It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Why is it that so many people are worried over what a many thousand year old calendar says? What did the Mayans know? How is there ancient calendar more accurate that hours? How are they able to predict the future?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekdiva
Artemis, I think that the flesh eating diseases and wars are part of it... the prophecy says it will end, but not in what way... isn't it possible that one of these things will lead to our own destruction? There are lots of ways we could go and I doubt that it'll be split second "poof, no more earth" sort of thing. What do you all think the method of death could/will be?

yes those things probably are the cause but why worry when you think of it its pretty funny millions of people around the world all talking about something that might never happen and if it does are worried about nothing. You'll have nothing to live,for all your relatives will be with you by your side while you journey to whatever faith you worship. you will lose nothing but your home on the rock we call earth. so why is everyone so scared of the end of the world?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am one who finds the various similarities and ancient, worldwide origins of the predictions which suggest something notable is to occur around the year 2012 to be a point worth consideration. The end of the world idea is one that I don't understand. What does that mean? I can picture the end of an era, cycle, age, or consciousness. The end of civilization, humanity, or life as we know it is within my understanding, too, but the end of the world is a concept I cannot grasp.
I see no reason to worry, even if there is something big afoot, and I do not feel the slightest fear about it. And this is my view, even if the event is a global catastrophe which sets humanity back to the stone age. Like George Carlin said, we've had our turn, maybe it's time to give someone else a shot. It is not hard to imagine that our present state is worthy of a 'do over'.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
finally 2 people who see it the way i do

[edit on 18-1-2006 by ArtemisFowl]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
2012 will not be the end of the world,but the beginning of a new one.

With the help of et's in years to come..they are going to usher us into the new age (4th dimensional)

jesus returns in 2010!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Magicpriest420, I am glad to hear the lowdown on the whole 2012 thing. You state your point very decisively, as though there is no question that it will come to pass. If you are guaranteeing it, I was wondering if I could get it in writing, with a payout to me should the events unfortunately unfold otherwise. If I can't get a guarantee, that is fine. I really just wanted to make the point that I don't have complete trust in any predictions for the future. In my mind, they might be wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Magicpriest420, I am glad to hear the lowdown on the whole 2012 thing. You state your point very decisively, as though there is no question that it will come to pass. If you are guaranteeing it, I was wondering if I could get it in writing, with a payout to me should the events unfortunately unfold otherwise. If I can't get a guarantee, that is fine. I really just wanted to make the point that I don't have complete trust in any predictions for the future. In my mind, they might be wrong.

Thats just how i roll

i dont garuntee it..but it seems more and more likely with everyday that goes by...i would hope something would happen in the near future..if not im prolly going to commit suicide..because this world aint cut out for me..id rather see whats on the other side,so to speak!

Im gonna be waiting for them..but if they dont come..ill just go by myself

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If you cut out before the big day, you'll miss all the fun. If it doesn't happen, then what have you lost? I'm sure eternity can wait.
Suicide is like telling God, 'You can't fire me, I quit!'
It is one of those kind of things where if it doesn't work out, though, you can't take it back. I'll never commit suicide, because I will always want to see whats next. In the case of 2012 though, although it is bound to be spectacular, that is one show I hope I never see. But, hey, if it happens it happens, and I'll just soak up the experience.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If the story of jesus was true, didnt he commit suicide?

he willing commited to his own death..thats IF the stories are true.

people are going to say"oh but he was the son of god and it was his will"

well i feel the same way..im write my own will..if i kill myself i would have felt no shame..i would actaully feel more shame..if i continued to live on earth...i think it goes..the people who love the world are a enemy to god..i think thats how it goes.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Facing certain death standing up for your beliefs may be considered suicide, but I totally disagree. To compromise yourself instead would make the rest of your life a living death.
‘I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn’t fit to live.’
Martin Luther King Jr., June 23, 1963

Besides, it is not at all hard to interpret the events surrounding the crucifixion differently. I do. Maybe he didn't rise from the dead, but never died? Lots of books have theories on this.
I can't see myself commiting suicide, but I do agree that for others to pass judgement is irrelevent. The Japanese have a different view completely, and feel it is honourable in some cases, or at least they used to. My old boss used to get fed up, and say, 'homicide before suicide' and while I feel differently, I found it interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Yea i do understand what your saying...the qoute was good..what would i die for?

I would die for the chance to know what its like on the other side!

Were is the shame in that?

I think jesus was the one who said the greatest thing a man can do is give his life for his friends.

that might have been alil off topic

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
These types of discussion are pointless, the end of the world has been predicted many times. Maybe the Mayan guy writing the calender got bored at 2012/2013.
Or he thought he'd have a laugh by predicting the end of the world and have people living in fear.

cmo

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
as mathmaticly advanced as they and other ancient civiliations were(mayans,aztecs,toltecs,incas,and even the egyptians),whos to say they might have been counting down till the reversal of the poles which is predicted to be coming an is said that it will have catistophic affects including the onset of the next ice age ,and that would certainly be world ending in their eyes (mabey)

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicPriest420
If the story of jesus was true, didnt he commit suicide?

he willing commited to his own death..thats IF the stories are true.

people are going to say"oh but he was the son of god and it was his will"

well i feel the same way..im write my own will..if i kill myself i would have felt no shame..i would actaully feel more shame..if i continued to live on earth...i think it goes..the people who love the world are a enemy to god..i think thats how it goes.

of course the story of Jesus is true and he died for you!! willingly!!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I thought it was December 24th, 2012?

Now that just sucks. I was looking forward to opening christmas presents that year.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
In the Mayan tradition anyway. It is day one of Baktun 13.0.0.0.0. so if you are still kicking, you can still exchange gifts. It will all be done by then. Of course, if the ancients are not all in agreement on an erroneous depiction, you'll have to be darn fortunate to be here. The Hindu fellow that I spoke with said the end of the age would 'wipe the slate clean.' The apocalypse doesn't sound much better.

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Well, its probably best you read some books on this and see for your self. There is far too much data here to explain the whys and hows of what the mayan thought.

I actuallity Its corrisponds to astonomy more so than most. Its based on precessional tracking in the galactic plane. We are at the end of the last precession in 2012. Which means the rotation of the galactic plane or ecliptic will start over for another 26,000 year cycle..(approx) time. Lots of good reading here, check it out

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
I have a question.

Why did they think the world just ends? What happens to it, where does it go? Or does it recycle?
Does it cease to exist? Or just the life on it.

I'd be interesting to know where they came across this thinking. Anyone have any links.

I also heard it was supposed to end on May 4, 2004-I forget where I heard it though.

As I understand it, from reading and such. The Mayans believed that the planet underwent CHANGES.
They saw these cycles as different stages in the bigger picture of evolution & growth.

AS I understand it, it is A TIME OF CHANGE ...what does that mean to you?
It could be world war
famine
true peace
etc
etc
etc
etc
It is CHANGE FROM WHAT WE KNOW & LIVE, TRANSFORMATION. I'veread it is to be a higher consciousness 4 all,
moving from material world to spiritual world.

To some, that's a scary thought. Change is, human nature-wise, a scary thing.

People like their routines & comforts.

I think we can not predict WHAT WILL HAPPEN in this way. Not expect or anticipate.....only wait & see

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This whole thing is amazing.

My dad has been talking about how we're "spiritual beings stuck in a physical exsistance" and that in December of 2012, time and physical reality as we know it will come to an end, and "EVERYTHING will happen all at once".

He says all that matters is where you are in your head when that happens, it could be the most wonderful thing ever, or you could be stuck in, well, hell (for lack of a better word). It just hit him one day, and I don't understand how HE came to that date, something about time being/looking like the infinity symbol (8): the center is the begining of time, we've been traveling along it, and we're about to come back to the center again (in 2012). I called him after reading these 21 pages o' posts and it blew his freaking mind that all these other cultures have come to the same conclusion as him.

It's convinced me, a shift in consiciousness is coming...

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trooper
These types of discussion are pointless, the end of the world has been predicted many times. Maybe the Mayan guy writing the calender got bored at 2012/2013.
Or he thought he'd have a laugh by predicting the end of the world and have people living in fear.

Trooper, first, I do agree that end of the world discussions are, at least, of little value. But, even worse is offering theories on a subject based on nothing but ones imagination. If you did any research into the Mayan calendar at all, you would see how much use those proposals are. The chance that either of your 'theories' is right are remote in the extreme.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join