, Intergalactic Federation Fleet Ashtar
Command, lol i love writing his whole "theme" it cracks me up...lol. Anyways this guy if u look him up he has written several books. Well like I said I was on my way to bed but i got caught up writing more than I was suppose to. Feel free to call me out as much as you want while I rest my head, I shall links for you all tomorow.
-Annunaki Assasin

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I did not read the majority of the thread to be quite honest. But if people are still talking about 2012 being the end of the world on the last few pages then I guess this article should be brought to the attention of you all. Hopefully this will enlighten a few people are who are much to paranoid for their own good.

The end of the 13th b'ak'tun is conjectured to have been of great significance to the Maya, but does not necessarily mark the end of the world according to their beliefs, but a time of re-birth. According to the Popol Vuh, a book compiling details of creation accounts known to the Quiché Maya of the colonial-era highlands, we are living in the fourth world. The Popol Vuh describes the first three creations that the gods failed in making and the creation of the successful fourth world where men were placed. The Maya believed that the fourth world would end in catastrophe and the fifth and final world would be created that would signal the end of mankind.

The last creation ended on a long count of 13.0.0.0.0. Another 13.0.0.0.0 will occur on December 21, 2012, and it has been discussed in many New Age articles and books that this will be the end of this creation or something else entirely. However, the Maya abbreviated their long counts to just the last five vigesimal places. There were an infinite number of larger units that were usually not shown. When the larger units were shown (notably on a monument from Coba), the end of the last creation is expressed as 13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.13.0.0.0.0, where the units are obviously supposed to be 13s in all larger places. In this age we are only approaching 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.13.0.0.0.0, and the larger places are nowhere near the 13s that would match the end of the last creation. (Schele and Friedel 1990: 430)

This is confirmed by a date from Palenque, which projects forward in time to 1.0.0.0.0.0, which will occur on October 13, 4772. The Classic Period Maya obviously did not believe that the end of this age would occur in 2012. According to the Maya, there will be a baktun ending in 2012, a significant event being the end of a 13th 400 year period, but not the end of the world.

You can find the article here en.wikipedia.org...

Edit: Oh and for the people who believe in the bible code...(which is where the whole meteor hitting earth came from) dont believe the hype... You can create scriptures and names in any book besides the bible... such as Moby Dick, which was demonstrated by a professor at MIT(i think thats the right school, been several years since ive seen it demonstrated, since it was during the huge bype of the bible code)

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Diem928]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yes, seems everyone is talking about 2012 at the moment and this will be a hot subject in the future.

Here is another one:
When will the World End - 2012? by Ellen Lloyd

Interesting approach, if you ask me. The author does not say that something will happen, but she does not dismiss the idea either. Maybe all we can do is just wait and see.

Patrick

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The Mayan calender like any other calender measures time

The Mayan Calender stops on Dec 21, 2012 at 11:11 am UTC time.

Does this mean the end of the world? - No, but what it does mean is the end of linear time.

So what you will have after this date is a world without linear time, a world which only has NOW time. You will be living in a world where time cannot be measured.

Try to get used to living in the NOW because that is all you will have then.

The world will not end.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thesaint:

Originally posted by thesaintThe Sun crosses the plane of the Milky Way twice every year with no ill effect.

I'm not sure what you mean by this exactly, but scientists confirm that the Sun crosses the centre point of the plane of the milky way every 13000 odd years in a 26000 year odd cycle.

In 2012 our solar system (Sun) will be passing the centre point of the plane of our galaxy (milky way).

Think what happens when a tornado passes from the northern hemisphere to the souther hemisphere. Something similar will probably happen to our solar system.

I'd recommend you just hang on

Many will survive though.

Cheers

JS

[edit on 14-8-2006 by jumpspace]

[edit on 14-8-2006 by jumpspace]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
what a thread gosh this topic really gets ppl (myself included) going, anyone notice its been going solid for hmmm 3 yeers
but anyway I can remember hearing on a show called PANORAMA abt 4 yeers ago that the world was going to end 2066??

anyone else see it??

anyway every year we get this same hysteria, whether it be bird flu, asian flu, 06/06/06 , mad cow disease we all constantly try to find difernt ways to soil ourselves in more interesting,plausible and intelligient ways.

I also thought that the world was meant to end through the anti-christ and the rapture tht wood release angels or god from the sky to do battle with the antichrist one last time, also im very rough on this but the world didn t actually end with everyone on earth dying ??

but to finsh off the world has been ending wel...evr sins the first human beings speculated when and whether it wood which according to some of the links on this gos as far back as 12000yrs BC and guess what !!?!!...were stil here!

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by j619pinoy
Aside from my belief that Atlantis had to have been in S.America...has anyone heard of the Mayan calendar? I hear it shows the ending of the world in 2012.

If yo mean full out nuclear holocost id say much sooner than that.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Nah, I believe that the world will be either rejuvenated in 2012 or something. It doesn't necessaryly mean the end of the world. Maybe it will be a new beginning.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Nah, I believe that the world will be either rejuvenated in 2012 or something. It doesn't necessaryly mean the end of the world. Maybe it will be a new beginning.

Ya the same chance something bad happening could lead to the same chance of something good happening.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh

just like the snake bitting its own tail
i think its a time of great change
why would anyone want to tell everyone when its the end of the world i would rather let it happen not expecting it.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think, After recent weeks, I would believe that maybe in fact they had a "notion" about such things (Knowledge), either given, or percieved upon. And it translated in thier works. I mean if you know there is no more, why waste paper?

Humanity got a nice junp somewhere in our evo. Annunaki? sure. If they can /have done that. Think of what else they have/could do

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
hello everyone this is Satan calling.....
the world actually ended in the year 2000 when the millenium virus caused all the nuclear weapons on earth to explode simultaneously
you guys are all actually dead and this is hell
thats why you've all been reading the same crap over and over about precognitive Mayans (who incidentally couldn't see their own end coming) and believing it without actually checking for your selves why the Mayan calendar actually ends when it does
see
this is actually purgatory
and you're all doomed to repeat this error for the next 6 years at which time someone will discover that the world will really end in 2036
at which time someone will discover that the world will actually end in 2072
at which time........
etc
etc

yup
you know when i got this next thousand years God said that he'd arranged for no one to believe a word i said so i could tell people the truth and they still wouldn't get it
so God left you all a final message until his hols are over sometime on January 1st 3000
S-O-R-R-Y F-O-R T-H-E I-N-C-O-N-V-E-N-I-E-N-C-E

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Marduk]

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Humanity got a nice junp somewhere in our evo. Annunaki? sure. If they can /have done that. Think of what else they have/could do

apparently they couldn't spell Neberu properly

nor Annunaki
its derived from the words
Anu - Solar Deity
Na - Man
Ki - earth (as in mud not planet)
so its actually
ANUNAKI
Men of the God Anu

Sithcin btw is an economist who doesn't speak or read anything but English and Hebrew
the name Anunaki is akkadian, its derived from the word Anuna which is its sumerian equivalent
and apart from anything else Enlil, Enki and Bel Marduk weren't Anuna or Anunaki
they were all IGIGI
just so's you'll know

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

apparently they couldn't spell Neberu properly

nor Annunaki
its derived from the words
Anu - Solar Deity
Na - Man
Ki - earth (as in mud not planet)
so its actually
ANUNAKI
Men of the God Anu

Sithcin btw is an economist who doesn't speak or read anything but English and Hebrew
the name Anunaki is akkadian, its derived from the word Anuna which is its sumerian equivalent
and apart from anything else Enlil, Enki and Bel Marduk weren't Anuna or Anunaki
they were all IGIGI
just so's you'll know

As a hobby I don't spell check my typing, thanks for making it evident. I'm glad you feel better. Your theory is sound. And I agree with your consipracy. Your points are valid.

wait...did you have a point?...

EDIT: Because I don't spell check my typing. Duh?

[edit on 2-9-2006 by RubinLando]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yes virgina the world will end in 2012.

Rack up your credit cards, take on massive debt, tell your mother in law off the day before, tell your boss to go ______ themself.....its freedom day !

We will all die on that day, so its time to party like its 2012 !

Everyone feel better knowing its doomsday?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

As a hobby I don't spell check my typing, thanks for making it evident. I'm glad you feel better. Your theory is sound. And I agree with your consipracy. Your points are valid.

I wasn't criticising you
Sitchin himself can't spell a whole host of mesopotamian words
this could be misconstrued as evidence that he can't read them either

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
wut the mayans predicted as stated 1000s of time in this article is that the end of the 4th sun as they called it is goin to happen in 2012 as for the whole end of world bull it was that if we went to war in november 2/3 of the human race would die in the war not sure which war but a war was stated ill post the article on it when i find it

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join